PDA

View Full Version : Leo ripping off his shirt

littlejhova
09-14-2008, 06:55 AM
remember in the power rangers lost galaxy episode "An Evil Game" when Leo ripped off his shirt showing his muscled, chiseled body:eek: when confronting Trakeena? i don't know about you guys but i felt like that was a little too risque for a kids show looking back on it. don't u guys think?

Question
09-14-2008, 07:00 AM
I think we should even it out by having Lily rip off her shirt.

Gold Ranger
09-14-2008, 07:07 AM
Oh, boy. That's a typical Question response. LOL

I think it probably was, depending on if the kids were old enough to understand what 'sexy' is. XD But, yeah, it probably was. Nuffin we can do about it, though...*goes to watch episode*

Jiemusu
09-14-2008, 07:19 AM

Spoilers alert!!

Chriz aka The Mole
09-14-2008, 07:20 AM
remember in the power rangers lost galaxy episode "An Evil Game" when Leo ripped off his shirt showing his muscled, chiseled body:eek: when confronting Trakeena? i don't know about you guys but i felt like that was a little too risque for a kids show looking back on it. don't u guys think?

Well no I don't. See not many know that Danny Slavin asked saban if he could have created control over his character of Leo Corbett.

As an actor Danny Slavin felt as though Leo was a bit too two dimensional and needed a weakness, even superman has kyptonite. So he decide Leo's weakness would be sensitive nipples. So he played the scene as if the shirt was Chafing his nipples.

Quite frankly I applaud him for taking a scene like Leo standing still and turning in to him freeing his sensitive nipples so we as viewers could see we are at our strongest when we learn to overcome our weaknesses.

Xerox
09-14-2008, 07:34 AM
Well no I don't. See not many know that Danny Slavin asked saban if he could have created control over his character of Leo Corbett.

As an actor Danny Slavin felt as though Leo was a bit too two dimensional and needed a weakness, even superman has kyptonite. So he decide Leo's weakness would be sensitive nipples. So he played the scene as if the shirt was Chafing his nipples.

Quite frankly I applaud him for taking a scene like Leo standing still and turning in to him freeing his sensitive nipples so we as viewers could see we are at our strongest when we learn to overcome our weaknesses.

I, too, have what is known as Sensitive Nipple Syndrome (SNS). It takes a great deal of courage to overcome this adversity, and I applaud Leo for being such a brave and strong advocate for this cause.

Gold Ranger
09-14-2008, 07:39 AM
*falls over laughing* My God, I love you guys.

Xerox
09-14-2008, 07:40 AM
Gold Ranger, it seems you live near me. Look at our locations.

Gold Ranger
09-14-2008, 07:41 AM
Ooh, I'm right next door to you! Neat! XD What a co(word-I-can't-spell!)

Xerox
09-14-2008, 07:50 AM
Coincidence....I think not!

Chriz aka The Mole
09-14-2008, 07:51 AM
He's stealing your wireless.

Xerox
09-14-2008, 07:53 AM
I don't even have wireless...

GokaiGold
09-14-2008, 08:00 AM
i did remember that Leo did ripping his shirt.. it was awesome lol it's like Goku always has ripped shirt in DBZ

BanditHiro
09-14-2008, 08:36 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ns_FTmHTJ04

Lieutenant X
09-14-2008, 09:02 AM
guys I won't say it's not amusing, but you need to get back on topic please.

BanditHiro
09-14-2008, 09:05 AM

well they did kill a child off so i don't think him having multiple shirtless scenes was really going to be that bad

SHR
09-14-2008, 12:25 PM

Amen!!! :) lol I think it was a bit inappropriate then again it gave boys a thought. For example "I wanna be strong just like leo" or "I want to have muscles Like leo does and be able to rip my shirt!" becuase boys would look up to the red ranger. Like i did although I used scissors to give me a head start and then i ripped my shirt! :)

Xerox
09-14-2008, 01:03 PM
guys I won't say it's not amusing, but you need to get back on topic please.

It was on topic for two whole posts before you. Discussion branches out to other things, but it always comes back. No need to force a conversation.

Raging Phoenix
09-14-2008, 08:30 PM
Childern see more of a guys body when going to the beach. I also have the feeling we've seen some girl in the show in bikini or something. I know Tori was often at the beach, but she seemed to be somewhat more covered up. Either way, Leo didn't show any reproductional parts or other sex related parts. Yeah I know a muscled guy's chest bared can be exciting for some, but I think kids are not active enough in that way to realize this or feel this.

SHR
09-14-2008, 08:42 PM
Didnt Cole have his shirt off like during the finale epsiode of WF. It was like during the raining scene.

Zeo Power
09-14-2008, 11:22 PM

No! Make it Rocky!!!

Hear All
09-15-2008, 01:35 AM

Agreed.

And who cares? He just ripped off his shirt...

Its responses like that one that caused Disney to be so protective over the Power Rangers franchise

Chriz aka The Mole
09-15-2008, 02:51 AM
I stand by my sensitive nipples theory.

SHR
09-15-2008, 05:03 AM
I want to see Bulk rip his shirt off! *eyes bleed* lol

Chriz aka The Mole
09-15-2008, 05:06 AM
I want to see Bulk rip his shirt off! *eyes bleed* lol

Or worse , Bulk wearing a Tori style Bikini :eek: sure you'll be able to erase the dvds and film but you'd never be able to erase the memory

SHR
09-15-2008, 07:40 AM
*eyes stop bleeding and fall out* Im scarred for life!

Sushi Samurai
09-15-2008, 10:02 AM
I bet alot of Moms were watching that episode and the opening.

Little Kid: MOM! YOU MISSED THE RED RANGER OPENING AGAIN!

*Mom comes running in*

Mom: #@$!%!$@# That's it. Your grounded mister.

zedd_heart_rita
09-15-2008, 05:03 PM
There's been more flesh bared in MMPR... watch A Ranger Catastrophe...

They all rip off their KKK outfits and end up half naked...

Rebelde
09-16-2008, 05:59 AM
Cole and Leo were shirtless a lot. And sweaty. And...yeah. n.n <3

Lol xD xD :3

LadyShinkenRed
09-17-2008, 07:56 AM
I prefer Leo shirtless than Cole shirtless. At least Danny Slavin has a more muscled body than Ricardo.

SHR
09-17-2008, 09:17 AM
You know who i really want to see shirtless.....I want to see.....Phineas shirtless! *glass eyes crumbles to dust*

Rebelde
09-17-2008, 09:30 AM
I wanna see Zedd shirtless....wait.... he already is -.-

seriously though: Sky would be nice :D

13Lions
09-17-2008, 09:06 PM
I wouldn't call it risque, perhaps if a female ranger did it revealing her bra, then yes perhaps then you could put it into that category.

Yusei
09-18-2008, 02:35 AM
Back then the show wasn't quite for children.

Footage wasn't so heavily modified unlike today.

RangerDCMA
10-07-2008, 12:49 PM
I know Jason used to be shirtless a lot when he was doing Karate

Ryan was as well when he was revealing the tatoo Diabolico gave him

Lol I find it scary I remember when male Rangers were shirtless

mind you Karone and Maya had their cleavage on display a lot throughout Lost Galaxy which I'm sure a lot of us enjoyed

Rebelde
10-08-2008, 05:04 AM
Oh, some of us quite enjoyed all the male shirtlessness. I can assure you of that.

Indeed :D:D

Jam-Jul Lison
10-08-2008, 08:26 AM
I didn't really think much of it when it first aired. After all I grew up watching WWF and WCW. Hulk Hogan used to do the shirt rip all the time. Just seemed like a typical tough guy thing to me. I don't think a lot of parents had a problem with it either. Shame we never really saw Kimberly or Kat do this though............................................ ................oh where was I? Got distracted for a moment. lol

Uranium Ranger
10-09-2008, 09:00 PM
It's not a big deal if a guy rips of his shirt, it's when the females do it when it's go....I mean an issue. However, I think RJ also ripped his shirt once when he was suffering from the controlling his spirit?

zedd_heart_rita
10-11-2008, 10:46 AM
I know Jason used to be shirtless a lot when he was doing Karate

Ryan was as well when he was revealing the tatoo Diabolico gave him

Lol I find it scary I remember when male Rangers were shirtless

mind you Karone and Maya had their cleavage on display a lot throughout Lost Galaxy which I'm sure a lot of us enjoyed

Watch "Not Another Teen Movie" if you want to see Maya naked :P

Jam-Jul Lison
10-22-2008, 01:44 PM
Watch "Not Another Teen Movie" if you want to see Maya naked :P

XD You are right. I hadn't realized it was her until you said something. lol.

ZeoX
04-08-2009, 09:01 AM
I'll stand by my orignal opinion of this:

Most testosterone driven non plot moving pointless bit of randomness in of all Rangerdom.

Ofcourse I'm a fan of a good shirtless shot (excellent artistic reference if you wanna make sure the character you are drawing LOOKS like the person they are supposed no matter what you dress them in), but I still don't see a POINT for it, its just there.......

TokuFan
04-09-2009, 04:40 AM
Well he's been fighting a lot! Wouldn't you take your shirt off?

ZeoX
04-10-2009, 05:44 PM
not like that....

TokuFan
04-10-2009, 08:21 PM
Oh yeah I suppose that's true. He should have waited till Maya arrived THEN did it!

Sushi Samurai
04-11-2009, 04:27 AM
O wow this thread is still alive

O i watched the opening and he seems to be potrayed as eye candy for people with a field of dorky looking people...

It is just like the real world, they always have eye candy for both males and females just to get that much more ratings.

Zeo Power
04-11-2009, 06:36 AM
O wow this thread is still alive

O i watched the opening and he seems to be potrayed as eye candy for people with a field of dorky looking people...

It is just like the real world, they always have eye candy for both males and females just to get that much more ratings.

Too bad Leo's "eye candy" didn't bring in more ratings, LOL.

Sushi Samurai
04-12-2009, 01:15 AM
Well we had alot of moms watching the opening of the show if that counts

Super Jeff
04-16-2009, 01:02 PM
Since I am a guy I saw it was pointless for ripping off his shirt. But I guess If it gave eyecandy for the ladies, so i guess it is ok.

War's Paladin
04-16-2009, 01:05 PM
I think it was just,yanno, he was a wild man. Which they didn't pull off very well.

PowerOnyx
04-16-2009, 01:15 PM

Go watch Underbelly. :D

The_Green_Ranger
04-17-2009, 04:20 AM
Leo: "Done took my shirt off and I'm ready to fight!"

:D

TokuFan
04-17-2009, 06:41 AM
Someone should reverse that scene so he unrips it and it goes back together.

Chriz aka The Mole
09-02-2009, 11:06 AM

LOL imported_chriz is Imported-awesomeness

Jacen Solo
09-02-2009, 02:14 PM
Are ... you ... serious?

Wow.

Digifiend
09-02-2009, 10:45 PM
LOL imported_chriz is Imported-awesomenessThe imported prefix must've been added to distinguish between RT posts and OHA posts by people with the same user name. It would be incredibly unlucky if they weren't one and same person, so I don't thank that was necessaary. Oh well.

Aliques!!!
09-02-2009, 10:59 PM
one word... wrong...just wrong... okay that's 3 words, but whatever

Rebelde
09-03-2009, 12:10 AM
I wanna see Zedd shirtless....wait.... he already is -.-

Wow...look at that.. even back then I tried to be funny =[

Chriz aka The Mole
10-17-2011, 09:37 AM
The imported prefix must've been added to distinguish between RT posts and OHA posts by people with the same user name. It would be incredibly unlucky if they weren't one and same person, so I don't thank that was necessaary. Oh well.

That was the joke.

MrsBillyCranston
10-17-2011, 10:42 AM
I don't think it was inappropriate, just unnecessary (and a little cliche). But Rangers used to have their shirts off all the time. Particularly Jason and Tommy. In the early days the girls never wore bikini's, but Kimberly did wear some rather skimpy outfits (especially in MMPR: The Movie). I think the shirtless-ness and skimpy outfits went on all the way through Ninja Storm.

Red Buster
10-17-2011, 02:11 PM
This thread is waaaay too old.

Closed.