PDA

View Full Version : [Question] Problem with board rule

Evil Ranger
12-07-2010, 03:50 AM
1. Site Rules: By registering for this site, you hereby agree to abide by all rules and regulations that the Staff and Owner of this site implement, as well as the laws of your country and the United States.

Alright here are the problems:

You have no clue what the laws in my country are
Everyone is already bounded by the law of their country... (duh)
the majority of the no-americans here won't know the US laws
the US law will from time to time conflict with the laws of other countries

Listen I know that you probably have the best intensions in mind with this rule. But there already is a legal disclaimer in the standard vbulletin software that keeps you pretty much covered. And this last phrase about local law and US law is just pointless (and legally spoken invalid).

The way you put it up there people can start making issues based upon their local laws and to there are countless possible conflicts. (I just doesn't make any sense)

You might as well leave it out before someone is going to use to be a pain in the ass somehow. (ex. : you can't say that! it's illegal in my country)

Kurama
12-07-2010, 06:04 AM
These Rules came over from RT in the change, if they need to be edited, they can and will be, so thanks for pointing it out

RyanRXP
12-07-2010, 08:09 AM
These Rules came over from RT in the change, if they need to be edited, they can and will be, so thanks for pointing it out

I think you just need to remove the part about the laws of your country and the US. It wouldn't be any significant change and it fixes this issue.

Kurama
12-07-2010, 06:22 PM
Yeah, I did that this morning while I was on, So all is good, Thread Closed