PDA

View Full Version : ...the hell?

Question
03-25-2011, 04:29 AM
How the fuck is Rangercrew on season two of TPIY when the ass judges here couldn't even be bothered to finish judging past episode eight of season one?

With more entrants, no less.

This is why I hate people so goddamned much. Shit like this.

The Doctor
03-25-2011, 04:46 AM
Since when is RC doing a TPIY? Did they steal the idea from us?

Fire Warrior
03-25-2011, 04:54 AM
Kage and Orangey brought it over to RC before RT became RV (did I mention Mike is using the RT name again?)

Question
03-25-2011, 06:02 AM
Missing my point.

How are they on season 2 when the guys who originated the idea couldn't get halfway through judging season ONE?

KAGE'S ONE OF THEIR JUDGES

SirGreen
03-25-2011, 06:28 AM
What is this? please excuse my nieveness

ForeverBlue
03-25-2011, 06:41 AM
TPIY: The Power is Yours......its a contest for membes to create their own fanmade (in a fanfic/roleplaying way) PR season which would be different than the current season being shown on tv.

Kage can explain it better than I can lol

SirGreen
03-25-2011, 07:18 AM
Oh i remember now lol

Kurama
03-25-2011, 08:42 AM
If is our belief at the moment that Orangey, has been more or less banned by his family from associating with the People of RV and the forum, he is the original creator of this and I don't see him coming back any time soon.

But on Question's note, Yes I am judge over their, but I was not on here, The only reason I am judge over their is because I took the idea over to them.

Also as mentioned multiple times, the entire RT/RV switch completely fucked it up, considering the judges were behind as is, that just pushed it over the edge.

If you have a problem with the Judges take it up with them Personally Question.........

Later on down that track, we may look into doing another Season of TPIY, with a few changes of course.

Question
03-25-2011, 09:05 AM
If is our belief at the moment that Orangey, has been more or less banned by his family from associating with the People of RV and the forum, he is the original creator of this and I don't see him coming back any time soon.

...why the fuck would his family ban him from RV?

Also as mentioned multiple times, the entire RT/RV switch completely fucked it up, considering the judges were behind as is, that just pushed it over the edge.

And as *I've* mentioned, the contest skidded to a halt WELL AFTER the RT/RV switch. There was a hiatus in November to deal with it, and then it came to a total standstill in January. A little hiccup is obviously to have been expected, but our team posted episode 18 before episode nine had been judged.

And as I've *also* mentioned, I managed to get all my episodes up on time despite family and personal issues on my end, so no one else really has an excuse that isn't that they just fucked up. Not all of the judges were working to get the new board up and running during the switch.

If you have a problem with the Judges take it up with them Personally Question.........

Oh, I've made how I feel about their "judging" very clear.

Later on down that track, we may look into doing another Season of TPIY, with a few changes of course.

Less fuckuppery?

Jesus, it's bad when just handing the contest to me to run is a viable idea.

edit: And if our ADMIN has time to judge a contest, why wouldn't the judges who WEREN'T trying to get a new board up and running able to, with half as many entrants to boot?

Gerbil
03-25-2011, 09:13 AM
I love you.

Question
03-25-2011, 09:14 AM
I don't even care about winning.

I just wanted feedback on my writing. And the judging stopped right before what I consider to be my third best episode.

GoldPhoenixRanger
03-25-2011, 03:26 PM
On behalf of the judges, I'll apologize again Question. Knowing you, you're going to tear this post up anyway, but what the hell.

Maybe I can shed some light on this.

1) The first season of TPIY on Crew completley sucked, only since the start of the second has it gotten better. In addition, they were going based on less episodes per season as far as I know.

2) I've already admitted that we, the judges, fucked up. The process to judge one episode (which was actually four due to there being four teams) was to have everyone send me their scores and commentary, have me compile them into a proper format, and then post for everyone to see. Based on the expirence, I give the following estimates: Approx. 30 minutes to read and judge one episode of one season. Therefore, a total of Two Hours per episode, per judge, for all four seasons. I currently work two jobs while attending classes full time, Orangey has classes, WTR attends classes full time while working for the local ambulence core which is on call at ridiculous hours, and Darklight was busy with school as well. Unforunatley, once we fell behind on one episode it all sort of spiraled out of control and I didnt recieve any scores from any of the judges, nor did I have mine prepared. We started with the short hiatus and then the holidays came and then the board switch and it just became overwhelming. Long story short, we all just got busy and didnt have the free time necessary to judge the episodes, let alone for me to compile them. Thats just how it was, and I know its a lame ass reason but its the truth.

3) Also, in all fairness, when some of the members of one team constantly berate the judges claiming them to be unfair and that the contest is bullshit, that doesnt exactly insipire us to want to keep judging either. Granted we were willing to do it, but it didnt help when the shit hit the fan because of everything else.

Now Kage is right, we would like to try another down the road but if we do so, we would learn from our past lessons and create a simpler system of judging that wouldnt take so long to perform, thus the scores would be posted in a more reasonable time. Also, perhaps allotting more time for the judges to judge each episode would be perdinant. In additon, scheduling for summertime would help people have more free time to both write and judge, and with Orangey and DarkLight gone from staff, at least for now, we would need new judged who could hopefully be reliable and enhance the contest.

Well, thats all I've got to say, tear it apart at will Q.

- GPR

Question
04-01-2011, 10:07 AM
On behalf of the judges, I'll apologize again Question. Knowing you, you're going to tear this post up anyway, but what the hell.

You get me.

Maybe I can shed some light on this.

1) The first season of TPIY on Crew completley sucked, only since the start of the second has it gotten better. In addition, they were going based on less episodes per season as far as I know.

Missing my point. I didn't even bother reading into their contest any further than the fact that they had one.

2) I've already admitted that we, the judges, fucked up. The process to judge one episode (which was actually four due to there being four teams) was to have everyone send me their scores and commentary, have me compile them into a proper format, and then post for everyone to see. Based on the expirence, I give the following estimates: Approx. 30 minutes to read and judge one episode of one season. Therefore, a total of Two Hours per episode, per judge, for all four seasons. I currently work two jobs while attending classes full time, Orangey has classes, WTR attends classes full time while working for the local ambulence core which is on call at ridiculous hours, and Darklight was busy with school as well. Unforunatley, once we fell behind on one episode it all sort of spiraled out of control and I didnt recieve any scores from any of the judges, nor did I have mine prepared. We started with the short hiatus and then the holidays came and then the board switch and it just became overwhelming. Long story short, we all just got busy and didnt have the free time necessary to judge the episodes, let alone for me to compile them. Thats just how it was, and I know its a lame ass reason but its the truth.

You have to know that now my thing is going to be you guys shouldn't have judged a contest if you knew you wouldn't have time.

And if stuff came up after the contest had started? RESIGN AND APPOINT A DIFFERENT JUDGE.

I was mod of this forum for like a month. I did not do a thing. I was much better at this than you apparently.

3) Also, in all fairness, when some of the members of one team constantly berate the judges claiming them to be unfair and that the contest is bullshit, that doesnt exactly insipire us to want to keep judging either. Granted we were willing to do it, but it didnt help when the shit hit the fan because of everything else.

You knew what you were getting into when a: you let me into the contest, b: I asked for commentary, and c: you guys said stupid things. Did you think I was going to let stupid things slide?

Now Kage is right, we would like to try another down the road but if we do so, we would learn from our past lessons and create a simpler system of judging that wouldnt take so long to perform, thus the scores would be posted in a more reasonable time. Also, perhaps allotting more time for the judges to judge each episode would be perdinant. In additon, scheduling for summertime would help people have more free time to both write and judge, and with Orangey and DarkLight gone from staff, at least for now, we would need new judged who could hopefully be reliable and enhance the contest.

Why do the judges need to be mods?

Well, thats all I've got to say, tear it apart at will Q.

Honestly? I'm tired, and am only doing this much because I just remembered I never did before.

- GPR

-Q