PDA

View Full Version : [Question] Inactivity of the Board?

ExtremeKabuto
04-30-2012, 09:52 PM
Firstly, I'll point out that It doesn't annoy me in any way, shape or form.

It's just something I feel like I've missed when I wasn't checking this place as regularly as I do now.

What is up with the inactivity in every single area except the RPG section?

No-one seems to address it directly and when it is mentioned even slightly, a real answer really isnt elaborated on.

- Most posts in the PR Forum only have a few replies to them and commonly it's a conversation between 2-3 people. The bottom of the PR Sub-Forum has a thread with a last post of 17/10/2011
- The Toku Section gets a post a week if its extremely lucky.

I swear there used to be loads more people using Rangervision then there currently is now.
So does anyone have a genuine Reason?

Is it just that everyone has moved on to other boards??
Just no-one knows about it?
Did Question scare them away or something? (I kid.... I kid....)

ForeverBlue
04-30-2012, 10:48 PM
When the board used to be RangerTalk, the activity started to drop a bit during 2009 after the crash we had back in 2008 (activity was still very good during that year after the restart). I think the drop of activity might have started after Mike restarted the board again sometime in 2009 for a new fresh start (alot of people thought it was a server crash again at first).

After Kage bought the board back in 2010 (board name change, rearranged & renamed most forums, staff changes, etc), the activity was still pretty good but slow until it started to drop more by mid 2011 or by the end of 2011.

I don't think it might have been moving on to other boards...it could be that alot of members disliked Samurai alot and making them having 2nd thoughts about watching PR again after the show was bought back by Saban or it might be people just got bored of the board and moved on with their busy life. Those couple reasons could be very similiar to what happened to this board:

Remember Power Rangers Network (later it was Ranger-Power)? The activity was great from May (although, it opened in January but it had a slow start until it started to pick up more by May) 2003 to 2006. By 2006, the activity slowly started to drop a bit, then by the start of 2007...it dropped alot more and was completely dead by August of that year. This was during the Disney years...2006 and 2007 was Mystic Force and OO. Alot of fans from that board didn't like how Disney was doing PR...alot of them left the fandom and stopped watching PR.

Ranger-Power ceased to exist at the end of 2007.

The fall of the fandom seems to be happening again like what happened during the Disney era.

ForeverBlue
05-01-2012, 02:32 AM
Probably not....

Thunderman
05-01-2012, 02:54 AM
I like your explanation Mr. Blue and I think that's most likely the reason for the inactivity. If I look at myself, I started to be less interested in Power Rangers sometime after the start of Samurai, probably even during RPM (I watched every episode of it once it was released, but I wasn't really excited of it, I think). I don't really think that it's bad, but I somehow lost interest in PR in general lately.

I'm still around here regularly, but I think that's not because of the show...

dragon flame
05-01-2012, 06:42 AM
I donīt know. Maybe people are bored of Samurai or they have better things to do. I would count myself in the first group. This board used to be such a live place...

Question
05-01-2012, 06:57 AM
I also blame Question.

Thunderman
05-01-2012, 07:55 AM
Oh, I almost forgot to mention it. I think Question scared a lot active members away. He also is responsible for PR becoming boring, even for many long-time fans. Also, Question is the reason why the oil prizes rise...

Tiger Lily
05-01-2012, 08:33 AM
How did Question scare away the members?

Question
05-01-2012, 08:37 AM
People got jealous of my tremendous dong.

Ultimate Mikey
05-01-2012, 01:35 PM
I don't know about any of you guys, but I will like Power Rangers until the day I die. Okay, that is probably going a little extreme, but in some essence it's the truth. I love made up stuff like that. I really like this board anyways because of how it's like other boards. Some boards have a maximum amount of writing you can have. Some only allow three to five pictures or videos per post. And others, you post your story and the day after its all ready in the third page and no one is paying much attention to it. Also, I agree with some of the people on here (except for it being Question's fault), some people don't like Samurai and I guest people are out growing Power Rangers. I mean next year they are going to celebrate 20 years, not to mention last year Super Sentai celebrated 35. I am a good fan, not saying I'm the greatest, and I will stay on this website until it is no more.

GoldPhoenixRanger
05-01-2012, 01:40 PM
I wish we could explain the inactivity, as it sucks that this board is so slow.

In the past, I've sent out periodic e-mails to the entire member base to advertise new things going on and to try and get members back, but while it doesn tend to bring some back temporarily, it doesn't seem to last.

Coming up soon we'll be re-launching the TPIY contest, plus the Your Vision contest will be returning. I'm hoping these activities will help boost activity. If it pans out, there is also another suprise coming that may perk interest in the board. That's not to mention the massive 20th Anniversary coming up that will likely bring some people back.

If anyone else has suggestions to help get people coming to this board again, please let me or another staff member know. It's nice to see members concerned about the state of the board instead of just the staff.

And thanks for the loyalty URR. Many members used to feel that way, but over time they've left anyway.

-GPR

Red Buster
05-01-2012, 05:11 PM
Another issue I've noticed is that any new members we do get all seem to disappear right after they sign up.

ExtremeKabuto
05-01-2012, 06:03 PM
The Sub-Forum that I try to check alot, hoping someone might have actually reply in is the Toku Forum. Aside from a sudden burst of inactivity, it's dead in the ground. Anyone who had the resources to post rumours for toku seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth and it's just sitting there. Hikari Studio is especially dead. Only one thread actually has a last post in 2012. Sometimes I felt like posting something in there but eventually I couldn't be bothered cause I didn't expect anyone to reply anyway.

After Kage bought the board back in 2010 (board name change, rearranged & renamed most forums, staff changes, etc), the activity was still pretty good but slow until it started to drop more by mid 2011 or by the end of 2011.

I had maybe been here for about a month or so when they renamed it to RV and Kage got the Board from Mike (that was how it went didn't it?). It was buzzing even then. And hell.. I've only been here since April 2010. The point was usually, I could come on at least once a day and there would be multiple new threads and posts in nearly every sub-forum.

As for the activity of the board before OO & MF, I wasn't here so I can't say anything about it. But its been over maybe the past year or so where everything has just died off completely.

I don't think it might have been moving on to other boards...it could be that alot of members disliked Samurai alot and making them having 2nd thoughts about watching PR again after the show was bought back by Saban or it might be people just got bored of the board and moved on with their busy life. Those couple reasons could be very similiar to what happened to this board

But Look at RangerCrew and Rangerboard now. They still manage to buzz with activity. If it was a problem with PR itself, you'd think that they would be literally dead as well..... I started visiting RC maybe in November 2011, Was in shock at how much busier it was compared to here. And then I found Rangerboard >.< Oh god.

Red Buster
05-02-2012, 07:41 AM
You know, another probable explanation is because back when this was RangerTalk, it was linked with Ranger Central, which more than likely helped the site gain members.

ForeverBlue
05-02-2012, 08:42 AM
Just thought of something, after Mike sold the board and after Kage had taken over, and after the changes have been made (board name change, rearrange & rename some forums, staff changes, etc), that alot of members didn't like the changes...they would stick around for awhile (for a year or a year and a half perhaps) until they grew bored and leave. It seems that those certain members (who didn't like the changes) liked RangerTalk as it is since it was part of RangerCentral (along with Super Sentai Time Capsule too) and like to keep it that. I don't think it had to do with gaining new members, they just like it that way because its original. There can be people out there that don't like changes.

When it used to be RangerTalk, it had gone through a few board name changes (forums were also changed around and renamed) and alot of people didn't like that because they like to leave the name "RangerTalk" as it is and keep the board that way because its original. We had some former popular members & a couple former staff members (I think 3 or 4) that left because they didn't like changes.

See what I mean? lol

I think that would be the reason why the activity has dropped alot since 2010.

Raging Phoenix
05-02-2012, 07:51 PM
Well, first of all I think the fandom is shrinking. This might be because PR has had some weak years (with rumours of it stopping or changing to a cartoon of sorts after Jungle Fury, IIRC, then it stopping after RPM. Samurai isn't exactly the most awesome of seasons either) or because most of our fans were a fan because they enjoyed MMPR so much back in the day and just have come into a phase in their life where they move on or don't make time for it anymore. That's why I think I've gone. With the fandom shrinking, there's less room for boards, so a few shall die or at least reduce in activity until it picks up again, while the main ones do keep going strong (most members of the smaller ones probably go there, cause it's more active, only added to the effect).

I do also agree that the fact this site is no longer linked to RangerCentral and Super Sentai Time Capsule means there's less new people joining, though I think those sites themselves were being overtaken by wikipedia, for instance, which is updated way more regularly by the fans. In fact, I think, should this still be RangerTalk, it would've been much less active right now.

As for new members not staying. That's always been the case. For every 1 active member, you get at least 10 who only sign up to never return.

Thunderman
05-03-2012, 04:30 AM
I do also agree that the fact this site is no longer linked to RangerCentral and Super Sentai Time Capsule means there's less new people joining, though I think those sites themselves were being overtaken by wikipedia, for instance, which is updated way more regularly by the fans. In fact, I think, should this still be RangerTalk, it would've been much less active right now.

I think that's right. I got to RangerTalk myself after I found RangerCentral. I went to RC quite frequently after I got back into PR during the run of SPD overhere, and finally I did join the board even though it was not my purpose at first to join RangerTalk or any other message board at all.

Wasn't there once an attempt on here to create a wiki? I might be wrong about it, but I think I once saw something like that on this board here.

ForeverBlue
05-03-2012, 05:23 AM
I don't think there was

GokaiGold
05-03-2012, 05:54 AM
but there is already PR Wikis-

The Morphin Grid- http://powerrangers.wikia.com/wiki/The_Morphing_Grid:_A_Power_Rangers_Wiki

New PR Wikia (i'm co-admin there)- http://mmpr.wikia.com/wiki/New_Power_Rangers_Wiki

Thunderman
05-03-2012, 06:31 AM
I don't think there was
Ok, maybe I dreamed it then xD ...no, I'm sure I saw something like this, but maybe it was back before Kage bought the board.

but there is already PR Wikis-

The Morphin Grid- http://powerrangers.wikia.com/wiki/The_Morphing_Grid:_A_Power_Rangers_Wiki

New PR Wikia (i'm co-admin there)- http://mmpr.wikia.com/wiki/New_Power_Rangers_Wiki

I know there are already some. But my point was, that a PR wiki in association with RangerVision could might get some more new members here. And some of them might stay. Of course such a wiki needs to be good to cause enough attention and I know that that will be alot work, since I got a wiki myself (not about PR though).

Question
05-03-2012, 08:21 AM
No, there was an RV wiki.

Pretty sure I spent a lot of time editing other people's pages on it.

Red Buster
05-03-2012, 08:56 AM
Yes, there was an RV wiki. Not sure what happened to it. But I remember Kage showing it to me once.

DinoThunderKira
05-03-2012, 09:01 AM
I think there are several explanations as to why RangerVision is experience some serious inactivity of late. One time the board as we knew it would be thriving with posts, new threads and not to mention tons of new members signing up everyday. What happened there to make such a huge impact? What was the reason for the hype back in the day? If we can solve those questions, then maybe we can try and fix our apparent issues. I happened to stumble onto 'RangerTalk' by pure accident. I remember seeing Dino Thunder for the very first time and my childhood excitement for PR came rushing back, I had to rediscover my younger years and the series' I was unfortunate to miss growing up. That particular board had everything I was looking for, episode discussions, roleplaying games, fan fiction, even random 'Get to know me' threads that seemed to get everyones attention. I should probably mention the most amazing people Ive ever encounted! Everyone was so friendly, polite and enthusiastic, they would talk to you even if they didnt have the time. Where did all that go?

There is a huge problem on this board, we all have trust issues. Remember how 'RangerTalk' would disappear for a few days and then presto! An entirely different forum would appear in its place, we would have to re-register, re-make threads, re-make our entire lives! There was never a warning, we would simply be having a blast, and then suddenly we would be ripping our hair out at Mike for foolish mistakes that drove members to other places. After so many server providers and switchovers, members simply got fed up and stuck up their middle finger this board. Who can blame them?

Has anyone else noticed so many of us have also grown up recently? Ive been a member here for the past six or seven years, ive seen my closest friends come and go like tumble weed blowing in the wind. Alot of us were literally teenagers at that time, I was leaving high school as many juggled with college, work, family lives. Sometimes people just dont have the time they used to have to commit here. I like to check in when I can, I work a whole lot of hours right now to make ends meet, I wish I could be back doing what I personally love, roleplaying again. I dont have the luxury to even think of a decent enough bio anymore, sure if an amazing game popped up that really caught my attention I might take a wack at it :)

My heart desperately hopes somehow we can all pull together and bring this board back to life, we've created some fantastic memories that would be horrible to lose. We owe it to ourselves to at least try and get the word back out, try to throw some inspiration out there, make it colourful again...its not the journey that matters, its the adventure we're going to have along the way. Its not about getting the chance to reinvent ourselves, its about taking the chance.

GoldPhoenixRanger
05-03-2012, 09:50 AM
No, there was an RV wiki.

Pretty sure I spent a lot of time editing other people's pages on it.

Yes, there was an RV wiki. Not sure what happened to it. But I remember Kage showing it to me once.

The RV wiki was deleted back when we deleted anything superfluous in an attempt to fix all those technical issues we were having.

Also, I just want to say how great it is to see all the remaining members coming together to try and save the board. I know together we can get this thing going again! The ideas and suggestions for both why the board has become inactive as well as ways to get it active are both insightful and helpful.

On a related note, follown RV on Twitter @Rangervision!

-GPR

Thunderman
05-03-2012, 11:58 PM
Well said DTK. I think that pretty much nails a lot of the reasons down.

As for the part of members growing up, I think it's true. Back when I joined alot of persons I got to know still went to school and now most of them go to college or have jobs already. That's just natural and of course less time remains to spend time on this board, for posting, participating in RPG's, creating graphics, fan-fiction etc.

Then again, I have the feeling that not as much new members join AND become really active on here which is, I think because the fandom is shrinking in general (like Rage already said before, I think).

ExtremeKabuto
05-04-2012, 01:00 AM
I think because the fandom is shrinking in general

As silly as it is to say this, that makes me kinda sad. It's sad enough when all the buzz about something dies down and there is only a minority left that stick with it. What's even sadder is when that minority starts to dissolve as well and something like this is just forgotten about. I hope it never comes to that.

Hopefully it is as GPR said, that the 20th anniversary might bring an influx of new fans.

Ph03n1xRang3r
05-05-2012, 11:07 AM
I think I have an idea why new members are disappearing. Earlier today, I was posting s:omething and took a long time to get it all down. When I hit the button, it said I was logged out. Thing is, my name was still on the list of current users. Maybe it was something I did and others may have made the same mistake, but maybe they got frustrated with it and didn't bother to figure it out. Just my input and no, Question, you did not scare me away. ;)

Question
05-05-2012, 11:45 AM
The night is young.

Red Buster
05-05-2012, 11:48 AM
I think I have an idea why new members are disappearing. Earlier today, I was posting s:omething and took a long time to get it all down. When I hit the button, it said I was logged out. Thing is, my name was still on the list of current users. Maybe it was something I did and others may have made the same mistake, but maybe they got frustrated with it and didn't bother to figure it out. Just my input and no, Question, you did not scare me away. ;)

The board will log you out after a certain time of inactivity, and that must have been shorter than the time it took you to write the post. To rectify this, next time you log in, check "Keep me logged in", under your password.

Edit: I'm really happy I got to use the word rectify. It's a great word.

Ultimate Mikey
05-05-2012, 02:32 PM
Yeah same thing happened to be, but I forgot to click the 'Remember Me' button and every since that, I've been logged in.

Ph03n1xRang3r
05-06-2012, 11:11 AM
Alright, thanks. I'll have to remember that. I dunno, Nerossi, I was always fond of the word 'catalyst'.
And Question, if you didn't scare me away yesterday, you're not going to.

Question
05-06-2012, 02:29 PM
I also haven't really tried.

Honestly, I'm more mellow than people here tend to realize.

Ph03n1xRang3r
05-06-2012, 03:40 PM
Good to know.

Red Buster
05-06-2012, 04:01 PM
I also haven't really tried.

Honestly, I'm more mellow than people here tend to realize.

I think the way it goes, is if they don't f#@$ with you, you won't f#@$ with them.
At least that's what I've noticed.

Ph03n1xRang3r
05-07-2012, 02:36 AM
Don't start nothin', won't be nothin'? :)

Question
05-07-2012, 02:59 AM
Pretty much.

It also helps if, when I feel like arguing, you just agree with me and move on.

Ph03n1xRang3r
05-08-2012, 04:20 AM
I'll remember that.

Shadow Ranger
05-10-2012, 05:36 PM
Well one reason I can point out right now as to why this board has become stagnant is the fact the Staff, like most of the members, have a life outside this board. In fact, a lot of the Staff are still in school.

Head Admin - College
Tech Admin - College
Global Admin - College
Head Mod - College

So yeah... when the people who run the board are that busy, it doesn't surprise me that the board has become stagnant. But that is, as they say, how life goes. With school drawing to a close, I assure you that the ball that is RangerVision will begin to roll again. We have some things in the works, one of which we just announced. And, as GPR said, with the 20th Anniversary Season of Power Rangers looming, hopefully that will bring back former members and bring an influx of new members. And hopefully that season won't suck.

As a member of RangerVision Staff, I would just like to say thank you to those of you who remain loyal to us and to the fandom. And thank you for showing us that you care about this board. It means a lot to us. Rest assured, The Power is still on!

Izout
05-11-2012, 03:33 AM
I think the lack of activity has less to do with people having lifes outside the board and more to do with Samurai being the worst PR season of all time that's driving people away. Even on Rangerboard and Rangercrew, the Samurai threads there are pretty much dead. Heck, even when a new episode airs and a discussion thread for it is made, which should be THE threads of the boards, you wouldn't even know a new episode aired since people barely comment in those threads. Maybe people will come back for the finale, or maybe people will come back for the anniversary, but right now, Samurai pretty much what keeping people quiet.

ForeverBlue
05-11-2012, 04:58 AM
I'm not in college lol I graduated from college back in 2005 :P What made you think I was? lol

I still come on the board everyday....usually 4 or 5 times in between breaks off the computer :P I only work part time at a grocery store, usually Tuesday and Thursday mornings (sometimes in the evening shift for stocking shelves). Sometimes I might be asked to work on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday morning to early afternoon (sometimes it might be all 3 days in the same week along with Tuesday and Thursday...that happened 3 weeks ago for me. It was a busy week as we had to clean the shelves and stuff up a bit).

Shadow Ranger
05-11-2012, 06:41 AM
I'm not in college lol I graduated from college back in 2005 :P What made you think I was? lol

Never said you were. :p

I think the lack of activity has less to do with people having lifes outside the board and more to do with Samurai being the worst PR season of all time that's driving people away. Even on Rangerboard and Rangercrew, the Samurai threads there are pretty much dead. Heck, even when a new episode airs and a discussion thread for it is made, which should be THE threads of the boards, you wouldn't even know a new episode aired since people barely comment in those threads. Maybe people will come back for the finale, or maybe people will come back for the anniversary, but right now, Samurai pretty much what keeping people quiet.

I don't think Samurai is the worst PR season of all time. I think Mystic Force continues to hold that distinction. I think, perhaps, the fact that Samurai is a Saban-Produced Season has multiplied the degree of suckage because many fans (myself included) had expectations going into the season. Expectations, sadly, that Saban himself placed upon the fandom. The fact that Samurai failed to deliver anywhere near those expectations has left a dry taste in many fans' mouths. Also, I think there three factors that led to Saban screwing this season up. The first, not really his fault, is the fact that he and his company haven't produced anything Power Ranger related since when? Wild Force? That's a long time. The second, again, not really his or his company's fault, is that Toei, when they wrote up their contract with Saban decreed that he would faithfully follow the Shinkenger story. Now I don't know the reasoning behind why Toei insisted on this. My guess is that it was partially out of fear based on what Disney did with their IPs. However, Saban has demonstrated that when not held to an existing storyline, he can successfully adapt any Sentai for an American audience. By holding him to the Shinkenger story, I think, it restricted Saban's and his company's creativity. The thrid reason I see, and this is completely his fault, is the fact that it seemed like, at least early on in the season, that he was trying to distance Samurai as far away from the MMPR-verse as possible while still trying to evoke the feeling of that universe. He failed. Miserably. All he ended up doing was angering the hardcore fans and bastardizing a beloved character in Farkus Bulkmeyer.

Having said that, I don't feel Samurai is the sole factor in why the boards are so quiet. Certainly it is a large factor, but Samurai does not a board make. If those who run the board continue to remain involved and keep the members involved and make it a true community, people will stay, even if the season sucks. And, while, on other boards, Samurai may be the largest factor, on RangerVision, I believe it is the smallest factor. I believe the burden of blame lies with us, the Staff, more than with Saban's screw-ups. You, our members... our community, have shown us time and time again that while it is Power Rangers that drew us together, Power Rangers is not what has kept us together. It 's the community that has kept us together. It is the friendships and heartbeat of this place that has kept us together. When we changed board owners and servers, it was readily apparent that RangerTalk and its community were not ordinary. It was quite apparent, to me, that this community was special. This board was special. I can't speak for the rest of the Staff, but over the couple years, I had forgotten what made RV so special. Why it is this board endures. You, the community, have reminded me. Regardless of the current season, the heart of RV continues to beat, you, the community, have seen to that. It is up to us, the Staff, to ensure that blood continues to flow from the heart to the rest of the entity. And THAT is what we have failed to do. For that, I offer my humblest apologies.

Kamen Rider Genm
05-11-2012, 07:00 AM
Kage & Geeps don't have college, they both have five-days-a-week jobs away from the board. I'm the only one who's doing college, though with how it's been dragging me down and all-bar killing me each week, I might have to throw in the towel on it.

Question
05-11-2012, 07:42 AM
Wait.

People are starting to hate Samurai?

PRAISE JESUS

Shadow Ranger
05-11-2012, 07:46 AM
Kage & Geeps don't have college, they both have five-days-a-week jobs away from the board. I'm the only one who's doing college, though with how it's been dragging me down and all-bar killing me each week, I might have to throw in the towel on it.

Geeps is, in fact, in college. As a truly matter of fact, he's been heavy into his final project for the past month. He's just finishing it up now. And yeah Geeps has a job too.

Also, you're not the only one in college. As I stated previously, our Globlal Mod has college and, like Geeps, she's nearing the end of the semester so she'll be back soon. And I believe, but I could be wrong, that our Head Mod is also in college.

Izout
05-11-2012, 10:15 AM
I don't think Samurai is the worst PR season of all time. I think Mystic Force continues to hold that distinction.
To a large chunk of the fandom, yes it is. If you go to any PR board and read any of the Samurai threads, you'll see people either hate Samurai or don't care about it. In fact, I think it's safe to say Samurai is more hated than Mystic Force ever was.

The second, again, not really his or his company's fault, is that Toei, when they wrote up their contract with Saban decreed that he would faithfully follow the Shinkenger story. Now I don't know the reasoning behind why Toei insisted on this. My guess is that it was partially out of fear based on what Disney did with their IPs.
The reason is that Saban Brand think it's creaper to hire a team of translators to write for this show, than to hire an actual writing staff to avoid paying the WGA. Yes, this show is now considered to be legally a translation.

Having said that, I don't feel Samurai is the sole factor in why the boards are so quiet. Certainly it is a large factor, but Samurai does not a board make. If those who run the board continue to remain involved and keep the members involved and make it a true community, people will stay, even if the season sucks. And, while, on other boards, Samurai may be the largest factor, on RangerVision, I believe it is the smallest factor. I believe the burden of blame lies with us, the Staff, more than with Saban's screw-ups. You, our members... our community, have shown us time and time again that while it is Power Rangers that drew us together, Power Rangers is not what has kept us together. It 's the community that has kept us together. It is the friendships and heartbeat of this place that has kept us together. When we changed board owners and servers, it was readily apparent that RangerTalk and its community were not ordinary. It was quite apparent, to me, that this community was special. This board was special. I can't speak for the rest of the Staff, but over the couple years, I had forgotten what made RV so special. Why it is this board endures. You, the community, have reminded me. Regardless of the current season, the heart of RV continues to beat, you, the community, have seen to that. It is up to us, the Staff, to ensure that blood continues to flow from the heart to the rest of the entity. And THAT is what we have failed to do. For that, I offer my humblest apologies.

Don't beat yourselves up guys. You don a good job, but I still say it's Samurai that's been keeping people away. This is a PR board, when PR is good, people stick around. When PR bad, people start to leave. Same thing happen during the end of the Kalish seasons. Like I said, maybe people will come back for the finale or the 20th anniversary, but right now, it's Samurai that driving a lot of people away from PR.

Wait.

People are starting to hate Samurai?

PRAISE JESUS

"starting"? Back when Jayden's Challenge aired last year, both Rangerboard and Rangercrew did a poll comparing Samurai to Wild Force and Operation Overdrive respectively to see which season was better at the 10 episode mark point, and Wild Force and Overdrive won. Speaks volume doesn't it? Only 10 episodes, and Samurai was losing to seasons like WF and OO, two seasons that a lot of the fandom hated, which says a lot about how hated Samurai is.

GoldPhoenixRanger
05-11-2012, 11:27 AM

I still come on the board everyday....usually 4 or 5 times in between breaks off the computer :P I only work part time at a grocery store, usually Tuesday and Thursday mornings (sometimes in the evening shift for stocking shelves). Sometimes I might be asked to work on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday morning to early afternoon (sometimes it might be all 3 days in the same week along with Tuesday and Thursday...that happened 3 weeks ago for me. It was a busy week as we had to clean the shelves and stuff up a bit).

I believe when KRD said "Global Admin" he meant "Global Moderator", meaning Lieutenant X.

This is why you should talk to us more, then you might actually know what we're up to :P. See Below.

Geeps is, in fact, in college. As a truly matter of fact, he's been heavy into his final project for the past month. He's just finishing it up now. And yeah Geeps has a job too.

Also, you're not the only one in college. As I stated previously, our Globlal Mod has college and, like Geeps, she's nearing the end of the semester so she'll be back soon. And I believe, but I could be wrong, that our Head Mod is also in college.

Ok, you're all confusing people, stop it :P

Kage works a full time job
I work two part time jobs and, as KRD stated, am finishing graduate school.
Mr. Blue works part time at a grocery store
Lieutenant X is in college and lives on campus, as well as works a seasonal job during the summer.
Agent Zero recently graduated if I'm not mistaken, but is now focused on her job search.

So yeah, the staff are busy. However, as KRD said, we're steadily coming back, and hopefully with the onset of the 20th Anniversary and our new activities, the members will return too.

-GPR

Kamen Rider Genm
05-11-2012, 11:43 AM
Yeah, well, that's what happens when I'm basically dead to the world when I'm not at TAFE - I don't keep up with stuff such as this.

Red Buster
05-11-2012, 02:30 PM
For the record, Anahi and myself are also in college. She also works a part time job I believe.

GoldPhoenixRanger
05-11-2012, 03:00 PM
For the record, Anahi and myself are also in college. She also works a part time job I believe.

And if I'm not mistaken, isn't there a new little peanut taking up your time by now? :P

-GPR

Question
05-11-2012, 03:08 PM
"starting"? Back when Jayden's Challenge aired last year, both Rangerboard and Rangercrew did a poll comparing Samurai to Wild Force and Operation Overdrive respectively to see which season was better at the 10 episode mark point, and Wild Force and Overdrive won. Speaks volume doesn't it? Only 10 episodes, and Samurai was losing to seasons like WF and OO, two seasons that a lot of the fandom hated, which says a lot about how hated Samurai is.

I don't really pay attention to polls. Last I checked, everyone fellated Samurai.

And I can't check anything on Rangercrew because my IP is banned there for some reason.

Red Buster
05-11-2012, 03:10 PM
And if I'm not mistaken, isn't there a new little peanut taking up your time by now? :P

-GPR

Unfortunately no, my girlfriend suffered a miscarriage in February.

Shadow Ranger
05-11-2012, 03:59 PM

Ouch... sorry to hear that Matt. Our thoughts are with you and your girlfriend.

GoldPhoenixRanger
05-11-2012, 04:08 PM

OMG I'm so sorry.....I never would have mentioned it if I had known.

My sincerest apologies to you my friend.

-GPR

Red Buster
05-11-2012, 04:15 PM
Thanks guys, and no worries, I didn't really keep people in the loop about it.

ForeverBlue
05-11-2012, 11:58 PM
Sorry to hear that Matt

GokaiGold
05-12-2012, 01:06 AM
that sucks, Matt!

Green_Ranger
05-22-2012, 05:01 AM
Nero, sorry to hear it man, my wife and I experienced this situation three times. One before our first son, then two times after our second. We're waiting to see if we'll get pregnant again. All the best man.