PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion Thread

Red Buster
05-25-2012, 09:53 AM
Figured we should have one of these.

Have a suggestion for the site? Post it here!

Question
05-25-2012, 09:57 AM
Unban Gerbil.

AnahÝ
05-25-2012, 10:16 AM
Hm...we should have member of the month..although I would win every month hehe..nah but really..we could do something like that

Question
05-25-2012, 10:23 AM
I'd obviously never win, so I volunteer to judge.

Tiger Lily
05-25-2012, 10:29 AM
Unban Gerbil.

I didn't think you would actually say it. But when you said it, my face lit up.

Ultimate Mikey
06-20-2012, 03:03 PM
Hm...we should have member of the month

I like Anahi's idea.

Question
06-20-2012, 03:40 PM
Unban Gerbil.

Tiger Lily
06-21-2012, 04:44 AM
I liked Questiion's idea.

Red Buster
06-21-2012, 05:01 AM
Sorry, I don't see that happening in the near future.

Question
06-21-2012, 06:48 AM
NEVER FORGET

Tiger Lily
06-23-2012, 03:12 AM
Sorry, I don't see that happening in the near future.

It's cool. I didn't think it would happen anyways.

Ms. Katie Wallace "Chosen One"
10-08-2012, 12:14 PM
I think there should be RPG Class on here that the beginner RPG creator can take on here.

Chriz aka The Mole
10-09-2012, 01:45 AM
I think there should be RPG Class on here that the beginner RPG creator can take on here.

I agree or maybe just number rpgs based on experience needed to join. say 1 to 5. e.g (Rated R) The Brand New Rainbow Rangers and Allies Team = 1 so welcomes newbies, The Rynasaunts: An RPG of Crosstime Traffic - A GPR/Onlyne Production 5 = Best for top people.

Kamen Rider Genm
10-09-2012, 06:28 AM
Yeah... We tried RPG classes on here back when it was still RT... Not well recieved (and almost killed the RPG section from memory). -.-

Kamen Rider Build
10-09-2012, 06:35 AM
Yeah... We tried RPG classes on here back when it was still RT... Not well recieved (and almost killed the RPG section from memory). -.-

I was a MAJOR part in killing the classes, because Mike was an ass about it. But an RPG Ratings System would be cool, you know what would help? A group of dedicated RP'ers who would rate it as such.

Question
05-07-2013, 12:05 AM
So, is unbanning Gerbil still on the table?

Mackenzie Minza
08-01-2013, 05:26 PM
Why don't you invite the Power Rangers cast members to RV like SPRC? That will be better enough if you admins and mods try to do it soon, please.

Blue Buster
08-02-2013, 02:15 AM
I was a MAJOR part in killing the classes, because Mike was an ass about it. But an RPG Ratings System would be cool, you know what would help? A group of dedicated RP'ers who would rate it as such.

Dibs on being the "Simon Cowell" type of judge for that.

Raging Phoenix
08-02-2013, 04:16 AM
Why don't you invite the Power Rangers cast members to RV like SPRC? That will be better enough if you admins and mods try to do it soon, please.

Sure, if you could please give us their contact information. I'm sure they'd like to take their time and talk to us all here.

Question
08-02-2013, 11:42 AM
Dibs on being the "Simon Cowell" type of judge for that.

>2013
>RPGs
>Asshole judge
>Not me

Blue Buster
08-03-2013, 01:56 AM
Fine, Fine, i'll be Randy but that's profiling :D

Mackenzie Minza
08-03-2013, 03:59 PM
Sure, if you could please give us their contact information. I'm sure they'd like to take their time and talk to us all here.

This isn't a joke, sir. This is a SUGGESTION THREAD and it gives the chance for every members to make suggestions for more innovative ideas that could or may make RV more good. You mods and admins have the responsibility to reply those suggestions but not to humiliate or joke. These are not commendations but their words that show how much they love RV and Power rangers. If you could not do what they say, just make a polite reply.(I'm sure that yours isn't a polite one. It seems you are ridiculing me)

Answer: I am so sorry,Rage. I don't have their contact information. I will sure share them with you If I get them in future. If you want, please contact Fury Diamond from SPRC.

Question
08-03-2013, 04:01 PM
I laughed so hard.

Raging Phoenix
08-03-2013, 05:37 PM
This isn't a joke, sir. This is a SUGGESTION THREAD and it gives the chance for every members to make suggestions for more innovative ideas that could or may make RV more good. You mods and admins have the responsibility to reply those suggestions but not to humiliate or joke. These are not commendations but their words that show how much they love RV and Power rangers. If you could not do what they say, just make a polite reply.(I'm sure that yours isn't a polite one. It seems you are ridiculing me)

Answer: I am so sorry,Rage. I don't have their contact information. I will sure share them with you If I get them in future. If you want, please contact Fury Diamond from SPRC.

The reason I reacted that way, is because you almost demanded that we do this, since you said it should be done quickly, and you assume this is an easy thing to do. By asking you for contact information, I tried to make you think and realize this request isn't something that's available to most people. I myself don't own the contact information to any person from the show, nor have I ever talked to them in any way. I believe this goes for most staff. Fury Diamond is unlikely to give up his advantage by telling us who to speak to, and I'm sure he's tried everyone he knows. They are either on his site, or are not interested. On top of that it will be very hard to convince any member of the show to go to our site, since if they're interested in talking to the fandom on a board, they'll do that on a board that already has a few of their colleagues. RangerVision is trying to have their own special thing that makes it stand out from the other boards, and having cast members on is not on that list and we do currently not actively pursue it. Instead we decided to focus on the various internet shows made about Power Rangers and Super Sentai and try having them interact, or at least release their shows on our board, so that we become a hub for that. We ofcourse appreciate suggestions, but a suggestion is always just a suggestion, and not something we have to do, since not all are realistic or take us in another direction than the one we're trying to follow.

Blue Buster
08-04-2013, 03:00 AM
And could you also get the people from V.R Troopers and Masked Rider? I DEMA...er suggest it!

Question
08-04-2013, 03:12 AM
Also Josh "Asshole McGee" Baldwin from Beetleborgs?

Mackenzie Minza
08-04-2013, 05:57 PM
The reason I reacted that way, is because you almost demanded that we do this, since you said it should be done quickly, and you assume this is an easy thing to do. By asking you for contact information, I tried to make you think and realize this request isn't something that's available to most people. I myself don't own the contact information to any person from the show, nor have I ever talked to them in any way. I believe this goes for most staff. Fury Diamond is unlikely to give up his advantage by telling us who to speak to, and I'm sure he's tried everyone he knows. They are either on his site, or are not interested. On top of that it will be very hard to convince any member of the show to go to our site, since if they're interested in talking to the fandom on a board, they'll do that on a board that already has a few of their colleagues. RangerVision is trying to have their own special thing that makes it stand out from the other boards, and having cast members on is not on that list and we do currently not actively pursue it. Instead we decided to focus on the various internet shows made about Power Rangers and Super Sentai and try having them interact, or at least release their shows on our board, so that we become a hub for that. We ofcourse appreciate suggestions, but a suggestion is always just a suggestion, and not something we have to do, since not all are realistic or take us in another direction than the one we're trying to follow.

Yes, thanks for your reply. I think the feelings and expressions what we really have at the time could not be always written or typed in words. Although I have only requested you, I apologize for if I seemed to be demanding or ordering you guys in my suggestion. It was me requesting mods and admins only to do the thing that I've said soon as possible.But, I think you have mistaken me. Anyways, it does no matter. I could understand your words and I just thought that everyone would like the casts of the show becoming members of RV and, yea..exactly they do so.

I accept that Ranger Vision is trying to have it's own special thing that makes it stand out from the other boards. If you all think my request does not have much importance like others', I do not care about that because, not everyone's suggestions are accepted unless they fit to the potentials of mods and admins. They are the same like hypothesis whether they could be wrong or right, they should be realistic and something must be easy to be done.

Alright, many more wishes for your innovations in RV to show it as unique. We all will go for it.

Alba
08-13-2013, 06:28 AM
Figured we should have one of these.

Have a suggestion for the site? Post it here!

Oh I have one.

The creative forums are a bloody maze - go into one form for posting art and fanfics, but then you have to click on a sub-form for what you want to do. That's not exactly the norm from what I've gathered, but okay. Continuing into the fanfic forum, you need to post one thread for your story and then enter another sub-forum just to open a thread for people to discuss your fanfic?

Wha?

What's wrong with just allowing people to discuss fanfics in the actual fanfic's thread?

This site's way of having it is just confusing.

I suggest getting rid of that sub-forum in the fanfic section altogether. In fact, I would suggest cutting the number of sub-forums down and combining some of the main forums. See this:

Combine The Morphin Grid and Nekomaru. Both forums appear pretty much dead apart from a few threads here and there, and as they are on a similar wavelength, combining them would make sense.

Abolish the Introductions sub-forum and start an introductions thread in the Off-topic forum.

Combine the podcast forums. Perhaps introduce a thread suffix such as "RV Prod" and "Morphin Legacy"

Combine Database Ranger's review forum with the main PR one. Perhaps introduce new thread suffix if necessary.Otherwise, a singular thread in the main forum would likely suffice.

Fanfiction gets it's own main forum. Abolish art forum and put artwork in off-topic.

Abolish interview forum and put interviews in off-topic

Contests forum becomes sub-forum in off-topic.

Something alone these lines would help streamline the board, which in my opinion, has far too many forums, many of which don't seem to attract much attention.

GoldPhoenixRanger
08-13-2013, 01:26 PM
Oh I have one.

The creative forums are a bloody maze - go into one form for posting art and fanfics, but then you have to click on a sub-form for what you want to do. That's not exactly the norm from what I've gathered, but okay. Continuing into the fanfic forum, you need to post one thread for your story and then enter another sub-forum just to open a thread for people to discuss your fanfic?

Wha?

What's wrong with just allowing people to discuss fanfics in the actual fanfic's thread?

This site's way of having it is just confusing.

I suggest getting rid of that sub-forum in the fanfic section altogether.

You actually have a point here. I will bring this up with the Alpha Council and get their opinions on this matter, and we will discuss it further.

In fact, I would suggest cutting the number of sub-forums down and combining some of the main forums. See this:

Combine The Morphin Grid and Nekomaru. Both forums appear pretty much dead apart from a few threads here and there, and as they are on a similar wavelength, combining them would make sense.

Abolish the Introductions sub-forum and start an introductions thread in the Off-topic forum.

Combine the podcast forums. Perhaps introduce a thread suffix such as "RV Prod" and "Morphin Legacy"

Combine Database Ranger's review forum with the main PR one. Perhaps introduce new thread suffix if necessary.Otherwise, a singular thread in the main forum would likely suffice.

The forums are separate because they are on different topics and help members differentiate what they are discussing. As for the podcast forums, Each Media Master were explicitly given their own subforums per contracts with RV in exchange for advertisement of RV on their respective sites and podcasts/videos. It gives them a sense of self identity and allows them to have a place they can use for forum space as they see fit.

Fanfiction gets it's own main forum. Abolish art forum and put artwork in off-topic.

Abolish interview forum and put interviews in off-topic

Contests forum becomes sub-forum in off-topic.

Something alone these lines would help streamline the board, which in my opinion, has far too many forums, many of which don't seem to attract much attention.

Again, each of these forums has a purpose in existing as it's own forum. Having many different things in the off topic forum causes it to become a mess and difficult to navigate, hence why having these separate forums make things neater and more orderly.

We do appreciate your concerns though and thank you for your feedback.

-GPR

Sabbatical
11-19-2013, 11:52 PM
May I suggest updating the VIP packages more often? After a while, it starts to seem like the only reason someone should pay so much money is to speed up the time they can change their username. And 15 bucks just to do so doesn't seem like a fair deal to me. I personally purchased the red deal thinking I'd receive a t-shirt, but never got it... maybe I put in the wrong address or something, but either way never got it.

While we're on the topic of t-shirts and merchandise, why not implement a Shop? Zazzle allows you to have your own online store and design your t-shirts for free. Sure they take out a nice fee, but in the end you make money and others get to help support the board they like. At the very least, someone could be walking around their town with a RV t-shirt on and someone else happens to see it. In other words, advertisement beyond the internet... which is always a good thing. And setting up with Zazzle also means the person buying the merchandise doesn't need a separate PayPal. I mean, they can get one of course, but overall not necessary.

Just a few thoughts that went into my head.

Red Buster
11-20-2013, 01:23 AM
^ We actually have something like this in the works.

Kamen Rider Genm
11-20-2013, 04:23 AM
The problem is we need Red Buster's sig, and currently most of us have the inverse of it. Damn thee Summer! :P

GoldPhoenixRanger
11-20-2013, 06:30 AM
This was actually discussed at the Staff Meeting, again the audio log of which will be posted once I have time to make some minor edits to remove the Problem Members section and such.

We are currently pricing options for t-shirts and merchandise but unfortunately this requires paying them for the service, and normally they require a certain number of shirts to be ordered at a time. Zazzle may be different, and we'll look into it when we have a chance. We're also considering more customized shirts for VIP's like yourself, as well as other options to make the perks a little better.

-GPR

blueprodigy
11-20-2013, 07:37 AM
While on the subject of VIP, is it possible to not require a PayPal account to get one? Because I tried to get one earlier in the year, but I cannot get a PayPal because someone else created one on my email and neither they nor PayPal will take it down.

Surely there are other ways of processing the payment.

Red Buster
11-20-2013, 07:49 AM
^ Contact Kurama, I'm sure he'll work something out with you.

Sabbatical
11-20-2013, 08:25 AM
This was actually discussed at the Staff Meeting, again the audio log of which will be posted once I have time to make some minor edits to remove the Problem Members section and such.

We are currently pricing options for t-shirts and merchandise but unfortunately this requires paying them for the service, and normally they require a certain number of shirts to be ordered at a time. Zazzle may be different, and we'll look into it when we have a chance. We're also considering more customized shirts for VIP's like yourself, as well as other options to make the perks a little better.

-GPR

If you need any help, I can give you some. I've used Zazzle for about 5 years for everything from making just random t-shirts to using them to sell my wrestling merchandise some time ago.

--

Also, it was mentioned in the Hiring thread that you were looking for more contests. Maybe allowing members to host their own contests with their own prizes could help. Unless that's already a thing, in which case I'll probably be using it soon.

Question
11-20-2013, 10:48 AM
I assume the Problem Members section is entirely about me; what other assholes post? You have my permission to post it in full.

Kamen Rider Genm
11-20-2013, 01:16 PM
I think this was a shocker - it WASN'T all about you mate! :P Still, it's something that only the Staff should know about at this point in time.

GoldPhoenixRanger
11-20-2013, 01:52 PM
If you need any help, I can give you some. I've used Zazzle for about 5 years for everything from making just random t-shirts to using them to sell my wrestling merchandise some time ago.

That would actually be very helpful. If you get a chance, please PM Kurama about it as (due to money being involved) he is in charge of merchandising directly.

Also, it was mentioned in the Hiring thread that you were looking for more contests. Maybe allowing members to host their own contests with their own prizes could help. Unless that's already a thing, in which case I'll probably be using it soon.

Hmmm...that's an interesting idea. I'll discuss it with Red Buster and get back to you.

As for the staff meeting, the Problem Members section was actually very small as, shock of shocks, eveyone (even Question) has been pretty good lately. There's just a couple of minor off topic tangents that I need to remove before I post the log. This will likely happen Thursday evening, as I'm going to be busy tomorrow, so look for it then.

Thanks for the great suggestions and feedback everyone, this is EXACTLY what we need to help make this community better!

-GPR

Question
04-06-2014, 03:24 AM
Unban Gerbil.

So, is unbanning Gerbil still on the table?

One day people are going to realize that I am always right and amazing and sexy and perfect and maybe then I won't get tempbanned for stupid reasons right before still helping the board with a "holiday celebration" because I actually do give a shit. But probably not since the people in charge of deciding whether or not I'm randomly banned are humorless trolls with delusions of grandeur.