PDA

View Full Version : [Poll] URT - Top 32 Challenge: Cam vs Wes

Red Buster
08-25-2012, 03:54 PM
This week puts Ninja Storm tech adviser turned Green Ranger Cam Watanabe up against Time Force's Wes, who took over the Red Ranger powers from Alex in the year 2001.

Vote now and discuss!

Ultimate Mikey
08-25-2012, 05:17 PM
Yeah! I chose the majority of the vote...lol. No, but seriously, I chose Wes because he took charge of being the leader of the Power Rangers and was real cool. Cam seemed only like the tech guy and was like "in the backseat" most of the time.

AnahÝ
08-25-2012, 11:44 PM
I picked Wes as well, probably because I just re-watched TF and it's still fresh in my mind >.> Cam was cool too though.

Thunderman
08-26-2012, 02:55 AM
Wes definately. The main reason is that his character developed the most, from a spoiled son of a wealthy entrepreneur to a courageous leader willing to sacrifice himself.

Ultimate Mikey
08-26-2012, 04:23 AM
Wes definately. The main reason is that his character developed the most, from a spoiled son of a wealthy entrepreneur to a courageous leader willing to sacrifice himself.

I couldn't agree more with you. You hit the nail on the coffin with this.

Red Buster
08-26-2012, 06:26 AM
While I like both Rangers, Wes was far more badass than Cam, so Wes got my vote.

Raging Phoenix
08-26-2012, 07:38 AM
Both were rather average for me. Not special but not bad at all. I give a slight edge to Cam because he had the more awesome Ranger form.

dragon flame
08-26-2012, 07:20 PM
I like both of them, because I like most of Power Rangers, but Wes won.

GokaiEmerald
08-29-2012, 01:39 PM
Wes was an a amazing character - Hell, he was destined by blood to be a Power Ranger for God's sake! He was an epic leader-like character (Jen technically being the commanding officer), and he was willing to sacrifice everything to fight to the bloody end on his own after Eric went down.

Shadow Ranger
08-29-2012, 09:15 PM
How dare you not vote for Cam, Em! Turn in your "Green" card this instant! :p

But no, I voted for Cam. Both characters were great and very well written. While Jason Faunt was the better actor and, probably, had a better script, Cam just had too much going for him in the character department. For starters he's Green and, well, I'm partial to green. Secondly, he's a Samurai. Ok technically the original character was a Baseball Loving Ninja that spoke Broken English (don't ask), but given the character's sword style, he works as a Samurai and I have to give Disney credit for doing that with the character. To be honest, I like Cam far more than the Japanese Original, However, the one thing that really stood out to me about Cam was the fact that he had a, pretty much, complete character evolution. He went from generic tech Asian to badass Ranger and, unlike most of the other Rangers, had to deal with the demands and stress of being a Ranger and of "real life" (granted "real life" to Cam was Ranger Tech Support). Essentially, he was Billy if Billy had been written properly and if Billy had been Asian. Cam also realistically shows what would happen if someone were to work with and for the Power Rangers, but isn't a Ranger. Realistically, you would get depressed and yearn to be a Ranger. Fortunetaly for Cam, his wish came true. This aspect of Cam is basically the concept of Justin from Turbo, but developed properly and without the annoyance factor. Now that I think about it, Disney took two of Saban's Character Concepts, put them into one character, and did them right. Because of all this, Cam gets my vote.

Red Buster
09-02-2012, 01:53 AM
Wes trumps Cam 9-6!