PDA

View Full Version : Power Rangers: The Rise - Potential Prologue

Shadow Ranger
10-15-2012, 07:23 PM
Power Rangers: The Rise

Prologue

NARRATOR

Bright lights. Tall skyscrapers. Advanced technology. Clean streets. Almost total eradication of illness and disease. The abolition of crime. Sounds like a perfect world, doesn’t it? In most cases you would be right. But this world is a far cry from the world I was brought into. And some, like myself, would question whether or not the price was worth it.

[SFX: Slow Footsteps]

As I walk through the city of Rising Falls, a city I once comfortably called home, I can feel the charge in the air. The people of the city are buzzing. Many with excitement and glee, others with sadness and despair. Over the past several days, The Government has moved many military units into the city and many of their best agents have snuck in, unnoticed by all except those who can pick them out… those who know… like me.

[SFX: End Footsteps]
[SFX: Crowd Murmuring, then dying down]

CAIN

Citizens of Rising Falls! Thank you for such a warm reception. And thank you for coming to your Town Center on such short notice. The Government apologizes that it had to commandeer your Town Center, but rest assured, it was necessary.

NARRATOR

Necessary, my ass. The only reason you’re here, you pompous prick, is because some heavier resistance was reported in Rising Falls and you want to quell it before it gets worse! Ahem. Sorry about that. I get worked up quite easily these days. That over-blown windbag up there is Cain Marsters, the current President of Earth and Leader of The Government. Once upon a time, he was one of my closest friends. But that was before… everything changed.

[SFX: Feet shuffling as if the ankles have been bound]

CAIN

We have been tracking this man for quite some time now. His trail led us here… to Rising Falls. Now some of you may be wondering why we have his face covered. The answer is simple. Because I intend to use him to set an example to any allies he may have left. Today, in front of you, the people of Rising Falls and in front of the people of the world that are watching now over the Net… a clear message will be sent!

[SFX: Cloth whipping as if a hood had been pulled off]

NARRATOR

An audible gasp can be heard from the crowd when Cain pulls the hood off the man. The man, showing visible signs of harsh imprisonment, also shows signs of being in remarkable shape. For a man his age. He is in his mid sixties, short graying hair, grey soul patch, and tattoos up and down his bare, somewhat muscular arms. He wears glasses, his face a mask of indifference as he holds himself with an air of confidence. I know this man.

CAIN

I give you all Doctor Thomas Oliver! He was the leader of the terrorists known as The Power Rangers!

NARRATOR

The Power Rangers. Once a force for good, now branded as terrorists and traitors by President Cain and The Government. After taking full control of the world’s media, it was only logical that many of the world’s people would follow suit. Some still ask and wonder if the Power Rangers will ever return. Most don’t care and are glad they’re all but gone. In fact, they mostly wonder when The Government will eradicate them completely. They are The Government’s mindless sheep, brainwashed and manipulated by The Government’s so-called media. Those that pine for an age gone by… those that pray for the return of The Power Rangers… they know what true evil lurks behind The Government.

[SFX: Sound of a hammer on a pistol locking into place]

CAIN

So… I have you at last. No more running. No more hiding. No more lies and deceit. Now… the people of Earth will. Have. Justice! Justice… for The Great Massacre!

[SFX: Sound of a single gunshot and a body hitting the floor]

NARRATOR

The Great Massacre. Known to some as The Great War of 2013. And known to others as The Legendary Ranger War. Not many people know what really happened. The Government rose from the ashes of that war and they, as they have done since, manipulated what the world saw to further their own agenda. The Rangers and their allies, those that know the truth, faded into obscurity and the shadows. They became the objects of myths, legends, manhunts, and assassinations. As the years went by, the body count of Rangers and their allies piled up. The true massacre happened in the years following the war. The Ranger killings should have ended with the public execution of Adam Park, five years ago. But now with the death of Tommy Oliver, it seems the worst is yet to come.

[SFX: Crowd Cheering]

RANDOM YOUNG MALE

Justice? You call that justice?! That’s nothing more than an execution! An execution of an innocent man--!

[SFX: Gunshot and body hitting the floor]

CAIN

Innocent? I think not. He was no more innocent then you were. Now… does anyone else have something to say?

NARRATOR

I fight the urge to run to the youth’s side. I know he’s dead before he even hits the ground. I resist the knee-jerk reaction to yell obscenities at Cain. I know that all that will buy me is a bullet to the head. Several members of the crowd were spurned to movement at the crack of the shot. They swarm the body of the fallen youth, some looking back at Cain with disgust and anger. They are of The Resistance. Cain may suspect, but does not know. With the killing of Tommy, Cain has become bold. This is not good.

CAIN

I thought not. There was one other announcement I wished to make today. And that is that soon… very soon… the other half of those responsible for The Great Massacre will be made to pay. Soon… our honored, innocent dead will have true justice! How is this possible, you ask? We have been reverse engineering technology created and used by The Power Rangers, as you know. Well let’s just say we’ve made breakthroughs in our research. We stand poised to use the Power Rangers’ technology to wage war on a much larger scale. For too long we were trapped by our lack of technology! For too long we had to stand by and watch as The Power Rangers defended us! But now… now that our defenders have turned against us… now that we are privy to their technology… we can step out of the shadows and bring the fight to those who would seek to invade our planet! Now we can show the universe that humanity is not to be trifled with! And along the way, we can seek out these Power Rangers wherever they may exist and rid the universe of their terrorism! Heaven help anyone who stands in our way.

[SFX: Exuberant crowd cheers and footsteps]

NARRATOR

I thought my story had ended five years ago. I was wrong. That was but the end of the first chapter of my story. This… is the second. Who am I? My name is Rudy Tanner. I was a Power Ranger.