PDA

View Full Version : [Poll] UMZT - Top 32 Challenge: Lightspeed Megazord vs Mega Dragonzord

Red Buster
02-16-2013, 04:36 PM
This week we find the Lightspeed Megazord, combining the five Rescue Zords
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTR0XgVfWFKwtulJJER0iqDXoQPokouX xhcfzEOa2owAMwGzL7S

versus the Mega Dragonzord, a combination of the Dino Megazord and the Dragonzord.
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQvVMDYofAs8ZBAD_Cd_llD0rsR_lRSn JTiQdB7jNTbPvAhZpEm

Remember, vote for the Megazord you think could defeat the other, not necessarily your favorite, and don't forget to discuss below!

Ultimate Mikey
02-16-2013, 05:36 PM
I chose the Mega Dragonzord because a huge energy ball can totally destroy the Lightspeed Megazord.

ExtremeKabuto
02-16-2013, 07:28 PM
Hmm... I might go with the Lightspeed Megazord. Sure... A Massive Energy Ball would most certainly destroy it, but it would have to be weakened first in order to get a precise hit... And If I have Ladder Arms on my Megazord, I'm going to damn well use them to attack from a distance.

Thunderman
02-16-2013, 07:56 PM
The Mega Dragonzord has a quite powerful ranged attack with that energy ball, but it couldn't do much more. The Lightspeed Megazord's Sword is also a quite powerful. In addition it got lasers and ladder arms to attack from a distance. The Mega Dragonzord probably wouldn't get a true aim to fire, while being attacked with lasers and ladder arms, before the Lightspeed Megazord would be close enough to use his sword.

Shadow Ranger
02-17-2013, 03:42 AM
Maddragon and Thunderman, you're forgetting one thing about the Mega Dragonzord. Nobody said it had to STAY in MegaZord formation for the entire fight. ;) If they split into the Dino MegaZord and Dragonzord, the Lightspeed Megazord is toast. You've got ladder arms? We've got missile fingers. We win. Dragonzord and Dino Megazord pummels the Lightspeed Megazord into submission using a combination of ranged and melee attacks, reforms into the Mega Dragonzord, giant energy ball, fight over.

And that's the problem with these super combinations where a Megazord combines with a sixth or extra ranger's zord. The sixth or extra zord is equivalent to a megazord alone. Because of that it's like fighting two megazords at once. So putting a Super Combination up against a standard Megazord is kinda one-sided in favor of the Super Combination. There are, of course, exceptions to that. For instance: Mystic Force Titan Megazord vs Mega Dragonzord. That would be a pretty even fight, but I think the Titan Megazord would win because they have the versatility and maneuverability that Mega Dragonzord doesn't as the Titan Megazord can shift into Dragon Mode where the Mystic Phoenix rides atop the rest of the titans who have merged into a giant dragon.

Question
02-17-2013, 03:56 AM
Lightspeed Megazord. It's god tier.

Maddragon and Thunderman, you're forgetting one thing about the Mega Dragonzord. Nobody said it had to STAY in MegaZord formation for the entire fight.

...uh, seeing as how the poll is for the two Megazords fighting one another, if the Megadragonzord splits apart, it obviously loses, whether or not its components would win themselves.

Red Buster
02-17-2013, 04:27 AM
For the purpose of this tournament, the Megazords CANNOT split apart into seperate Zords. They must remain in their fighting form at all time, so other formations like the Mystic Dragon are not counted as Megazords.

Shadow Ranger
02-17-2013, 04:49 AM
Fair enough. After some quick research, I believe Mega Dragonzord would still win. Sure it's not very mobile, however it's also the second strongest Megzord combination of the season (Ultrazord being the strongest). Mega Dragonzord would probably shrug off the ladder arms and still shoot the Lightspeed Megazord in the face. Also, the ball o' doom isn't it's only attack. Mega Dragonzord can shoot beams from the cannons that charge, form, and shoot the ball and from the chest plate of the Dino Megazord.

Thunderman
02-17-2013, 06:10 AM
You've got ladder arms? We've got missile fingers.

A moment from the Dragonzord's first appearance comes into my mind... the Dragonzord shoots its missiles at the Rangers, who are on top of a skyscraper. The explosions only looked slightly stronger than those of China Crackers...

...uh, seeing as how the poll is for the two Megazords fighting one another, if the Megadragonzord splits apart, it obviously loses, whether or not its components would win themselves.

True, if the Mega Dragonzord would need to split up to win, it would mean that the Mega Dragonzord combination is not able to win the fight.

Red Buster
02-17-2013, 08:47 AM
Someone break this tie!

Raging Phoenix
02-17-2013, 08:49 AM
http://img.bhs4.com/58/d/58d12a9e344b6e2b7e3c5a7b4b8c1008bac13fd0_large.jpg

Chriz aka The Mole
02-17-2013, 12:11 PM
I voted Mega Dragonzord. I think that would win in a fight.

Red Buster
02-17-2013, 04:22 PM
I went with the Lightspeed Megazord. Come on, the thing has a flaming sword attack!

Catsonfire456
02-19-2013, 12:53 AM
I would say Mega Dragonzord just because of the energy beams it can shoot. I would like to see the Lightspeed Megazord chop through that.

ZeoPsycho
02-20-2013, 02:26 PM
No contest.

Red Buster
02-23-2013, 03:04 PM
Mega Dragonzord defeats Lightspeed Megazord!