PDA

View Full Version : [Official] RangerVision's The Power Is Yours! Contest : Season 2 - Scoring Thread

GoldPhoenixRanger
04-14-2013, 02:19 PM
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a117/wicked_ass_juggalo/tpiy_zpsf1fb3293.png

SCORING FORMAT

This is the official scoring thread for TPIY: Season 2! Each judge will score each "Episode" out of a total score of five, with the option to go to one decimal place (i.e 3.5 / 5). The Final Scores for each "Episode" will be an average of the five judges scores, rounded to one decimal place.

CONTEST SCORES

Each "Episode" will have it's own post in this thread containing the scores and comments from each judge on each episode. This first post will contain links below to these posts, for easy reference.

Episode 1 - http://www.rangervision.com/showthread.php?26176-RangerVision-s-The-Power-Is-Yours!-Contest-Season-2-Scoring-Thread&p=461027#post461027

Episode 2 - http://www.rangervision.com/showthread.php?26176-RangerVision-s-The-Power-Is-Yours!-Contest-Season-2-Scoring-Thread&p=461291#post461291

Episode 3 - http://www.rangervision.com/showthread.php?26176-RangerVision-s-The-Power-Is-Yours!-Contest-Season-2-Scoring-Thread&p=461906#post461906

If you have any questions about scoring, feel free to post them in this thread, or PM one of us.

~ The RangerVision TPIY Judging Committee

GoldPhoenixRanger
04-14-2013, 02:35 PM
EPISODE ONE

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb316/GPRanger/Episode1Scores2013_zps0a1c0f58.jpg

Power Rangers: Legends – Episode 1 : Damnation (Part I)

Judge 1 – I have to say, this was a great Pilot. It was incredibly dark and I liked that, plus it was a very original opening that then tied into modern day Power Rangers very well. I also liked the fact that you worked in the green gem from that little bonus episode of Dino Thunder that connected to SPD, as most people forget about that but it was a cool little plot device. My two complaints are that Arcana threw a lot of information at Ramona at one time aboard the Maiden Rusphene and some of it was a little hard to follow, though I’m sure it will all make sense, and that the episode was very long. Overall I liked it and I’m excited for more!

Judge 2 – The concept is very different from what I imagined it would've been in a general way. The first 2 paragraphs were a bit confusing at the first read, but made sense as the third paragraph ended. I admit that the backstory of the red ranger was interesting and the fact that you had the chapter almost dedicated to the red ranger entirely makes me wonder what you have in store for the other rangers. Brownies! for having a cameo of a previous power ranger in the first chapter!

Judge 3 – The writing is spectacular, but the overall setting and plot kind of throws me off a bit for it being Power Rangers. I do approve of Imagine Dragons in the trailer.

Judge 4 – Ok let’s start off with the good. Where do I begin? This was beautifully written and definitely thought out. It establishes quite a bit while still leaving a lot to be discovered. It’s got enough familiar aspects that the reader can relate to it (if they’re a Power Ranger and/or Super Sentai fan), but it’s also got plenty of originality. The connection to Power Rangers is there and it’s pretty obvious, but it doesn’t hit you in the face with it. And the last thing I’ll mention is that this is REALLY dark. Now I could have put this in the next part, but I thought I’d put it here because I enjoyed it. However, this IS the darkest of the entries and is, most definitely, Rated R. I really look forward to seeing where this goes.

And now the not so good. Well to be honest, I don’t really have anything for this part. I absolutely loved this entry. If I had to say anything bad about it, it would be the length. It was a tad too long, but given what needed to be established (namely the passage of time and the evolution of the main character during that passage of time), the length is understandable. Also, another knock against would be the lack of any scene where the main character does anything even remotely “Power Ranger-y.” While I can see the direction this story is taking, the first episode of any Power Rangers Series establishes, at least, one Ranger as a Ranger.

Judge 5 – Based on a five point system, I rate the first episode a 4/5. Although it had a great start and good storyline which created an environment for me to be in, there were a few grammar issues which took me out of the "flow" of the story. It was a great start, like I said, and an excellent cliffhanger into Damnation (Part Two). I am looking forward in reading the next part.

Power Rangers: Unleashed – Episode 1 : Pirates Unleashed

Judge 1 – I like this episode, it really felt like a Power Rangers pilot episode. However, I do have to say that some of the parts felt disjointed. There was no explanation of how much time had passed between the ranger war and the rest of the events, or how directly connected they were. We also didn’t get much back story on the characters either, though hopefully that will be forthcoming. Overall, it was a good start and I think it will go places, the different parts just didn’t seem connected and the setting needed to be established a little better.

Judge 2 – I felt that the plot fit the chapter nicely. The legendary war was used, which I have to say is something I wasn't entirely unexpected. Your rangers do remind me a little of the Gokaigers and the whole megazord running on the moon, that was seen in Gokaiger episode 1 :p. Passing over all that, I enjoyed the characterisation a lot and am looking forward to see what happens. Oh and brownies! for using MMPR suits in the first episode

Judge 3 – It's a great concept, but I think the execution of it could be improved. I also hope to see more character development in the next chapter.

Judge 4 – Well let’s start with the good. First off you established the Core 5 Rangers and the Main Villains. Good work. You also established the bird, their ship, and their base powers including special attack. You established the setting and provided a little backstory as to how the location became how it is. What I’m trying to say is that you established quite a bit that needed to be established and that’s a good thing. Lastly I’ll say that your episode length is good and I approve of your cast.

And now the not so good. The first thing, and it’s not too big a thing, is continuity. When the Rangers appear before Chorha, he calls them Rangers. Then when they morph, he’s surprised that they’re Rangers. Which makes no sense because he just called them Rangers. Might want to keep stuff like that in mind. The second thing is that while, as I stated above, you established quite a bit, what you failed to establish, in my opinion, is the definitions of each character. Or let me say it another way. You’ve established their names and what they are and that they are there. What you haven’t really established is WHO they are. What makes them THEM. What makes each character unique. This is especially true for the villains. Because of this, this episode felt more like an episode in the middle of the season rather than the first episode of the series.

Judge 5 – I gave this installment 3/5. I liked the story of how the rangers all sacrificed themselves for planet Earth, but the story was a bit rough for me. There were a lot of errors with the sentence structures. Now, I’m not perfect either, but this really got away from the “flow” of the story. I really enjoyed the little cliffhanger at the end. Can’t wait to see what happens next.

Power Rangers: The Great Hunt – Episode 1 : The Great Escape

Judge 1 – This was a great set up for your red ranger (at least I presume he’s the red ranger) and how he got his ship. You also gave hints about the villains and even worked in some adventure, plus I loved the Jack Sparrow reference. While it would have been nice to get more of a feel for the season and other characters, especially given that this is a pilot, this was a good start and I look forward to reading more.

Judge 2 – It was an interesting read. The short backstory behind the establishment on the moon and earth's fate was informative, although there wasn't much to read about the villains or the other rangers. It was a nice chapter and we'll hopefully get to see more about the villains and the other rangers in the chapters to come.

Judge 3 – Not at all a bad start for the season. I feel it would be better if it was a bit longer.

Judge 4 – Ok let’s start with the good. First off, very interesting way of introducing the Red Ranger and The Galleon. You have a solid foundation with which to build off of. The action was pretty good. The technical aspects of the writing are pretty solid.

And now the not so good. Unfortunately, a foundation is all you have. This episode was rather short and didn’t establish much aside from the main character and The Galleon. It didn’t really establish the story as a Power Rangers story, to me. Heck the villains weren’t even really established. This episode needed to be longer and establish more.

Judge 5 – I gave it a 3/5 because it was an alright beginning. It didn’t excite me. It didn’t make me want to know what is going to happen next. It was an okay chapter to start. I would like to see more excitement in the story as it progresses.

Power Rangers: Last Defense – Episode 1 : A Long Way From Home

Judge 1 – I liked the backstory set up in this episode on the Planet Gosei, it established the villains very well as well as the reason for the existence of the rangers. I also like the fact that there isn’t really a mentor for this season aside from Hyde himself, which adds a sort of ‘Tommy in DT” feeling to it. While it would have been nice to meet the other rangers in this episode, it was a good start and I look forward to reading your next episode!

Judge 2 – Interestingly, the concept provided by you is quite different in my opinion. Planet Gosei, holding the powers and a young man belonging to the planet fleeing with the powers to earth to recruit wielders for them. I like the way it is going. I look forward to seeing the way things go considering that a being from another planet, young himself, is recruiting 4 rookies for his cause. Makes me wonder what will happen next. Brownies! for using "Gosei" in the first chapter...nice reference to Goseiger. :p

Judge 3 – The writing/execution is good, the only thing that held it back was not introducing the main characters at all.

Judge 4 – So first the good. The story is actually pretty compelling. The names are actually catchy.

And now the not so good. First off, this episode was way too short. Needed to be, at least, 1.5 times to twice as long, in my opinion. Also, one huge problem I had with this entry was lack of a Power Ranger. Not even one made an appearance. I get that Hyde is the Blue Ranger (though you might not be able to tell that from the episode alone), but he wasn’t shown as such. He didn’t even fight. In my opinion, the first episode of any Power Rangers season MUST showcase at least one Power Ranger. This episode felt more like the stinger at the beginning of an episode leading up to the main title and theme song. And I think that’s what I would say to the author. What you have is good and compelling, but it seems way too short and unfinished.

Judge 5 – I gave it a 4/5 for the reason that it was really good. It made you feel as though you were in the story and I like that when I’m reading a story. I didn’t give it a five because there were some sentences which seemed kind of rough for me to follow. All in all, it was a great start. I’m looking forward in reading more episodes.

Power Rangers: Relic Hunters – Episode 1 : Day of the Deception

Judge 1 – This was an amazing pilot! You established the characters, the villains, and the entire premise of the story with flair, poise, and a ton of humor. I loved some of the jokes and the universe references establishing the PR universe around these characters. I am very excited to read more! The one thing I do have to say is that it does seem to jump around a lot. While I was able to follow it, it did seem like a lot was done in flashbacks that were a little hard to keep up with at times. Overall though, this is an amazing start to what I know will be an amazing season!

Judge 2 – I liked the way the chapter was written and the chapter title caught my attention well too . The length was appreciable and the characterization was very very good. I liked the traits the characters had and the witty comments along with the humor in the chapter made me smile and laugh on more than one occasion. Overall it was a very good chapter and brownies! for using Gokai Galleon Buster in the first episode, I loved the way it was introduced and fit in.

Judge 3 – The writing is brilliant and the characters are likeable, just not sure if they feel like real Power Rangers yet.

Judge 4 – Ok so first the good. I’m intrigued by the characters. Decent character development, especially Montana and Mitu. Interesting relationship there. Can’t wait to see the characters more fleshed out as the series progresses. The strength of this series is definitely the complexity of the characters. The action was good, the story is interesting, and the concept is definitely unique. I like the fact that they’re not actually Rangers yet. That, like true pirates, they kinda hacked into the grid and jacked some powers. I look forward to seeing where his series goes. With Question behind the helm, I expect good things!

And now the not so good. This episode felt all over the place with all the flashbacks and cuts. While it was as an interesting and unique way to do the storytelling and while it may actually look decent on TV, on paper, as I said, it felt all over the place. A tad difficult to follow at times. Also, there were a few spelling and grammar mistakes so perhaps a final proofread might be a good idea for future episodes. The other thing that kinda threw me was the introduction of the Gokai Galleon Buster. Felt kinda early for them to be getting a weapon like that, but it worked for the story. Lastly, the episode felt a bit on the long side to me. That might just be a personal preference, but I thought it was a bit too long.

Judge 5 – To be honest, I’m not a huge fan of fan fictions done like this, but I could not stop reading it. It was creative. I loved the teaser in the beginning and also with everything about this story. There were minor (very minor) errors but nothing major. I enjoyed how each character had unique personality. I enjoyed every minute of it and can’t wait for more.

Power Rangers: The Corsair Project – Episode 1 : Day of the Empire

Judge 1 – I loved this episode! It really had a great ranger feel to it, and plenty of references to kick in the nostalgia factor. However, you also established your new rangers, a little about who they are, and the villains of the series. While this episode was a little long, I still enjoyed it immensely and I look forward to seeing what other rangers are around and how well DT, K, and Boom work together.

Judge 2– This was a long and nice read. I liked the way you combined previously known villains with new villains and previously known allies together in something that actually fits. I see shades of Captain Marvelous and Joe Gibkin in Kratos and I'm looking forward to seeing how that works. The way other teams of rangers and the legendary war was mentioned and described was nice. Additionally, the use of Divatox along with Dr. K and Boom is an unusual but different and nice combination to work with. Will be looking out for more stuff next time. . Brownies! for the Divatox-Dimitria reference. I was laughing for a while after reading the tube comment.

Judge 3 – The mixture of old and new characters is nice, and the teasers add to the believability. Definitely the most believable as a 20th anniversary season.

Judge 4 – Let’s start with the good. The characters are all unique and there was some decent character development given what needed to be introduced/shown in this first episode. There was plenty of action, but it was tempered and balanced with an equal amount of emotionality and a touch of levity. All in all, this was a well balanced episode. The concept is interesting and the setting of the story is certainly unique. I look forward to seeing where this goes. Also, the promo was pretty good, if not a bit cheesy. But then, this wouldn’t Power Rangers without the requisite amount of cheese, would it?

Now the not so good. Right off the bat, I’ve noticed several spelling and grammar mistakes. Now I know we’re not “nickel and diming” people on this stuff this time around, but I feel it should still be mentioned. For future installments, it might do to have a proofreader that can take a read through the final version and take note of spelling and grammatical errors. I will say that these mistakes did not detract from the story and, truth be told, there wasn’t a lot of them. The other thing that I would like to mention is the decision to go to a Script-Based Writing Format. Now I have no problem with this and I am certainly not an expert on script writing, however one thing that constantly bugged me was the fact that half the time it felt more like a story/novel style as opposed to a script. In a script, actions are usually written out as action commands such as [RED RANGER fights THE LONER] as opposed to actually describing a fight like you would in a story or novel. Now I know that would make for rather boring reading for a competition like this but, to me, constantly shifting writing formats on the fly kinda takes me out of the experience. My advice to this team would be to choose one format and stick with it for the entirety of the episode.

Judge 5 – I am not a huge fan of fan fictions done like this but I could not stop reading. I enjoyed everything of it. There were some issues with the way the text was which made it hard to read at times, but great story. I loved how you referenced the name Gokaiger. I also liked how for the first monster you used the first weapons known to Power Rangers. The whole scene brought me back to when they were fighting the Minotaur and Rita looks up and says “Uh-oh”. That was classic. I can’t wait for the next episode.

GoldPhoenixRanger
04-22-2013, 07:49 AM
Hello TPIY Entrants!

Today, we present to you the first "Surprise" for the contest, a little optional something extra that can earn you up to 5 additional points if you succeed. This "Surprise" should be included in Episode 3, which is due in two weeks time on May 4th, 2013 at 7pm EDT. This "surprise" is as follows:

Incorporate Zordon in any way you can. Zordon can be used in the form of a firsthand/secondhand/thirdhand memory, a cameo, a recollection, or merely a name taken in passing, but it should make a difference in the episode. Just having someone say "Yeah there was a guy called Zordon who was a mentor to the first team of Power Rangers on Earth" won't cut it. It's up to you how involved Zordon is in the episode, and he need not be the central focus of it, as long as he appears and has an effect on the episode/series

Teams that participate will receive a score for the "surprise" out of a total of 5, in the same way we score the episode itself. Remember, the 'Surprises" are completely optional and teams will not be penalized any points if they choose not to take part in this extra challenge.

Good Luck!

~ The RangerVision TPIY Judging Comittee

LuigiEspadachin
04-22-2013, 08:02 AM
So basically as long as he's not just name dropped and he affects an aspect of the series in some way, yeah?

GoldPhoenixRanger
04-22-2013, 12:23 PM
So basically as long as he's not just name dropped and he affects an aspect of the series in some way, yeah?

That would be the idea, yeah. However, he doesn't have to affect the whole series if you don't want him to, he can just affect this episode. That's up to you guys.

-GPR

GoldPhoenixRanger
04-28-2013, 11:51 AM
EPISODE 2

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb316/GPRanger/Episode2Scores2013_zps856c6482.jpg

**NOTE: The Leaderboard represents the overall scores for the contest thus far, including the current week.**

Power Rangers: Legends – Episode 2 : Damnation: Part II

Judge 1 – I have to say I was very impressed by this episode. Despite it being short, it gave us a long to think about. I love the inclusion of Time Force and how you integrated Venjix from the RPM universe. Plus, the fact that Ramona had to literally drain the Morphing grid to gain her powers makes hre a great anti-hero and it will be interesting to see how she reacts to having both rangers and aliens as her enemies. I look forward to the next chapter!

Judge 2 – The start was slightly confusing and seemed to not have proper continuity, but considering the way the storyline goes, it does satisfy the ongoing plot. The episode length was short when compared to episode 1, but it served its purpose. Hoping to see more stuff in the upcoming episodes. Keep the good work up.

Judge 3 – While the writing is still fantastic, this chapter was way too short. However, I do like where the plot is going.

Judge 4 – Like before, let’s start with the good. This episode continues the plot and introduces another plot element and did it well. It kept me glued to my seat and to the monitor. The writing was well done.

And now the not so good. This episode was way too short. Nothing was really accomplished except some plot exposition and wrapping up the situation that had begun at the end of the last episode.

Judge 5 – Even though there was a lot of suspense with the story, it was short and I feel as though that it was just put together in two minutes. The “flow” was a lot better than the first episode, but to me it was just too short and it didn’t feel like a completed episode.

Power Rangers: Unleashed – Episode 2 : Fury of the Phoenix

Judge 1 – This was a good episode. It better established the rangers and villains as well as gave us a time frame for the events occurring in the story. While you did have a couple spelling/grammar mistakes they were nothing too major and didn’t hinder my understanding of the story. I’m very interested by this Dricos guy as he seems like he has something to hide, and might be more powerful than Dimas himself. I also greatly approve of the use of the five red rangers, and the idea to use five water wielding blue rangers to combat the fire monster, plus Jungle Fury on top of that. Next episode should be action packed and I look forward to it!

Judge 2 – It was a good episode to read. Reminded me in some ways of Gokaiger and the characters in it. The scene where the rangers do their battle plan by deciding which rangers keys to use is a good scene, I liked the fact that they decided to plan before leaping into action and using random keys at the scene of the battle. Additionally the character interaction is good, revealing some good backstories. I like where it's going. Looking forward to the episodes ahead.

Judge 3 – I enjoyed the all Red change, but I think showing which Ranger transformed into which could be written better. Show me, don't tell me. Also, there were a few grammar errors, but overall it was not bad.

Judge 4 – Like before, we start with the good. The writing is still decent and an enjoyable read. You’ve established, what I assume is, the main rival for the Red Ranger; the “Zeltrax” of the series, if you will. I approve. Also you’ve formally introduced the man in the cloak and I look forward to seeing his story unfold.

And now the not so good. This episode felt rushed, not in production, but in pacing. Your previous episode has a similar issue where you included a lot of stuff in a short amount of time. In this episode, you didn’t introduce or establish quite as much, but it felt like things were moving very very quickly. In my opinion, you didn’t give us a chance to absorb what it was you were trying to show and establish with each character. Also, because of the problems I had with the first episode where I felt you didn’t establish really who the main characters were, I didn’t really care when Thomas made the revelation that he used be among the empire and that he had a previous relationship with FuryBlaze. To me, that’s a huge problem because I feel that I SHOULD care. It SHOULD be a big deal that he used to be among the empire. That fact that I don’t care and it doesn’t feel like a big deal is not good at all. You should slow the pacing down a bit, allow us to live with the characters and absorb what you’re telling/showing us. Have a longer build-up to big reveals like what you’ve revealed in this episode. Give us a reason to care.

Judge 5 – Awesome! You took my advice. This was a great second episode. The “flow” to it was perfect. Can’t wait to see what happens next.

Power Rangers: The Great Hunt – Episode 2 : The Golden Sea

Judge 1 – I love it! This chapter was much better than your last, as it introduced new characters, connected the story to established ranger canon, and showed that there is more than one ranger team still fighting. It should be fun seeing which other former “recruits” of Zordon are out there training rangers for this team. I like Jay’s personality and that somehow Zordon knew his father, which seems like a good sign. I think this is going to be a great team and I can’t wait to meet the other rangers!

Judge 2 – This episode explains many more things than episode 1, which is very appreciable. I liked the way the others rangers were introduced, though the presence of 5 rangers already in addition to the already established red pirate ranger is a little confusing at first. I hope this is explained in the future episodes. It was nice to see Billy being called the professor and morphing into the Gold Zeo ranger. Overall it was a good episode and I
hope things will be cleared up in the upcoming ones.

Judge 3 – The Zeo change, the Command Center, Billy appearing...so much nostalgia. I really enjoyed it.

Judge 4 – Ok, first the good. The writing was very good. I liked how you portrayed Billy. I had an inkling that it was him given how you portrayed him. Pacing was good and the fact that the rest of the “Rangers” that morphed into Zeo could very possibly NOT be the new Rangers is very intriguing. Also, your character development is pretty well done thus far. Lastly, NOW this feels like a Power Rangers story to me. Good work.

And now the not so good. I’m still disappointed that the villains haven’t really been established. You’ve established the grunts, so I guess that’s good. But even the monster-of-the-day wasn’t given a name. What’s up with that?

Judge 5 – Ah dude, this was a great episode. I am so glad that you took my advice. This episode excited me. It was just a little rough for me to follow with some spots, but all in all, a great episode. I can’t wait for the next episode.

Power Rangers: Last Defense – Episode 2 : Coming Together

Judge 1 – I have to say this was a good solid episode of old school feeling Power Rangers. I don’t why the zords didn’t choose the new rangers the first time Hyde saw them, but given this is PR that’s the kind of plot hole that can be overlooked. I like the villain aspect of the rivalry between Faust and Nova, as it’s almost more interesting than the rangers thus far. Hopefully we learn more about the rangers next episode, and see where this villain animosity ends up getting the Vetrixians. Just watch your spelling/grammar here and there, and keep up the good work!

Judge 2 – That was a nice read. I have to admit that, while the whole science class reminds of the episode from Megaforce where the rangers do some outdoor science work, the purpose of it was understood. Although I would've liked to see more interaction between Hyde and the others. It seemed a bit rushed there and during the fight too. Another thing I want to point out is that you switched the Black Ranger's weapon from Viper Axe to Snake Axe in the same episode. I'm a little picky concerning names like that, so I'd choose one and stick onto it. Overall it was a good episode, seemed a little rushed, but was informative and served its purpose nevertheless.

Judge 3 – I'm glad you made the chapter longer. It was fun to read, it had a "Day of the Dumpster" feel to it, although it feels like this could pass for the first episode.

Judge 4 – Ok first the good. I enjoyed this episode. Good work. THIS is the episode that should have been Episode 1. Then save what you DID use for Episode 1 for a later episode where Hyde is filling in the Rangers on what happened on Gosei. I think that would have worked better because THIS episode felt like a first episode of Power Rangers. All around his episode was good. Decent writing, good pacing, and good development.

And now the not so good. Still a little on the short side, but it worked. Also, there were a few spelling/word/grammar errors, but nothing overly glaring. Lastly, and this might just be my personal opinion, but I felt it was a bit clichéd and contrived that the Rangers effectively told Hyde off and thought he was joking, then when they found out he wasn’t, instantly fell into the roles they were meant to be in and that Spencer’s excuse for why he started “leading” the team is because he was chosen as the Red Ranger. Funny, yes, but also cringe worthy. I also kinda cringed when you had their first instinct to be to find Hyde and help him. Again, it might just be a personal opinion, but I don’t like the super squeaky clean goody-good hero Rangers. I like Rangers that are actually human enough to be dicks and to not be goody-goods. And with the way you had it set up, having them be kinda dicks, like, say, even with the arrival of the Vetrixians, they still think this is some kind of hoax or something so they lead them to the crash site, would have worked well.

Judge 5 – The only reason why I gave it a 4.5 instead of a 5 because I thought the four teenagers getting their powers was a bit rushed. It was a great episode and I enjoyed how you introduced the four teens a little bit. I can’t wait for more.

Power Rangers: Relic Hunters – Episode 2 : Curse of the Tengu

Judge 1 – Ok, this episode was both hilarious and well written. I think I like Bruiser’s insightful dialogue the best! I also like how dysfunctional the villains are thanks to their leader, which is almost a parallel with the rangers and their leader somewhat. I just love how much fun the story is, what with the breaking the fourth wall, the jokes among the rangers, and just how ludicrous the entire situation feels, and yet somehow it works. I look forward to hopefully hearing the rest of Montana’s flashback at some point, and seeing what other ancient ranger artifacts they can find. Keep up the great work!

Judge 2 – I frankly liked the episode and enjoyed the various Gokaiger references I could see in them. The episode does have the purpose of introducing Tengu and it served the purpose well. It was a good one overall. 'Nuff said.

Judge 3 – The banter between the Rangers is great. The incorporation of Aka Red I enjoyed. I'm still waiting for it to feel like a 20th anniversary season.

Judge 4 – For this one, I’m going to forego my usual “good stuff” and “not so good stuff” and just lump it all in to one paragraph here because, to be honest, this was a pretty solid episode. Definitely better proofreading on this one than the last one, so good job there. There were still one or two spelling mistakes, but that’s not a big deal. The length was better on this one. Still a tad long, but not overly long and it worked. My only real complaint on this one, and it might just be personal preference, is that I felt this episode was a bit too snarky and the “breaking the fourth wall” with in-jokes and such was a bit excessive for Power Rangers. Throwing in a one-liner here and there or one fourth wall breaking reference an episode isn’t too bad and works, but when the whole episode is snark from beginning to end, it begins to grate and gets old fast.

Judge 5 – This had me intrigued and laughing at the same time. I could not stop reading, this was so good. I enjoy the cheesy Power Ranger feeling it has. Sexton is by far my favorite characters in this story. I can’t wait to see what happens next. Keep up the good work.

Power Rangers: The Corsair Project – Episode 2 : Trojan Zord

Judge 1 – I don’t know where to even begin. That episode had action, humor, past ranger references, characterization, and more! I love all the little connections you’ve worked into the rangers back story, especially the rangers’ ship being the Ghost Galleon! I never would have thought of that. The characters are really developing and having the past rangers there to help them makes it all the more awesome. I also love Karone wielding the Astronema staff, very cool. I would recommend reading over the story once it’s posted, as there were a few spelling/grammar mistakes and a formatting issue here and there, but overall this story is shaping up to be a great season!

Judge 2 – I liked the characterisation and the way the episode was planned out. The interaction between the allies and the rangers was were nice and considering that they don't know much about their zords or powers just yet, I liked the way they were explained things and the way they tried the keys, weapons and the megazord on experimental basis. Overall it was a nice episode, suiting its purpose of introducing the keys and the megazord well.

Judge 3 – I really love everything about this so far. The nostalgia factor is off the charts, and the characters are growing on me.

Judge 4 – First the good. This episode was great. It had just about everything in it. More character development for the Rangers. Great use of previous Rangers. Introduction of the Megazord and evolution of the powers. This really felt like an episode of Power Rangers. I’m also loving the Red Ranger being the Loner of the group. I also have to commend you guys for taking my comments about your previous episode to heart. The formatting of this episode was clean and I thank you for that. It made for a smooth and enjoyable read.

And now the not so good. There are three things I’d like to mention here. The first is that you guys seemed to have forgotten about Medd. I expected a scene near the end of the episode showing his reaction to the Rangers stealing the Galleon and the fact that he epicly failed and didn’t get it. The second is your naming conventions. This might be personal preference, but most of the names associated with the powers (especially the Zord Names and the MegaZord Names) made me roll my eyes and groan. SO cheesy it hurts. Can’t say I agree with the names you’ve chosen, especially given the backstory to your season and the tone you set with the previous episode and continue with this one. I mean, an Empire bent on war and conquering planets came up with THOSE names?! Really?! I can get past the names, though, because I really do love your series so far. It’s just that every time I see those names now, I’ll have a thought in the back of my mind of, “God, I hope Saban doesn’t go THIS corny and cheesy in MegaForce!” Lastly, the third is, again, the length of the episode. This episode was LONG. Now, having said that, because of how you wrote it, the length didn’t affect the experience as much as it could have. Kept me on the edge of my seat throughout the whole episode. I just want to make you guys aware of episode length, however, for future episodes. While your offerings have been great thus far, I wouldn’t want to see an episode much longer than this one from you.

Judge 5 – I am just amazed at how this story is going. The “flow” was much better than last time. Keep up the good work on the story; it’s great!

Question
04-29-2013, 01:25 AM
Not gonna lie, I really thought I was gonna take some crap for not actually showing all of the escape plan and just lampshading it later.

I may be losing my edge.

GoldPhoenixRanger
05-12-2013, 09:33 AM
EPISODE 3

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb316/GPRanger/7d0daf40-64b8-439b-8a90-bc145af22740_zps72fff81b.jpg

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb316/GPRanger/Episode3Surprise-Zordon2013_zps7537cb8c.jpg

*NOTE - The Leaderboard represents the overall scores for the contest thus far, including points earned for this week's "surprise"*

**NOTE 2 - Power Rangers: Last Defense received it's first strike for failing to post an episode this week. The judges will retroactively score this episode to catch this series up as long as both this, and the next episode are posted by the next deadline of May 18th. The scores for this week will be updated to reflect these changes at the appropriate time.**

Power Rangers: Legends – Episode 3 : Damnation: Part III

Judge 1 – This episode was somewhat short, though longer than the last one, however it was very well done. I loved how you combined the universes and connected Venjix to the Machine Empire in a new timeline, not to mention worked in the mini-DT episode that introduced the green gem. The horrifying implications of Alex’s half mutation really make the whole thing seem dark and serious, driving the point home. I also like the new rangers, I think they will work well together, though they still aren’t that well developed. Your Zordon reference was also well done as it was a name drop, but moreso at the same time, which worked for the needs of the story. Overall, this story is getting good and I look forward to more!

Judge 2 – I liked the episode. It had a nice continuity from the previous episode and even though there wasn't a powerful introduction for the remaining rangers, their entrance wasn't too shabby either. Nice incorporation of past rangers into the story. I liked how you put in the Psycho Rangers as the only powers not connected to the morphing grid. Coming to the surprise, Zordon was mentioned. His name had slight value and weight in the discussion the episode provided, but I would've liked to see him used slightly more. It was a nice touch never the less.

Judge 3 – A big improvement over the last chapter. I love your take on the Morphing Grid and the explanation as to how powers appear from the past and future.

Judge 4 – This episode was solid, albeit a bit on the short side. Many revelations abound! If this episode had been combined with the previous episode (as I assume it was meant to be), then it might have received a perfect score from me. I really like where this story is headed and the possibility of not knowing who is evil and who is good. And the possibility of actual Psycho Power Rangers is intriguing, to say the least. One thing I do hope is upcoming in several chapters is the backstory for each of the other Rangers as they just kinda appeared on the ship with no rhyme or reason and they, apparently, also had a conversation with Arcana. Now the bonus option of incorporating Zordon. The way that was done was interesting. However, I feel it could have been done better. I didn’t feel that Zordon’s inclusion into the episode really affected anything.

Judge 5 – This installment was good. I found it nice to meet the other rangers. I was very intrigued with how time is messed up. Can’t wait to find out what happens next. It was cool how you used Zordon in the story.

Power Rangers: Unleashed – Episode 3 : Death & Resurrection

Judge 1 – I LOVE the way you worked in the Zordon appearance. Having the rangers die was very unexpected, but the flashbacks of the rangers’ pasts to help them learn why they fight, as well as tying it in with past rangers was a great idea. This episode was strong in the flashback scenes, though Andrea’s came up a little short given it was already done for Artemis. I’ll add that the episode seemed to come apart a bit near the end, specifically because they ended by reacting to a revelation from last episode, which it took me a minute to remember. Overall though, this was a good episode.

Judge 2 – I really liked this episode. It was fast paced, had nice action and the surprise was incorporated really well into the ongoing plot. All the rangers getting killed was surprising, but seeing how they were connected with Zordon made me smile. I liked the old ranger cameos, but would've liked more interaction from the old rangers. Then again, the story isn't about them though. Zordon had a powerful impact on the episode. Yes, he wasn't seen very much, but he was responsible for the rangers returning, so that's a good impact. The ending of the episode really surprised me too and I'm looking forward to see how things change for the better. Good work!

Judge 3 – Loved that you brought Kendrix back. I thought it worked quite well. I also really enjoyed the all Blue change. Overall it was better than last episode, keep up the improvement!

Judge 4 – This episode was a marked improvement from the first two. The pacing was MUCH better. The character development was better as well, finally giving us a reason to care. The dialogue was pretty good, especially the past Rangers and the Pink Ranger’s final line of the episode. The portrayal of the past Rangers was well done. On the downside, I think it would have worked better if you had spent the entire episode “in the afterlife.” Have their trials of discovery last the whole episode and end with them returning. Maybe that’s just me. Also, while the technical aspects of the writing have been improving, I still noticed several minor mistakes. Lastly, the incorporation Zordon was well done. Good job overall.

Judge 5 – I did enjoy this installment. Although, I did get confused because I thought Geeps took the bodies to the moon and when they recovered from being dead, they were back on Earth. Anyway it was a good installment and love how you put Zordon in the mix of things. Good job! I can’t wait for the next installment.

Power Rangers: The Great Hunt – Episode 3 : Nothing is What it Seems

Judge 1 – This was a very interesting episode. I was surprised by the characterization of Tommy as kind of a jerk to the alien people, while Jason was kinder and more accepting. It added a very interesting air of realism that broke away from the PR feel, and I like that. I knew from the start that they were going to take Leah over Greg, and there was a good set-up to that moment. The team is coming together nicely and seeing how they interact with each other and the former rangers is quite the adventure. I look forward to more!

Judge 2 – I liked the episode. A lot of things going on and I appreciated the backstory and character buildup towards recruiting another ranger. Additionally the explanation of past rangers fighting all over the place with teams of their own is very nice, I have to say. Kind of makes you appreciate power rangers being there and the like. Zordon was mentioned and everything, it was good, however I would've liked it a little better. Nevertheless his presence affected something, and that was good enough for me.

Judge 3 – Great to see Tommy, but I'm hoping the rest of the Rangers show up soon. Still action-packed with nostalgia and not bad overall.

Judge 4 – Nicely done! Jay gets one member of his team from each planet he visits and he has to find a former Ranger to acquire them. AND the team member isn’t always who you think it is. I like it! To quote a famous meme, “What A Twist!” However, I did have problems with this episode. One of the biggest problems I had was the fact that you portrayed Tommy as a bigoted, elitist jerk. That just kinda rubbed me the wrong way. In my opinion, Tommy Oliver, being of Native American descent and having worked with the most Power Ranger Teams of any Ranger would be the last person who would become bigoted and elitist. The other thing, and I suppose it’s more of a disappointment than a problem, is that Zordon wasn’t incorporated at all in this episode. He was mentioned, but that’s it. Even the mention had no real bearing on the story.

Judge 5 – I just loved this installment and seeing a bunch of old rangers such as Tommy and Billy together. I enjoyed how you incorporated some past villains into the story as well as Zordon. Its cool how there is an alien-like bug joining the team of rangers. This is something new. I can’t wait for the next installment.

Power Rangers: Relic Hunters – Episode 3 : Twenty / Twenty

Judge 1 – This was a good episode...not quite as fun as the others, but it had more drama and character development, which was a nice change of pace. It was cool to see the legendary Onyx bar and all the monsters there, plus having SPD A-Squad keys was a unique idea too. I like how Jana and Sexton’s relationship was established as a close friendship that could be more in the future, which I look forward to reading.

Judge 2 – It was a long, but nice episode. The usage of SPD suits was brilliant, I forgot about those suits lol. The characterisation was really good and the interaction between the characters in your story is truly commendable. I like the way they interact. Overall it was a very good episode. Since you haven't used Zordon in your story, you won't be scored for the surprise.

Judge 3 – This chapter took off from the moment it started with the inclusion of old monsters, and it only got better when A-Squad showed up. Best chapter yet.

Judge 4 – In some ways this episode felt like a step back and in other ways, it continued the direction episode 2 was headed in terms of writing. Again, excellent character development. I like how each episode focuses on one or two Rangers and develops them. The story behind the episode was quite intriguing, to say the least. However, where it felt like a step back was that, like episode one, this episode felt all over the place to me. On the plus side, I could actually follow this one better than episode one. Again, I understood what you guys were going for and, were this actually shown on a screen, I imagine it would work quite well. Now maybe it’s because I’m just not used to reading scripts, but I find it difficult to visualize what it is you guys are trying to convey because it just feels so erratic to me. The other positive about the flashing that I will mention is that I could totally understand and feel what Jana must have been going through. Last thing I will mention is that I am quite disappointed that you guys didn’t even bother to attempt the bonus objective for this episode.

Judge 5 – Very nice. The fight on Onyx was great. Loved it.

Power Rangers: The Corsair Project – Episode 3 : Teammate Mine

Judge 1 – I have to say, this really felt like a good episode of Power Rangers. The references back to Jason and Tommy having to learn to work together, Tayna and Tommy talking about Zeo, and DT hiding her backstory were all cool. I also liked how Zordon was worked in as an inspiration for Tommy being a leader to the rangers. I look forward to seeing where the story goes, so keep up the good work!

Judge 2 – I liked the episode. The usage of a monster that I instantly recognized as Sneak Brothers from Gokaiger cheered me up . Additionally the whole Green and Red Ranger becoming one is something that reminded me of how Chiaki and Ryunnosuke were forced to be together since they were attached at the arms in shinkenger. I especially cracked up when Tanya told the yellow ranger that it was nice to meet a fan. It was a nice touch using Tanya and Trey and the whole Tommy travelling with them was nice too. It's nice that you established other rangers fighting too. I would wish to tell you to go through your episode twice or three times before posting though since there were many lines which were either centered in the middle or towards the left. Keep in either in the center or to the left. Additionally a lot of Titles weren't under Bold or Underline properly since I can see [B] on end or the other. I agree you're episode is large, but these things do matter. Please do look into them. The Zordon flashback was really good, but it's purpose confused me a little. The impact of that wasn't seen a lot in my view. Overall the episode was really good and had a lot of good elements.

Judge 3 – Another excellent chapter. Kudos for including Dr. K's famous spandex line in there. Loving the return of not just Rangers, but old allies as well. Absolutely brilliant

Judge 4 – Wow. Just… wow. This episode really blew me away. For the most part, it was a perfect episode. It felt like an episode of… well to be honest, I was going to say Power Rangers, but no it was better than Power Rangers. It felt like an episode of Gokaiger. If Saban can pull anything even remotely close to this off with Super MegaForce, I’ll be pleasantly surprised. This is definitely your best episode yet. Everything about this episode was great. It seemed well thought out from the development of the main ranger team to the development of the allies (read: Tommy) to the portrayals of the past rangers. The pacing was darn near perfect as well. I could see just about everything in my head and follow it and it was like watching an episode of Gokaiger, as I stated above. Also, the way you guys incorporated Zordon was BRILLIANT! AND you made this Rated PG. I hope Saban is taking notes. THIS is how you write an INTELLIGENT Power Rangers episode and still keep it PG. Well done guys! Well done indeed!

Judge 5 – I just loved how you are putting depth with your characters. I am loving how you are bringing old Power Rangers back to help such as Tanya and Trey. I love the use of Zordon as well. Keep up the good work.

GoldPhoenixRanger
05-15-2013, 09:39 AM
UPDATE:

We have received word that Death the Kid, author of Power Rangers: Last Defense, has chosen to remove himself from the competition at this time.

We wish him the best in all future endeavors, and hope he may choose to participate in a future season.

~The TPIY Judging Committee

Question
05-22-2013, 11:46 AM
Stupid question.

If we were getting a surprise this round, you'd have told us by now, yes?

Orangefalcon
05-22-2013, 11:55 AM
Totally. There is no surprise for episode 5.

GoldPhoenixRanger
05-27-2013, 06:59 PM
Ok, I'm really sorry for the delays guys, but the scores will be up today. One of the judges thought he sent them to me, but it turns out I don't actually have them. Everything else is compiled so I'm just waiting to check with him today (Monday). If I don't see him, then I will average the four scores I do have for each of you, and give you a final score based on what I have.

I thoroughly apologize and, if its within my control, this will not happen again.

-GPR

GoldPhoenixRanger
05-28-2013, 12:54 PM
EPISODE 4

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb316/GPRanger/Episode4Scores2013_zps8794de47.png

Power Rangers: Legends – Episode 4 : Birthright

Judge 1 – I really liked Venjix in this episode. He was evil, calculating, and really seemed to be a force of nature, figuratively speaking. You established him well while showing that Tommy nd Alex are trying to fight him off. However, we didn't even see the new rangers in this episode, which was a bit disappointing. Still, a great episode overall!

Judge 2 – It was a nice episode. Sure, it had a nice backstory to Dr. K which was an interesting read, but I would've prefered equal focus on the rangers. There wasn't much to go on by. Looking forward to a better episode next time.

Judge 3 – Another chapter on the shorter side. I really enjoyed the characterization you gave Venjix, but I was disappointed you didn't incorporate your Rangers in this chapter at all. They're supposed to be the main characters!

Judge 4 – Another solid episode, this time of decent length. Pacing was good. Writing was good, as always. My only complaint was lack of Power Rangers. Maybe this is a personal preference, but I feel that every episode should feature, at least, one of the core Rangers of the season. Also, I think you should start tying this Venjix/Brother Eye storyline in with the core Rangers more as it feels like there are two independent storylines going on here. My guess is that it will begin to tie in next episode because I have a sneaking suspicion that the Vets are going to end up in the time period of the core Rangers. But still, this episode felt a little out of place.

Judge 5 – It was a great installment. Very well written and very interesting. I just didn't know where it was going but can't wait for the next installment.

Power Rangers: Unleashed – Episode 4 : Blue Memories

Judge 1 – This was a cool episode, but it seemed a little disjointed. The transitions between the flashbacks and the present day seemed to mix together in places, making it hard to keep track of what I was reading. That said, the concept was very good, using this monster to help establish Alec's background and history, as well as some of his mental and emotional state of mind. Overall, I liked it and it did its job as a good episode.

Judge 2 – It was a good episode. But to me it seemed a bit rushed. You tried to give some backstory to the blue ranger and established an episode around him, but things seemed to have really, really fast. I would've liked to see some more backstory at the beginning and a little more description and pacing into the stuff between alec'ander and Demetria.

Judge 3 – I really enjoyed this chapter. Love the exchanges between Alec and Demi, and I look forward to seeing where their relationship goes! Your writing continues to improve and that makes me happy.

Judge 4 –. I think this is your best episode to date. Pacing is nearly spot on and concept was well thought out and executed. This felt like an episode of Power Rangers or Super Sentai and that’s a good thing. Also, doing a story about regaining trust is difficult to do right and this is a great start to it. Nice work all around.

Judge 5 – For me, it was sort of all over the place. During the first battle with Filmas, I got confused big time. Just be careful next time, how you word things. Good story anyway.

Power Rangers: The Great Hunt – Episode 4 : It's a Girl Thing

Judge 1 – This was another good episode. I like how the formula continues with them meeting previous rangers to get a new one for their team. The action was fun, the rangers developed, and we got a new ranger. I particularly like learning about Walter & Lynn's background, Leah's alien abilities, and meeting the mysterious ranger. I look forward to reading more!

Judge 2 – I loved the episode. The amount of detail put into it was awesome. I like the concept of the buildings and the overall look. It was a really nice surprise to see Kira and Tori, not to mention a fully functional all-female team there. I liked that. It shows that people are fighting truly everywhere. Looking forward to seeing more rangers and equally interesting episodes in the future!

Judge 3 – I liked seeing Tori and Kira back, however that felt a little borrowed from Once A Ranger. I do look forward to the whole team finally being united.

Judge 4 – You did well portraying Tori and Kira as characters. However, you left out some pretty big defining characteristics and that disappointed me. Let’s start with Tori. She’s a Ninja Master. And yet in your story, she didn’t use any of her Ninjutsu. She was totally reliant on the Ranger Powers. To me, Tori would have used her Ninjutsu as well as the Ranger Powers. Also, I would have thought she would have kept the blue keys, you know, being the Blue Ninja Ranger and all. But that I can let slide. Now with Kira. Again, thought she would have kept the yellow keys, but not a big deal. What was missing was the fact that since you have established in your story that she had her morpher prior to this episode and that she can use it, she should also have her Ptera Scream as the gem would have had to still be imbedded in her. Yet she never used the scream. It’s those things that, while you did well portraying how they acted and spoke, made them feel off to me. The only other complaint I have is the fact that you made it a point to show the Rangers bringing the Morphin’ Keys with them before they disembarked the Galleon, yet only Jay uses one of these keys in battle. It’s like you set up the reader’s expectation of the core Rangers are going to us the Morphin’ Keys and then not have them use them.

Judge 5 – The installment wasn’t very exciting. It was good, but not that exciting. I really like the story though.

Power Rangers: Relic Hunters – Episode 4 : Criminal Records

Judge 1 – Great episode guys! I loved that not only did we get background information on all the rangers, but we also got to understand their motivations. I LOVE how the real life rangers events keep overshadowing Montana and that's who he does what he does, it's hilarious. I also liked how many real ranger related things tie into the rangers background, like Sexton working for all kinds of villains and Mitu being a Triforian. I am very excited to see where it all goes, and how these characters develop further!

Judge 2 – That was an interesting read. I have to say that it had a lot of stuff in it. I liked the mention and cameos of various villains in it and enjoyed reading the whole thing. Looking forward for more.

Judge 3 – Once again another brilliant episode from your minds. Absolutely loved the part where the posing is questioned, and that you brought back Mordant. Keep it up!

Judge 4 – Very interesting. Not sure I like the MegaZord name. A lot of character backstories in this episode. Well thought out and written. Still, a bit long for my tastes. But I guess it comes with the writing format and I can live with that. I’m really enjoying the different characters and the fact that you’re taking the time to flesh them out. Also, much better pacing than your previous episodes. I look forward to seeing where it goes.

Judge 5 – I enjoyed the installment very much of all the flashbacks. I really did enjoy the incorporation of the evil villains and no matter how much of a heist Captain Awesome and his teammates pulled, there would be more “important” breaking news. Like, I said before, Sexton is my favorite character. He is so arrogant. Keep up the good work and looking forward to Episode Five.

Power Rangers: The Corsair Project – Episode 4 : Future Plans

Judge 1 – Great episode guys! I loved the character development for Clark and the introduction of the Time Force rangers. I also liked the hint that something is wrong with Medd, the same way Ransik had a disease he needed medication for also. The combination of the current rangers working with past rangers is a great way to bring everything together and really make it feel like PR. I hope to find out what happened to Chip soon, as he obviously escaped to Rootcore in that flashback, so I figure the Mystic Rangers will be appearing soon. Keep up the great work!

Judge 2 – That was an interesting episode. A lot was happening there. I liked the cameos of Wes, Trip and Eric. The flashbacks with the mystic force and time force rangers was really cool. On the other hand the thing between Clark and his dad William, to me was a reminder of the stuff Wes and his dad had going on between them. Overall, a good episode.

Judge 3 – The story continues to stay strong, and I still love that you're going for the nostalgia factor. The fact that you not only brought Trip back, but Circuit, kind of made the chapter for me.

Judge 4 – You continue to write like seasoned Power Rangers Script Writers. There’s not much for me to say. I loved, L-O-V-E-D, how you tied in Wes and Mr. Collins’ relationship to Clark and William. That was brilliant! Also, I look forward to seeing what’s up with Medd and where you take the story next! Job well done!

Judge 5 – This was a great installment. I enjoyed how the Time Force Rangers were involved with this episode. Keep up the good work.

Question
05-28-2013, 01:04 PM
Judge 4 – Very interesting. Not sure I like the MegaZord name.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malaccamax

I'm just saying.

GoldPhoenixRanger
06-04-2013, 04:56 AM
UPDATE:

We have received word that GoseiManta, author of Power Rangers: Legends, has chosen to remove himself from the competition at this time.

We wish him the best in all future endeavors, and hope he may choose to participate in a future season.

~The TPIY Judging Committe

GoldPhoenixRanger
06-10-2013, 04:04 PM
EPISODE 5

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb316/GPRanger/Episode5Scores2013_zpsd85b682b.png

Power Rangers: Unleashed – Episode 5 : Grandmother's Wishes

Judge 1 – Wow...this was definitely your best chapter yet! I really like how you portrayed Richmond's memories and emotions regarding his grandmother and what she meant to him. Not only that but you worked Alec into the episode perfectly as a best friend and support for Richmond both by trying to hook him up with a girl, and being there for him through his issues with the phony grandma. At the end, they both came together and defeated the monster without the other rangers, which is a nice change of pace from regular PR, and allows them to truly be the focus of the episode. While some of the parts did seem like they could have connected a little smoother, this episode really connected with me and I feel that it deserves a perfect score. Keep up the great work!

Judge 2 – That was a short and sweet episode. But it was crisp to the point. You were showing a focus on the green ranger and though I felt the focus was slightly short and abrupt, you did manage to have a spotlight on him. The battle sequence was a little short for my liking, but this isn't the first time a monster is defeated by individual rangers and their weapons, so that suits me fine.

Judge 3 – Another amazing chapter from you. I swear it gets better every week. Richmond's backstories with Draela and his grandmother were fleshed out nicely.

Judge 4 – Another great episode. Despite the minor spelling and grammatical errors, your message comes through loud and clear. You’ve got the emotionality of these stories down and that’s not easy to do. The only thing I had hoped was that Thomas would show up to further the theme of rebuilding trust.

Judge 5 – You listened to me. Great! This was a great installment. It was better than the previous one. I am looking forward to seeing what is going to happen next. Keep up the great work.

Power Rangers: The Great Hunt – Episode 5 : The Air of Danger

Judge 1 – This was a decent chapter. Finally Adam is a Red Ranger! Bonus Points for that. The episode over all was good, and I like how unique both the situation on that planet and the new Green Ranger are. Should make for some fun adventures to come. I was a little disappointed that we didn't get to see the Megazord transformations themselves, but otherwise this was a good solid episodes.

Judge 2 – The episode served the purpose of a new ranger recruit well. I like how the episodes are connected. You show the connection of information from one episode to the next very well. Additionally the cameos of the old rangers are well shown. I liked the way Adam and the other (new) turbo rangers were depicted. The description of the planet and the rangers' adapting to the ecosystem was a good one. However I did feel that the skirmish that took place was slightly short. But it did prove its worth.

Judge 3 – Well written and great to see Adam return, however the big issue I have is there's no explanation for the Turbo Zords being undestroyed. Looking forward to the next chapter with the Space Rangers.

Judge 4 –Again, your portrayal of former Rangers continues to be spot-on. Great job with Adam. My only complaint is the length of the episode. It was really too short. Compared to the other entrants and even compared to your own previous episodes, this one was kinda bare bones. There were barely any descriptions, like you just wanted to convey exactly what you wanted to convey. No more, no less. And, in my opinion, that hurt your score for this episode. Case in point, the Gokai-Oh Transformation. Seeing as how this was the first time, I expected a grand, epic description of the MegaZord forming. Maybe they screw up the first pass or something. But then I got, “They formed the MegaZord.” Quite underwhelming. You need to embellish your work more. Describe things in greater detail. Your dialogue is good and your character portrayals are great.

Judge 5 – This was an interesting installment. I do like how you don’t have to be all humanoids to be Power Rangers. Keep up the good work.

Power Rangers: Relic Hunters – Episode 5 : Awesome's Eleven(ish)

Judge 1 – That was an amazing episode! It had laughs, action, and plenty of unexpected twists to reveal the truth about the events at the bank. To top it all off, we discover that Montana, for all his arrogance, actually does care about his crew, which is...for lack of a better term...Awesome. The ranger references were great too, like Kat Manx, the Badge of Darkness, and even a Jungle Karma Pizza cameo! I also loved Mitu as Gordon Ramsay, which was just hilarious beyond words. Overall this was my favorite episode so far, and I look forward to more.

Judge 2 – I liked the episode. It had a healthy amount of plot progress, characterisation, humor and everything. I was cracking up at the way Mitu was going on as Chef Makai and I loved the names and stuff you came up for food and everything. A Really good episode.

Judge 3 – Just when I thought this episode couldn't get any more awesome, you bring back RJ AND Kat Manx. As always, the writing and banter between the Rangers is excellent.

Judge 4 – For once, I don’t really have anything to say. Good length. Great character development. Especially for Montana Awesome. Have to admit, I facepalmed when I realized what you guys did with SPD A-Squad. You really canonized A-Squad’s origin huh? Though, I have to admit that the theory that the energy of The Morphing Grid transcending time and space intrigues me. I’m going to have to steal that for something.

Judge 5 – This was a great installment. I was impressed with everything about it. There were some parts I just cracked up laughing. I like how you brought the Badge of Darkness into play as well as Kat Manx. Great job! Keep it up. I can’t wait for the next installment.

Power Rangers: The Corsair Project – Episode 5 : Sleeping Dogs Awake

Judge 1 – Great episode guys! I really liked the appearance of the SPD rangers and RIC, plus the hints at RPM and other season. As always, this really feels like an actual ranger season and as always I'm looking forward to more!

Judge 2 – This episodes had a lot going on. And I liked it! I have to say, the continuous cameos of past rangers are awesome, I'm looking forward to spotting them every week. I liked the mention of other sixth rangers in the episode. There was no requirement for them to be mentioned, neither a strong plot change or anything because of it. But mentioning them was nice. Additionally the characterization in this episode was very good, I'd say. I liked the banter between the rangers and between Sky, Z and the rest of them. Very good!

Judge 3 – Once again another great episode from your minds. I won't penalize you for bring Sky back only because you also got Z. Can't wait to see what happens between Simia and Medd.

Judge 4 – You guys continue to be consistent and write beautifully. Brilliantly done! I don’t know what else to say except I’d really love to see this on TV. Continue to do what you do I’ll continue to give you fives!

Judge 5 – Oh wow! This has to be the best installment yet. I just loved the chemistry between the characters. I fully enjoyed reading this installment. Can’t wait to see what happens next.

Raging Phoenix
06-13-2013, 08:10 AM
Oops, I noticed I didn't remember to add the episode title (it was a bit hectic, with me running late and all). The episode title is "The Air of Danger".

GoldPhoenixRanger
06-13-2013, 12:40 PM
Oops, I noticed I didn't remember to add the episode title (it was a bit hectic, with me running late and all). The episode title is "The Air of Danger".

Not a problem Rage. I fixed it in the comments, but I'm not going to make a new scoring image for that just because it would take too much work.

Also, as a note to everyone, you can ignore that "Average" column, I didn't mean to include that in the image. That's just the actual scores this week as calculated before rounding.

-GPR

GoldPhoenixRanger
06-18-2013, 08:23 AM
UPDATE:

We have received word that Raging Phoenix, author of Power Rangers: The Great Hunt, has chosen to remove himself from the competition at this time.

GoldPhoenixRanger
06-26-2013, 01:35 PM
Before I give this weeks scores I'd like to note that due to unforeseen circumstances surrounding one of our judges, this week's scores reflect the average of the other four judges, instead of all five. Until such a time as Judge 2 is able to return to the competition, subsequent scores will also adhere to this format.

Thank You

~ The TPIY Judging Committee

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EPISODE 6

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb316/GPRanger/Episode6Scores2013_zps39b698ca.png

Power Rangers: Unleashed – Episode 6 : Forgotten Family

Judge 1 – Wow....that episode was great! That was a great plot twist and one I didn't see coming at all! I'm really excited to find out who or what Artemis really is and what is going to happen to Andrea. You really have a fantastic season going here and I look forward to seeing more!

Judge 2 – N/A

Judge 3 – Judge 3 refrains from comments this week. You have to guess what I enjoyed and what I didn't.

Judge 4 – Well done. I really want to know what’s going to happen. Given your spoilers for the next episode, I’m going to guess that Andrea dies. Which makes me sad. I just hope the origins of the replacement for Pink and the expanded character development for Dem are good. Length was good and dialogue was well written. On to the next episode!

Judge 5 – I really enjoyed this installment. I can’t wait to find more about Dricos. Keep it up!

Power Rangers: Relic Hunters – Episode 6 : The Edge of the World

Judge 1 – That episode was...interesting. Confusing as hell, but interesting. I really liked the way the fake worlds were developed around the rangers and seeing what they all could have been. I was really lost for a while there, but the end did clear it up a little. I will say this was a great "WTF" episode, and most good tv shows have one, so credit for that and I look forward to seeing what else you can pull out of your hat!

Judge 2 – N/A

Judge 3 – Judge 3 refrains from comments this week. You have to guess what I enjoyed and what I didn't.

Judge 4 – This episode was tough for me to rate. It was written pretty well. But it felt almost pointless. At the end, I was like, “Ok…. So what exactly happened in this episode?” When placed in context with the episode yet to come, it may make more sense, but as a standalone episode, it made almost no sense to me. Based on what limited info you’ve provided in this episode, I can draw some conclusions, but I would really like an out-and-out explanation of what happened. Because it’s not clear exactly how this episode fits within the grand scheme of things and because, as I’ve said before, I’m not a huge of fan of jumping around, I had to rate this in the middle.

Judge 5 – It was okay. It didn’t excite me like the last installment did, but keep up the good work, good story.

Power Rangers: The Corsair Project – Episode 6 : The Way We Were

Judge 1 – This was a good episode to say the least. Very solid with great cameos from the Wild Force rangers, backstory for one of our rangers, and character development for some of our villains to boot! I do have to add however, that said backstory seemed to lack development in certain places, namely the reasoning for why the three friends acted the way they did and why they felt the need to use her. That said, I look forward to seeing the next episode!

Judge 2 – N/A

Judge 4 – Yet another excellent episode from you guys. I do have to you say, you guys really know how to write. My only complaint would be the lack of a final fight. I mean you decide to go with a MegaZord Team-Up and don’t bother to describe it? With your levels of writing ability, I was looking forward to an epic three megazord beat down on the monsters and all I got was, “MegaZords Win.” Kinda anticlimactic. Also, I was looking forward to Tommy doing something. I mean you have him practically ready to jump into action saying, “We have to do something, let’s come up with a plan,” then nothing. He just disappears. Still, I enjoyed the episode and am looking forward to more.

Judge 5 – Good installment. Keep up the good work.

GoldPhoenixRanger
06-30-2013, 02:16 PM
Guess What? It's time for another surprise!!

This surprise is expected to be included in Episode 8, which is due July 13th, 2013.

Your challenge is:

Incorporate a villain (preferably main villain) from a previous power ranger season (MMPR-PRS) into your episode. The villain can be a cameo for the episode, the main focus of the episode, or can even stay on in your season for other episodes after this one. It's your choice. Please make sure that the villain you choose is either a main villain or a secondary one that is still around (aka not dead unless you have a really good way to bring them back). Secondary villains can include season generals or more minor recurring characters like Scorpina.

Good Luck!

~ The TPIY Judging Comittee

GoldPhoenixRanger
07-11-2013, 06:29 PM
Attention Entrants!

We regret to inform you that this weeks scores will be delayed. In addition to Judge 2 being indisposed, another judge is dealing with a real life problem and thus has been unable to send me scores yet. Once I have all the scores, they will be promptly posted.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

~ The TPIY Judging Comittee

GoldPhoenixRanger
07-14-2013, 01:18 PM
EPISODE 7

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb316/GPRanger/Episode7Scores2013_zpsb574cb65.png

Power Rangers: Unleashed – Episode 7 : Fallen Comrade

Judge 1 – I was really torn about this episode. I really enjoyed the episode as a whole, and the emotion of losing two rangers and having to replace them was well done. I do think it was a bit abrupt and could have been held off one episode (the replacements I mean). However, my biggest concern was that this was a serious dramatic episode and despite that the rangers are cracking jokes in the middle of battle. That throws the tone way off.

Judge 2 – N/A

Judge 3 – The twists and turns keep coming, all of which still brilliantly executed.

Judge 4 – That must have been a tough episode you for you to write, but probably oddly cathartic given your current situation, so I applaud you for how well this episode turned out. My only complaint with this episode is the light-hearted tone the episode took once Demi and April joined the team. It seemed really out of place. You had the opportunity to delve into something that Power Rangers has only attempted once: the death of a Ranger. But the tonal shift was so jarring that it partially ruined what you had going. Still, a solid episode.

Judge 5 – I’m impress, keep up the good work.

Power Rangers: Relic Hunters – Episode 7 : Firm and Immovable

Judge 1 – Great episode guys, one of my favorite so far! I'm a little sad we didn't get any follow up on Bulk and Skull after the opening scenes, but a lot of the other action and references made up for it. For a bit near the beginning there, I kind of thought Montana had found the dormant Dragonzord, but then I realized that made no sense as they weren't in Angel Grove. Either way, amazing episode guys, keep up the good work!

Judge 2 – N/A

Judge 3 – Hooked me from the beginning with Bulk and Skull. The talk show was a nice touch. I didn't realize how much I loved Jana until this episode.

Judge 4 – This was a genuinely great episode from you guys. I think, for the first time in this competition, I’m impressed with you guys. This episode was a pretty good character arc for Jana and held the right emotional tones at the right times. It had enough humor to make this not seem out of place, but not so much that it overshadowed and ruined the point of the episode. I look forward to seeing where this goes and to the debut of the Silver Ranger.

Judge 5 – That was a fantastic installment. Keep up the good work.

Power Rangers: The Corsair Project – Episode 7 : When Good Girls Go Bad

Judge 1 – This episode was awesome! I loved the focus on Connie, and her development was great. I really liked the classic "believe in yourself" Power Rangers message here, and how Kendrix was the inspiration for a ranger, and not just because of her sacrifice. I look forward to the next episode guys, keep up the great work!

Judge 2 – N/A

Judge 3 – Kendrix AND Karone back...if this were an actual episode I'd be peeing myself.

Judge 4 – What can I say? You’ve done it again. Great emotionality and great character portrayals and development. Great work all round. Looking forward to the next episode!

Judge 5 – That was an awesome job guys. I’m really into the story.

GoldPhoenixRanger
07-24-2013, 04:50 PM
Hey Entrants!

I am sorry to announce that Judge 2, aka OrangeFalcon aka Megaforce Pink has decided to leave the staff and the board permanently at this time due to dealing with some real life stuff right now. As a result, for the duration of the contest we will permanently have 4 judges. The numbers of the remaining judges have been altered to accommodate this. We wish Orangey the best in all his future endeavors and hope to see him back soon! Now, on to Episode 8 scores!

EPISODE 8

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb316/GPRanger/Episode8Scores2013_zps36a2de0d.png

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb316/GPRanger/Surprise2-ReturningVillain_zps2ad6ae5c.png

Power Rangers: Unleashed – Episode 8 : Scroll of Empowerment

Judge 1 – Hmm, this is a tough episode to judge. I liked the return of Lothor and how Marah and Kapri were the ones to find him, only to be betrayed and killed. That said, the rest of the episode felt kind of rushed and the tone was lost because of it. That said, the overall plot was good and I look forward to the resolution next episode!

Judge 2 – Even though I don’t like Lothor, I was very much impressed of how Serpen ended up getting Lothor and bringing him back. It was very clever to have Marah and Kapri find Lothor. I liked how they had to find Mesagog’s (one of my favorite villains) lab. I really liked how you left it on a cliff hanger. Can’t wait for the next installment.

Judge 3 - Not gonna lie, I didn't care for where you went with Marah and Kapri. From the cussing at the beginning to the betrayal, it felt very out of character for them. The rest of the episode was good.

Judge 4 – This was a good episode. Loved the cliffhanger. I was kinda disappointed in how easily Lothor was “defeated.” Also, I don’t like the fact that you don’t go into the reasons why Kapri has gone all evil again and is searching for Lothor. Ok she was looking for him for Serpen. But why is she helping Serpen? It felt out of nowhere to me. It just seemed really out of character for Kapri, especially since the Rangers sacrificed their lives for the Earth. My biggest issue with this episode, though, are the apparent contradictions. You have Lothor mention revenge when he’s revived, yet later when he’s fighting the Rangers, you have him mention that the Ninja Storm Rangers are supposed to dead. If he knows the Rangers are dead, exactly who or what is he seeking revenge against? Also, how is he not surprised that there are Power Rangers? Granted he knew of the veteran Rangers’ demise, but am I really to believe that while being imprisoned at the bottom of the ocean within a figure, Lothor could see and hear everything that has been happening? Really?

Power Rangers: Relic Hunters – Episode 8 : World's Enough and Time: Part II

Judge 1 – This was a great episode guys! I loved the development between Jana and Montana, and the reveal of the 6th Ranger was hilarious. The appearance of Gasket and Archerina was well done too. The characters are really starting to develop and there are hints and them becoming the heroes they are truly meant to be. I look forward to seeing where the story leads next!

Judge 2 – I clearly enjoyed this installment. With each episode I am falling more and more in love with Sexton. I really loved how you brought back Prince Gasket and Archerina. Keep up the good work.

Judge 3 – Great episode. Loved the bit with the Pudgy Pig. Looking forward to where you go with the Silver Ranger.

Judge 4 – Wow. Have to admit, that was good. Also, I’m loving the amount of time you’re devoting to developing Jana. The Jana/Monatana stuff is genuinely written well. Also, didn’t see Gasket and Archerina coming. Nice touch giving them Power Weapons. I look forward to see the genesis of The Silver Ranger and learning how and why those tin cans acquired the Power Weapons.

Power Rangers: The Corsair Project – Episode 8 : The Diva's Dark Secret

Judge 1 – This episode was amazing! I loved the reveal of D.T.'s secret, and the reactions to it. Going back to the Island of Muranthias was brilliant and developing the villains more worked wonders to make them seem like a greater threat. Miratrix was worked in perfectly and I hope to see her make further appearances in the series. Overall, I loved it, so keep up the great work!

Judge 2 – You did it again. What a fantastic installment. I fully enjoyed you bringing back Miratrix. She was one of my favorite villains in Operation Overdrive. I did like the dynamics of this installment. Keep up the good work.

Judge 3 – Another beautiful episode with lots of veterans back. The ending was a nice and a great way to sneak in the surprise.

Judge 4 – Holy sweet mother of--- wow. This episode was awesome. You brought back not one, but two… TWO main villains. Technically. Not having seen much of Operation Overdrive, I don’t know if you did Miratrix justice, but I don’t really care. She was a great addition. Also, once again, great job with the returning veteran rangers for the episode.

GoldPhoenixRanger
08-07-2013, 03:39 PM
EPISODE 9

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb316/GPRanger/Episode9Scores2013_zps237d55b3.png

Power Rangers: Unleashed – Episode 9 : Megazord Activated

Judge 1 – Ok, where to begin. While the overall plot of this episode wasn't bad and the introduction of the Silver wasn't too bad despite being a little rushed and him not doing much, I had some major problems here. First of all, swearing for the sake of swearing does not make an episode more adult. Throwing around bitch randomly plus the c-word out of nowhere just makes you look desperate for attention. As for the fighting, this episode randomly got way more violent with no warning, what with the amputations and Lothor's decapitation, and it wasn't necessary. The final issue I had was your apparent sudden need to mention the screaming deaths of everyone in the buildings being smashed which was random and pointless. I suppose the overall summary here is that you tried to make this The Dark Knight when it didn't need to be, and instead ended up making something resembling Man of Steel (from what I've heard anyway, haven't seen it). Tone down the violence, swearing, and overall darkness next time and I think you'll be ok. A little more realisim is fine now and again, but remember this is still Power Rangers.

Judge 2 – I gave you this score because I really enjoyed it. Dimas is a badass. I enjoyed you using the Titan Megazord to finish off Shinmazu. I believe the introduction to the Silver Ranger could be a little bit better but I did like how Demi was the one to notice him but all the other rangers just pushed it to the side. Good job with the installment. I can’t wait for more.

Judge 3 – Much better than the last chapter. Also, that was a great ending.

Judge 4 – I have to say, this episode was a bit a disappointment. First off, it felt rushed. As in you were trying to cover a lot of a ground in a short amount of time. Secondly, I didn’t like how badly Lothor was punked out by the empire and killed off. Now don’t get me wrong, he’s nowhere near my favorite Power Ranger Villain, but he’s a space ninja. A powerful space ninja. It just seemed like you nerfed and neutered Lothor here. That leads into my third problem… the “c” word. Was that really necessary? I don’t think it was and I felt you took the low road by using it. And lastly, I don’t agree with the integration of the Silver Ranger. It felt forced. I think you should have held off. Like have him pop up here and there like when Demi saw him out of the corner of her eye. That works. But trying to incorporate Silver into the team in the same episode as the introduction of the MegaZord? No that’s just too much. And that leads to the biggest problem I had with you trying to incorporate silver: the fact that the episode wasn’t about him. You had all this build up, even through this episode, of “we need a silver ranger.” Yet in this episode, you failed to show that they needed him at all. He barely fought. When he did, he never used any of his finishing attacks or even power shift with the other Rangers. And he doesn’t have the Goujyuujin yet. He was completely pointless and superfluous. What you proved is that the Rangers DON’T need a Silver Ranger. You should have made this the MegaZord episode. Then have the reveal of the Silver Ranger somewhere within the next two episodes when you can focus on him. For instance, you had the perfect set up with the new enemies you’re going to be bringing in and the projects the empire are working on. It would have been perfect to introduce all of that and have that lay waste to the Rangers, prompting them to seek out he-who-holds-the-silver-key. Then it becomes, “Face it guys, to stop this new threat… you need me.” The short of it is that, in my opinion, you tried to do too much within the confines of one episode.

Power Rangers: Relic Hunters – Episode 9 : Fast Times at Angel Grove High

Judge 1 – I'm...not sure how to react to this one. This has to be the most random episode of any Power Rangers series I've ever seen, canon or fanmade. That said, the references were awesome, the nostalgia was awesome, and the focus of Mitu and Jana was great! Also, my memory of the character from Ronin Legends is sketchy...was Yokai always such a Deadpool wannabe? Either way, this episode was hilarious and while it didnt seem to advance the overarching story much (was kinda hoping the Zordon energy would be a Lights of Orion-esque powerup) it was stull great fun to read, and I look forward to the next episode!

Judge 2 – This was very interesting. Jana and Mitu get a spotlight for once. I laughed so much in this installment, especially with Sexton. I am looking forward to the next installment. Keep up the good work.

Judge 3 – Definitely your best episode yet. Absolutely won my heart.

Judge 4 – The only negative thing I can say about this episode is… what was the point? I mean, it was well written. The cameos were great. The fact that you focus each of your episodes on one or two Rangers is definitely your strength and carries through this episode. But again, what was the point? Of all your episodes thus far, this one felt the most disconnected from the main story.

Power Rangers: The Corsair Project – Episode 9 : The Heir's Riches

Judge 1 – Great episode guys! I will say that the Simia being Juno thing was kind of obvious from the first set of Juno flashbacks she had, but it was still built up nicely. I liked how Kratos is really learning to be a hero and how he and Mack bonded in the cave. More and more returning rangers are great to see, and I liked the little hint about not being able to find an MMPR ranger. I'm sure that will come into play later ; ) Keep up the great work!

Judge 2 – Nice job using the Overdrive Rangers. Poor Juno. I liked how you gave the villains a little win with this. Keep up the good work.

Judge 3 – You managed to take a shitty season and pull off a great "tribute episode". Be proud of your accomplishments.

Judge 4 – Do I really need to write comments at this point?

Question
08-08-2013, 02:29 AM
You know, I like to think I've been charitable with not bitching as much as I did last time around, but one thing I feel needs to be pointed out.

Power Rangers: Relic Hunters – Episode 9 : Fast Times at Angel Grove High

Judge 1 – ...and while it didnt seem to advance the overarching story much

Judge 4 – The only negative thing I can say about this episode is… what was the point? I mean, it was well written. The cameos were great. The fact that you focus each of your episodes on one or two Rangers is definitely your strength and carries through this episode. But again, what was the point? Of all your episodes thus far, this one felt the most disconnected from the main story.

So did you guys just ignore how we revealed the identity of one of our biggest villains and, in doing so, are building a continuity that includes our previous entry?

Sometimes, worldbuilding can be a point. Not everything has to move the narrative forward, especially since most of our episodes have been less about plot (seriously, I think the Empire is mentioned in, like, half-ish) and more about "hey, this would be cool!".

Just saying.

GoldPhoenixRanger
08-08-2013, 02:37 PM
Question,

Upon review by the two judges above, they realized that you are completely right about the reveal of ZORG. The offending judges screwed up and forgot who he even was, either because of time between episodes or simply due to bad memory. That was their bad, and they apologize for the mistake, and rescind the above comments in regards to lack of plot development and relevance of the episode.

They apologize

~ The RangerVision Judging Comittee

GoldPhoenixRanger
08-23-2013, 01:57 PM
Ok everyone! I apologize for the lateness of these scores, but Judge 3 had some unavoidable real life stuff happening, so I was trying to give him time to get the scores done. Unfortunately, real life had to take precedence, so this weeks scores are an average of three judges scores, rather than four. That said, here are the scores!

EPISODE 10

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb316/GPRanger/Episode10Scores2013_zps3a1e7b5a.png

Power Rangers: Unleashed – Episode 10 : Power in Pink

Judge 1 – This was a great episode, far better than the last. I liked the focus on the backstory of the Pink ranger, and how we learn to understand her pain. Bringing back the insult monster from Samurai was a brilliant way to have that pain used against her in battle. I look forward to seeing the resolution of this battle, which I assume will involve the badass return of the Silver Ranger. Keep up the good work!

Judge 2 – Oh man, I can’t wait to find out what happens next to the rangers and to Drake. I’m sure he’ll come back to the team.

Judge 3 – N/A

Judge 4 – Much better. This episode was well written and seemed thought out. And it’s Part One of a Two Parter! I look forward to seeing how this story arc ends!

Power Rangers: Relic Hunters – Episode 10 : What Price Fame?

Judge 1 – This. Was. AWESOME! I loved this chapter, between the fake out broadcast, the silver ranger, and learning some more backstory, everything as great. By far however, the best part was Nerox at the circus. Keep up the amazing work guys!

Judge 2 – I really enjoyed this installment and especially with the Silver Ranger. Keep up the good work.

Judge 3 – N/A

Judge 4 – This was genuinely a good episode. The Silver Ranger reveal was well done. Would have had more impact if I knew who Captain Jack Tengu was, but well done nonetheless.

Power Rangers: The Corsair Project – Episode 10 : Maid of Silver: Part 1

Judge 1 – This was a great episode guys! It was full of action and excitement, plus a ton of past ranger cameos. The fight scene did feel like it dragged on a bit, but that likely because it took me a minute to pick up on the monsters theme, so that's my own fault. The cliffhanger was well executed and enjoyable, and I look forward to the next episode and Juno becoming the Silver Ranger!!

Judge 2 – How exciting! I can’t wait for next episode.

Judge 3 - N/A

Judge 4 – If I could give you more than 5 points, I would. Best episode yet. Truly Power Rangers and Super Sentai worthy. I’m on pins and needles waiting for Part 2!

Question
08-23-2013, 02:12 PM
Would have had more impact if I knew who Captain Jack Tengu was, but well done nonetheless.

http://i1294.photobucket.com/albums/b612/prrelichunters/cott_zpsb428e4e5.jpg

:(

GoldPhoenixRanger
09-03-2013, 11:59 AM
I just want to preface this weeks scores by letting you know that due to Judge 3 continuing to deal with some real life stuff, this weeks scores are once again based on scores from three judges instead of four. Next scoring week we will be back up to our full four judges. Thank You.

EPISODE 11

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb316/GPRanger/Episode11Scores2013_zps19a2b245.png

Power Rangers: Unleashed – Episode 11 : Power in Pink: Part II

Judge 1 – I'm not sure what to say about this episode. The action was very good, and the rangers all getting sixth ranger keys was awesome as well. However, the android twist ala Mack was a unexpected surprise and given that it has happened already, doesn't seem all that original. That said, you handled the revelation of her being an android far better than Overdrive did and the way the rangers reacted to it worked well. I will also add that the Pink Ranger seemed to do way too much damage to the Blizkon and the bad guys too easily. Kind of made them look like chumps. Also, Serpen suddenly trying to help the rangers came straight the hell out of nowhere with no buildup, though I can't decide if this is a good thing or a bad thing. I do however look forward to seeing where this goes and I do hope that in future episodes you will slow down and allow us to really take in what is going on, instead of trying to cram so much into one episode.

Judge 2 – Nice work. Keep up the great work on this story.

Judge 3 – N/A

Judge 4 – Have to admit, kind of disappointing. Was expecting silver to come back. Kinda anti-climactic if you ask me. Also felt kinda rushed.

Power Rangers: Relic Hunters – Episode 11 : Ménage à Trois

Judge 1 – That episode was the best yet, by far! I love how the rangers seemed totally screwed but still came out on top, and how Montana finally realized that telling the truth was the best option, and used it to outsmart Tengu. Also, I feel like I now need to see a full music video of Emperor Nerox's BFF song. The development of the rangers from pirates and criminals into heroes is going awesomely, and I look forward to reading more! Also, hiatus joke for the win!

Judge 2 – Nice episode. Can’t wait to find out what happens to Emperor Nerox. You guys can make me laugh, thanks.

Judge 3 – N/A

Judge 4 – That was a good episode. It'll be interesting to see what Jack Tengu does with the Leviathan.

Power Rangers: The Corsair Project – Episode 11 : Maid of Silver: Part II

Judge 1 – Amazing episode guys! Tommy beginning to realize the truth about C-Bone, Juno joining the team like a badass, Vorgazu sacrificing himself to save Nautilus, and the Empress' impending arrival, everything is just awesome! Plus, another Zordon cameo to save Kratos, and the return of the Dragonzord and Megadragonzord! I am SO psyched to see where this leads next and look forward to your next chapter!

Judge 2 – How very exciting. Keep up the good work.

Judge 3 – N/A

Judge 4 – Man I wish I could see this on TV. I got all misty-eyed with the MegaDragonZord. Also, nice touch with the Sentai Names. The only reason I docked you guys a touch was because of the few mis-spellings and missing words. Normally I wouldn’t care, but you guys have set your own bar very high and, as a judge, I’m holding you to that bar.

FangZeronos
09-03-2013, 12:19 PM
Can I ask what exactly the judges do not like so I know what to work on? If one of the judges could kindly PM me with what I'm doing wrong, I'd much appreciate it.

Raging Phoenix
09-05-2013, 06:50 AM
It would appear the Leaderboard is not the correct scores. It seems it's actually the week's average rounded down to 2 decimals, rather than the total score of all submissions so far.

GoldPhoenixRanger
09-05-2013, 07:42 AM
Crap! Thanks Rage, that was my mistake. I keep a column with the actual averages before I round them down for the weeks scores, and I accidentally kept that column instead of the Leaderboard scores. I'll fix it right now!

EDIT: The correct Leaderboard scores are now posted.

-GPR

GoldPhoenixRanger
09-08-2013, 05:50 AM
Well, well, well. What have we here? ....

It's a SURPRISE!

This one is to be included in Episode 13 which is due September 21st, 2013 at 7pm Eastern.

In this episode, the rangers must travel to an ALTERNATE UNIVERSE that has been previously established in PR Lore but that has not previously appeared in your season. You can decide how many of the rangers travel to this alternate universe but at least HALF of the episode must occur there.

Some suggestions for types of alternate universes:

MMPR: The Movie
Ninja Storm: Episode 30: The Wild Wipeout
Power Rangers: RPM
Super Sentai

Good Luck!

GoldPhoenixRanger
09-16-2013, 04:29 PM
EPISODE 12

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb316/GPRanger/Episode12Scores2013_zpsc8d11e87.png

Power Rangers: Unleashed – Episode 12 : Sting of Silver

Judge 1 – Good solid episode here. It seemed like it was a little too easy to get Drake to join the team, but April's speech was very good. I like "Silver Shift" a lot, and also the fact that the villains are just straight up overpowering the rangers. I look forward to next week's episode in Angel Grove, which I presume ties into the surprise. Keep up the good work!

Judge 2 – Your story is very interesting, and I like how you have made a “cliffhanger” into the next episode which holds the bonus. I gave you a 4.5 instead of a 5 because, although I liked this installment very much, it needed to have more action and fighting involved.

Judge 3 – I haven’t said this yet but I think one of your strong points is how you have your characters interact, and that definitely shined this chapter. I have an idea of where you’re going with that ending but I look forward to see what you have under your sleeve.

Judge 4 – This episode was one of your shorter ones. I was hoping it would be at least a third longer, but given your situation, this episode was well done. Also, clever way of integrating a set up for using our “surprise” for next episode. My only advice to you is to elongate your episodes. Make them at least a half length longer than they currently are. Given your current situation, that might be difficult, but if you can work it out, the extra length will slow things down and even out the pacing, I think. Your episodes, while fairly well thought out, feel rushed and, I believe, that’s due to the fast pacing of your episodes. The fast pacing is due, in part, to the relative shortness of your episodes compared to your competitors. Increase the length, slow your pacing, and then you can tell your story without making it a marathon.

Power Rangers: Relic Hunters – Episode 12 : Anywhere But Here

Judge 1 – Well, that was....interesting. I liked the usage of multiple alternate reality characters and how Sexton kind of went nuts. It was fun to see Hexagon, at least for a short while, and giving Tengu the specs for the armor that way was genius! I'm really psyched to see what Nerox does now that he knows that Eugenie and Azazel have been plotting against him. I look forward to next week's episode!

Judge 2 – This was an awesome installment. There were a lot of funny bits to it. Sexton is still my favorite character, even though he is messed up in the head.

Judge 3 – Another beautiful episode from you guys. Love the dynamic between Sexton and Jana. Also wonderful to see Tommy and Trini back.

Judge 4 – Generally a well written episode. Have to admit, didn’t see Sexton turning on the Rangers coming. Nice twist. Also, nice to see some serious plot progression what with Jack acquiring the blueprints for Gold Mode and Nerox aware that nobody likes him. Keep up the good work.

Power Rangers: The Corsair Project – Episode 12 : Out of the Deep

Judge 1 – This was a great episode! Lightspeed is one of my favorite seasons, and one that is underrated in my opinion, so I was glad to see them return. The character development for Juno was excellent, and I look forward to seeing who the other two generals of the Empress are. I also really liked Ramzak and his wrestling references, though he didn't seem to use any in the latter battle or the Megazord fight. Keep up the great work guys!

Judge 2 – I like the name, Jokerface for the one villain. Suits the villain well. This was a great installment. Can’t wait for the next one.

Judge 3 – Once again you manage to pull off an excellent tribute episode. Dana and Ryan were wonderful choices to bring back and I’m also happy you added in a Titanium Ranger key.

Judge 4 – You guys continue to impress with just about everything. Your pacing is spot on. Your attention to detail is staggering. And your ability to properly and thoroughly develop every aspect of a character puts Hollywood to shame. The only complaint I have is one I’ve had since Episode 1 and that’s the length. I think your episodes are a tad on the long side. Having said that, your strengths balance out the length as it keeps me hooked in and interested and the pacing keeps me from tiring out. Keep up the great work!

Shadow Ranger
10-05-2013, 07:12 AM
While GPR posted something in the Shoutbox, I felt an official post in the forum was warranted. On behalf of the TPIY Judging Committee, I would like to apologize to all of our entrants for the tardiness of the scores. As was mentioned by GPR in the Shoutbox, we all forgot this past weekend was a scoring weekend. Well all of us except one. The one man that always has his scores in on time despite the fact that he's never around anymore (due to work and real life). And that man is Alpha Council Member Mikey. Thanks for being consistent man!

Scores should be up by the end of the night tonight.

Question
10-05-2013, 09:38 AM
HAHAHA

GoldPhoenixRanger
10-06-2013, 06:49 AM
As a note, this weeks scores are based on three judges, due to one judge dealing with real life priorities. Also, remember that this week's Leaderboard includes the extra points awarded for this week's surprise!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

EPISODE 13

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb316/GPRanger/Episode13Scores2013_zps4ae614cd.png

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb316/GPRanger/Surprise3-AlternateDimension_zps9763b837.png

Power Rangers: Unleashed – Episode 13 : Scattered Dimensions

Judge 1 – This was a good episode, and I liked the team-up, but I had a hard time discerning exactly what alternate universe the female team was from. Since it mentioned the Rangers being villains, I assume it was the alternate world from Ninja Storm, but then the team was really nice and helped them, so it didn't match up. Overall though I really enjoyed that alternate team and I hope they show up again in some way, and the interaction between the teams was well done. Keep up the good work!

Judge 2 – Wow! That was a great installment. I really enjoyed it.

Judge 3 – N/A

Judge 4 – Very well done Fang. The extended length, as I predicted, evened out the pacing of the story. You had good character development and interaction with this episode. And you used the alternate reality surprise. However, we did explicitly say that to earn the full five points, you had to use an alternate reality that had already been established in Power Rangers Canon… which you did not do. That’s the only reason I didn’t give you the full five for the surprise. Also, I think this story would have been better done as a two-parter or multi-parter. While extending the length of your episode made it quite a bit better than your other episodes, as I alluded to earlier in the comments, I think the sheer amount of plot you had to get through to confine this story to one episode partially negated what you gained from the length extension. Still, I enjoyed your episode. Also, an entirely female Gokai team with some lesbian relationships? You stole my idea! *hangs head*

Power Rangers: Relic Hunters – Episode 13 : The Madthumbs Falcon

Judge 1 – That was amazing. I can't even describe how awesome that series of events was, from Sexton being an asshole, to the Lord of Tears being power hungry, to Tengu being Tengu, and most importantly the Nerox sitcom. This episode was hilarious and fun, as well as advanced the story. Keep up the great work guys!

Judge 2 – The story was very amusing and funny. Keep up the good work.

Judge 3 – N/A

Judge 4 – This one was a fun episode. Fairly well written, as usual. Pacing, as always, was pretty spot on. Kinda disappointed you guys didn’t go for the bonus. My only complaint is that, as with some of your recent episodes, this one doesn’t seem to fit in or really go anywhere. It’s just kinda there. Yeah it continued some continuing plot lines and developed some characters, but when you look at it with the rest of the episodes, it doesn’t seem to really connect. I’ve felt the same way about some of your other recent episodes as well. It could be that your style of storytelling just doesn’t work for me, but I’m finding your overarching story a bit tough to follow because often times it feels like there isn’t one. Still, as an independent episode/story, this one, like all the rest you have done, is superb on its own.

Power Rangers: The Corsair Project – Episode 13 : Magic In the Forest

Judge 1 – This was a great episode guys! I loved the use of the Mystic Force team as well as the relationship formed between Juno and Jenji. Dan and Marie's relationship is coming along nicely, and you finally admitted that C-Bone is Billy despite the rest of us knowing that like 5 episodes ago :P. I also really liked the way you introduced the Legacy MegaBattle Armor and how it seemed to fit Juno's character perfectly. Keep up the great work you guys!

Judge 2 – I really enjoyed this installment. Your story is so good. I can’t wait for the next installment.

Judge 3– N/A

Judge 4 – Well that was… long. But enjoyable. And about damn time with the Billy reveal. Also, enough with the cocktease! Let Dan and Marie get it on already! But seriously great work, good long term tension. Maybe a little too long. Great choice for an alternate reality and great way to work it in to the story.

FangZeronos
10-06-2013, 06:56 AM
As a note, this weeks scores are based on three judges, due to one judge dealing with real life priorities. Also, remember that this week's Leaderboard includes the extra points awarded for this week's surprise!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

EPISODE 13

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb316/GPRanger/Episode13Scores2013_zps4ae614cd.png

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb316/GPRanger/Surprise3-AlternateDimension_zps9763b837.png

Power Rangers: Unleashed – Episode 13 : Scattered Dimensions

Judge 1 – This was a good episode, and I liked the team-up, but I had a hard time discerning exactly what alternate universe the female team was from. Since it mentioned the Rangers being villains, I assume it was the alternate world from Ninja Storm, but then the team was really nice and helped them, so it didn't match up. Overall though I really enjoyed that alternate team and I hope they show up again in some way, and the interaction between the teams was well done. Keep up the good work!

Judge 2 – Wow! That was a great installment. I really enjoyed it.

Judge 3 – N/A

Judge 4 – Very well done Fang. The extended length, as I predicted, evened out the pacing of the story. You had good character development and interaction with this episode. And you used the alternate reality surprise. However, we did explicitly say that to earn the full five points, you had to use an alternate reality that had already been established in Power Rangers Canon… which you did not do. That’s the only reason I didn’t give you the full five for the surprise. Also, I think this story would have been better done as a two-parter or multi-parter. While extending the length of your episode made it quite a bit better than your other episodes, as I alluded to earlier in the comments, I think the sheer amount of plot you had to get through to confine this story to one episode partially negated what you gained from the length extension. Still, I enjoyed your episode. Also, an entirely female Gokai team with some lesbian relationships? You stole my idea! *hangs head*

You guys said I didn't say what alternate reality it was. In Episode 12's cliffhanger, I had one of the Rangers mention it was Angel Grove. I was more using the Movie's reality, and it shows with the more armored suits, an Alpha unit, plus an Eltarian. So it was stated in passing.

I don't want to sound like I'm bitching. I really don't. I'm just pointing out that it was established as Angel Grove at the end of Chapter 12...

Question
10-06-2013, 07:30 AM
Well I *do* want to sound like I'm bitching.

My only complaint is that, as with some of your recent episodes, this one doesn’t seem to fit in or really go anywhere. It’s just kinda there. Yeah it continued some continuing plot lines and developed some characters, but when you look at it with the rest of the episodes, it doesn’t seem to really connect.

"I see exactly how it fits in but it doesn't seem to fit in."

I don't even really care that we're losing. We don't bother with the bonuses unless they fit the story anyway and we're choosing specifically not to pander to anyone because we are in love with our series and what other people think matters less than the fact that we love writing with one another, but shit like this really grinds my bacon.

GoldPhoenixRanger
10-15-2013, 07:48 AM
EPISODE 14

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb316/GPRanger/Episode14Scores2013_zpsf9507b28.png

Power Rangers: Unleashed – Episode 14 : Atonement

Judge 1 – Wow....just...wow. I am literally speechless right now. That episode was amazing. I will say it seemed like a lot was happening, but even so it worked well as it kept the audience off balance and not knowing what to expect next. Finally learning the true backstory of most of the main characters, lots of deaths both on screen and off, and the eminent destruction of Earth were all well done. That said, Artemis being killed off screen and Andrea suddenly being alive then dead seemed to come out of nowhere. It was just hard to follow one or two things because so much was going on. Regardless, this series just kicked into high gear and I hope it stays there into the finale. This was by far your best episode yet, and I look forward to seeing where it goes from here!

Judge 2 – This installment was pretty good. I would have liked more back story with Drancon and Serpen and more back story with the five years previous. Other than that, pretty good story.

Judge 3 – No Comments

Judge 4 – Well that was… unexpected. I have to admit, that was well written and a decent length. Probably my favorite episode of yours to date. Comments are short this episode as there wasn’t much to say. Great work!

Power Rangers: Relic Hunters – Episode 14 : Pai Zhuq Hustle

Judge 1 – I liked this episode a lot. RJ was an awesome addition and mixing in the origins of the SPD enemies powers was a great idea. The crazy humor was spot on as always, especially the boxing match, and I cracked up at the end when I realized that I too had forgotten about the monster attacking the city. I'm intrigued by the mysterious figure in blue who called them in to save the day at the academy, but I'm sure we'll find out more about him later. Keep up the great work!

Judge 2 – This installment was interesting. I just like how it’s so out there but yet VERY enjoyable to read. Keep up the good work.

Judge 3 – No Comments

Judge 4 – Won’t bore you with the usual of pacing, writing, etc. You know you do all that well. Kinda interested in who this new guy is with the blue mobirate and how the Rangers deal with this bounty hunter. Nice work.

Power Rangers: The Corsair Project – Episode 14 : Alliances

Judge 1 – Amazing episode you guys! I loved the way you connected all the Ninja rangers / characters together and used them to free Billy. The little in jokes, like the "hot warrior babe" and "Ninjakon" were awesome, and there was just the right balance of humor and drama to make the episode work. Having the Empress finally arrive means the remaining episodes should be amazing. I look forward to Dr. K being reunited with the Ranger Series Operators soon. The final run of episodes is here you guys, so keep up the great work!

Judge 2 – Great installment. You really do have an interesting story here. Can’t wait for more.

Judge 3 – No Comments

Judge 4 – What can I say? You guys are AWESOME! Give me MOAR!! I can’t say anything bad about this episode. I think it would have been kinda cool if you had included a member of the Second Half Morphin’ Season 2 Team show up, like say… Rocky? I know you were doing a Kakuranger/Hurricanger Focused episode, but it just struck me as odd that you would do a Ninjor episode without any of the Rangers he actually gave powers to. Technically you had Tommy and Billy, but still. Ah it is what it is. Great work once again!

GoldPhoenixRanger
10-27-2013, 07:49 PM
Hey guys!

Scores for this week are in the works and will be up in the next day or two. In the meantime though....It's time for a Surprise!!

This surprise is to be included in Episode 17 which is due Saturday, November 16th 2013 at 7pm EST.

For this Surprise, we will be celebrating 20 Years of Power Rangers by giving attention to it's "contemporaries". Your episode must feature an appearance by one or more characters from a Non-PR Saban OR Disney Live Action Property. You can just make this a cameo, work them into the plot of the entire episode, or anything in between. The character(s) can be from Television or Film properties and we've included some suggestions below (though you may of course choose one not on this list):

SABAN
Beetleborgs
VR Troopers
Mystic Knights of Tir Na Nog
Masked Rider / Kamen Rider: Dragon Knight (The latter isn't Saban but we'll allow it)

DISNEY
Tron
Pirates of the Caribbean
Sky High
Chronicles of Narnia

NOTE: Marvel and Star Wars are OFF LIMITS so Don't Even Think About It! :P

Good Luck!!

P.S. - Fair Warning for this one...the Final Surprise is going to be due with Episode 19. More on that later.

Question
10-29-2013, 06:46 AM
Can we get retroactive points for already using Les Fortunes?

Blue Buster
10-29-2013, 06:59 AM
A team up with That's so Raven!

She senses their arrival, hijinks ensue. And also a little lesbian action.

:thumbsup:

Question
10-29-2013, 07:11 AM
We already have someone that can see the future! It's seamless!

Please ignore my last request for retroactive points. I have the best idea now.

It is not Raven.

LuigiEspadachin
10-29-2013, 07:20 AM
*makes notes, flees*

Blue Buster
10-29-2013, 12:32 PM
And of course no saban property world team up would be complete without:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PQhNt0vYPY

GoldPhoenixRanger
10-30-2013, 01:34 PM
EPISODE 15

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb316/GPRanger/Episode15Scores2013_zpsbf692138.png

Power Rangers: Unleashed – Episode 15 : Rookie of the Year

Judge 1 – This was an interesting, if short episode. It gave us some useful exposition on both the demise of the other ranger team, and the relationships of the villains too. It seems like every villain on that ship should be trying to kill each other by now, and it'll be interesting to see if that comes to pass. I did like the emotion being displayed, although the random calling of women sluts and skanks seemed unnecessary. Overall I'd say this was a good episode, and I look forward to next week!

Judge 2 – Wow! That was unexpected. I didn’t see that one coming. I can’t wait for the next part. Keep up the good work.

Judge 3 – No Comments

Judge 4 – Very nicely done! Way to keep the tension and threat level up throughout the entire episode. That’s not an easy thing to do right and you did it right. And another cliffhanger to boot! My only complaint is the several mis-spellings and wrong words littered throughout the episode. Aside from that, great job!

Power Rangers: Relic Hunters – Episode 15 : Fathers and Sons

Judge 1 – This was a very unique episode and I liked it a lot. I had trouble following it in a couple places, but it was straightforward enough that I understood what was going on enough to enjoy it. I liked the revelation about Montana and how we're seeing that he actually has feelings and a past rather than just being an asshole pirate. Also, seriously, an entire episode featuring the Classmaster and no one mentions that he's "the galaxy's greatest gentleman"? Regardless, I like where the story is headed and I look forward to the next episode!

Judge 2 – This was an okay installment. It wasn’t as funny as the rest of the installments I read, but still keep up the good work.

Judge 3 – No Comments

Judge 4 – That was outstanding. Ranger-centric and totally has everything to do with the over-arching story. Great character development all around. A little disappointed we didn’t get more of “How Will They Attempt To Kill Nerox This Week?”, but it’s a good thing you didn’t further that this week. To be honest, as much as I like that story arc, it was beginning to get ridiculous. I do look forward to seeing how that particular arc ends in the coming episodes though.

Power Rangers: The Corsair Project – Episode 15 : The Apprentice

Judge 1 – This episode was awesome you guys! I loved that Billy was able to get involved, the MegaForce Rangers had a great showing despite the season not being over yet, and we had some major villain development to boot. I am SO psyched to see where this goes in the remaining episodes. Keep up the great work you guys!

Judge 2 – Wow! Very interesting. Can’t wait until the next installment.

Judge 3 – No Comments

Judge 4 – I am constantly amazed at how well you know the established Power Ranger characters and ‘worlds.’ This was another great episode from you guys. I loved every minute of it. Keep up the great work! By the way, you may want to consider at least one more read through of your episode before posting it next time as there were a few spelling errors and an incomplete sentence or two.

Sabbatical
10-31-2013, 02:38 AM
Your episode must feature an appearance by one or more characters from a Non-PR Saban OR Disney Live Action Property.

First person to use Zack Ryder gets a cookie!

*WWE Saturday Morning Slam was co-created by Saban so it works.*

GoldPhoenixRanger
11-13-2013, 09:33 AM
EPISODE 16

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb316/GPRanger/Episode16Scores2013_zpsfd97e6b8.png

Power Rangers: Unleashed – Episode 16 : Black and White

Judge 1 – This was a pretty good episode, with a lot of action and emotion. I liked the rangers dedication to getting Demi back while at the same time Destiny remembering what made her a ranger in the first place and showing up to save the day. Also the Psycho Ranger s' cameo came out of nowhere but was cool to see. Having a cliffhanger here was an interesting choice, but effective as I now want to see how the battle is going to end. Keep up the good work!

Judge 2 – Oh wow, this was an incredible installment. I fully enjoyed it and loved the fight scenes. I liked how you brought back the Psycho Rangers, even if it was for one fight. Great job. Keep up the good work.

Judge 3 – No Comments

Judge 4 – Very well done. I was kinda disappointed you just punked out Furyblaze like that having Demi kill him by sucking out all his blood. Also, in my opinion, the resolution of Destiny’s dilemma was kinda quick. But overall not bad.

Power Rangers: Relic Hunters – Episode 16 : And Then She Walked In

Judge 1 – This was a very interesting episode from you guys, I must say. I really like the way you used Mitu's Triforian forms to structure the episode and connect parts of it together. As always, the Nerox/villain parts of the episode were amazing and hilarious, and the music choices perfect as always. Should be fun to see them try to imprison Nerox in the Rita Dumpster considering it couldn't even hold her, and Nerox seems far more powerful. Overall this was a fun episode and one that I really enjoyed, and I'm looking forward to next time!

Judge 2 – Again, a very enjoyable installment. Keep up the good work.

Judge 3 – No Comments

Judge 4 – That was, like most of your episodes, out of nowhere. However, it was well thought out. It was clever using Mitu’s Triforian heritage as a focal point of the plot. Good work.

Power Rangers: The Corsair Project – Episode 16 : Fossil Fuels

Judge 1 – This was a good episode. It was good to see the MMPR and Dino Thunder rangers together and interacting. The fights were good, and the banishment of Medd works to mode him aside to presumably become the final villain to defeat at the end. Giving Tommy and Billy a chance to see their teammates was fun and the Pink Ranger team up was great to see by turning the meme on its head. It did seem to me that there was a LOT going on in this episode, and because of that not everything got the attention it should. You had the Pink Ranger plot, the assassination plot, fan service for two ranger teams, and the banishment of Medd and further development of the villains.

Judge 2 – I enjoyed this installment. I liked how Dan said ‘it's all the same spandex’ I was laughing my behind off.

Judge 3 – No Comments

Judge 4 – Seeing Kat and Kim fight side-by-side is a fan’s dream. Great job pulling that off. Also, once again, great character arc for Marie. I’m loving that you’re respecting each of your main Rangers by providing them their own character arcs. If I had one criticism it would be that I felt that the Leviathan’s fight with Blood Knight was way too short. I mean, he was picked to assassinate Divatox so he must be pretty high up there on the skill tree, but he just got totally owned by the Leviathan Zord. Really anticlimactic. Lastly, great job on the proofreading. Can’t wait for the next episode!

GoldPhoenixRanger
11-26-2013, 08:45 AM
Ok, so there will be a bit of a hold up for part of this week's scores. One of the judges forgot to score the Surprise, so as a result I'm going to post the main scores and comments for the episode, along with the Leaderboard calculated as it stands. Once I have the final surprise scores, I will post that chart with an updated Leaderboard. Sorry for the inconvenience!

EPISODE 17

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb316/GPRanger/Episode17Scores2013_zps1aa1cd7d.png

Power Rangers: Unleashed – Episode 17 : Keys Unbound

Judge 1 – This was a great episode. While I'll admit using Demi's daughter to free her from the spell was cheezy, it had an old school PR feel to it and was a nice touch. You took Dhampin out of the picture nicely and are really ramping us up for the final battle. I will say it seemed like the whole thing was a little rushed, but with the final coming up it's understandable that it would have to be. I look forward to seeing what you come up with!

Judge 2 – I really am intrigued with this story. I thought it was incredible how you brought the Power Ranger world and the Big Bad Beetleborg world together. The real reason giving a 5 was the storyline and where it is going. I am intrigued to find out what Dimas is going to do, and the power of family was really “Power Ranger-y” (if that’s even a word…lol). Anyway keep up the good work and I am looking forward in reading your next installment.

Judge 3 – No Comments

Judge 4 – Well done. The only issue I had was the fact that this episode felt kinda rushed. Like you were trying to shove a lot into this episode, perhaps more than you should have. The “solution” to Demi’s “problem” felt too easy. There wasn’t much build up and I felt Demi’s time as a villain was way too short. I’m hoping you’ll bring back the Black and White Callers.

Power Rangers: Relic Hunters – Episode 17 : Worlds Enough and Time: Part I

Judge 1 – Ok, that may be one of the greatest things I have ever read. You worked in the surprise perfectly while at the same time providing character development for one of your primary rangers and advancing the plot going into the final few episodes. Air Bud was a stroke of genius and Flabber was a great catalyst for Bruiser to learn a lesson. Also, while not matching the surprise, I now want to see that end scene as Space Jam 2. Keep up the good work and I look forward to finding out where this whole crazy adventure will end up.

Judge 2 – It was a very amusing installment. You guys have a real gift of making people laugh. It really is an enjoyable story. Sexton is still my favorite character. With the story itself, I just love the flow of it because I can get a real clear image of the scene and what’s happening all around. I hope you guys keep up the good work.

Judge 3 – No Comments

Judge 4 – Wow…. Just… wow. This was fun, yet touching. Great work guys.

Power Rangers: The Corsair Project – Episode 17 : The Art of Power

Judge 1 – That was a beautiful episode, much better than the last one. The usage of Jungle Fury and Samurai together worked perfectly, and the final resolution to Connie's character arc was amazingly well done. The pure emotion from Connie, especially with regards to the visits to her sisters' grave, was intense and the music just made it all the more so. That said, you forgot to put in a "Music Cue" for Beauty from Pain as you did for the first song, and as a result I had to Google the first part of the lyrics to find out what song it was. The cameos were very well done, with the VR Troopers fitting in perfectly, and the WITCH and Aslan cameos being worked in very cleverly (though Aslan felt a little shoehorned in, he still worked). Overall this was an amazing episode and I am psyched to see where the season goes from here!

Judge 2 – What an excellent installment. I fully enjoyed that and let me tell you guys are good at writing a story. I am so intrigued with this story. Yes, I keep using intrigued. It’s the word of the day..lol. Anyway, keep up the good work and I can’t wait to see what happens next.

Judge 3 – No Comments.

Judge 4 – Great job with this episode. Interesting way of incorporating that surprise. Though I do wish you had done more with them. I do like the inside joke of Tommy being the one to call up the VR Troopers though. Also, am I the only who wants to see Reveana vs Connie committed to film?

LuigiEspadachin
12-05-2013, 12:22 AM
You guys said we'd get the next surprise for Episode 19. Any idea when we'll get told of that, closer to the time or over the hiatus?

GoldPhoenixRanger
12-05-2013, 07:11 PM
Ah, a valid point Luigi. I meant to post that once Episode 18 was submitted, so thank you for reminding me!

So, with that reminder, it's time for the final Surprise of the competition!

This surprise was specifically saved for the end of the season as it should (hopefully) fit in with the first part of a season finale (or a pre-finale episode depending on your structure.) This should also be one of the simplest surprises to work in, compared to some of the others.

To put it simply, for this episode the Rangers MAY NOT USE THEIR POWERS. Before anyone nitpicks, this means both their normal powers and the previous ranger powers they have access to.

With that said, we aren't totally heartless. As it has been known to happen in PR in the past, you are permitted to have the Rangers use their (Gokai) Weapons and Zords if you can come up with a way for them to access these things without their powers.

As a reminder, this surprise is due with Episode 19, which is due Saturday, January 4th, 2014 at 7pm EST.

This should make some of these second-to-last episodes VERY interesting and we look forward to reading them!

LuigiEspadachin
12-05-2013, 09:01 PM
When you say Gokai Weapons and Zords, would this count original fic created weapons too like a battilizer? (Since we introduced a battilizer and might want to find a way to use a battilizer unmorphed.) Also, in our episode 18 we did some modifications to Titanus to enable him to be used as a Corsair zord. Would he count as a Gokai Zord or will it just be the zords from Gokaiger?

Question
12-06-2013, 10:57 AM
I laughed.

GoldPhoenixRanger
12-06-2013, 02:45 PM
When you say Gokai Weapons and Zords, would this count original fic created weapons too like a battilizer? (Since we introduced a battilizer and might want to find a way to use a battilizer unmorphed.) Also, in our episode 18 we did some modifications to Titanus to enable him to be used as a Corsair zord. Would he count as a Gokai Zord or will it just be the zords from Gokaiger?

Alright, valid questions...

A) If you can come up with a way for him to summon and use the battelizer without powers that makes sense, then you can use it. Just remember that in the 20 Year history of PR, no ranger has ever used a battelizer unmorphed. Also, given that is is a battelizer, it might also be logical that using said device would take a toll on said ranger due to the lack of powers to protect him, though that is of course up to you.

B) As the judges have yet to read Episode 18, we will just say this. If the zord requires a key (other then a Gokai Key) to summon, then it is off limits. If however, it is an independent zord that is in the full control of the rangers without the need for a key, then it it allowed.

Question
12-07-2013, 09:21 AM
Perhaps next time, instead of making these surprises, you could just list some 'extras' at the beginning of the contest and let the writers utilize them whenever. Like if one of them is 'no powers', we could choose to do them for episode 2 or episode 16 or whatever.

This would eliminate my personal frustration that, twice in this TPIY and at least once in the first one, these surprises are things we've already done. Do a Disney/Saban character cameo? Les Fortunes was one of our villains! Don't use your powers? Fine, you didn't read 18 yet, but Awesome's Eleven(ish) -our fifth episode - was a bank robbery with no powers!

Can we just get retroactive points?

GoldPhoenixRanger
12-08-2013, 01:25 PM
Perhaps next time, instead of making these surprises, you could just list some 'extras' at the beginning of the contest and let the writers utilize them whenever. Like if one of them is 'no powers', we could choose to do them for episode 2 or episode 16 or whatever.

This would eliminate my personal frustration that, twice in this TPIY and at least once in the first one, these surprises are things we've already done. Do a Disney/Saban character cameo? Les Fortunes was one of our villains! Don't use your powers? Fine, you didn't read 18 yet, but Awesome's Eleven(ish) -our fifth episode - was a bank robbery with no powers!

Can we just get retroactive points?

That's....actually an awesome idea, and also keeps the judges on their toes as we have to then be vigilant to watch for when optional items are used. Different things can even be worth different point values! Thanks for the great idea Question, this is definitely under consideration for Season 3 (whenever that happens) and I'm going to strongly push for the idea.

As for retroactive points, I'll talk to the other judges.

-GPR

Ultimate Mikey
12-10-2013, 12:09 PM
I really like that idea as well and as for retroactive points, I'm all for that as well.

Shadow Ranger
12-31-2013, 07:05 AM
Hey Guys,

Just wanted to throw out an apology for not having scores yet. They're waiting on my scores and Christmas time is the busiest time of the year where I work so I haven't really had the time or energy to read and score. I do now and scores will be forthcoming. I hope your holidays have been and continue to be happy!

--KRD

GoldPhoenixRanger
12-31-2013, 07:37 AM
Hey Guys,

Just wanted to throw out an apology for not having scores yet. They're waiting on my scores and Christmas time is the busiest time of the year where I work so I haven't really had the time or energy to read and score. I do now and scores will be forthcoming. I hope your holidays have been and continue to be happy!

--KRD

Yeah, sorry for missing the Monday goal guys, I had hoped to have these up today but circumstances didn't permit due to KRD's schedule. As soon as I have his scores, I'll make sure I get them up post haste.

-GPR

GoldPhoenixRanger
01-04-2014, 01:35 PM
Ok, once again I'm sorry for the delay, but here are the scores for Episode 18!!

EPISODE 18

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb316/GPRanger/Episode18Scores2013_zps832af8c1.png

Power Rangers: Unleashed – Episode 18: Fear and Business in Pan Central

Judge 1 – This was an amazing episode, and really like how the finale is shaping up! I get the feeling that Dimas isn't truly gone, and that he might be the one to save the day. I also love how you upped the stakes by getting Selena involved. This should be one explosive finale to a great season.

Judge 2 – This was a fascinating installment. I fully enjoyed it; especially the “villain of the week” or should I say “bi-week.” I can’t wait to read your two part finale. Keep up the great work and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Judge 3 – N/A

Judge 4 – N/A

Power Rangers: Relic Hunters – Episode 18: Captured Ghosts

Judge 1 – I'm...really not sure what to say here. This was a very unique episode both with the complete villain focus and the whole existential world of Eugenie and Zorg. I'm psyched to see where this goes for the finish and how Eugenie and Zorg's true selves affect the battle. I forsee a massive fight between Zorg and Azazel for Eugenie/Dayu's affections, leaving Nerox to fight the rangers. Should be a whole lot of fun and awesome!

Judge 2 – Very interesting. I just love the story and how it’s going. Keep up the great work. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Judge 3 – N/A

Judge 4 – N/A

Power Rangers: The Corsair Project – Episode 18: At What Cost

Judge 1 – This was a VERY well done episode. The tension was kept up through the whole episode, and the twists and turns were shocking. One thing I will point out is it seemed odd that they shrugged off the missing RPM rangers only to freak out about them a few paragraphs later (when K realized they were missing). Bit of a contradiction there. Either way, I am SO psyched for the finale of the series, as I know it's going to be awesome.

Judge 2 – This was a great installment. I loved how Medd backstabbed them all. You guys write real well. Well keep up the good work and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Judge 3 – N/A

Judge 4 – N/A

GoldPhoenixRanger
01-15-2014, 05:42 PM
EPISODE 19

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb316/GPRanger/Episode19Scores2013_zps48b6796a.png

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb316/GPRanger/Episode19Scores2013_zps48b6796a.png

Power Rangers: Unleashed – Episode 19: Ghosts

Judge 1 – Ok, wow. Shit just got real, and fast. I give you credit for destroying the Earth because I did NOT see that one coming. I liked how you worked in the lack of powers and the villains using the keys in a way that made for some awesome battles but still left the clones defeatable. It felt like a bit of a cop out that Drancon just gave them their morphing powers back, but I understand why you did it that way, so it makes sense. I also enjoyed that little preview between episodes 19 and 20 with a good emotional message, and I look forward to seeing the explosive finale!!

Judge 2 – This was an action packed installment. I am a little confused as to how they went from fighting to being on the Galleon. All in all that was a great episode. Very Power Ranger-y for an ending or close to an ending. I am looking forward to your confusing on this fan fiction and it was great that you made clones of different rangers. Keep up the good work and I hope your holidays went well.

Judge 3 – N/A

Judge 4 – The only thing I really have to say about this is that I was a little disappointed in how you worked in the fighting with no powers. It felt a touch shoe-horned in, but I guess that's why some people don't always go for the "surprises." On the flip side, I'm happy to see that you, at least, went for it. Good job!

Power Rangers: Relic Hunters – Episode 19: Judgment Daze

Judge 1 – That was a great episode!! It was a bit of an exposition dump, but in a season where the story is episodic with only a few slight threads here and there connecting them, figuring out an overall crisis to end it all must have been hard. I love how you tied all the past events of the Relic Hunters into this final "fight" if you will, and how it's almost more of an introspective look at themselves as much as it is a fight to save existence as we know it. I'm sad to see Nerox go, but at least we know he's still alive in that dumpster somewhere and can be brought back later. Finally, I just want to say that Skull Skullovitch: Time Traveling Attorney needs to be a series, as it is an amazing concept. At any rate, I am psyched for your finale and look forward to seeing how this all wraps up!

Judge 2 – This is a fascinating story. Sexton is still my favorite character. I thought it was interesting how Azazel trapped Nerox in Rita’s dumpster. That was very cleaver using a reference like that. I can’t wait until the ending. I hope you all had a great holiday.

Judge 3 – N/A

Judge 4 – A little disappointed, but not all that surprised, that you didn't go for the "surprise." Still, this one was a great episode. And now the entire season makes sense to me. Have to say... didn't see that coming. Great work as always!

Power Rangers: The Corsair Project – Episode 19: Day of the Rangers: Part I

Judge 1 – That was really an amazing episode, although it did seem like a lot was crammed into it. Between the right for Corinth, the destruction of Medd, the introduction of the Thunder Force rangers, and the preparations' for the final battle, the action was nonstop and at times a bit overwhelming. That said, it worked wonders in expressing how close to the end we are and how big of a battle this is going to be. I am incredibly psyched for the final battle and to see where the season ends!

Judge 2 – This was an incredible installment. I loved how Mama D used the Venjix virus to make rangers. I am really going to miss Medd…not! I loved how he was destroyed. Keep up the great work and hope you all had a great holiday.

Judge 3 – N/A

Judge 4 – Have to say, I'm quite disappointed that you guys didn't go for the "surprise." Especially after you told us you had a perfect set-up for it.... which you did. However, I understand why you didn't. You would have had to change the complexion of the entire episode to fit that in. While you're writing technique, character development, and action are all great, I think this episode and the previous episode shows that your pacing wasn't quite right for the series as a whole. I think perhaps devoting each episode to only one team of rangers probably wasn't the best pacing strategy given the amount of episodes you had to work with and it showed with your last two episodes here. Still, it was a great episode and I look forward to seeing how it ends!

GoldPhoenixRanger
02-07-2014, 04:02 PM
EPISODE 20

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb316/GPRanger/Episode20Scores2014_zps4499417a.png
NOTE: The Leaderboard Score for Relic Hunters should be 103.6 instead of 103.8.

Power Rangers: Unleashed – Episode 20: The Night of Destruction

Judge 1 – I have to say, I felt like this finale was a bit rushed. While it accomplished what it set out to do, it seemed like it was just trying to wrap everything up without a sense of how climactic the battle was. I do admire that you chose not to have some Deus Ex Machina bring Earth back from destruction, which was original and unexpected, but overall I feel like this finale just fell flat.

Judge 2 – It could have been a little better of an ending, but it was good to say the least. The defeat of Drancon was cool, using the Deletion Keys against him. I really didn’t care for the little cliff hanger at the end where they go off and defeat the rest of the Empire. You should have incorporate that in your finale to make the story end well. To me it was another “to be continue” like what happened with the end of Turbo and of course Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. Again, it was a great story and I enjoyed it very much, except for the end, but nice story.

Judge 3 – N/A

Judge 4 – I have to admit, this episode was a bit of a disappointment. For a finale, this episode was lacking. It felt like a standard episode. Your strength has always been the embodiment of the Physicality of being a Power Ranger, the sacrifices one makes when becoming a Power Ranger, and this episode certainly delivers on that. But it fails to deliver any emotional conclusion to the story. This episode, more than any other, didn’t allow us to live with the Rangers, to understand them, to care. It was all action with almost no breaks. What it felt like to me was that you were rushing to end the story. I think if you had planned the story better, the finale wouldn’t have been as rushed. This episode is a good episode. It’s just not a good finale episode.

Power Rangers: Relic Hunters – Episode 20: Source of Power

Judge 1 – This may be one of the greatest things I have ever read. You guys wrote an amazing finale that truly defined what it is to be an episode of Power Rangers. The heart of both the fandom and the show itself come through here in spades, and I legitimately started tearing up at the scene where Zedd explained his intentions and gave MMPR their powers back, as well as the scene when Bulk, Skull, and Spike get to help their heroes at last. This is truly a deserving finale that brings together everything in the season and ends it with a heartfelt and emotional punch...IN THE JUNK!

Judge 2 – This was a great ending to a fantastic story. You guys are the masters at making me laugh. I fully enjoyed the whole thing from start to ending. Some stuff in the whole story didn’t make sense but it didn’t have to. The ending was just perfect. Thanks again for an awesome story.

Judge 3 – N/A

Judge 4 – This was your best episode, by far. With this episode and the last episode, I finally understood your story and I have to say, I’m impressed. You guys have shown that you know Power Rangers in a way many people don’t. You know what drives the Rangers. You know why they do what they do. In short, your story embodies the Heart of a Ranger. That’s very difficult to do and I have to say you guys pulled it off beautifully. Your strength has always been your characters. You have very strong characters, richly and fully developed throughout your story. It is quite impressive to behold. And because you’ve developed your characters so well, you’ve made us care about them to the point that the emotional moments are that much more emotional. This last episode illustrates that the best. Also, this episode shows that you know the established characters of the Power Rangers franchise. You know how they think, how they act, and where their natural evolution would be. To the point that you can use that knowledge and the nostalgia of the characters to pull even more emotion from your story. This episode is truly a sight to behold. Saban wishes his writers were as gifted as you, for if they were, Power Rangers would be one of the best shows on TV right now. Great finale!

Power Rangers: The Corsair Project – Episode 20: Day of the Rangers - Part II

Judge 1 – I'm very torn about this finale. It seems to me like you ran out of episodes to do everything you wanted to, and so what would probably have been better as a three part finale, ended up crammed into two. While the story was well done, and there were some awesome scenes, like the mentors becoming rangers to help the team, there were a lot of things that didn't work. Chief among them is the resurrection of Zordon. I don't disagree with the action of doing so, but I feel like the fact that you outright said several episodes ago that there WAS another way for him to come back kind of gave away what was going to happen and made it a lot less special. This should have been a big cliffhanger ending of part two with the rangers morphers and keys destroyed and all hope looking lost. The opening of part three would then have been the Zordon resurrection. This scene itself would have worked better if they thought Zordon was lost to them after the failed attempt, and just happened to put the artifacts on the table at which point the scene commences. Also, there were a few too many direct references to previous events in PR which, while cool, overwhelmed the scene with nostalgia which prevented some scenes from standing on their own.

I will however say that it was still awesome in the end, and that the music cues were a big help in setting the right moods for many of the scenes, and added ambiance to the finale that helped it feel more real. Overall, it was a great finale to an amazing season, that just had some development problems. Also, holy hell that epilogue was longer than the one from Return of the goddamn King :P

Judge 2 – What an incredible ending. I fully enjoyed the morph sequence. This was truly a great story using the past rangers and past villains together. This was very creative and the story was great.

Judge 3 – N/A

Judge 4 – This was generally a good episode. You guys really know your Power Rangers and you know how to write. You know Power Rangers so well, that your story has embodied the Spirit of a Ranger and that has always been your strength. Also, the music cues were appropriate. What really hurt your score for this final episode was your over-reliance on nostalgia. While the references were well done and, admittedly, a joy to see, the fact that you had so many of them in this one episode and the fact that so many former Rangers were used solely for the references didn’t sit well with me. Also, the way you handled Zordon’s return left a lot to be desired. The fact that you outright told us he was coming back the previous episode completely killed the impact of his return. Zordon’s return should be a momentous occasion that you don’t see coming. You had the perfect set up what with the failure to bring him back earlier in the season and the Rangers losing their powers. I think it would have worked better if you hadn’t told us he was coming back and let us believe he wasn’t coming back. Then you do the whole ritual to restore the Corsair Powers and fix the base, but still no Zordon. Commence with the war, THEN Zordon strides out onto the battlefield. Talk about EPIC. But that’s not all. What you did with him AFTER you brought him back made me go, “Really?” You did almost nothing with him. He barely fought at all. You turned him into a narrative device for the story, which was pretty much what he was in the show. Did you really need to give him a body for that? Even Gandalf in Lord of the Rings, who was used as a large narrative device for the movie, still kicked all kinds of ass. While still a great episode, I think this one was one of your weaker episodes.

Shadow Ranger
02-16-2014, 04:31 AM
All of the Overall Scores and Comments have now been submitted. They should be up along with the Final Tally of all scores by the end of the day. Thanks for your patience! Also, I can't wait to see who won this. It should be close!

GoldPhoenixRanger
02-16-2014, 11:18 AM
Hello Entrants!

I want to start off by thanking everyone to entered the contest, and congratulating our three finalists!! This competition was fierce and all three seasons were expertly done. There were many times where the judges fought over which episode was better on a given week, and others where we agreed, but each episode was crafted by writers who cared greatly about their stories and their characters, and it showed. If anyone would like to further discuss their seasons with the judges, please feel free to contact us via PM and we will be more than happy to share more of our opinions to help you better understand any of our scores and comments.

On behalf of all the judges, I just want to say that we all enjoyed getting to go along on this adventure with you guys, and we hope you will all return to compete in TPIY Season 3, which I will announce now, barring any drastic changes of opinion, will feature the Go-Busters! It will be several months before another season is launched, but we will be sure to post a full announcement and make everyone aware when we are ready to kick it off!

Now, without further adieu, I give you the Final Scores for Season 2 of RangerVision's The Power Is Yours Contest!!

GoldPhoenixRanger
Ultimate Mikey
Red Buster
Kamen Rider Decade
and formerly Orangefalcon

FINAL SCORES

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb316/GPRanger/FinalScores2013-14_zps1105be6d.png

**NOTE: Judge 3 combined his comments for the finale with his comments on the seasons overall**

POWER RANGERS: UNLEASHED

Judge 1 – You did a great job all season long Fang. Despite being the underdog due to working alone, you stood your ground and even won top episode on several different weeks. The season was intense, capturing the action and tragedy of a more realistic Power Rangers, one where you feel the pain they go through every battle. You threw in twists that I never saw coming, and didn't hesitate to use controversial scenes, even when they sometimes didn't work as well as you intended. Your character development was really well done and I enjoyed following the rangers on their journey and experiencing the roller coaster of emotions that they went through. You proved you have what it takes to hang with the big boys, despite the initial doubts some of us had. I hope to see you back for next season, as I get the feeling there is more villainy out there for the rangers to fight!

Judge 2 – FangRX the story was great. It had a lot of action and a lot of cool bad ass villains. I gave you a 23 out of 25 because there were some shaky parts to the story, but overall it was a good story. Like I said before the ending could have been a little bit better but all in all a good story.

Judge 3 – Although I felt the last chapter was a little short for the finale, it did not disappoint. It’s pretty amazing how far you’ve come since the contest first started. Although the main story is over, I appreciate you left off on a sort of cliffhanger. I get the feeling that things aren’t completely over, and you’ve set a possible sequel into motion. All in all, your story embodied all the aspects of what makes Power Rangers…Power Rangers. Proud of you, dude!

Judge 4 –I’d like to start this off by saying you should be proud of what you’ve accomplished with Unleashed. Throughout this competition, we’ve seen the evolution and growth of your writing. While you are certainly a much better writer now than you were at the beginning of the competition, it’s safe to say you have much further to go. The physical writing is only one aspect of crafting a story. It’s the one aspect you’ve done well with. Your problem, in my opinion, lay with your planning and execution. Your story was a great one, but I think you tried to do too much. You had so many ideas and concepts, but didn’t really have the space to properly execute them. You tried to squeeze them in to the time and space allotted and that made your story feel rushed. You didn’t give enough time in your story to properly explore and develop those ideas. Also, while twists and turns keep readers on their toes, too many twists and turns in too short a time leaves them scratching their heads. Along with that is the magnitude of your twists and turns. Your twists and turns were not small by any means and because of that, the sheer number you had during the course of the story left me with “WTF Overload,” as I’ll call it. Having said that, I’m glad you stuck it out until the end. You clearly have a passion for writing and I hope you do continue to write.

POWER RANGERS: RELIC HUNTERS

Judge 1 – I don't know what to say that hasn't already been said. I will admit here and now that Relic Hunters is my favorite of the three seasons, and for good reason. You guys understand what makes Power Rangers the show and emotional experience that it is for true fans like us, and that shines through in each episodes. You developed a ragtag band of pirates into true heroes while making us laugh, cry, and think a little more about ourselves along the way. I may have gotten a little lost in some episodes, but it always came back to the rangers and their friendship, which conquered all. This is truly an epic sight to behold, and a rightful heir to the throne of the Ronin Legends! I look forward to the continuation of your world and the discovery of what's to come next season.

Judge 2 – Question and the Rockettes I gave you a 23 out of 25 because it was a great story. I thought some parts of the story were hilarious. You guys sure know how to make someone laugh. By far Sexton was my favorite character. I also how you incorporated some of the past villains and past Power Rangers into the story.

Judge 3 – It was dramatic and bizarre, basically the entire essence of your whole story. The best part was Air Bud transforming into the White Ranger. Everything was wrapped up nice and neat, and it did not disappoint. Although I don’t think this would ever work as a children’s television show, you guys wrote a story you wanted to tell for others to enjoy, and you accomplished that, and I respect the hell out of it.

Judge 4 – Once I read your finale and understood your story, I must say it’s very well written with lots of subtlety and nuance. However, I believe that was your greatest weakness. Your story was designed for a reader with a level of understanding and reasoning higher than your average Power Ranger fan. Personally, I did not understand your story at all until your last two episodes (and until I spoke with one of you). Your individual episodes, as I have said throughout this entire competition, were strong. I just didn’t understand how they fit together. I will say this, however: you have the strongest developed characters of the three remaining entrants. That fact alone made each of your episodes a joy to read on their own. Your stories for the individual episodes were superbly crafted and your ongoing story thread with the villains kept me coming back. It might be just personal preference, but if you had connected your episodes together better to show that they were part of an interconnected whole, your season would have been a sight to behold. Still, you all did a fantastic job!

POWER RANGERS: THE CORSAIR PROJECT

Judge 1 – Ah, Corsair. If there were ever a story that truly felt like a real Power Rangers season, this is it. Every in joke, every reference, every character cameo made this one of the best PR team up seasons I've ever seen. Seeing our favorite characters return and work with this amazing new team was a treat, and the characterization of the new rangers was well done. Kratos story really tied the whole season together, and using Divatox as a mentor and her mother as the Empress added a whole new dimension to intrigue to the story. The team of mentors working together was a perfect combination which worked wonders to bring back that nostalgic feeling and create a PR adventure like we've never seen before! While some episodes had issues of dragging on, and the ending became a little rushed and crammed, it was still a great season and I hope to see some cameos in the next season of TPIY!

Judge 2 – Locusts of Awesomeness this was the utmost, brilliant stories I have ever read. I was glued to my chair the whole time reading this. I enjoyed how you brought back every single ranger and brought back villains from the past as well. It was well thought up and enjoyable to read.

Judge 3 – You guys have continued to do great work throughout this contest, and by no surprise your finale hit it home. The only complaint I have is that it felt like it should have been split into two parts instead of one, as there was a lot going on the whole time. Despite that, you made it work. Your story focused on the nostalgia, dare I say in a better way than was done with Gokaiger. It’s everything you’d want in an anniversary series: action, old faces, and an exciting storyline. Great job to all of you.

Judge 4 – I really enjoyed your story. It was well written and the characters were, for the most part, spot on. You developed the Corsair Rangers nicely with relatively good pacing. That is… until the last few episodes. It felt, to me, like as the end drew near, you were rushing to fit in all the cameos and that’s never a good thing. I think if you had planned it out better, like maybe dispensed with some of the cameos or combined them with other teams throughout the story, the pacing would have been consistent through to the end. The one thing that really hurt you and that caused me to knock a point off the overall is, as I mentioned in my comments for your final episode, the fact that you gave away that Zordon was coming back two episodes before the finale. If you had not revealed that Zordon could, in fact, still return, it would have given the finale that much more of a punch. Also, the fact that you brought Zordon back and did almost nothing with him was pretty anti-climactic. Having said that, I’ve given you my highest rating because you have proved that Power Rangers can still be PG and be good. Great job overall!