PDA

View Full Version : RangerVision Gets DINO CHARGED!!

GoldPhoenixRanger
12-02-2014, 01:35 PM
Attention Members!

If you haven't already, please check out this informative video about the Future of RangerVision

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kESO5QPMxHc

As mentioned in the video, you should use the next two weeks to save any threads you want to have in the future.

I realize many of you may want to save entire threads, so here's the easiest way to do that:

Step 1 - Pick a thread you want to save. I'll use your current RPG as an example. - http://www.rangervision.com/showthread.php?25444

Step 2 - At the top of the first post, click "Thread Tools" and then click "Show Printable Version". It will then look like this - http://www.rangervision.com/printthread.php?t=25444

Step 3 - Near the bottom of this page, on the right side should be a link you can click to display more posts on one page. It will say something like "Show 40 Post(s) on this page". Clicking this will put the most posts possible on one page.

Step 4 - Highlight all the posts on the first page, copy them, and paste them into Microsoft Word, Notepad, or another document creator.

Step 5 - Repeat this for each page in the thread.

Zordon's Boy
12-04-2014, 04:07 PM
Will users be deleted?

Zordon's Boy
12-05-2014, 05:13 AM
Hm, I got an email that there was a reply but I don't see it...

Red Buster
12-05-2014, 05:28 AM
The reply was deleted for some reason but don't fear, I can read it!

"No, all user accounts will remain active the same as they are now, the only difference will be that most of the posts/threads will be done, and thus post counts will be affected."

We're not in the business of deleting people here. :)

Zordon's Boy
12-05-2014, 05:32 AM
Okay, thanks. The email told me what it said but when I didn't see it I thought maybe it was the wrong answer. Lol.

GoldPhoenixRanger
12-05-2014, 06:51 AM
The reply was deleted intentionally because I was informed by Beet Buster that my information might not be accurate. I need to talk to Kurama first as, from a technical standpoint, it might not be feasible to keep the accounts active if we're wiping the entire board.

Please disregard Red Buster's above message until further notice, and I apologize to all members for any confusion

Zordon's Boy
12-05-2014, 07:15 AM
Okay, thanks for the update!

Red Buster
12-05-2014, 08:35 AM
Sorry about that Zordon's Boy! Didn't mean to completely mislead you there. Although we don't intentionally delete people, I stand by that!

Raging Phoenix
12-05-2014, 09:20 AM
As most people don't actually watch the video (I know I didn't for quite a while), here's the short version:

- Board closes December 15th. A time was mentioned, but I forgot.

- Board reopens February 15th at midnight, so 12 hours before Dino Charge premiers. Something with Timezones, but also when is digital shit actually working as intended right when you boot it up the first time. Let's assume you can possibly post before it airs.

- Board will be wiped, possibly along with all accounts (but keep your knickers on, the last part is not CNFRMD, much like Half-Life 3)

- Media Masters will most likely be shut down entirely, because it didn't work. Something else will take it's place.

- News about what will be new will be forthcoming. Check all the Facebook and Twitter and Tumbler and Google+ (for the 3 people who use that) and YouTube and Hyves and MySpace and Yahoo and local noticeboard for updates.

- Raging Phoenix stepped down (*single tear*) due to board inactivity and having better things to do and GoseiManta will do a lot of stuff but won't be staff but sort of will, sort of. HOORAY!

- Dino Charged is a thing

Question
12-05-2014, 09:28 AM
You should just shut down the board and restart it as a Girl Meets World fansite. I wouldn't say no to modding a Girl Meets World fansite.

Gerbil
12-05-2014, 09:32 AM
Anime.

Question
12-05-2014, 09:39 AM
That's like Japanese Looney Tunes, right?

Gerbil
12-05-2014, 09:48 AM
GoseiManta will do a lot of stuff

That's a felony in like nine states.

Question
12-05-2014, 09:52 AM
Can the new board have a section devoted solely to dissecting the scene from Wheels of Destruction (PRLR Episode 6) where Carter is genuinely confused by the very concept of motorcycles?

Gerbil
12-05-2014, 09:53 AM
Can the new board have a section devoted solely to dissecting the scene from Wheels of Destruction (PRLR Episode 6) where Carter is genuinely confused by the very concept of motorcycles?

It can replace the Media Masters section and have different individual forums for each act of the episode.

Question
12-05-2014, 09:53 AM
Also a different section for each motorcycle.

Gerbil
12-05-2014, 09:54 AM
Also handy tutorial sticky threads explaining motorcycles to the userbase so they'll be ready to partake in the cornucopia of threads.

Question
12-05-2014, 09:55 AM
And each thread should have a custom rating, ranging from "Wow, what are these?" to "Flagrantly sexually harassing the inventor".

Gerbil
12-05-2014, 09:59 AM
We will also have a podcast that is a single minute of Linkara's dissertation on PRU demonology playing on loop, but only once a month (and if you believe).

Zordon's Boy
12-05-2014, 09:59 AM
There are some strange people here... I'm looking forward to getting back into this community.

I actually watched the video... after silently complaining that I had to sit through a 15 minute google+ hangout. Very informative, though!

Question
12-05-2014, 10:01 AM
Also we will set the word filters to replace every instance of 'Linkara' with 'Fandango Jenkins, Master of Oz'.

Gerbil
12-05-2014, 10:02 AM
No but seriously why is this happening?

Question
12-05-2014, 10:03 AM
You'll have to ask Fandango Jenkins, Master of Oz.

Raging Phoenix
12-05-2014, 10:42 AM
Information is forthcoming (TM)

Also, because the site is dead.

Also, because from past experience we all know rebooting boards where everything is wiped or put into archives works very well for gaining a bigger community.

Also, because the last reboot didn't quite reboot the way rebooting was supposed to reboot. Reboot.

Tiger Lily
12-05-2014, 11:32 AM
There maybe some strange people on here, but some of them are my friends...

Zordon's Boy
12-05-2014, 12:35 PM
He's dead serious. It's all in the video.

Question
12-05-2014, 04:05 PM
People barely remember the board is here now. They're sure as hell not going to remember to check back in two months.

Question
12-05-2014, 04:06 PM
Oh shit, I have like ten days to make four hundred posts. Then the board dies and I will have both the highest post count and highest reputation. Expect a shit ton of spamming and double posts.

Question
12-05-2014, 04:07 PM
Also triple posts.

Gerbil
12-05-2014, 04:10 PM
Information is forthcoming (TM)

Also, because the site is dead.

Also, because from past experience we all know rebooting boards where everything is wiped or put into archives works very well for gaining a bigger community.

Also, because the last reboot didn't quite reboot the way rebooting was supposed to reboot. Reboot.

Anime.