PDA

View Full Version : RangerVision's 'The Power is Yours!' Contest Information Thread

Orangefalcon
08-16-2010, 05:18 PM
Rangertalk’s “The Power is Yours” Contest

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p91/orangefalcon/PowerisYours.jpg

*amazing banner made by GoldPhoenixRanger*

Can’t wait till Saban’s version of Shinkenger premieres? Wondering how the new season will turn out? Rejoicing at the return of Saban and the announcement of a 40 episode season?

Well, here’s your turn to make it happen!

Welcome to Rangertalk’s First ever “The Power is Yours” Contest! Yes. It is a chance for you, the member of an online power ranger fan forum, to design a season and present it for everyone else to enjoy.

The Sign-Up Thread can be found here - http://www.rangertalk.com/showthread.php?t=13400

The Procedure:
• Member(s) will sign up either individually or as a team to enter the contest. We strongly encourage teams to make things easier.

• Each Team will have 1 – 6 members and will have a unique name

• There will be a one week sign up period, after which the contest will begin

• The teams will each be required to submit their team names and names of the members in their team within the sign-up period.

• Once the contest starts, each week, the participating team will have to post their episode in a Fanfiction style.

• Over a period of 20 weeks, 20 episodes are expected to be posted by the participants, one per week.

• Upon completion of the season finale, the judges will tally up all the scores for the 20 weeks and will then announce the winners on the day the new Power Rangers season actually premieres on Nickelodeon.

Sign-Up Requirements:

• The team members must all be members of Rangertalk

• The teams will have to submit a 50 – 200 word summary of how they are planning the season. The summary can describe the whole season, or it can just be discrete and only release minute details of how the season will progress. It is entirely up to the team as to how they plan the season

• The summary is optional. If a team wishes to submit one, they may

• The participating teams will also have to create a submit a name for their season ("Power Rangers __________")

• Throughout the contest, the team members must log onto RangerTalk at least once a week.

The Rules:

• The Members will have to sign up to enter the contest within the one week sign up period, and upon sign up must provide the requirements above (season name and summary) as well as a list of members in that team.

• Each participating team will have to mandatorily submit an episode every week once the contest begins.

• Addition or removal of members within each participating team will not be permitted during the period of the contest, barring extreme circumstances which will be reviewed on a case by case basis.

• IMPORTANT – Each season created must use the Suits, Zords, and Weapons of Samurai Sentai Shinkenger. The season does NOT need to be samurai themed however.

• The final judging decisions lay with the council of judges. Any discrepancies, queries, comments or suggestions should be addressed to them directly via PM or e-mail

• Failure of any participating team to post a weekly episode during the contest (without explicit permission from the judges) will result in automatic expulsion from the contest

• All normal Rangertalk forum rules apply to this contest

Additional Information / Notes:

• It is advisable to have a least 2 members in a participating team. If one member is unable to be online during a week in the contest, the other member can fill in for him/her

• The Participating teams may utilize the Interactive Zone sub-forum to promote their seasons using Videos, pictures, sneak peeks, previews, banners and/or external forums (posting such through links only on Rangertalk)

• Each episode will be posted in a fanfiction style. This can be in script format or in 1st, 2nd, or 3rd person novel format. There is no restriction on the method it is presented in.

• The episodes don’t necessarily need to be of a particular length, providing they aren’t extremely short.

• Only the Suits, Weapons and Zords need to be canon with Samurai Sentai Shinkenger. Everything else from allies, villains to episodes and shodophones don’t need to be used necessarily.

• Team-ups and cameo entries from power rangers of past seasons can be done. The more exciting and unexpected the season is, the more exciting it will be to read.

• Each Team is allowed one beta for the duration of the contest. The beta however can be changed after informing the council of judges.

Beta:

• To a fan-fiction author, a beta is a spelling and grammar checker, one who gives ideas, reviews their work for them and acts as a semi-author.

• In this case, a beta will be given the privilege of helping the participating team write their work, spell-check it for them and in some case even bring the team a bonus or two.

• Betas can be changed over the period of the contest provided the change is confirmed by the council of judges.

• It isn’t necessary for every team to have a beta. Having a Beta is optional

Judging:

• Judging will be performed by a Council of Judges, consisting of specific staff members of Rangertalk

• The Council of Judges consist of Orangefalcon, GoldPhoenixRanger, White Time Ranger
and ForeverBlue

• Judging will take place in 21 stages (20 weekly episode judging’s, and the final overall judging)

• Once an episode is released by all the participating teams each week, the council of judges will each rate each episode on a scale of 1- 5, and thus each episode will receive a score out of a total of 25 for that week.

• The scores will be totaled up week-by-week and the final score will be released after the posting of the season finale (on the day the actual season premieres on Nickelodeon.

Surprises:

• To keep the participants on their toes, surprises will be announced throughout the season.

• Surprises can range from something minor (such as incorporation of new weaponry into a specific episode by all the participants) to more moderate things (such as episode themes, team-ups, extra time to post episodes) to something major (such as extension of the total number of episodes).

• In some cases bonuses will be offered to participating teams. These bonuses will appear only twice throughout the contest, and the team is allowed to utilize the bonus only once. These bonuses can be anything….well, anything – good that is.

• Incorporation of surprises into the episodes gives the team bonus points, but the lack of including a bonus will not cost the team any regular points. So, in case it is too late for a team to edit their episode for the week to add an announced surprise, they will not lose any normal points, but they will not be eligible for bonus points.

Prizes:

• 1st Place / Grand Prize:

- The season thread as a global announcement for one month

- A banner made for the winning team which will act as a link to the season thread of the winner, carried in GoldPhoenixRanger’s signature space for a period of one month

- The title of RT “The Power is yours” Season 1 first place winner

• 2nd Place / Runner Up Prize:

- The season thread stickied in the RT Competition Island Sub-forum for one month

- A banner made for the runner-up team which will act as a link to the season thread of the winner, carried in Orangefalcon’s signature space for a period of one month

- The title of RT “The Power is yours” Season 1 second place winner

Toolkit:

given below is a toolkit of pics which will explain the basic thingsthe participants have to use in their seasons mandatorily:

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p91/orangefalcon/disks.jpg

(In clockwise motion – left to right- )
we have the first cluster, the special moves disks, each color disk used by their respective colored ranger to do their special moves

Cluster II, the origami disks. Orange = Kabuto Origami, Cyan = Kajiki Origami, White = Tora Origami, Dark Red = Kyoryuu Origami, Red = Ushi Origami. Each disk is used to summon that Origami (zord). These Zords are secondary zords. They can be summoned by any ranger if required.

Cluster III, (from left to right)
The Disk that powers the mouryu bazooka
The super shinkenger power up disk
The basic disk used by each ranger to summon their weapons

Cluster IV, (from left to right)
The disk used to summon the Ebi Origami (used by Gold Ranger)
The disk used by the gold ranger
The disk used to summon the Ika Origami (used by gold ranger)

Picture II

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p91/orangefalcon/weapons.jpg

(clockwise from left- to right)
The weapons of the 6 shinkengers
The Blue Ranger’s personal weapon – the Water Arrow
The Pink Ranger’s personal weapon – the Heaven Fan
The Red Ranger’s personal weapon – the Blazing Sword
The Gold Ranger’s personal weapon - the Sakanamaru
The Green Ranger’s personal weapon – the Wood Spear
The Yellow Ranger’s personal weapon – the Land Slicer

Picture III

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p91/orangefalcon/weapons2.jpg

Picture at the top = the shinkenmaru(sword) + the inromaru(device) can combine together to make any shinkenger a super shinkenger

Picture at left bottom = mouryu bazooka

Picture at right bottom = Kyouryuu sword

Kindly refer to www.supersentai.com for more details [U]

-------------------------------------------------------------

The participants must provide their team names and list of members within the team in the [U]Rangertalk's 'The Power is Yours!' Contest sign-up thread (http://www.rangertalk.com/showthread.php?t=13400) which will be separately opened in the RT's Competition Island Sub-Forum

During the sign-up process, each team that submits their summary (optional) and list of members (mandatory) will have a thread created for them within Competition Island. Each week, the episode will have to be posted in the same thread. Banners, videos, sneak peeks and such are also allowed in this thread.

Members are strongly encouraged to think clearly before entering the contest. If a member feels he/she might not be able to do this on his/her own, teaming up with one (or) more members is strongly suggested.

The one week Sign-up period will start on 16th August 2010 at 7:30 am (GMT) and will end on 23rd August 2010 at 7:30 am (GMT)

One week will be given for the participants to write and post their first episode of the season. Time for that starts from 23rd August 2010 at 7:31 am (GMT) till 31st August 2010 at 12:01 am (GMT)

*Please Post Any and All Questions About This Contest In This Thread*

Good luck to all the potential participants and may the power protect you!

~ The “The Power is Yours” Team

---------------------------------------------------------------

Registered Teams

1) The Cult of Sheldon - ImBillPardy, Mr. Kage
http://www.rangertalk.com/showthread.php?t=13404

2) Ronin Legends - Question, Dr. Damien Diabolico, Peanut Brittle http://www.rangertalk.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=13540

3) Two Baritones And That Guy In The Back - Fire Warrior, The Doctor, LuigiEspadachin http://www.rangertalk.com/showthread.php?t=13584

4) Dino Strike- Viper Strike, PurpleDinoRanger
http://www.rangertalk.com/showthread.php?t=13684

5) Betaboy - Beta Ranger
http://www.rangertalk.com/showthread.php?t=13665

Question
08-18-2010, 09:18 AM
So, in theory, if I have some partners but there's a disagreement between writing in prose or teleplay format, would we be marked down for posting different episodes in different formats?

GoldPhoenixRanger
08-19-2010, 08:05 AM
While I have to check with OrangeFalcon to confirm, I don't think changing the format from week to week would be a problem, as long as the episodes are posted on time and are understandable.

-GPR

Shadow Ranger
08-19-2010, 01:04 PM
Ok here's a question I have: The Rules state that we must use Suits, Weapons, and Zords from the show... but does that mean we also have to have the equipment do what they do in the show? For instance, the Origami Discs... can we make up our own power-ups and attacks that use the Discs? Or do we have to use the power-ups and attacks that the Discs provide in the show?

GoldPhoenixRanger
08-19-2010, 02:04 PM
An excellent question Shadow....as far as I know, you merely need to use the physical equipment itself, what it does it up to you. As with Questions inquiry, I will confer with OrangeFalcon for full confirmation.

-GPR

The Doctor
08-19-2010, 03:00 PM
This isn't really something I'm considering seriously, at least not right now, but it occurred to me to ask anyway. What's the verdict on pulling a "Spirit Rangers" type of deal?

GoldPhoenixRanger
08-19-2010, 05:11 PM
You are more then welcome to use Spirit Rangers Doc. As we said, only the suits themselves must be used, who's behind them (if anyone) is up to you!

-GPR

The Doctor
08-19-2010, 05:45 PM
Well I meant more along the lines of using original rangers (i.e. Titanium Ranger in Lightspeed). But okay, that works too lol.

LuigiEspadachin
08-22-2010, 05:03 AM
Here's a question..are we allowed to recreate Shinkenger battle scenes as if our episodes were actually using Shinkenger footage without getting marked down? [Realised I'd posted in the wrong topic]

GoldPhoenixRanger
08-22-2010, 05:39 AM
Sure, no problem Luigi! If real Power Rangers can do it, then so can you, thats the idea! We said that each team had to use the suits, weapons, and zords but we never said teams weren't allowed to use More then that from Shinkenger if they so choose.

-GPR

Orangefalcon
08-22-2010, 08:26 PM
So, in theory, if I have some partners but there's a disagreement between writing in prose or teleplay format, would we be marked down for posting different episodes in different formats?

While I have to check with OrangeFalcon to confirm, I don't think changing the format from week to week would be a problem, as long as the episodes are posted on time and are understandable.

-GPR

You can use whatever format you like. We see the seasons as episodes on TV, so the format is different, but when it comes to writing it obviously changes. As GPR said, the format doesn’t really matter. Change it if you want to, from episode to episode, but I’d suggest you proceed with caution. :)

Ok here's a question I have: The Rules state that we must use Suits, Weapons, and Zords from the show... but does that mean we also have to have the equipment do what they do in the show? For instance, the Origami Discs... can we make up our own power-ups and attacks that use the Discs? Or do we have to use the power-ups and attacks that the Discs provide in the show?

An excellent question Shadow....as far as I know, you merely need to use the physical equipment itself, what it does it up to you. As with Questions inquiry, I will confer with OrangeFalcon for full confirmation.

-GPR

Absolutely. Imagination, innovation are key things here. You can make up zords, weapons and origami disks if you wish. You can put the weapons the Shinkengers use as primary weapons and introduce secondary weapons on your own, put the lion, dragon, bear, monkey and turtle zords as primary zords and introduce secondary ones. It’s your choice.

This isn't really something I'm considering seriously, at least not right now, but it occurred to me to ask anyway. What's the verdict on pulling a "Spirit Rangers" type of deal?

You are more than welcome to use Spirit Rangers Doc. As we said, only the suits themselves must be used, who's behind them (if anyone) is up to you!

-GPR

Usage of the suits is necessary. How you want to use the suits or the background behind them, it’s totally upto you.

Well I meant more along the lines of using original rangers (i.e. Titanium Ranger in Lightspeed). But okay, that works too lol.

You can. I never said that new rangers can’t be introduced. As long as you feel you can carry it off well enough in 20 episodes, go ahead!

Here's a question..are we allowed to recreate Shinkenger battle scenes as if our episodes were actually using Shinkenger footage without getting marked down? [Realised I'd posted in the wrong topic]

Sure, no problem Luigi! If real Power Rangers can do it, then so can you, thats the idea! We said that each team had to use the suits, weapons, and zords but we never said teams weren't allowed to use More then that from Shinkenger if they so choose.

-GPR

Oh yes. Using some of the monsters used in Shinkenger is allowed. But using the monsters with the same plots as used in shinkenger is however not allowed. As long as you are capable of using monsters from shinkenger episodes in different situations, *shrugs* it’s fine.

The Doctor
08-23-2010, 07:30 AM
This is something the just occurred to me. With all the weapons, power-ups, auxiliary zords and zord combination's that are introduced in Shinkenger, wouldn't it be kind of rushed to fit all of that into 20 episodes?

Fire Warrior
08-23-2010, 08:15 AM
To add on to The Doctor's question, can we skip over some of the zord combinations and power ups that were only used a few times in Shinkenger?

GoldPhoenixRanger
08-23-2010, 10:46 AM
I'll check with OF tonight, but I dont think skipping a few is a problem given the expanse of time. The reason we choose 20 episodes is because there are approixmatley 20 weeks between now and Febuary when the actual PR season premires, and so we were hoping to have it done by then. Perhaps however we can expand it depending on when in Feburary the show will premire.

I'll let you guys know what OF says.

-GPR

Orangefalcon
08-23-2010, 02:31 PM
This is something the just occurred to me. With all the weapons, power-ups, auxiliary zords and zord combination's that are introduced in Shinkenger, wouldn't it be kind of rushed to fit all of that into 20 episodes?

To add on to The Doctor's question, can we skip over some of the zord combinations and power ups that were only used a few times in Shinkenger?

I'll check with OF tonight, but I dont think skipping a few is a problem given the expanse of time. The reason we choose 20 episodes is because there are approixmatley 20 weeks between now and Febuary when the actual PR season premires, and so we were hoping to have it done by then. Perhaps however we can expand it depending on when in Feburary the show will premire.

I'll let you guys know what OF says.

-GPR

Thats exactly why I insisted that only the primary zords (lion, dragon, turtle, bear and monkey) be used with the other zords as secondary. It is upto you. If you feel the kajiki, tora, kabuto, ika, ebi, Ushhi and Kyoryuu Origami can be fit into 20 episodes, do it. It is entirely your decision. There are about 7 origami apart from the primary zords. If you feel you can fit all seven, do it. Or choose from the seven and fit them accordingly. OR you can even decide to make origami on your own, not using the seven auxiliary origami at all.

To answer Fire warrior's question, the power ups used in Shinkenger were of course the Super Shinkenger and The power up provided by the kyoryuumaru. It is of course your choice to use those. You can even use your imagination to provide different power ups to different rangers. Like I said it's your choice.

The mandatory things are:

Suits: Red, Blue, Pink, Green, Yellow

Weapons: Red Blazing Sword, Blue Water Arrow, Pink Heaven Fan, Green Wood Spear, Yellow Land Slicer, Gold Sakanamaru(The use of this weapon depends on the existance of the gold ranger, unless you can find other sources of origin for it)

Origami: Shishi(Lion), Ryuu(Dragon), Kame(Turtle), Kame(Bear) and Saru(Monkey),

Disks: The disks for summoning the weapons and doing the primary attacks( Red Fiery Dance, Blue Current Dance and Blue Water Curtain, Pink Heavenly Dance, Green Winter Wind Dance, Yellow Dust Cloud Dance and Yellow Earth Character Slash)

Optional:

Suits: Gold Ranger suit

Weapons: Kyoryuumaru, Inromaru, Mougyuu Bazooka, Gold Sakanamaru, Shodophone

Zords: Ika(Squid), Ebi(Lobster), Kabuto(Beetle), Kajiki(Swordfish), Tora (Tiger), Ushi(Ox) and Kyouryu

Villains and Allies: Princess of Shiba Clan, Her assistant/protector/retainer Tanba, Jii-Chan, The Kuroko, Doukoku, Dayuu, Juuzo, Shitari, Akumaro, The Nanashi Company

-------------------------

And yes, as GPR said the plan was to finish the episodes by the start of Saban's Shinkenger season in February. But if the contestants and members of RT are interested, the episode limit may increase.

The Jester Of Tortuga
08-23-2010, 06:17 PM
the final dates to submit episodes, are they according your timezone or do i do it on my timezone coz i get to the submission day before you do?

Orangefalcon
08-24-2010, 12:48 AM
GMT. The Greenwich Meridian Time.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Sign up is officially closed! If anyone else wishes to get in, PM Me starting right now. No one else will be allowed, so PM me quick and we can talk about it.

The Time for writing episode one is 23rd August 2010 07:30 am GMT to 31st August 12:01 am GMT.

Participants can post their episode anytime in this period. The team which posts outside this period of time will be up for on the spot elimination from the contest, so if you really have a problem PM the judges(preferably send the PM to all the judges) and let us know what the problem us before the time period ends.

Good Luck to all! May The Power Protect You!

The Jester Of Tortuga
08-25-2010, 12:09 AM
Another question, i know im naggy, im sorry!

What will be judged on? Originality? Structure? Characterisation? Do we lose points for typos? etc

GoldPhoenixRanger
08-25-2010, 10:32 AM
Due to the judging team now being reduced to 4, the judging will occur as follows:

Each judge will rate the episode in 5 categories. Each category will be given 1-5 points, for a potential total of 25 per judge, and thus 100 per episode.

I have to confer with OF tonight on the categories, but Spelling and Grammar will definatley be one of them. I'll post the rest later tonight once I confirm them.

-GPR

Question
08-25-2010, 10:36 AM
Can I be the fifth judge?

>>

<<

:D

GoldPhoenixRanger
08-25-2010, 10:52 AM
Somwhow, considering your an entrant, I dont think that would work, lol. Nice try though.

-GPR

Question
08-25-2010, 11:11 AM
I promise to be impartial!

Shadow Ranger
08-25-2010, 12:10 PM
GPR - If you need a Fifth Judge, I'll do it. ;)

Fire Warrior
08-25-2010, 12:28 PM
I promise to be impartial!

You can be a judge...only if you can come up with actual music to your theme song :D

Question
08-25-2010, 12:38 PM
...is humming music?

GoldPhoenixRanger
08-25-2010, 04:12 PM
Ok Folks,

Each episode posted by each team will be rated on a scale of 1 to 5 in each of the following categories by each judge:

Plot - Points in this category are awarded for the basic essence of the episode including the events of the episode, proper pacing, etc.

Characterization - Points in this category are awarded for character development and usage.

Spelling and Grammar – Points in this category are awarded based on the amount of spelling, grammar, and punctuation errors, if any, in the episode.

Originality – Points in this category are awarded based on how unique the episode is, as well as how different it is when compared to Samurai Sentai Shinkenger.

Premiere – Points in this category are earned for posting the episode on time, and for the amount and quality of advertising for said episode (including images, videos, previews, etc.)

Every week, each judge will rate each episode based on these criteria, for a total of 25 points per judge, and thus 100 possible points per episode per team. The final ratings for the season will be the combined weekly ratings, and will be out of a total possible 2000 points (100 per week x 20 episodes).

-GPR

Question
08-26-2010, 01:39 PM
Do we find out our point scores every week, or not until the very end?

GoldPhoenixRanger
08-26-2010, 02:10 PM
Point scores will be posted weekly as they are decided, and the overall scores for the competition will also be recapped each week.

-GPR

The Jester Of Tortuga
08-26-2010, 07:42 PM
Are you open to bribes?

Orangefalcon
08-26-2010, 09:18 PM
nope :)

The Jester Of Tortuga
08-26-2010, 09:27 PM
It was worth a try, and im just double checking but we should probaly put a rating up the top if it contains some things which may offend some people?

Orangefalcon
08-27-2010, 11:35 AM
Yepp. That would be helpful. But do try to keep it clean as much as you can.

Orangefalcon
08-28-2010, 03:18 AM
Hey participants! Heads up! You've all got 102 hours, 15 minutes and 22 seconds (GMT) left to post the first episodes of your reasons. :)

lets all welcome power rangers bushido spirits, power rangers samurai seal, power rangers fallen dreams, power rangers ronin legends and power rangers spirit guardians!

BraveRadin
08-28-2010, 04:09 PM
Just two quick questions:

Do we have to have a Gold Ranger? Just clarifying.

And does their have to be a theme song, because I haven't done one.

The Doctor
08-28-2010, 04:15 PM
I don't think there has to be a theme song PDR. We all just did one cause we felt like it lol.

GoldPhoenixRanger
08-28-2010, 04:23 PM
Just two quick questions:

Do we have to have a Gold Ranger? Just clarifying.

And does their have to be a theme song, because I haven't done one.

As Mr. Orangey stated earlier, teams are NOT required to use the Gold Ranger or anything related to him.

As for the theme song, thats part of advertising and hype and how much of that you want to do is up to you.

-GPR

BraveRadin
08-28-2010, 04:34 PM
Alrighty, thanks.

BraveRadin
08-29-2010, 02:15 PM
We don't need to have the same names for the weapons/zords and stuff right??

GoldPhoenixRanger
08-29-2010, 02:59 PM
No of course not, you can call them whatever you like!

-GPR

BraveRadin
08-29-2010, 03:01 PM
Cool, I just wasn't sure. Thanks.

Orangefalcon
08-30-2010, 02:23 AM
about 32 hours to go for the deadline people! :).

The Jester Of Tortuga
08-30-2010, 07:29 PM
Good luck guys!

Question
09-01-2010, 08:20 AM
So. Deadline passed, right?

(This thread should totes be stickied)

GoldPhoenixRanger
09-01-2010, 08:39 AM
Correct....Scores will be posted as soon as I have them all. Also, there may be a change in the judging panel, we'll keep you updated.

For now, just know that episode two will be due at 12:01am GMT on Tuesday, September 7th. That's 8:01pm EDT on Monday if anyone is wondering.

-GPR

The Jester Of Tortuga
09-01-2010, 08:49 AM
What about my time GPR, that is discrimination, i can see who your favourites are already!

Fire Warrior
09-01-2010, 12:58 PM
...I'm on Central Time dude...

GoldPhoenixRanger
09-01-2010, 01:17 PM
Lol...I used EDT because its MY timezone and because I'm not Tachibana and therefore I can't just start throwing time zone changes out off the top of my head, hehehe,.

However, if you must know, thats:

7:01pm CDT
12:01pm (noon) NZST

-GPR

BraveRadin
09-01-2010, 02:08 PM
Bill, are our timezones the same, or different. I have no idea.

GoldPhoenixRanger
09-01-2010, 02:51 PM
PDR,

If you are in Australia, then your time zone is approximatley 2 hours behind Bill's, as he is in New Zealand.

NZST is equal to GMT +12

However, NSW AEST and QLD AEST are equal to GMT +10.

So therefore, the deadline for you PDR should be 10:01am on Tuesday.

-GPR

Question
09-02-2010, 10:03 AM
This gets so much easier when you just post your stories early.

Cough.

Fire Warrior
09-02-2010, 10:57 AM
What would be the fun in that then?

Brain hemorrhage

BraveRadin
09-02-2010, 05:37 PM
Thanks GPR. I'll be at school on Tuesday, but I'll just post it early.

Question
09-02-2010, 09:30 PM
So. Do we get extra points for always posting our story first? Because that would be awesome.

The Jester Of Tortuga
09-02-2010, 09:54 PM
No you dont, i already tried that angle, so thats why i didnt rush, sorry to burst yoru bubble Question.

But if you like Orangey will give you a magic cookie everytime your the first to post?

Question
09-02-2010, 09:57 PM
I assume it'll work for me because everyone loves me.

Damned if I know why, though. I'm kind of a dick.

The Jester Of Tortuga
09-02-2010, 10:06 PM
Your good looks?

LuigiEspadachin
09-02-2010, 10:59 PM
It's the quality, not the punctuality. :3 Maybe it's an exception if you miss the deadline, but otherwise.

The Jester Of Tortuga
09-02-2010, 11:02 PM
From what i understand if you miss the deadline your eliminated from the compition.

LuigiEspadachin
09-02-2010, 11:05 PM
Yeah, I know, but unless you miss the deadline, in the week you have you should be able to just take your time with it. It's the quality that'll matter. :3

The Jester Of Tortuga
09-02-2010, 11:11 PM
oh yeah totally, but i mean you know Question, thinking hes our new overlord!

And with that being said...

"I, for one, welcome our new overlord"

Fire Warrior
09-02-2010, 11:17 PM
You know, I would say "all hail the hypno-toad", but I don't know if this qualifies as a time to say it.

But yeah, how about the last one to post gets bonus points?

The Jester Of Tortuga
09-02-2010, 11:20 PM
FOR SHAME!

All Glory To The HypnoToad!

I think FW if that was the case i would be set up best,as i have till midday like the day after because of the time difference, god bless this New Zealand, what a shit hole!

Dr. Damian Diabolico
09-02-2010, 11:30 PM
I assume it'll work for me because everyone loves me.

Damned if I know why, though. I'm kind of a dick.

http://art.penny-arcade.com/photos/755055002_pHMxL-L.jpg

Question
09-03-2010, 03:10 AM
Please don't get banned before the contest is over.

Also, lol.

Yeah, I know, but unless you miss the deadline, in the week you have you should be able to just take your time with it. It's the quality that'll matter. :3

My episode (our group's third) is due in a week and a half. It is finished and brilliant.

The Doctor
09-03-2010, 03:30 AM
My episode (our group's third) is due in a week and a half. It is finished and brilliant.

Show off.

Question
09-03-2010, 03:30 AM
Well, yeah.

It's why I entered the contest in the first place.

Gerbil
09-03-2010, 03:38 AM
I may or may not be working on episode 4.

Orangefalcon
09-03-2010, 03:39 AM
If you miss the deadline without a valid reason AND without letting the judges know if its a pre-planned trip or something the participating team will be eliminated automatically.

In cases of emergencies, if the participating team has a legitimate reason, only then will they be excused.

Also there are no prizes given out for posting the episode in any particular order. There is no judging category for punctuality, forget racing to post first or slowing down to post last. coughquestionandfirewarriorcough

oh and question there is about 11 days and 6 and a half hrs for the 3rd episode posting deadline to be over, so ten and a half days, presuming thats what you meant by a week and a half will do.

Also welcome DarkLight to the judging panel of RT's TYIP! contest. She will be taking the place of ForeverBlue who has left the judging panel due to personal reasons.

LuigiEspadachin
09-03-2010, 04:08 AM
This might be a daft question to ask, but when we get the point scores, will we get comments from each of the judges too? It'd be nice to know what we did right and what we did wrong so we can improve on it.

[That's the advantage of doing episodes week by week, you can be flexible to try and fix what was wrong]

Question
09-03-2010, 05:35 AM
Also there are no prizes given out for posting the episode in any particular order. There is no judging category for punctuality, forget racing to post first or slowing down to post last. coughquestionandfirewarriorcough

Why me? You haven't seen a word I've written other than the stuff in the first post of our thread. :D

GoldPhoenixRanger
09-03-2010, 12:26 PM
There won't be comments from the judges, unfortunatley, as that would take a lot of time. However, the categoric scores from each judge will be posted, so you can see which areas you scored high in and which you scored low in.

However, we will not identify which judge submitted which scores, just so no one gets angry at anyone else.

-GPR

Question
09-03-2010, 12:59 PM
If you make me a judge, I'll comment on everyone's.

Even if most of my comments will be "Hey. Be more like me."

Dr. Damian Diabolico
09-03-2010, 01:39 PM
Other comments will include but not be limited to:

"Get me a sandwhich."

"You're looking very rambunctious this evening."

"And gentlemen in England now a-bed: Shall think themselves accursed they were not here,: And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks: That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day."

"Hot diggity daffodil!"

"Quack."

"Have you gained mass?"

"Norman Osborn never apologizes."

The Jester Of Tortuga
09-03-2010, 03:46 PM
*Begins to rewrite current episode while reapeating*

Be More Like Question!

*starts an arguement with the first person seen*

Question
09-04-2010, 10:12 AM
So everyone in the contest that has my MSN is bugging me about not knowing our scores yet. It's like they think I'm a judge.

Not to sound impatient, but... I'm horribly impatient, and everyone else seems afraid to ask instead of bitching to me. Do you know about when we might get our scores?

GoldPhoenixRanger
09-04-2010, 10:42 AM
Well then its a good thing the scores are completed!!!!

Give me a minute to open a thread for tracking scores, and they will be posted!!

-GR

GoldPhoenixRanger
09-04-2010, 11:15 AM
Sorry for the Double Post Everyone!

Scores are available and can be found in the TPIY Scoreboard here:

http://www.rangertalk.com/showthread.php?p=142443

-GPR

Question
09-04-2010, 11:19 AM
Thank you!

Orangefalcon
09-04-2010, 03:54 PM
You're welcome Question.

66 hours (GMT) to go for the deadline for the second episode to end guys!

The Jester Of Tortuga
09-06-2010, 11:20 PM
Just wanting to say, Great work guys im enjoying what ive been reading!

So...when do we get our first surprise?

Orangefalcon
09-07-2010, 08:18 AM
Patience is virtue bill...hang in there and you will get to know.

An hour and a half left for the deadline la episode 2 to end!

The Jester Of Tortuga
09-07-2010, 03:04 PM
Bro...your talking to me about virtue...you realize how pointless that is right

Orangefalcon
09-08-2010, 12:31 AM
Would short-term memory loss provide an adequate excuse for my seemingly unforgivable error?

Fire Warrior
09-08-2010, 02:12 AM
No, because what you did is FAIL, and failure is not an option. That is unless you drink Brawndo, which let's you win at failing, even when failure is not an option. Remember, it has electrolytes...it's what plants crave. :)

The Jester Of Tortuga
09-08-2010, 03:45 PM
Fire Warrior - 1 Orangey - -1

Fire Warrior
09-11-2010, 10:57 PM
So...do we have any scores yet for episode 2?

The Jester Of Tortuga
09-11-2010, 11:01 PM
Waiting on the last Judge to do his/her part, i personally think its GPR thats letting the team down!

GoldPhoenixRanger
09-12-2010, 03:34 AM
Very funny Bill. It's not me, but the last set of scores is being compiled as we speak, however I have to go to work so these scores will be tabulated and posted at around 11pm EST tonight.

-GPR

Fire Warrior
09-12-2010, 03:38 AM
So, technically Bill is right: you are dragging the team down by having to go to work. :P

Cool beans man.

Question
09-12-2010, 06:24 AM
I like how everyone else is begging for scores but our third episode has been up for almost a week already.

Seriously. We should get bonus points for that, since one of the judging categories is for posting on time. We posted SUPER ON TIME.

Fire Warrior
09-12-2010, 08:10 AM
I'd actually like my scores to see what I need to improve on. I'd figure your team would want to know the scores also, but I guess not...

Question
09-12-2010, 08:24 AM
Whether we win or not, we know in our hearts that we are truly better than you and that everyone but us can suck it.

I'm just saying.

Fire Warrior
09-12-2010, 08:40 AM
I can respect that, but in the immortal words of Queen,

We are the champions my friend...

Question
09-12-2010, 09:02 AM
So you're admitting you're a queen.

I don't feel right about that. Way too easy.

Fire Warrior
09-12-2010, 09:08 AM
That didn't even make sense...

Question
09-12-2010, 09:10 AM
I don't have to make sense! I'M BEAUTIFUL!

Fire Warrior
09-12-2010, 10:50 AM
That's debatable...

Orangefalcon
09-12-2010, 02:28 PM
Ok....break it up guys. *hands Question a Cookie for posting first* :D

The Jester Of Tortuga
09-12-2010, 02:30 PM
Wheres my cookie?

GoldPhoenixRanger
09-23-2010, 09:29 AM
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I just want to let you folks know now that your first "Suprise" will be announced on Monday or Tuesday for inclusion into Episode 5. So be ready for that.

Also, in case anyone doesn't know, the scores for Episode 3 have been posted in the Scoreboard.

-GPR

Question
09-23-2010, 09:49 AM
Episode five is due Monday night at 8pm EST. Do you mean episode six, or are we supposed to edit a probably done episode in less than a day?

Not sarcasm. Honest question.

Fire Warrior
09-23-2010, 10:02 AM
...Shouldn't it be episode 6, considering episode 5 is due by Monday?

Question
09-23-2010, 10:11 AM
Also an excellent point.

Fire Warrior
09-23-2010, 10:13 AM
Eh, I didn't see your post. I'm just backing you up anyway XD

Question
09-23-2010, 10:18 AM
It's why I'm not mercilessly mocking you! ;)

Fire Warrior
09-23-2010, 10:34 AM
Good call. :p

The Jester Of Tortuga
09-23-2010, 10:36 AM
Episodes are always due tuesday for me :D

Fire Warrior
09-23-2010, 11:04 AM
That's cause your country is a small patch of land in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. :p

The Jester Of Tortuga
09-23-2010, 01:07 PM
Dont hate the player hate the game, just because i live on the arsehole end of the world!

GoldPhoenixRanger
09-24-2010, 12:53 AM
Ok, I messed up, make it included in Episode 6. I just judged Episode 3 which is why I'm a little behind on episodes. My bad.

-GPR

The Jester Of Tortuga
09-24-2010, 02:16 AM
Sloopy at best i say we get a new didctator coz our current GPR model is falling behind

Orangefalcon
09-27-2010, 02:02 PM
Allright Fellas

For the next episode (ep6) incorporate the following surprise into your episode to get bonus points! Those who don't will not get any bonus points, nothing else is different

The Surprise:

Incorporate the cameo of one or more rangers from the seasons PRWF - PR:RPM into the episode. The ranger(s) can be from different season(s) and they can be playing the role of a mentor/ranger/future ranger/ally/villain, everything except a random guy on the street or a gary stue or mary sue or whatever. Whatever role you assign to that ranger(s) should be explained properly, or else you lose bonus points

Have fun! And may the power protect you!

Question
09-27-2010, 02:04 PM
...wait, does the former Ranger have to be a major part of the episode, or do you *actually* mean a cameo? Do they have to be a major part of the plot, or can they just happen to be there and not morph or anything?

Orangefalcon
09-27-2010, 02:13 PM
It's your choice as to how you depict that ranger. He could have a meaningful one scene cameo, or a full length episode cameo or could even stretch to recurring in the future episodes you make. Morphing, not morphing, its your choice. Make it meaningful, not just meeting your ranger in starbucks for a cup of coffee and chatting about the weather.

GoldPhoenixRanger
09-27-2010, 02:26 PM
I'd like to note here how the bonus scoring will occur:

For suprise weeks, Judges will give a 1-5 score in the bonus category of "suprise", and that score will be averaged with your Originality score which will give you your overall Originality score for the week. When judging "Suprise" judges are looking for whether or not the suprise requirements are met, and how well they are integrated into the episode.

-GPR

Question
09-27-2010, 02:34 PM
...how are they bonus points if they're going to be integrated with points we're getting anyway?

Averaging does mean that a shitty bonus score can pull our actual score DOWN. That's not really a bonus.

The Jester Of Tortuga
09-27-2010, 02:40 PM
Dnt worry man im letting GPR over it, coz i said that too

GoldPhoenixRanger
09-27-2010, 02:48 PM
Yes, you weren't the only person concerned with that Question, so we have amended the bonus procedure as follows:

Judges will score teams from 1-5 for the Suprise. The judges scores will then be averaged together, and the result will be the total number of bouns points out of a possible 5 the team will recieve. This will be added to their regular score for the week, so for example a team with a 73 for the week would have a 78 if they recieved the total possible 5 bonus points.

Also, please remember that the suprise IS NOT MANDATORY. Each team can either use the suprise to try to earn extra points or simply ignore it and try for the best possible regular score.

Make Sense?

-GPR

Orangefalcon
10-04-2010, 01:44 PM
Announcement:

The Cult of Sheldon has put up a request for the addition of a new member. The request was granted by the Panel of Judges. So please welcome Shadow Ranger into the Cult of Sheldon.

On a similar note, if any other contesting team wishes to add/remove a member from the respective teams, they may contact the judging panel before the end of this week. This is exclusive only to this week in the contest. So discuss and hurry if you want to make some changes! :)

Question
10-04-2010, 01:56 PM
I'd like to request removing Dr. Damian Diabolico from our team, but then immediately re-add him.

Orangefalcon
10-04-2010, 02:41 PM
*beep* *beep* *click*

Hello and welcome to TPIY's Add/Remove member service

*fancy music*

Your Request has been acknowledged. Dr. Damian Diabolico Removed from Ronin Legends.

Your Request has been acknowledged. Dr. Damian Diabolico Added to Ronin Legends

Thank you for utilising TPIY's add/remove service. We hope it was satisfactory. Have a nice day.

*click*

Dr. Damian Diabolico
10-04-2010, 04:30 PM
I'd like to request removing Dr. Damian Diabolico from our team, but then immediately re-add him.

Anchorin' for trouble, eh?! Well I'd like--I'd like? I'd like a trip to Europe.

The Jester Of Tortuga
10-07-2010, 02:42 PM
I would like to motion for Bella Cullen to be indoctrinated into The Cult

Orangefalcon
10-11-2010, 01:46 PM
*beep* *beep* *click*

Hello and welcome to TPIY's Add/Remove member service

*fancy music*

Your Request has been acknowledged. Bella Cullen added to Cult of Sheldon.

Thank you for utilising TPIY's add/remove service. We hope it was satisfactory. Have a nice day.

*click*

GoldPhoenixRanger
11-03-2010, 03:58 PM
SUPRISE NUMBER 2

Suprise Inclusion - Episode 12

Suprise Grading - Same as before, each judge will give a reccomendation out of 5 possible points, and the four judges scores will then be averaged to determine the number of bonus points awarded to the teams.

Suprise Details - For the duration of Episode 12, the Rangers MAY NOT USE THEIR POWERS. This suprise can be incorporated in a number of ways, for example having an episode focused on the rangers outside their ranger responsibillities in which they don't morph. Another posibillity is to have a villain take away or neutralize the rangers powers for the duration of the episode, causing them to need to fight without them. The posibillities are endless.

Any questions regarding this suprise should be posted here.

Thank You

- The TPIY Judging Comittee

Gerbil
11-03-2010, 06:27 PM
So, uh...

Our team already did this. Would that make us exempt from this surprise or do we retroactively get the points?

Kurama
11-03-2010, 07:38 PM
We had the same problem with Orangey's Suprise and they came up with this instead, I guess it shows they don't read lol.........

EDIT: Our Rangers have been powerless for the last 2 Ep's......

GoldPhoenixRanger
11-04-2010, 02:00 PM
This suprise is scrapped. We'll come up with a different suprise for a later episode.

-GPR

Hidden Ranger
11-05-2010, 04:37 PM
So, I'm curious:

Since Power Rangers: Samurai is going to be two seasons of 20 issues each, what does this mean for a contest next year? Do the contestants get a chance at a Season Two? Would new participants be able to enter the contest, with a handicap of having 20 fewer episodes to work with than the returning contestants? Or would the next contest be two years from now for a Goseiger adaptation?

If the judges haven't thought that far ahead yet, I'd understand completely. Just something I've been thinking about since I first found out about this contest too late to enter.

Orangefalcon
11-11-2010, 01:42 PM
We haven't thought that far hidden ranger. There is a possibility Tensou Sentai Goseiger will be the topic for TPIY season II, but I can't confirm anything right now.

NOTE:

As all you participants know, the judges are behind in scoring and bringing out a surprise. So we have come to a decision to give ourselves and you guys some breathing time.

The next episode (which is to be posted on 15th november) can be posted on 22nd november. Meaning, from now till 22nd november you guys need to post only 1 episode. We will utilise this break to post all the scores and come up with plans for the last few episodes and you an utilise the time to plan your episodes and stuff. So enjoy the break guys!

Question
11-23-2010, 08:20 AM
So I just tried posting Ronin Legend's latest episode, but there's a 10,000 character limit on posting on this forum and my episode is well, well over that. Will this be fixed soon?

Shadow Ranger
11-23-2010, 08:43 AM
It better. Or else we won't be able to post our episode either. :p

Agent Xero
11-24-2010, 05:10 AM
If you're absolutely dying to post your recent chapters, post it in a few sequential posts, but that'd be obnoxious as hell for both your guys and us. Give it a little bit of time while Kage still works some of the kinks out, i'd hope the character limit gets dropped all together or raised to infinity, cause we all know 10g isn't a lot of characters. I'm hoping it'll be done soon as well.

Fire Warrior
11-24-2010, 07:04 AM
I'll check that later I guess

EDIT: you got unlimited characters now...except for Ronin Legends

Mwahahaha jk

The Jester Of Tortuga
11-24-2010, 02:38 PM
HAHA! Let that be a lesson to you!