PDA

View Full Version : Superhuman Samurai: Syber Squad

gtr0329
10-04-2005, 10:48 AM
Anybody remember this show? Thoughts? Opinions? I remember watching and I think I did like it back then. Don't really remember much of it now.

EGR
10-04-2005, 11:06 AM
Anybody remember this show? Thoughts? Opinions? I remember watching and I think I did like it back then. Don't really remember much of it now.

Yeah, i really enjoyed that show. It was an original concept. Sam Collins, the main character, was sucked into his computer game due to an accident and fights off evil viruses as the superhero Servo (my display pic) that are disrupting the internet and electric currents. He also has a group of friends to assist him: Tanker, Amp and Syd - All of which ahve their own zord type robots that aid Servo in fights. These zords/robots can combine with Servo to form a more powerful being. All in all, it was a really cool show. I liked it and Beetleborgs the most.

Biblerngr4
10-04-2005, 11:19 AM
I remember it to, and really liked it. Like Power Rangers, VR Troopers, and BeetleBorgs, I know that it was based on a Japanese show, but I can't figure out what it is. It is reminiscent of Ultraman, but it isn't an Ultra show, does any one know wich one it is?

EGR
10-04-2005, 11:21 AM
I remember it to, and really liked it. Like Power Rangers, VR Troopers, and BeetleBorgs, I know that it was based on a Japanese show, but I can't figure out what it is. It is reminiscent of Ultraman, but it isn't an Ultra show, does any one know wich one it is?

Yep it was based off of a Japanese show called "Gridman" (1993). That's about all I know of it, though.

DekaBreak
10-04-2005, 11:34 AM
x3 I loved both Gridman and Superhuman Samurai: Cyber Squad. In my opinion, this was the only time that a Toku has been americanized decently. And on a personal note, I mainly watched the show for the Gridman Fight Scenes. I didn't care for the real world stuff. x3

ShadowXybrian
10-04-2005, 11:45 AM
Yeah, i really enjoyed that show. It was an original concept. Sam Collins, the main character, was sucked into his computer game due to an accident and fights off evil viruses as the superhero Servo He also has two friends to assist him: Tanker and Amp both of which ahve their own zord type robots that aid Servo in fights.

U forgot Syd (Not from SPD) She was the brains of the operation who also had a zord-thing to fuse to Servo.

EGR
10-04-2005, 11:56 AM
In my opinion, this was the only time that a Toku has been americanized decently.

Agreed Abare.

U forgot Syd (Not from SPD) She was the brains of the operation who also had a zord-thing to fuse to Servo.

Oh yeah, my bad, and Syd.

ryuurenjaa
10-04-2005, 12:22 PM
i got superhuman samurai syber squad video tape

Angel Ranger
10-09-2005, 03:38 AM
OHHH YEAH thats whats its called,i couldnot reember but i saw it on ERG's pic i used to watch that, i liked it it was god to see a new idea, but i can't reember how he got in to the pc in the first place

EGR
10-09-2005, 06:53 AM
OHHH YEAH thats whats its called,i couldnot reember but i saw it on ERG's pic i used to watch that, i liked it it was god to see a new idea, but i can't reember how he got in to the pc in the first place

I think he was playing music with his band in his room and there was some sort an electric surge and it sucked him into his comp.

gtr0329
10-09-2005, 02:06 PM
What were the "morphing calls" for the characters?

EGR
10-09-2005, 02:11 PM
What were the "morphing calls" for the characters?

Sam: "Let's Samurize guys!"

Joker
10-10-2005, 01:32 PM
And the other three would have different callings just about everytime, or was it just the funny/weird dude, he rocked lol. I remember his one morphing call, "I'll show you mine if you show me yours!" lol that had me laughing for like the entire week.

Italian Ranger
10-14-2005, 09:04 AM
I liked very muck this show! (does any of you know where can i download it?)
I didn't only understand one thing:
What has the samurai theme got to do with this computer story? :o

Italian Ranger
10-14-2005, 09:35 AM
Now i remember before Gridman and then Superhuman Samurai were created there was an american film based on the same concept.
Do you remember Tron 2.0?
In this flm the main caracther Kevin Flynn was "molecularized" by a super computer's laser and sent into the net like a program file.
Once he was here together with two program files created by his friends Flynn travels in the net to find the necessary information to destroy the Master Control Program and free all the program files from his control and to rehabilitate the omunications between programs and the "creatives" (the human programmers).
He also has to find a way to come back to his human form and world.

Jyukai Rahziel Azu
10-15-2005, 02:34 AM
Gridman was created as a spin-off to the Ultraman series but unlike Ultraman, Gridman lives permanently in the grids and has no human form. He is assisted by humans much like they assist Servo but they don't pilot the aircraft I think

Angel Ranger
10-15-2005, 04:21 AM
Did the clever gal and the jock/rocker make him to a mega zord type person?

http://minos.esmartkid.com/shsss/pictures/sydtank.jpg

gtr0329
10-15-2005, 08:26 AM
Did the clever gal and the jock/rocker make him to a mega zord type person?

http://minos.esmartkid.com/shsss/pictures/sydtank.jpg

If i remember correctly, the vehicles they piloted did combine with Servo when needed.

EGR
10-15-2005, 09:41 AM
If i remember correctly, the vehicles they piloted did combine with Servo when needed.

Yep they did, they formed : Superhuman Samurai Phormo --

basically a much more powerful Servo.

Italian Ranger
10-15-2005, 10:30 AM
Yep they did, they formed : Superhuman Samurai Phormo --
basically a much more powerful Servo.

I remember two tipe of combnations:
In one there are 3 veichels which can combine before in a robot and then they all combine with servo to create Samurai Syncro
In the other combination there's one cybernetic dragon who combines with servo to create Samurai Phormo.
In both the formation all these kind of "zords" combines on servo forming an armor for him

ShadowXybrian
10-15-2005, 10:58 AM
Sam: "Let's Samurize guys!"

Syd: "Pump Up the Power!!"
Tank: "Let's Kick some Gigabutt!!!"
Amp: once it was, "With a Cherry on Top!" and another was, "For Sam, Sydney, Tanker, and Ms._______"(Forget the name)

Red Samurai Ninja
10-21-2005, 11:52 PM
transforms into servo like ultraman

EGR
11-07-2005, 03:04 PM
I remember two tipe of combnations:
In one there are 3 veichels which can combine before in a robot and then they all combine with servo to create Samurai Syncro
In the other combination there's one cybernetic dragon who combines with servo to create Samurai Phormo.
In both the formation all these kind of "zords" combines on servo forming an armor for him

Yeah, after watching a few episodes after all these years I've remembered Servo's upgrade combinations. And yeah, your right:

Samurized Attack Vehicles:
- Tracto + Vitor + Borr = Zenon
(Tanker's) (Amp's) (Syd's)
(3 attack vehicles form seperate entity)

- Tracto + Vitor + Borr + Servo = Superhuman Samurai Synchro
(3 attack vehicles attach to Servo)

- Drago + Servo = Superhuman Samurai Phormo
(Drago, cybernetic dragon attaches to Servo)

Neo Green Ranger
11-13-2005, 12:10 PM
Drago actually had several forms. The part that formed the dragon head and torso was a jet fighter-type deal called Jamb (I think),and the part forming the arms, legs, and wings was an air cruiser called Torb. When the two combined into a suer air cruiser, they were known colelctively as Korpher. Korpeher then transformed intt he dragon-like Drago. When the two combined with Servo, Torb formed every bit of his armor and Jamb became the dragon-shaped artillery cannon that he used to finish off opoonents. This was also the first suit of armor they discovered for Servo. (Also, anyone who has the toys will know that it is impossible to pose Servo in the armor with the dragon-cannon-thing because the sheer weight of the cannon would cause him to tip over like a drunk on New Year's Eve.)

Zedd's the man
11-13-2005, 01:18 PM
kilokahn was a interesting villain. he owned servo in the end.

EGR
11-13-2005, 01:41 PM
Drago actually had several forms. The part that formed the dragon head and torso was a jet fighter-type deal called Jamb (I think),and the part forming the arms, legs, and wings was an air cruiser called Torb. When the two combined into a suer air cruiser, they were known colelctively as Korpher. Korpeher then transformed intt he dragon-like Drago. When the two combined with Servo, Torb formed every bit of his armor and Jamb became the dragon-shaped artillery cannon that he used to finish off opoonents. This was also the first suit of armor they discovered for Servo. (Also, anyone who has the toys will know that it is impossible to pose Servo in the armor with the dragon-cannon-thing because the sheer weight of the cannon would cause him to tip over like a drunk on New Year's Eve.)

I was talking about Servo's combinations, but yeah, true. Drago had a couple forms of his own.

Torb + Jamb = Korpher (who) = Drago.

Drago + Servo = Superhuman Samurai Phormo.

Here are the combos:
http://minos.esmartkid.com/shsss/pictures/dlxzen2.jpg
http://minos.esmartkid.com/shsss/pictures/dlxdrag2.jpg

KCJ506
11-14-2005, 11:51 AM
I recently did a trade with someone and he sent me most of the episodes. I would upload them yousendit.com, but there's one problem, I have no idea how to do that. I've never done something like that before.

EGR
11-14-2005, 04:05 PM
I recently did a trade with someone and he sent me most of the episodes. I would upload them yousendit.com, but there's one problem, I have no idea how to do that. I've never done something like that before.

I haven't used YouSendIt.Com myself but i'd think its pretty simple as many people upload media onto it. I think you have to register an account there (its free) and the site should fill you in on the rest of the steps/details. You could also try; megaupload.com , or rapidshare.com, their quite popular as well. If you could ge those eps up itd be really great.

KCJ506
11-14-2005, 10:57 PM
I haven't used YouSendIt.Com myself but i'd think its pretty simple as many people upload media onto it. I think you have to register an account there (its free) and the site should fill you in on the rest of the steps/details. You could also try; megaupload.com , or rapidshare.com, their quite popular as well. If you could ge those eps up itd be really great.

I forget to mention that I don't know how encode them, so I can get them on my computer.

EGR
11-15-2005, 01:37 AM
I forget to mention that I don't know how encode them, so I can get them on my computer.

Oh, then thats a different story. I think you need some hardware/ or software to do that.

Archmage_lord
11-15-2005, 09:41 AM
Wasn't the Drago a machine piloted by one of the teens?

I remember my brother had the Deluxe toys where you could make them combine... ah, memories.

EGR
11-15-2005, 10:48 AM
Wasn't the Drago a machine piloted by one of the teens?.

Yeah, it was primarily piloted by Tanker. Syd also piloted it, however, a few times.

Ecliptor Calrissian
11-16-2005, 07:46 AM
I was very impressed with Malcolm. The way he felt everyone was against him and interpreted every little thing as everyone-that-isn't-him's grand conspiracy to make his life miserable, and how he needed vengeance against them so much that he'd do anything, even help Kilokhan, whom he <i>knows</i> is evil and has betrayed him more than once... the psychological aspect with him was brilliant. They don't get nearly enough credit for that.

I didn't know the flying tank form of Drago had a name! I never heard it on the show.

EGR
11-16-2005, 08:11 AM
I was very impressed with Malcolm. The way he felt everyone was against him and interpreted every little thing as everyone-that-isn't-him's grand conspiracy to make his life miserable, and how he needed vengeance against them so much that he'd do anything, even help Kilokhan, whom he <i>knows</i> is evil and has betrayed him more than once... the psychological aspect with him was brilliant. They don't get nearly enough credit for that.

Yeah, Malcolm was a very well-done, written, and acted villain. He was a serious strong point in the show.

Zedd's the man
11-16-2005, 12:44 PM
http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Set/9078/ssss.htm
its the superhuman samurai syber squad drinking game.

Nova Ranger
11-17-2005, 03:33 AM
I lover SERVO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111 the super human samurai. It was like a mix between Ultraman and Reboot. I was also a big computer nerd even back then, so I liked the whole digital cities and concepts.

I will say this SHS had some the most interesting designed Battle Backgrounds. I'm also a big fan of the Giant hero vs Giant Robot (even though he had a zord-like helper).

Zedd's the man
11-17-2005, 12:28 PM
"one cannot take a villain seriusly if he is a geek who hides in his basement, and his reasons for being evil are stupid things like not being let into the talent show, or not getting seated next to the girl he likes or something"

Biblerngr4
11-18-2005, 11:18 AM
Actually Malcom was being used by the real villain KiloKhan, Malcom was basicly a willing pawn. The battlles were really cool, I wish I could get it on DVD.

Zedd's the man
11-18-2005, 01:28 PM
KiloKhan was powerful enough to crash the servo program, wasnt he?
i seem to remember a of servo's equapment fizziling away in their battle.

Biblerngr4
11-19-2005, 11:02 AM
He crashed a lot of Servos equipment, but Servo beat him in the end, so no he wasn't powerfull enough to delete the Servo program.

Zedd's the man
11-19-2005, 03:17 PM
He crashed a lot of Servos equipment, but Servo beat him in the end, so no he wasn't powerfull enough to delete the Servo program.
it's been a long time since i saw those episodes.

Falconhood
11-19-2005, 09:45 PM
i loved the series, have two VHS tapes i got from Blockbuster on sale, but i can't play them now that all my VCRs are dead. i am trying to find Bit Torents of them, but have not prevailed

Zedd's the man
11-21-2005, 12:48 PM
kilokahn was great.

mbozzo
12-15-2005, 12:30 PM
I remember seeing Superhuman Samurai Syber Squad and would like to see it updated with new characters replacing the ones in the 1990s series.

The Orange Ranger
12-16-2005, 06:46 AM
i loved the series, have two VHS tapes i got from Blockbuster on sale, but i can't play them now that all my VCRs are dead. i am trying to find Bit Torents of them, but have not prevailed

i only have 1 and have not watched in a long time :Guillotin

Falconhood
12-17-2005, 09:57 PM
i would like to see it uploaded to a bit torrent site! i have always considered it Ultraman in cyberspace. or, are there DVDs of it somewhere?

EGR
12-24-2005, 03:14 PM
KiloKhan was powerful enough to crash the servo program, wasnt he?
i seem to remember a of servo's equapment fizziling away in their battle.

I believe Kilokhan and Servo fought on two occasions. The first time was in the episode "Kilo is coming to town" (a Christmas focused ep). In this fight, Kilokhan had a massive surge of power to help him because Malcom made everybody turn on electrical devices at the exact same time. Because of this K-Khan was able to overpower Servo. However, Servo requested that Malcolm (who, by this time, had realized he was being used as Kilokhan's puppet) reboot the computer as this would fry Kilo's circuits and at the same time vanquish both him and Kilo effectively. So Malcom rebooted the computer, and Servo was able to harness the energy caused by the reboot and he used it against Kilokhan to destroy him completely. So instead of dying to the energy of the reboot, Servo was able to harness it to his advantage. Servo lived, however, when he desamurized all the memories of the Kilokhan fight were wiped from his, Malcom's and Jennifer's memories. Since the memories were wiped, Malcom turned evil again and re-loaded the Kilokhan virus. This is when Servo and Kilo fought for a second time, and again, Kilo had the advantage as he deleted lots of Servo's equipment, however, Servo was able to defeat him in the long run. So, effectively, Servo whooped Kilokhan on two occasions.

i would like to see it uploaded to a bit torrent site! i have always considered it Ultraman in cyberspace. or, are there DVDs of it somewhere?

Try the ' #power-rangers - irc.dejatoons.net ' channel (mIRC). I got 3 episodes from them via BitTorrent. I got another 2 episodes from the Ogre's Cave (PRE). These episodes are the ones that were originally released on the 3 SHSSS VHS tapes. Episodes other than these ones are hard, if not impossible to find.

Zordon's Boy
12-30-2005, 10:55 AM
this was another show i lvoed but they canceled. my cousins had a few of the toys. never could figure out hwo to put them together.....

magnusX
12-31-2005, 06:46 AM
it was a great show.the last ep i watched was the christmas special.

zergling82000
11-27-2006, 04:20 PM
LOL i still have the toys for this show

warrioreternal
11-27-2006, 04:22 PM
I loved this series. I have a toy from the show with me right now on my computer desk !!

TheRealColeEvans
11-27-2006, 04:32 PM
i have toys too! I totally wish I still had all of Drago tho :( Stupid moving -losing stuff! >.<

EGR
12-06-2006, 09:27 AM
Ive got the servo deluxe figure. My friend had a bunch of them.

The production quality/americanization of this show was superb in comparison to other Tokusatsu shows that were brought to America (Masked Rider, VR troopers etc).

Phazon Ranger
12-06-2006, 01:12 PM
I don't remember the actual show too much, but from what I have seen afterwards... its pretty cool.

And the mecha designs are just awesome...

warrioreternal
12-06-2006, 04:18 PM
When I look back on the show now, it was just one big ripp off to cash in on the success of Power Ranger but the show itself, while defintely no where near as good as PR, had some pretty cool moments.