PDA

View Full Version : [Off Topic] - The Best Movies of 2005 -

|The XIII Order|
12-25-2005, 01:54 PM
Well, the year is practically over now, and looking back, 2005 was a huge year for movies.

Which movies did the most for you? Undoubtedly IMO the greatest film of the year was Sin City (Quentin Tarantino = genius), followed by Revenge of the Sith, Batman Begins, and Chronicles of Narnia.

Other movies from this year that deserve honorable mention include (in no particular order):

Kung Fu Hustle
Dukes of Hazzard
Mr. and Mrs. Smith
The 40 Year Old Virgin
The Skeleton Key
Chicken Little
Memoirs of a Geisha
Fantastic Four
Deuce Bigalow: European Gigolo
Unleashed (Jet Li)
Saw II
King Kong
The Exorcism of Emily Rose
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
War of the Worlds

GohanWinner
12-25-2005, 02:07 PM
Tarantino only guest directed Sin City.

EarthGuardian
12-25-2005, 02:28 PM
Batman Begins. Clillian Murphy is my idol. Not to mention, it boosted confidence for more improved DC films.

Black Venom
12-25-2005, 03:02 PM
no doubt it was batman begins...i love the batman series...and this was a great way to restart it all

Raging Thunder
12-25-2005, 04:16 PM
In a rather weak year I still have many favorites

Batman Begins
King Kong
F4
SIn City
Rent

Adus
12-25-2005, 08:33 PM
Robert Rodriguez directed Sin Sity, but had a good deal of help from the actual comic writer/artist Frank Miller. Quinten directed only one scene, which I believe was the scene with the car in the alleyway. But back on topic,

God, people..

Mr. and Mrs. Smith?
Dukes of Hazzard?
Fantastic Four?

DEUCE BIGALOW 2!?

*sighs*

I'm going to agree with EG on both accounts. Batman Begins was excellent and Cillian Murphy rules you all.

Other favorites of the year:

Serenity

Those are the only ones that stand out to me. There were others I liked but not as much as those.

Mizu-Hime
12-25-2005, 11:04 PM
I don't even remember what movies I saw this year, let alone ones I thought were the best.. the ones however that do stand out are...

- Wedding Crashers
- War of the Worlds
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Alba
12-26-2005, 12:16 AM
no probs here

BatMan Begins
Fantastic Four
Sin City
Mr and Mrs Smith
War of the worlds

Roxy_Diva
12-26-2005, 03:45 AM
Serenity
Batman Begins
Star Wars Episode 3!
Fantastic 4

Wiffyboy
12-26-2005, 04:13 AM
For me it would have they would have to be:
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Batman Begins
Serenity.

Everything else was either just okay, bad, or haven't seen yet so I can't pass judgement.

NightOwl
12-26-2005, 04:33 AM
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe
Serenity
The 40 Year Old Virgin
The Skeleton Key
Memoirs of a Geisha
Batman Begins

Raging Thunder
12-26-2005, 04:48 AM
Robert Rodriguez directed Sin Sity, but had a good deal of help from the actual comic writer/artist Frank Miller. Quinten directed only one scene, which I believe was the scene with the car in the alleyway. But back on topic,

God, people..

Mr. and Mrs. Smith?
Dukes of Hazzard?
Fantastic Four?

DEUCE BIGALOW 2!?

Its called personal opinion not every likes the same movies as you. Try respecting that for once.

King of Kirommy
12-26-2005, 05:56 AM
Batman begins and Sin City...not in that order though. Fantastic four was alright, the fact that I saw it on my birthday with some of my closest friends made the difference.

Abare Killer
12-26-2005, 06:01 AM
:abakill Good point, Sean.

My favorite movies of this year (only the first one is in order):

Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe
Fantastic Four
Batman Begins
Pride and Prejudice

Another good one:
War of the Worlds

Not so good one:
King Kong (I really didn't like this movie very much. Too much action in some parts and too slow in other parts. Not Peter Jackson's finest by a long shot)

And those are pretty much the only movies I saw in theaters this year. Yeah, I know, I'm boring. lol :abakill

Adus
12-26-2005, 08:19 AM
Its called personal opinion not every likes the same movies as you. Try respecting that for once.

Just because it's their personal opinion doesn't mean I don't have the right to speak my disagreement. That would be my personal opinion.

I do respect it because if I didn't, I would have called them idiots or something.

Spad
12-26-2005, 09:03 AM
Just because it's their personal opinion doesn't mean I don't have the right to speak my disagreement. That would be my personal opinion.

I do respect it because if I didn't, I would have called them idiots or something.

Yes, but would it be so incredibly hard for you to express your personal opinion in maybe a nicer or more respectful way? I'm just saying, I can understand being harsh at times, but you tend to be harsh like 24/7...

Raging Thunder
12-26-2005, 09:13 AM

You don’t have to actually say the word idiot to basically call them idiots for believing differently than you. I’m not trying to impede on your right to express your opinions on movies, but you do this type of thing all the time. Where you basically say someone else is wrong based on your personal opinion of something. People can and will have varying beliefs about any given movie, book, or television show. You aren’t speaking in disagreement when you dont actually debate points, your sniping them with sarcastic little snide remarks. Which make others think you are saying “I’m better than you and my opinion trumps everyone else’s.”

Anyways it's Christmas I have parties to attend and people to see.

Dark Rider
12-26-2005, 01:55 PM
I must say, trully a week year of movies. No Hotel Rwandas or Million Dollar Babies this year although there were a few goodies like:

Star Wars: Revenge of The Sith
Batman Begins
Cinderella Man
Four Brothers
The Wedding Crashers

But still, nothing spectacular. I loved Star Wars, Cinderella man was great but not as great as last year's boxing serving, Four Brothers was tons better then I thought it would be, Wedding Crashers was damn funny, and Batman Begins is arguably the best superhero movie I have yet to see(tied with Spider Man 2) but yeah, other then those, we did get some other goodies, but other then that, we got nothing much. If only King Kong was better edited...

crimsonluvr
12-26-2005, 02:09 PM
here's my list, not in any particular order either:

Fantastic four
War of the Worlds
Batman Begins
Saw II

Doom was ok however..it wasn't all that well..it was ok..but something i wouldn't watch again. Same w/ Mr. and Mrs Smith...i mean the action sense were great..but like then it would lead into the romance and that would be like the whole movie...i wanted to see the whole action scene...

but i think that's all i saw...
oh i went to see Fun w. Dick and Jane..wasn't to fond of that one either..yeah there was some funny parts..but don't waste ur money to see it...not as funny as u would expect from Jim Carey tho..

Dark Rider
12-26-2005, 02:18 PM
here's my list, not in any particular order either:

War of the Worlds

Hmm, War of the Worlds...I would of actually probably considered it to be in my top ten of 2005 if the whole 45 minutes in Tim Robbins'(what is his character's name) house weren't so slow and simply, boring. Yeah, Robbins sucked in this movie. Also the movie ended terribly, it really did. The first 2/3 of the the movie were actually great, the army part was actually very much climatic, it really is too bad that after that, it turned rubbish.

crimsonluvr
12-26-2005, 02:24 PM
Hmm, War of the Worlds...I would of actually probably considered it to be in my top ten of 2005 if the whole 45 minutes in Tim Robbins'(what is his character's name) house weren't so slow and simply, boring. Yeah, Robbins sucked in this movie. Also the movie ended terribly, it really did. The first 2/3 of the the movie were actually great, the army part was actually very much climatic, it really is too bad that after that, it turned rubbish.

yeah..i do have to agree the ending was horrible and the whole house scene wasn't that great..but i just loved how they jumped right into it tho...but i stil enjoyed it 100% tho...

|The XIII Order|
12-26-2005, 02:37 PM
War of the Worlds was a fantastic movie. People need to stop blaming the movie for the crappy ending. Blame the goddamn book. Can't change the plot in the end no matter how good the movie is.

Adus
12-26-2005, 03:12 PM
You don't have to actually say the word idiot to basically call them idiots for believing differently than you. I'm not trying to impede on your right to express your opinions on movies, but you do this type of thing all the time. Where you basically say someone else is wrong based on your personal opinion of something. People can and will have varying beliefs about any given movie, book, or television show. You aren't speaking in disagreement when you dont actually debate points, your sniping them with sarcastic little snide remarks. Which make others think you are saying "I'm better than you and my opinion trumps everyone else's.

Anyways it's Christmas I have parties to attend and people to see.

Okay, buddy :D

Word of advice. If you think what I said was harsh, then never go anywhere else on the internet, because compared to a lot of other forums and pages, i'm freakin' jolly ol' Santa Claus.

Dark Rider
12-26-2005, 03:28 PM

Word of advice. If you think what I said was harsh, then never go anywhere else on the internet, because compared to a lot of other forums and pages, i'm freakin' jolly ol' Santa Claus.

I personally thought you said nothing wrong. You weren't exactly attacking anybody, just giving your opinion on how you don't understand how people could call movies the best of the year that you thought were loads of crap.

On the ones you commented:

Mr. and Mrs. Smith: Entertaining, good chemistry, star power, but nothing more. It did keep me satisfied during the movie but it surely wasn't something I'd say was great.
Dukes of Hazzard: Good comedy. Not the greatest.
Fantastic Four: G-A-R-B-A-G-E Dr. Doom isn't thunder-man, is he?
DEUCE BIGALOW 2: I actually found this funny but overly stupid to be taken seriously.

Lilith
12-26-2005, 03:57 PM
You know, this is the second thread within two days that i've seen people bitch and complain because someone gave their opinion. Grow up and get over yourself. If you honestly think that Will is a rude and nasty person, keep it to yourself. Yes we know that people don't like him, I personally think he's an awesome guy who's just stating his honest opinion.

If your parents taught any of you anything right while you were growing up, it should have been "If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all."

From here on in, keep nasty comments to yourself and don't make them known on the board. Also, if I catch one more person bitching about someone else's opinion within any thread on this board, you're receving an automatic 2 day ban.

I'm done.

Raging Thunder
12-26-2005, 07:18 PM

Trust me I dont need the internet to know what the hard knocks are alll about I live it buddy dont need an eletronic source to tell that to me...but as peg said I will move on and agree to disagree.

Mizu-Hime
12-26-2005, 11:43 PM
Forgot to put a movie on my list...

Cry_Wolf, I loved it. Kept me guessing the whole time.. and two of the main characters were hot ^^;;

Ichikawa
12-27-2005, 10:20 AM
The ones I enjoyed this year were:

Batman Begins
The Cave
Cry_Wolf
Land of the Dead
Saw 2
The Fog
Fantastic 4
Wolf Creek
The Amityville Horror

Zarius
12-27-2005, 11:08 AM
...Sheesh, if I had a bullet for every horse that liked Fantastic Four...I'd be making a ton of profit from glue.

My opinion though, ba-zing.:waveybye:

Top films

1. Revenge of the Sith
2. Batman Begins
3. The Chronicles of Narnia

Which is almost akin to saying "I'm a man of few words....any questions?"

Black Venom
12-27-2005, 03:28 PM
i just got another movie today that i thought was great....American Pie Presents: Band Camp....that moive was sooo funny...if you havent seen it yet, you should...at least rent it

Mackenzie Raynor, Jr.
12-27-2005, 03:51 PM
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Batman Begins
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Spad
12-27-2005, 04:18 PM
Movies (In no particular order):

Wedding Crashers
Sahara
Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story
Domino
Walk The Line
Star Wars Ep III (Just cause it's Star Wars)

Those were the ones I think stood out. Keira Knightley was terrific in Domino and Sahara was pretty damn original. Personally, I thought Fantastic Four was rubbish but meh, that's just me.

GoldSolarisRanger
01-01-2006, 10:32 AM
Here's Movies i want to watch on DVD-

Batman Begins
The 40-Year-Old Virgin
Fantastic Four
Wedding Crashers
American Pie: Band Camp
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Yellow Stranger
01-01-2006, 04:23 PM
What are these movie things?

Rinku
01-02-2006, 08:02 AM
Mm, best movie I saw this year was of course, Revenge of the Sith. Also on the list, Sin City, Batman Begins, Serenity, and numerous other movies that I won't waste everyone's time listing.

DarkAngel
01-03-2006, 11:45 AM
1. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
2. Star Wars Ep. III
3. Mr. and Mrs. Smith

Abare Killer
01-03-2006, 11:54 AM
:abakill I'd like to add Memoirs of a Geisha to my list of favorite movies of this year. It was an amazing movie that was casted and done very well ^_^ :abakill

Spad
01-03-2006, 11:59 PM
:abakill I'd like to add Memoirs of a Geisha to my list of favorite movies of this year. It was an amazing movie that was casted and done very well ^_^ :abakill

You and me both Bethy, that movie was terrific. I love how they always manage to incorporate cherry blossoms into every Asian themed movie ^^