PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Things About MMPR

Jason Frank
01-12-2006, 06:15 AM
I thought it would be interesting to pick out stupid things they did with MMPR.
(ei: to beat lord zedds putties you only have to hit the 'z' on its chest, gee zedd why dont you give them bright red bow around them and write 'beat me' on them)

Zedd's the man
01-12-2006, 07:14 AM
(ei: to beat lord zedds putties you only have to hit the 'z' on its chest, gee zedd why dont you give them bright red bow around them and write 'beat me' on them)
number 2. it took them a long time to figger out to hit the Z.

Tommy_Oliver
01-12-2006, 07:24 AM
ridiculus, the Z in the puttie's chest make tham diferent from the others rita's putties...

Tommy_Oliver
01-12-2006, 07:26 AM
and another thing, MMPR is not stupid...

Joker
01-12-2006, 07:32 AM
The actors rocked IMO, the only annoying/stupid thing was Tommy's acting "alright guys we did it!"...so friggin fake.

Red Buster
01-12-2006, 08:01 AM
well, for haim saban's first PR series, i think he did pretty good!

Isamu1
01-12-2006, 08:06 AM
Bulk and skill were looking for 6 power rangers, who all hung out together, who's suits were Red,Black,Green,Blue,Pink, and Yellow.
The rangers hung out together in real life and wore the colors of their ranger suits.

DarkPheonix
01-12-2006, 08:14 AM
-I thought MMPR was awsome.:D
*ahem* going on...
When the rangers fought the putties (out of ranger form), they always had dust stuff appear when they kicked the putties in the chest, right? When you look closer you notice they already have it on their feet before-hand, also taking into account that whenever they took a step dust puffed out on the grass.
-But, all in all it didn't bother me....

DanAbare86
01-12-2006, 08:25 AM
2 of the 5 Dinozords or not base dinosaurs .Mastodon an Sabertooth or not dinosaurs.

Buffyxenaman
01-12-2006, 08:49 AM
I thought the show was cool. Maybe those two none dino zords were counted because they lived millions of years ago.

imported_imported_Jedi Ranger
01-12-2006, 08:53 AM
Rita's constant headaches, Ninjor, and Tommy's goodie goodie acting were crap.

Impulse87
01-12-2006, 09:10 AM
Every history book I have ever readt states Mastadon and Sabretooth as Dinosaurs. They weren't amphibians, reptiles, or birds. The only one left is dino.

they weren't amphibians, reptiles or birds because they were MAMMALS.

Green Ranger Power
01-12-2006, 09:12 AM
and all the mistakes

#1- DAY OF THE DUMPSTER
Written by Tony Oliver & Shuki Levy
Directed by Adrian Carr

The Rangers have three outfit changes in the Juice Bar scenes--including, the same outfits they wore in "Dark Warrior".

#2- HIGH FIVE
Written by Steve Kramer
Directed by Adrian Carr

When the Rangers are peering over the cave, Kimberly's hand is placed very close to Jason's bottom.

#4- A PRESSING ENGAGEMENT
Written by Ronnie Sperling & Jeff Deckman
Directed by Adrian Carr

Ernie loses count. Why couldn't they just ask one of the hundreds of onlookers what number he was on?
--Jason is trying to get to 1110 and Bulk's record was 1109 or 1110. Jason got to 1109 once and that would have at least made his tie with Bulk. If Bulk's record was 1110, he would have ONLY tied.
--A top view of the Megazord cockpit shows Green Ranger's insignia flashing on Red Ranger's Control Panel.
--The Power Sword is called the Mega Sword.

#5- DIFFERENT DRUM
Written by Julianne Klemm
Directed by Jeff Reiner

Kim says "I'm sorry--I forgot to sign the moves." But, she was signing the moves from the beginning of the episode.
--Melissa is showing the Rangers the cave and while she's running behind the bushes before the Rangers morph out, Jason/Austin almosts trips over a rock and falls. He has to steady himself.
--When the Rangers are almost to the cave, Melissa is running behind some bushes and Kim shouts "Hurry!" That was pointless since Melissa is deaf and can't tell Kimberly's even talking when Melissa's back is to Kimberly.
--When the Power Rangers morph out and shout "POWER RANGERS!", somehow, the Pink Ranger is gray. She's also gray when the Rangers are 'powering up their crystals'.

#6- FOOD FIGHT
Written by Cheryl Saban
Directed by Robert Hughes

On "Today on Power Rangers...", the announcer says, "Angel High" instead of "Angel Grove High."

#11- HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ZACK
Written by Stewart St. John
Directed by Jeff Reiner

Bulk and Skull come in the Juice Bar and say, "Ah, look--the kids from Angel Grove". If they didn't go to Angel Grove High School back then, why were they there on the third episode, "Teamwork".
--At one point Zack jumps in the air with his axe but when he lands, he has his Bladeblaster out.

#12- NO CLOWNING AROUND
Written by Mark Hoffmeier
Directed by Adrian Carr

When the Rangers (excluding Trini) were jumping into their zords, you can see a frame of the Yellow Ranger about to jump.
--The fair belonged to Rita so everyone had to get out. But, at the end, everyone came back, even though it was only a trap for the Power Rangers.

#13- POWER RANGER PUNKS
Directed by David Blyth

Kimberly holds up her bow and you can see ZyuRanger printed on it.

#14- PEACE, LOVE, AND WOE
Written by Julianne Klemm

After the Rangers defeat the putties, they discuss about Marge's disappearance. They teleport to the Command Center and the first thing Zordon says is, "I'm afraid Jason is right. Rita is behind this." But, Jason didn't say one word during the discussion of the disappearance of Marge.

#15- DARK WARRIOR
Written by Jeff Deckman & Ronnie Sperling and Mark Hoffmeier
Directed by Terry Winkless

Billy is supposed to dislocate a bomb that Howard is hooked up to. The camera gets a closeup on the ticking bomb [:19, :18, :17, :16]. Then, it showed Billy again, talking to Howard. Next, it got another closeup on the ticking bomb [:19, :18...] If it had just ticked down to 16 seconds, how did it get back to 19?

#16- FOUL PLAY IN THE SKY
Written and Directed by Shuki Levy

The flashback of "Day of the Dumpster" showed the Rangers flashing their weapons. They did not get their weapons until the third episode, "Teamwork" and the clip was actually from "Different Drum". Rita also did not hurl her wand like she did on the flashback.

#18- GREEN WITH EVIL PART II [JASON'S BATTLE]
Written by Tom Wyner, Cheryl Saban & Stewart St. John

They form the Megazord and the Tyrannosaurus Dinozord is there even though Jason is in the Dark Dimension.

#21- GREEN WITH EVIL PART V [BREAKING THE SPELL]
Written by Gary Glasberg & Stewart St. John

Billy changes clothes. When they unmorph on the beach at the end, when Tommy is out from under Rita's spell, Billy has different clothes on but later in the Command Center, he has the same clothes on that he wore the entire episode.
--Green Ranger has a Bladeblaster in his hoster rather than the Dragondagger.
--Right after Jason destroys the Sword of Darkness, Jason says "You own the power now" but if you watch his jaw move, you can tell that isn't what he was originally saying. There's also a dubbed sound when he's talking.

#22- THE TROUBLE WITH SHELLSHOCK
Written by Stewart St. John & Julianne Klemm
Directed by David Blyth

Hot dogs and condiments were dropped by the hot dog stand, but when the hot dog vendor left, there was nothing on the ground.
--When Trini arrives with the flower, she calls Tommy Billy.

#26- GUNG HO!

When Rita is making the super putties, the Frankenstein monster is in the back, nodding but he was on the episode "Life's A Masquerade".
--The new guns have ZyuRanger written on them as well, at one scene showing Jason with one attached to the back of his Bladeblaster, a mode they didn't
use.

#27- WHEEL OF MISFORTUNE
Written by Mark Ryan & Cheryl Saban
Directed by Terence H. Winkless

--In the last scene, Kimberly says "Oh, where is Rumpelstiltskin?" But, the whole point of the play is that the maiden doesn't know his name.

#30- THE ROCKSTAR
Written by Peggy Nicoll

Billy doesn't morph out. But, when the Rangers are fighting Scorpina by a pool, there is a Japanese man nearby, struggling for help. He is never explained and I didn't know who he was. After watching ZyuRangers, I figured out that he was Dan, the Blue Ranger from ZyuRangers. Billy hadn't morphed out because Dan was in the Rockstar footage instead of the Blue Ranger so they had to take Billy out for no apparent reason.
--The Blue Ranger never morphs out but one scene later he appears with the other Rangers.
--Trini and Zack fall into a pool and are never helped out but they appear with the Rangers later on.

#34- THE GREEN CANDLE PART I
Written by Mark McKain & Stewart St. John

--Rita uses her map and minature wand to find Tommy but it lands somewhere in the Atlantic Ocean when he was in California.

#41- A PIG SURPRISE
Written by Shuki Levy & Douglas Sloan

They call the Power Sword, the Mega Sword.

#46- TO FLEA OR NOT TO FLEE
Written by Douglas Sloan

Zordon tells the Rangers that the rash that Jason has can be spread by touching it but Kimberly touches Jason a lot and never gets it.

#50- RETURN OF AN OLD FRIEND PART II
Written by Shell Danielson
Directed by Worth Keeter

Green Ranger has the Bladeblaster in his holster and it falls out in one fight scene.

#55- TRICK OR TREAT
Written by Danny Sarnoff and Ellen Sarnoff
Directed by Worth Keeter

They call Power Blaster the Mega Blaster

#57- SECOND CHANCE
Written by Mark Litton
Directed by Worth Keeter

The sound that is made when they do the group attack is the same sound from Star Trek: Next Generation Transporter.

SteelReserveHG
01-12-2006, 12:23 PM
good lord so much nitpicking.

rmssw
01-12-2006, 12:52 PM
Mastadon and Saber-Toothed Tiger were mammals that lived millions of years after the extinction of the dinosaurs.

I don't know what history books state otherwise, but they're shockingly wrong.

What I found dumb:

The kids not only constantly hung around eachother, but they had every class together and sat next to each other in all of them.

Buffyxenaman
01-12-2006, 01:18 PM
They always won consets no matter what they were.

rmssw
01-12-2006, 01:50 PM
Another thing:

The kids were able to leave school at any time they needed to, with or without ever going back, with no ill effects from teachers or the principal.

Somehow, the city of Angel Grove had all of the following:

A desert
An ocean coast line
A volcano
An immense glacier
A jungle
A major downtown metropolitan area
At least one rock quarry
Countless vast, non-descript open areas

Dragonzord destroyed the exact same warehouse in the exact same way on multiple occasions. You'd think they'd move that tower that got bitten after the second or third time.

Countless huge buildings in downtown Angel Grove were destroyed, either by monsters attacking them, or by Megazords falling on them, and yet the city recovered and rebuilt very quickly, only to be destoryed again.

imported_imported_Jedi Ranger
01-12-2006, 01:57 PM
Another thing:

The kids were able to leave school at any time they needed to, with or without ever going back, with no ill effects from teachers or the principal.

Somehow, the city of Angel Grove had all of the following:

A desert
An ocean coast line
A volcano
An immense glacier
A jungle
A major downtown metropolitan area
At least one rock quarry
Countless vast, non-descript open areas

Dragonzord destroyed the exact same warehouse in the exact same way on multiple occasions. You'd think they'd move that tower that got bitten after the second or third time.

Countless huge buildings in downtown Angel Grove were destroyed, either by monsters attacking them, or my Megazords falling on them, and yet the city recovered and rebuilt very quickly, only to be destoryed again.

Yea, all that was funny. Angel Grove is a pretty crappy place to live at.

Seerus
01-12-2006, 03:34 PM
The first season, I admit, started off rocky, poorly handled, poorly writting, and on many occasions it was very poorly acted (a friend and I have even considered doing a MST3K-esqe parody of Green With Evil because of that). However, for being the first show of its type in America it was a very good, strong attempt to bring over something new that we all had never seen before. I admit I was impressed as a child by it, and nowadays while I may get more laughs then awe out of the old eps, I still feel that same love and excitement when I watch an old episode.

Genki
01-12-2006, 05:45 PM
Ever watched the scenery in the background..
Monster attack *in town* jump (boom) *on the beach* let my monster grow!! Stomp Stomp *in the mountains*

Okey taking parts from the original sentai serie is okey, but make it fit :P

Jason Frank
01-12-2006, 06:05 PM
just letting everyone know that I DO NOT HATE MIGHT MORPHIN POWER RANGERS . i simply started this thread to note all the stupid things they did, could have made better or just list the mistakes.\

-Brahio

ultra kenn
01-12-2006, 07:49 PM
just letting everyone know that I DO NOT HATE MIGHT MORPHIN POWER RANGERS . i simply started this thread to note all the stupid things they did, could have made better or just list the mistakes.\

-Brahio

yah ok i know.

i only got irritated by it when they were talking to their watches inside a hole or something and nobodysaw them... the hole is the hole where they always teleport to the base or head quarter, i forgot.

OSoKrispie
01-13-2006, 02:35 AM
yah ok i know.

i only got irritated by it when they were talking to their watches inside a hole or something and nobodysaw them... the hole is the hole where they always teleport to the base or head quarter, i forgot.

If you're talking about that little enclosed area at the Youth Center where the lockers are then yeah people must've saw them! lol

Buffyxenaman
01-13-2006, 06:03 AM

-Brahio

Ok we belive you

Tommy_Oliver
01-13-2006, 08:12 AM
It's all a matter of opinion.

I don't like MMPR.

Tommy was annoying, the writing was bad, the actors sucked.
that is your opinion, in my opinion MMPR are not stupid, we don`t have to confront our opinion...

Buffyxenaman
01-13-2006, 11:21 AM
that is your opinion, in my opinion MMPR are not stupid, we don`t have to confront our opinion...
Right on

Jason Frank
01-14-2006, 10:36 AM
Many People Like MMPR, It Was The One of The Best Seasons For me. It Got me Hooked. They made lotsn of mistakes that we never would have seen when we were little.

HereJustToDownload
01-14-2006, 10:29 PM
wow prluver!!
cool man
i think MMPR is the best season
i remember noticing alot of wiered "stupid" stuff when i watched some episodes but i can't remember what..

Zodiac~Guardian
01-15-2006, 02:29 AM
I hated Ninjor just because he was ANNOYING and got on my nerves real bad. That's the only thing i hated out of the first three seasons

Buffyxenaman
01-19-2006, 04:59 AM
I like MMPR. The only thing I didn't understand why they had to go ninja in the thrid season. I like the ninja thing but why did have to go that way?

Fantasy_Dreamer_Chick687
01-19-2006, 06:01 AM
I like MMPR. The only thing I didn't understand why they had to go ninja in the thrid season. I like the ninja thing but why did have to go that way?
Yeah, really? They had 3 different seasons of MMPR, and alluva sudden, they go, "Hmmm...let's go...NINJA!!!" and it all slid from there.
It also didn't make a lot of sense that half the people dropped out part way in the MMPR reign- like from the movie, what I do remember of it, the only actor who was the same was Tommy, but I think the others were different. Unless, the movie wasn't MMPR, though I'm sure it was.....
OK, I can support my input now, I looked it all up. ^_^ They did change the characters half-way through, but only Tommy stayed. Now, how dumb is that?
PS- I do love MMPR, by the way, so...

Azurill
01-19-2006, 06:40 AM
The pig episode was stupid but overall I liked it all. The same mistakes can be found in SPD or worse.

Falconhood
01-19-2006, 11:19 AM
that stupid snorting pig alien! that made me totally conclude that MMPR is stupid beyond belief.

Buffyxenaman
01-20-2006, 03:06 AM
that stupid snorting pig alien! that made me totally conclude that MMPR is stupid beyond belief.

Which episode was that?

GreySword
01-20-2006, 08:15 AM
Pudgy Pig was a great monster!

Buffyxenaman
01-22-2006, 07:05 AM
one monster I found stupid in MMPR was the Two headed Bird Monster.

DanAbare86
01-22-2006, 07:16 AM
A couple times before they morph they had rollur blades on but when they powerdown they did hav roller blades on.

Z-Dekared
01-22-2006, 07:45 AM
the most stupid thing of all is that ninja outfit

Jason Frank
01-22-2006, 07:54 AM
which one, the one from the series or the movie?
if you say the series i agree. it didnt look that good at all. a mask with two shabby holes cut out for the eyes.

Buffyxenaman
01-22-2006, 08:18 AM
I like the MMPR ninja outfit in the moive better then the series too.

OSoKrispie
03-05-2006, 01:28 PM
-Everytime Finster was making a monster it'd be shaped as a monster the Rangers had already defeated.

-Rita making the same faces and doing the same things in diffrent episodes in S1

-The Yellow Rangers not having skirts and they were female rangers.

-No one happened to be taking a stroll or no little kids playing in the park while the Putties/Monsters attacked.

-In the first few episodes of S1 the Rangers would call out their Zords but when it came to Kimberly's turn they just showed her Zord coming out of the Volcano without her calling for it.

Zedd's the man
03-05-2006, 01:38 PM
The Pineoctopus! That thing was stupid beyond beleif! It's power was to be able to turn people into freakin' cardboard cut-outs.

Jason Frank
03-05-2006, 01:50 PM
haha yeh that was good episode, sorta.

the fact that David Yost (Billy) was 33 when they filmed the movie, hes supposed to be a teenager

OSoKrispie
03-05-2006, 03:12 PM
WHOA! No wonder why he looked hella old during Season's 2, 3, and Zeo.

-Tommy coming in and preventing Kimberly and Jason from having some kind of love interest. [i always wanted Kim and Jase to like each other lol]

-When the Rangers were saying Thank You at the end of Doomsday, no one noticed that Kim, Jason, Zack, Trini, and Billy were not present and they didn't recognize their voices.

-Bad Last Season Episodes for 1, 2, and 3

-Trini climbing the rocks in High Five, she could've just back tracked and went up that hill Billy went up.

-On Happy B-day Zack, Ernie doesn't close the Juice Bar which allowed Bulk and Skull, and Zack to enter.

-The Metallic Armor

-The Rangers stopped using their Power Weapons.

-Scorpina never being mentioned again [she'd be a great reason to bring the MMPR cast back].

-In High Five, When the Giant was getting the Rangers in the building, Rita's castle is seen on top of a nearby building.

dinothunder_geek
03-05-2006, 03:27 PM
Every history book I have ever readt states Mastadon and Sabretooth as Dinosaurs. They weren't amphibians, reptiles, or birds. The only one left is dino.

Okay...Sorry! But! DINOSAURS ARE IN THE REPTILE FAMILY!!!! OR CLASS OR ORDER/PHYLUM...WHATEVER YOU WANT TO CALL IT! lol :)

MMPR's acting sucked the plot was stupid and overall it wasn't that great the stuff they produce now in a sense has more substance..I guess is the word...lol...but yeah I still love MMPR best out of all followed by MF, DT, and NS.

Scorpina
03-06-2006, 05:35 AM
-The Blue Unicorn Thunderzord had no horn.
-The Yellow Griffon Thunderzord looked nothing like a griffon.

I know this is because the Zords were Sentai footage, where the Unicorn was originally a Pegasus and the Griffon was originally a Kirin (a mythological creature that resembles a unicorn). Still, you'd think they would have at least made the Yellow Thunderzord the Unicorn and left the Blue Thunderzord as a Pegasus rather than insult the audiences' intelligence.

Zedd's the man
03-06-2006, 05:45 AM
I agree. Surely the people who watch the show would know what a Pegasus is, right?

Deka~Crimson
03-06-2006, 05:58 AM
-Tommy coming in and preventing Kimberly and Jason from having some kind of love interest. [i always wanted Kim and Jase to like each other lol]

-The Rangers stopped using their Power Weapons.

-Scorpina never being mentioned again [she'd be a great reason to bring the MMPR cast back].

the fact that David Yost (Billy) was 33 when they filmed the movie, hes supposed to be a teenager

Great points here. Somethings that I didnt like were that there were SEVERAL times (especially in season 2) where the identities were revealed by the team.

Like the episode in S2 where Zack's ape costume was turned into a monster, at the very end where the rangers go to the park to save Alpha from self destructing, Trini says (right in front of the little boy, Dylan)

"Help him Billy" or something like that, but she DOES say his name in front of a non-ranger.

This also happens again on the episode in S2 where Trini's neighbor gets kidnapped and Trini and Tommy fight on Venus Island. At the end where Tommy carries the girl off, one of the Rangers say

"Good job Tommy"

And the little girl was introduced to Tommy before then! How she couldnt identify him as the Green Ranger is beyond me and a display of poor writing, but ofcourse, I didnt notice that at the time.

OSoKrispie
03-06-2006, 01:53 PM
^ Yeah I was watching those episodes on YouTube, I don't think the little boy knew who the Teens were in person but as for the girl she must've had some kind of hearing disorder lol.

LisaGreywords
03-06-2006, 04:35 PM
I always thought it was weird that they couldn't let anyone see them transform, but then they'd just duck out of sight and yell "MORPHIN TIME". You'd think someone would hear that. Hell, I've always thought shouting out attacks/transformations was a little weird, but they do it in everything so I can't single out MMPR ;)

OSoKrispie: Power Rangers is on YouTube? *scurries off to find it*

OSoKrispie
03-06-2006, 04:58 PM
I always thought it was weird that they couldn't let anyone see them transform, but then they'd just duck out of sight and yell "MORPHIN TIME". You'd think someone would hear that. Hell, I've always thought shouting out attacks/transformations was a little weird, but they do it in everything so I can't single out MMPR ;)

OSoKrispie: Power Rangers is on YouTube? *scurries off to find it*

Yes, Praise the Lord! I'm addicted to that site now waiting for more MMPR episodes to be uploaded! lol

And yeah hasn't anyone noticed the five beams that fly through the sky when they're teleporting? Someone should've heard the phrase "It's Morphin Time" there were plenty of times when they Morphed at the Youth Center when there were people inside and at school, the teachers had to have heard them and maybe some students walking around the school.

Gold Zeo Ranger
03-06-2006, 06:02 PM
The stupid thing about MMPR was when Rocky, Adam, and Aisha came into the picture and Jason, Zack, and Trini quit, Saban edited the show and kept using old clips of Jason, Zack, and Trini from the past episodes to make it look like the three teens were still there. That was funny as hell. And the most stupid thing about MMPR in my whole mind is the explosion attacks. Like when the rangers get blasted by a monster, they always wait one second before they leap in slow motion and fall to the ground. L M A O!!!!

In all.... I LOVE MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS!!! And I still watch that show as I speak! :D :gold:

Sarah Cranston
03-06-2006, 06:24 PM
I know it seems like I came back just to say this but......

Um, not to sound nit-picky or anything, but you're off by ten years. David was twenty-three. Well, twenty-two, since filming for movies usually begins the year before it's scheduled release.

WHOA! No wonder why he looked hella old during Season's 2, 3, and Zeo.

*shakes head* Oy vey....*headDESK*

He didn't look THAT old. Well, not to me anyway. *headDESK's again*

jjc92787
03-07-2006, 12:37 PM
-Ninjor (espically his voice)

-Rito

-Some of the Tenga fighting scenes

-Whenever Zord and giant monster scenes were too short

-Young Catherine

-All of the rangers as little kids in general

-Stop the Hate Master and Storybook Rangers being 2 partners

Zedd's the man
03-08-2006, 02:05 AM
How about how Rita enlarged her monsters even though they were winning?

OSoKrispie
03-08-2006, 10:46 AM
How about how Rita enlarged her monsters even though they were winning?

Yeah that seems pretty stupid because the Rangers would eventually take the monster down in the Megazord.

buzookabob
03-08-2006, 10:54 AM
:mmtr: you have insulted season ! you blasphemer:071: :psycho1: :mmw: :gold:

Mikoto Nakadai
03-08-2006, 11:16 AM
MMPR was alright. However, they have definately improved in the seasons after it. It's nice to know that PR has shaken that kiddie show image that it had.

And one of the things that annoyed the living hell out of me. I know it couldn't be helped, but if a monster was attacking my town, and I had access to a massive, bi-pedal mecha, I would stomp the living crap out of it BEFORE it got a chance to grow.

Oh and another thing. Whenever Lord Zedd arrived, he was a TOTAL badass. By the end of season three he was portrayed as a bumbling idiot.

Venom
03-09-2006, 12:30 AM
haha yeh that was good episode, sorta.

Wrong he was 23 not 33 David Yost Aka Billy was born 1971 not 1961. Get your facts straight.

Orange Galaxy Ranger
03-09-2006, 03:40 AM
The yellow rangers tranforming into guys when morphed and how stupid I was for not noticing as a kid.

The First Black ranger was Black and the Yellow Ranger was Asian.

In Island of Illusion tommy's positive thought to defeat his fear was DEFEATING PUTTYS!! That was his hardest battle come on!.

Zedd's the man
03-09-2006, 05:00 AM
Zedd saying

"Your puttys are useless! I have my own group of speicialy trained, elite puttys!"

Wow! I never knew all you had to do to make puttys "speicialy trained, elite puttys" was to put a big "Z" on their chest.

TheShowstoppa
03-09-2006, 02:56 PM
hehehehe.... I love how things are being nitpicked apart like it were a big budget major motion picture!

I think that was the point of all of this: In its first season, it was a very low-budget show. The mear fact that it had its oh-so many inconsistancies is what made the show so memorable for me when I was 7 and 8 years old. That's why I watched it.

That being said, I look back now and realize how silly it was that other than the Rangers that civilization was supposed to know they were who they were, every ranger always wore the color they were and they all always hung out together and no one noticed. I could have put two and two together, but then again, no one has noticed that Clark Kent is Superman behind dork glasses for almost a century, so I may be in the wrong here :D

Zeo Power
03-09-2006, 03:38 PM
The yellow rangers tranforming into guys when morphed and how stupid I was for not noticing as a kid.

The First Black ranger was Black and the Yellow Ranger was Asian.

In Island of Illusion tommy's positive thought to defeat his fear was DEFEATING PUTTYS!! That was his hardest battle come on!.

I hear people complaining about the Yellow Ranger being a man all the time now. Everyday. Hasn't it became old news yet? I didn't notice it then, and don't care about it now, LOL...

Though Tommy's hardest battle was with the Putties... LMAO!!!

Zedd's the man
03-10-2006, 09:00 AM
hehehehe.... I love how things are being nitpicked apart like it were a big budget major motion picture!

I think that was the point of all of this: In its first season, it was a very low-budget show. The mear fact that it had its oh-so many inconsistancies is what made the show so memorable for me when I was 7 and 8 years old. That's why I watched it.

That being said, I look back now and realize how silly it was that other than the Rangers that civilization was supposed to know they were who they were, every ranger always wore the color they were and they all always hung out together and no one noticed. I could have put two and two together, but then again, no one has noticed that Clark Kent is Superman behind dork glasses for almost a century, so I may be in the wrong here :D
Superman apparently used "Super-hypnotism" to fool people into thinking he looked markably different from clark kent.

PRFan416
03-10-2006, 09:14 AM
i dont c much wrong with mmpr except for the footage a lot of the stuff doesnt make sense like i forgot what episode the monster was attacking the city and then the zords r summoned they r now battling in a valley?

OSoKrispie
03-10-2006, 12:38 PM
Sometimes when the Rangers had to go somewhere important, they looked at their communicator for the time but the communicators don't tell time.

Raakone
03-12-2006, 12:24 AM
With the "Yellow Ranger being Male" issue....the Japanese "ZyuRangers", on which the first season of Power Rangers is based, had a male yellow ranger ("Sabre Toothed Tiger!") In Japan yellow isn't seen as being as feminine as it is here. In a way, a male Yellow Ranger is just doing what Japan did already, much like Justin "growing" when he becomes Blue ranger is not that different from the ORIGINAL "White Tiger Ranger" being a kid who grows bigger when transforming. Just thought you'd find it interesting.

Yes, one of the bad things is that in some ways the people who made the episodes had their "hands tied" by the shows they took it from. That's why they had to change the Zords each season, and eventually they decided to just do what Japan was doing already, which is completly new villains AND heroes each season. With more stuff being CGI (especially Zord sequences), however, it would be theoretically possible to have much more stuff that isn't based on the Japanese series without going overbudget.

Oh, one last thing that was stupid....how come the bad guys always chose the same general area to attack? If there was something magical the Rangers were defending, that's one thing, but the enemies being "I think I'll attack Angel Grove, AGAIN, even though it's the back yard of the Power Rangers"....No wonder they're getting creamed so quickly.

Zeo Power
03-13-2006, 06:56 AM
I also thank it's funny how the monsters are always blasting buildings and running wild through the streets and we see buildings shake and people running... yet on the next episode nothing has been distroyed.

DekaBreak
03-13-2006, 08:12 AM
You guys forgot the fact that "ZyuRanger" was on EVERYTHING! x3

ZeoJetGoldRanger
03-14-2006, 06:57 AM
Look we're not here to debate whether Mighty Morphin was good or not (are we?). We're just pointing out that because it was the first PR series it wasn't exactly the best in the acting department.

I found it silly in the Green with Evil saga how the rangers got in the megazord to battle with Tommy, but instead of retreating Tommy attempted to take on the megazord with his sword of darkness. Obviously he lost. Also in the third part of that mini-saga the rangers morph to battle with a group of puttys and Scorpina, but the battle lasts 5 minutes and I don't think they actually fought Scorpina in the end.

One thing I found just stupid were complaints on the show about how an African American played a black ranger and an Asian played a yellow ranger. I watched it and found it totally irrelavant to the show.

Buffyxenaman
03-14-2006, 08:51 AM
I don't understand what the problem was with a African Amercian playing the black Ranger and A asian playing the Yellow Ranger. My thoughts on this are if the people playing the role had problem with it they would never had to agree to do it in the first place.

ZeoJetGoldRanger
03-15-2006, 12:53 AM
You want to know something else quite funny? In Malaysia the catchphrase "It's morphin time" was considered controversial because it sounded like "It's morphine time". Also it should be noted that although the actors of Zach and Trinity left it was not because of the racist remarks, although since then no African American has played a black ranger and no Asian has played a yellow ranger.

JdW
03-15-2006, 01:50 AM
I never liked when they would use Billy's flying car when teleporting was unavailable. Flying car that would fly into the command center? LOL it was too cheesy a premise and WAY too cheesy of an effect for me.

ZeoJetGoldRanger
03-15-2006, 05:26 AM
The whole idea that the film was out of continuity was a bit stupid.

I thought the idea of that monster that was a giant pig was silly, I mean he apparently could eat the whole worlds supply of food in 24 hours? What the Hell!!

teenage-monkey
03-15-2006, 10:16 PM
MMPR's first ten epsiodes were great, it sucked big time especially when they had Ninjor and the aliens.

ZeoJetGoldRanger
03-15-2006, 10:53 PM
I thought the indivual morphin catchphrasees during the Ninja sagas were terrible: "Black ranger power, Pink Ranger power, Blue ranger power etc."

Jason Frank
03-15-2006, 11:32 PM
MMPR's first ten epsiodes were great, it sucked big time especially when they had Ninjor and the aliens.

i agree and disagree at the same time, i think that ninja powers sucked but the alien rangers gave us a look at what coulda been (like the suits). just like how white ranger showed us the diaranger suits.

OSoKrispie
03-16-2006, 02:24 AM
(BTW I'm very sorry I've got three identical posts by me, my computer must have had a slow internet connection so I must have pressed the button three times XD)

I thought the indivual morphin catchphrasees during the Ninja sagas were terrible: "Black ranger power, Pink Ranger power, Blue ranger power etc."

Yeah those were cheesy, they should've called out their animal spirits or something.

They also should've changed the costumes a little bit to make it look like their animal spirts because the Rangers no longer were "Dinozord" Rangers.

ZeoJetGoldRanger
03-16-2006, 02:29 AM
i agree and disagree at the same time, i think that ninja powers sucked but the alien rangers gave us a look at what coulda been (like the suits). just like how white ranger showed us the diaranger suits.
The Ninja powers were cool in the film, but not so much in the TV series. And those giant birds were rubbish primary enemies.

Ellissa
03-16-2006, 04:35 AM
1: As we've already said, a Sabretooth Tiger and a Mastodon are mammals, not Dinosaurs.

2: A Dragon is NOT a Dinosaur, it is a fictional creature wihch if it did exist would be classed as a reptile(?)

3: Buildings were constantly destroyed, yet somehow, there was never any mentin of a death toll of any kind. (This happens in every series and it still annoys me >_<) and also, the buildings are always rebuilt without any fuss and the military were never asked to deal with the "monster attacks"

4: Just like in Dragon Ball Z, there seems to be a lot of barren waste lands out there.

5: The Rangers all happen to be in the same class, always sit with each other and hang around each other, always ran off when the Rangers were needed, always talk to their wrists, and always wear their Ranger colours, yet no one ever suspected them of being the Power Rangers.

I'm sure there are loads more too >_<

jjc92787
03-16-2006, 07:27 AM
They never said Dragonzord was a dinosaur on the show.

And they didn't always have all the same classes. In the first season there was one class that Tommy was in without any of the other rangers. And the same group of people being in the same classes all day isn't unrealistic. It happens a lot in my school.

MarvelRanger
03-16-2006, 09:56 AM
I'm surprised that no one has said this but:
-Whenever the Power Rangers would do the whole "Power Rangers!" shout out, explosives of colored smoke would explode behind them. What the hell?
-Monsters having to anounce themselves before attack, like they could use there attacks before anyone noticed?
-Another thing about shouting out "Power Rangers!" Do you really need a roll call AFTER the villian has already established there goal of killing you and you've become famous for saving whatever town your in?
-Monsters walking a a crowded area scaring off everyone, you'd then they'd attack someone
-Area's in cities where megazords can walk and fight without crushing anything. What city has that?
-Another thing with megazords, no ones ever been stepped on by those things?
-I don't know why I've never brought this up but when you think about it, the only protective gear the Power Rangers wear is a helmet.

pwl4life
03-16-2006, 12:42 PM
I never minded the fact that the Megazord always fought in the "Abbandoned wherehouse district" of angel grove.

BUT One thing I always hated which I'm surprized no-one has mentioned yet, was how cheap Saban was that they couldn't even afford a decent Shield for the green ranger. The easiest way to telll American from Japanese footage its to watch Green Rangers Shield change.

http://www.rovang.org/wg/pics/greenranger.jpg
http://www.rangercentral.com/episodes/ep017/eppic11.jpg

Jason Frank
03-17-2006, 02:14 AM
I never minded the fact that the Megazord always fought in the "Abbandoned wherehouse district" of angel grove.

BUT One thing I always hated which I'm surprized no-one has mentioned yet, was how cheap Saban was that they couldn't even afford a decent Shield for the green ranger. The easiest way to telll American from Japanese footage its to watch Green Rangers Shield change.

http://www.rovang.org/wg/pics/greenranger.jpg
http://www.rangercentral.com/episodes/ep017/eppic11.jpg

yeh i know, i always hated that. sabans one looked like it was made by an 8th grade student taking a fabrics class.

and the spikes on the gloves are fatter, worse.

LisaGreywords
03-17-2006, 08:50 AM
Well, at least the American-made costumes seemed to have improved over time. (At least, I think they looked good in the later seasons).

And don't be dissing the colored smoke. It's cheesy but it amuses the heck out of me. :P

And earlier someone mentioned the thing about the Black Ranger being African and the Yellow Ranger being Asian... I mean, really, there are more racist things than that. And nobody complains that the white ranger was played by a white guy. (I know Tommy was part Native American, but I'm pretty sure the actor's not. If not there have been others)

Vaclon
03-17-2006, 09:05 AM
Lol, i never noticed that the black ranger was african and yellow ranger was asian. You learn something new everyday lol.

Bag of Magic Food
03-18-2006, 01:53 AM
The Ninja powers were cool in the film, but not so much in the TV series. And those giant birds were rubbish primary enemies.
I dunno, I thought the Tengas were a nice change from sentai's usual blob-faced spandex guys.

ZeoJetGoldRanger
03-18-2006, 07:08 PM
I suppose, but they could've done something better than giant birds...

SPD Red
03-19-2006, 02:56 AM
I'm surprised that no one has said this but:
-Whenever the Power Rangers would do the whole "Power Rangers!" shout out, explosives of colored smoke would explode behind them. What the hell?
-Monsters having to anounce themselves before attack, like they could use there attacks before anyone noticed?
-Another thing about shouting out "Power Rangers!" Do you really need a roll call AFTER the villian has already established there goal of killing you and you've become famous for saving whatever town your in?
-Monsters walking a a crowded area scaring off everyone, you'd then they'd attack someone
-Area's in cities where megazords can walk and fight without crushing anything. What city has that?
-Another thing with megazords, no ones ever been stepped on by those things?
-I don't know why I've never brought this up but when you think about it, the only protective gear the Power Rangers wear is a helmet.

No there was never any colored smoke in MMPR, that stuff came with all the teamups post MMPR-PRIS. The only colored smoke in that time was when in the Turbo movie when the zords were crossing the desert.

Also the roll call was not done in MMPR. SPD is the first series where I've seen that every single ranger has to say something in every battle. That's one of the few annoying things I've found in SPD.

fingerlessglovedude
03-20-2006, 04:33 AM
Well here are my thoughts and views of MMPR. I think it was cool and to be honest with you all most of the stroylines got me going pretty well and kept me into it.....But also taking into account that some episodes grandly sucked (if you no what I mean like that) and I thought that the rangers could be a bit lame sometimes...Pretty good but work needed to be done...Oh well....You gotta give Haim some credit it was his first EVER series so I give him thumbs up!

hyper ranger orange
03-23-2006, 11:18 AM
in real life what do you think the camand center really is?????i think they just got the out side shots of a rich basterds house

jjc92787
03-23-2006, 12:57 PM
I think it's actually some type of Jewish (?) temple in real life. There's a Marilyn Manson video where you can see it in the beginning of the video.

Bag of Magic Food
03-23-2006, 01:50 PM
I read that it was a college building.

hyper ranger orange
03-24-2006, 11:08 AM
maby its at area 51 and saben bought his way in

pwl4life
03-25-2006, 03:11 AM
I was wondering that myself. I saw it in an episode of star trek. I wish I knew where it was/ what it was

Red Ninja
03-25-2006, 09:41 AM
Ok even though I'm new here I'm going to say this: It's a kids show!! Little kid's aren't supposed to notice all this stuff. I been watching old episodes from my childhood lately and that's why I joined here.

hyper ranger orange
03-25-2006, 10:18 AM
im 14 i take things very litterly

Bag of Magic Food
03-25-2006, 01:11 PM
Ok even though I'm new here I'm going to say this: It's a kids show!!
Kids deserve better.

mikey31
03-27-2006, 02:31 AM
I think it's actually some type of Jewish (?) temple in real life. There's a Marilyn Manson video where you can see it in the beginning of the video.

Yeah I noticed that when I saw the clip years ago.

smashedcrabzord
12-27-2007, 12:40 AM
Ok, there was coloured smoke in "A Ranger Catastrophe", when the tengas attacked at the lake and the rangers came out of the water in their ninja suits.

Also, not only are the Mastadon, Sabre-tooth Tiger and Dragon not dinosaurs, neither is the Pterydactyl. Dinosaurs could not fly.

More stupid things...

The Dragonzord in fighting mode (battle mode) was often wrongly called the MegaDragonzord

It's impossible to tell exactly what class Miss Appleby taught...

The ThunderMegazord was often incorrectly called Megazord

We're expected to believe that a face mask can instantly change a person's face...

I'm sure I can think of more...

smashedcrabzord
12-27-2007, 12:43 AM
Oh something else I just thought of...

Zedd had Serpentara at his disposal, but he never had it charged enough to destroy anything and eventually neglected it until he wanted to go on a honeymoon or needed to evacuate the moon...

Jiemusu
12-27-2007, 12:54 AM
Also, not only are the Mastadon, Sabre-tooth Tiger and Dragon not dinosaurs, neither is the Pterydactyl. Dinosaurs could not fly.

Lol so true, Triceratops and Tyrannosarus (And technically Titanus) are the only ACTUAL dinosaurs in MMPR

The Dragonzord in fighting mode (battle mode) was often wrongly called the MegaDragonzord

I suppose because Dragonzord in fighting mode is a bit of a mouthful to say most of the time in battle

It's impossible to tell exactly what class Miss Appleby taught...

Ok this was a major flaw lol, apparently she taught a number of different subjects... and apparently most of her classes it seems featured the rangers, Bulk and Skull.

Or the camera only showed the ranger's in class when they were in Ms Appleby's class, they probably have other classes it's just we never saw them in them.

Mrs Appleby seemed to teach English and History

The ThunderMegazord was often incorrectly called Megazord

Again this is because of the mouthful of the zord's full name in battle. Megazord really applies to each Megazord. The first Megazord should have been called 'Dino Megazord' or whatever, but because it was the first it was just shortened to Megazord because there were no other Megazords to difference it from.

Oh something else I just thought of...

Zedd had Serpentara at his disposal, but he never had it charged enough to destroy anything and eventually neglected it until he wanted to go on a honeymoon or needed to evacuate the moon...

Because then Power Rangers would be OVER, mwahaha!

Well it did destroy most of the abandoned planet in the 'Power Transfer' so we know it's power.

smashedcrabzord
12-27-2007, 01:22 AM
Because then Power Rangers would be OVER, mwahaha!

Well it did destroy most of the abandoned planet in the 'Power Transfer' so we know it's power.

Do you think in season 3 Zedd always just expected Rito to not have charged Serpentara up and so didn't bother to use it again?

smashedcrabzord
12-27-2007, 01:26 AM
Something else I just realised... unlike in Season 1 where all 6 zords could combine (Megadragonzord) before going into Ultrazord mode, this could not be done with the Thunderzords. The closest they ever came was when the TigerMegazord shook hands with the Red Dragon Thunderzord.

Which brings up another very good question... since technically there are the same number of zords in the TigerMegazord as in the ThunderMegazord... wouldn't that mean the concentration of power would be the same? What would be the point in having a different Megazord mode???

DaiRed
12-27-2007, 03:42 AM
Something else I just realised... unlike in Season 1 where all 6 zords could combine (Megadragonzord) before going into Ultrazord mode, this could not be done with the Thunderzords. The closest they ever came was when the TigerMegazord shook hands with the Red Dragon Thunderzord.

Which brings up another very good question... since technically there are the same number of zords in the TigerMegazord as in the ThunderMegazord... wouldn't that mean the concentration of power would be the same? What would be the point in having a different Megazord mode???

Because the White Ranger's power was greater than the Red Ranger's.

PowerOnyx
12-27-2007, 12:22 PM
You want to know something else quite funny? In Malaysia the catchphrase "It's morphin time" was considered controversial because it sounded like "It's morphine time". Also it should be noted that although the actors of Zach and Trinity left it was not because of the racist remarks, although since then no African American has played a black ranger and no Asian has played a yellow ranger.

Here's an interesting fact.
Power Rangers was banned in New Zealand because it was deemed too violent.
Power Rangers series are now filmed there.

Jiemusu
12-27-2007, 06:16 PM
Oh yeah MMMPR was was banned somewhere because the country thought the 'MORPHIN' was 'MORPHINE' and it was promoting drugs lol. I forgot the country though.

Kristin_Oliver
01-15-2008, 05:09 PM

Yeah I always thought that in "Island Of Illusion", Tommy's greatest fear being of tons of putties was absolutely ridicious, especially considering Tommy's never had a real problem with defeating putties and even in the first episode when the putties attacked him in the alley, he kicked their butts to the curb.

I was greatly disappointed by this fact cause we might've been able to explore his psyche a little bit.

Personally I've always thought some good candidate's for Tommy's greatest fear could have been:

* Being completely alone in the whole world

* Being rejected by his friends

* Turning evil again against his will/ Rita being able to control him again

* Facing and being defeated by an evil more powerful version of himself

* Losing his powers

Anyways there's my little input on that.

The thing that still irks me to this day is the calling out "It's Morphin' Time!"/ talking to their communicator/teleporting in the middle of the school/Youth Center/Juice bar thing. I always thought it was ridicious no one knew who they were when they did stuff like that or wondered where they disappeared to all the time.

Kemo
01-15-2008, 10:51 PM
and another thing, MMPR is not stupid...
i know but they did take long to find out how to hit the Z on the putties.

Zeo_Dragonzord
01-21-2008, 03:26 AM
I liked MMPR and to see all this you guys got eagle eyes !!