PDA

View Full Version : [Ranger] Alpha 5

MysticForceLloyd
02-28-2006, 02:32 AM
In MMPR, we had Alpha 5, right? Was there an Alpha 1,2,3 and 4? The only reason why I am saying this because there was an Alpha 6 (and 7? I can't remember). If there is no reference, then why does he start at 5?

And after Turbo, what happened to Alpha? All I remember is that there was a cocky annoying Alpha 6?

Can anyone help me?

RangerKing
02-28-2006, 04:15 AM
Yes there are many different Alphas. In fact during the Alien Rangers arc, we saw an Alpha robot in the Command Center basement in a box, which we can assume is Alpha 4. Alpha was probably just a random number choosen, though it is apparant that during the 10,000 years Zordon was on Earth that he has always had an Alpha robot, so the lifetime of the robots are really long, possibly being almost 2,000 years.

After Turbo, it is assumed that Alpha was destroyed after the War of Eltare.

imported_imported_Orange Ranger
02-28-2006, 07:27 AM
Poor Alpha 5. Alpha 7 (as only seen in the Forever Red episode) had 5's voice. So maybe Alpha was almost destroyed, then reconstructed into Alpha 7. Or maybe Alpha 7 was just a brand new Alpha with the same voicebox that 5 had.

RangerKing
02-28-2006, 12:36 PM
Orange Ranger, Alpha 6 during Space and Lost Galaxy had the same voice as Alpha 5.

imported_imported_Jedi Ranger
02-28-2006, 01:15 PM
Orange Ranger, Alpha 6 during Space and Lost Galaxy had the same voice as Alpha 5.

No it didn't. Alpha 6 had that girly sounding voice.

blazeranger
02-28-2006, 03:12 PM
may the writers for the show named him alpha 5 becuase they started with 5 rangers

omagarangers
02-28-2006, 03:25 PM
Or did they.

RangerKing
03-27-2006, 12:22 AM
Alpha's voice actors:

Alpha 5: Richard Horvitz
Alpha 6 (Turbo): Katerina Luciani
Alpha 6 (Space-Lost Galaxy): Richard Horvitz
Alpha 7: Richard Horvitz

Alpha 5 never had a real masculine voice to begin with and neither did Alpha 6 and 7 later on.

teenage-monkey
03-27-2006, 02:57 AM
Alpha 6 was awful, sounded like a New York police cop.

RangerKing
03-27-2006, 03:44 AM
"Police cop"? That's a bit redundant isn't it?

That was the Turbo version of Alpha 6, before Andros gave him the original Alpha voice. This was probably because of fan opinion of the voice from Turbo as it seemed to be planned back before Space and if I remember correctly was used as part of the Turbo finale.

FenrirRanger
03-27-2006, 05:18 AM
There is also a posibility that Alpah started out as just Alpha, and over the eons did not wear out, but upgraded itself, similar to Brainiac (DC) or Ultorn (Marvel) and that the number indicate a version/generation number. This process would appear to have gotten broken with the creation of Alpha 6, as that one seemed to generally be a duplicate of 5.

Yaminomalex
03-27-2006, 05:22 AM
Alpha's voice actors:

Alpha 5: Richard Horvitz
Alpha 6 (Turbo): Katerina Luciani
Alpha 6 (Space-Lost Galaxy): Richard Horvitz
Alpha 7: Richard Horvitz

Alpha 5 never had a real masculine voice to begin with and neither did Alpha 6 and 7 later on.

Actually, Alpha 6 ( during Space-Lost Galaxy) was voiced by Wendee Lee.

NeoRanger
03-27-2006, 05:24 AM
Actually, I think that the numbers refer to the models. It's backed up by the existence of both Alpha 6 and Alpha 7. I do, however, disagree that Alpha 6 was meant as a duplicate of Alpha 5. The only reason they looked the same was because for some odd and INSANE reason they used Alpha 6's armor for the last couple of Alpha 5's episodes (and which is inconsistent, because in Passing the Torch, Alpha 5 had his classic body) and they never bothered to mention what upgrades this model had, if any.

RangerKing
03-27-2006, 05:29 AM
The Alpha robots were made by King Lexian for Zordon and his Power Rangers. Each robot can be replaced or have an additional robot to work with it and each robot retains/shares the memories of the previous robot. This was hinted in the original Forever Red script in this scene.

Alpha 7: Greetings, I am Alpha 7
Cole: What is an Alpha 7?
Alpha 7: A fully sentient, multi-fuctional automaton. Not to mention I'm a walking database of everything relating to Power Rangers.

RangerKing
03-27-2006, 05:32 AM
Actually, Alpha 6 ( during Space-Lost Galaxy) was voiced by Wendee Lee.

Thanks for correcting me, I got carried away with the copying and pasting.

Yaminomalex
03-27-2006, 05:38 AM
Thanks for correcting me, I got carried away with the copying and pasting.

Well, I'm a big fan of hers.

RangerKing
03-27-2006, 05:42 AM
You know what though? I'm really suprised that Alpha didn't appear during Dino Thunder.

Red Buster
03-27-2006, 08:11 AM
In the episode Hogday Afternoon, while Goldar and Rito are in the basement of the Command Center, we can see an armless/headless Alpha body, presumably Alpha 4. Also, in Wild West Rangers, an Alpha is in the Command Center. It could be Alpha 4, or Alpha 5.

shadowsaber200
03-28-2006, 01:08 AM
In MMPR, we had Alpha 5, right? Was there an Alpha 1,2,3 and 4? The only reason why I am saying this because there was an Alpha 6 (and 7? I can't remember). If there is no reference, then why does he start at 5?

And after Turbo, what happened to Alpha? All I remember is that there was a cocky annoying Alpha 6?

Can anyone help me?

alpha 5 went back to his home planet with zorden that is why Dimitria was the new mentor and alpha 6 cam with her but www.rangercentral.com says this about alpha 6

Alpha 6
With the arrival of Dimitria appeared Alpha 6, the latest in a long line of Alphas -an Alpha with attitude. Alpha 6 left with the powerless Turbo Rangers to assist them in space, where he lost his attitude, and got a new voice similar to Alpha 5.

RangerKing
03-28-2006, 01:51 AM
Also Alpha 4 in the basement of the command center. If you wanted additional Alphas in a fanfic, I was going to use the pilot Alpha for Alpha 4 and the first movie Alpha for Alpha 8.