PDA

View Full Version : [Ranger] Post-Discussion: Episode 14.07: Fire Heart

bluelightstar
03-27-2006, 03:25 AM
The team spies on Necrolai via Rootcore's tech, and uses magic to copy a map she's recently attained. It will lead them through the Cimmerian Forest, up against strange creatures, giant spiders, and quicksand, all to claim the ancient power known as Fire Heart! All this, plus a Taxi Cab monster!

--Tv.com

It's named after the Cimmerian Planet it seems. And a return of the Crabby Cabby - sounds fun!

Zeo Ranger IV Green
03-27-2006, 05:01 AM
Sounds like a load of fun to watch, can't wait to see it.

Arcangel_Ranger
03-27-2006, 09:36 AM
another taxi cab monster great when was the last time in fairtails you seen a taxicab

Ranger Of Oz
03-27-2006, 07:52 PM
Could be worse. Could be a bus.

Eiji-Silver
03-28-2006, 11:14 AM
No post-discussion yet? :P

The ep was good.

Jim Ross
03-28-2006, 06:18 PM
Fire Heart was a decent episode

Shinji2015
03-28-2006, 10:55 PM
Yeah, that's all I can say about this episode. Decent, but nothing that hasn't been seen before.

Alba
03-29-2006, 02:38 AM
Another great installment in The Mystic Force season. I loved it. 9/10.

And the preview for the next episode looked great!

TheRealColeEvans
03-29-2006, 02:57 AM
<sighs>

Another craptacular installment in The Mystic Force Season is more like it...

2/10

Yellow Stranger
03-29-2006, 03:27 AM
WHY?

Why is it good? Why is it bed? Discuss these things people, -_-:

Brown Ranger
03-29-2006, 03:41 AM
I like this ep. But I think Xander is a dick pure and simple. Natural born leader my ass. I hate the way he's so full of himself.

On the other hand does it seem that there is something developing between Vida and Nick. They seemed awfully close this ep.

Eiji-Silver
03-29-2006, 08:56 AM
I say it was good because it was like SWAT, although without some of the key elements, that make SWAT better.

So there's my 2 cents.

PinkForever
03-29-2006, 11:48 PM
I liked it. Xander was a bit of a pain and they had some major OC goings on with what they have presented with Madison before this episode, but other than that okay.

Also, I finding that I really like Vida and Chip. At first, I thought they both would be on my worst personalties ever list.

Adus
03-30-2006, 05:08 AM
Hinata-sama, my love -_-

So Chip doesn't suck as much as I thought he would? A bit of a relief, but he's no Tsubasa...

PinkForever
03-30-2006, 05:32 AM
Chip most likely still sucks. I've just lowered my standards as what I always do during the Disney reign of terror.

uncle johnny rocamartin
03-31-2006, 07:06 AM
nice episode, xander/nick = jack/sky?.

blondbird
04-02-2006, 03:45 AM
Chip can get a little annoying, by simply living in his fantasy world. Can he accept reality for two seconds?
Xander is somewhat full of himself, but I forsee a true slap in the face for him. I can't explain it, but I think he will have a rude awakining.
As far as V and Nick, who knows? Maybe they will pull a Kimberly and Tommy, or maybe that will go to Madison and Chip. (I'm sorry, that geek needs some kind of action!)
This specific episode didn't quite go up to par as compared to other ep. But it leaves you with a thing to remember down the road.
One thing I did notice. In this series, they (at least for a while) would allow the Titan Megazords to work separatly, then together as one. It's like they are tossing it back to the days of old, when Rangers used things separatly before joining together. That aspect was kind of lost, especially in DinoThunder and SPD. Sorry for the diehard SPD fans, but it is true.

Poweranimals
04-03-2006, 08:46 AM
This episode was awesome. I really liked them introducing the Fire Heart into the story early on. It looks like it'll end up being the Battlizer. The intro was cool with the scientist being shown interested in it as well.

It was good to finally get some Xander focus. Xander was hillarious. "Fine! I'll do it myself. Like everything else around here." Then bringing Jake Bonebreaker to life. The quest through the Cimmerian Forest was cool. Go Team Xander! The Forest was a nice throwback to MMPR where there were certain places that prevented their powers and the name was a reference to the Cimmerian Planet in PRIS.

The action was great and good use of the Mystic Speeder given that the monster is a taxi. There seems to be a lot of build up for this season. Didn't Bruce say Disney wanted all standalone episodes? Hmm..

It also looks like they might have some trouble with the Rangers getting caught on camera in the near future. Did they ever take care of the tape? Anyway.. next week looks interesting. Hopefully we'll find out if Leelee is Necrolai.

I gotta say they're doing much better with the pacing this season. The episodes seem more multi focused rather than just being about one thing. Plus the episodes seem to carry a lot more weight. It's reminding me a lot of a bit of Ninja Storm with MMPR and Dino Thunder elements mixed in. Thus far, really enjoyable.

Rhino
04-04-2006, 03:53 AM
I liked the episode! Except... they didn't do anything about the tape that caught Nick and Vida morphing, did they. Jeebus.

ForeverBlue
04-04-2006, 11:52 AM
Um, should we be on the next episode thread already? lol

Crystal Ranger
04-06-2006, 07:42 AM
What I liked:
- If the Fire Heart turns out to be the MF version of the legend Power, but I'm that will be called "Armor of the Ancients or something like that. My hopeful guess it will be the Red Ranger's Battilizer.
- They didn't waste time in dealing with the plot and they didn't have the Rangers just find the map in a book or had it dropped during battle. They had to look for it.
- Toby proved why I think he is a good/funny ally. Having him over worked about his favorite singer, then having him disappointed when he comes back out and finds him as cardboard again. Yet he still took the picture.
- Phineas took part again in both being funny and helpful to the Rangers. Both by leading Nick and Vida out of the woods and saving the other three.
- That not just one side got the whole map. How they both try to get the other half should prove interesting.
- That Nick used the bike to fight the taxi, I would've been let down if they didn't use it.
- The Zord fight was just awesome. Glad they kept it in.
- Jake actually coming in at the end and this time Toby doesn't believe them.

What I Didn't Like:
- The fact that the Fire Heart may end up being the boxing gloves.
- Chip's first reaction to the map and his worst nightmare. Proving again why I don't like him.
- It didn't really seem as dangerous as Udonna made it out to sound.
- The fights focused on Nick and Vida while unmorphed scenes focused on Xander. Didn't make much sense.
- Madison, normally the logical one ended going with Xander instead of Phineas, which really didn't seem like her.
- The other map was pretty much out in the open. Granted it was safely secured, but it didn't seem too bright.
- The MEgazord part of the Zord fight was cut to a single sword strike and a finisher.

I think this was their strongest episode yet. I give it an A-.