PDA

View Full Version : Biggest let down?

ForeverGreen
03-27-2006, 04:39 PM
Hey, I'm a n00b here. Name is Andy, I chose ForeverGreen at random. *shrugs*

Anyway, I'm sure this has been done before, but, I was wondering, what, in your opinion, was the biggest let down in Power Rangers history?

Mine would probably have to be the movie. They waited a year too long. I'm just not a fan of Rocky, Aisha or Adam.

Knightmare
03-27-2006, 04:56 PM
Welcome to the board ForeverGreen.

I think the biggest let-down was Omega. I waited for his introduction liking DekaBreak and then...we got Mr. Sparkle. I just think that if they hired an actor for Sam (they hired one even for about a second), it would have been portrayed much better.

Jason Frank
03-27-2006, 05:48 PM
Justin + Blue Ranger Turbo Role = Big let down

elemental_ranger
03-27-2006, 06:33 PM
wild foce and lightspeed rescue! the biggesty let downs in history!!!!

Jason Frank
03-27-2006, 06:36 PM

CAN I GET AN AMEN!? yeh im agreeing.

elemental_ranger
03-27-2006, 06:37 PM
i hear you brother!!! amen!

MysticForceLloyd
03-28-2006, 12:30 AM
Oh come on! Lightspeed...OK, I agree with you there. But what the hell is wring with Wild Force? I thought it was amazing

Now, for the let downs, would you like pages or a vague list? lol

shadowsaber200
03-28-2006, 12:36 AM

light speed was ok but wld force was rubbish so did turbo :Sick:

Deka~Crimson
03-28-2006, 12:38 AM
Oh come on! Lightspeed...OK, I agree with you there. But what the hell is wring with Wild Force? I thought it was amazing

Now, for the let downs, would you like pages or a vague list? lol

MFL, you know me and you see eye to eye on alot of things, but Wild Force was simply a poor season, I know that you know this. Lol. All I need to say is "Cole" well Max too and Danny oh and Shayla, OMG! Let me stop here.

My biggest letdown would have to be the Psychos coming back in PRLG. :( If they weren`t going to do it right, they shouldn't have done it at all

MysticForceLloyd
03-28-2006, 12:43 AM
MFL, you know me and you see eye to eye on alot of things, but Wild Force was simply a poor season, I know that you know this. Lol. All I need to say is "Cole" well Max too and Danny oh and Shayla, OMG! Let me stop here.
Nah, I know you are. XD

But, OK I know Shayla was awful...but apart from that I enjoyed Wildforce.

*Runs and cries in a corner:(*

RangerKing
03-28-2006, 12:45 AM
38 episodes known as S.P.D. was the biggest let down for me.

Quantum Leap Ranger
03-28-2006, 05:10 AM
The Turbo Movie because it didn't really explain much about the new suits and what were Jason and Kimberly doing in that movie? And having it as the Turbo premiere was a bad idea by Saban.

jjc92787
03-28-2006, 06:46 AM
Jason and Kimberly came back to help their friends with what they were doing with the orphanage in the Turbo movie.

Anyway, I'd say Turbo was a big disappointment. I barely got used to the new cast, espically Justin. It was just too weird and stupid to have an 11 year old be a power ranger. The villians were also dumb and the season in general pretty much sucked after Tommy, Adam, Tayna, and Kat left.

Also, I'd say Serpentera being destroyed by just one ranger is also a big disappointment. I guess it was kind of cool to have the new guy take charge and do it, but I still strongely believe it should have been a team effort. The whole episode was about the red rangers coming back to form a team, and then Cole does the job himself.

RangerKing
03-28-2006, 07:06 AM
It was actually a very smart move to make the Turbo movie. For one they owed it to Fox as part of a two picture deal. Though Saban was able to get all of the sets made for FREE. He didn't have to pay for anything they would eventually be used in the Turbo season.

imported_imported_Jedi Ranger
03-28-2006, 07:25 AM
Biggest let down was the crappy Zeo ending.

Falconhood
03-28-2006, 08:19 AM
the fact that there is NO Wolf Knight Centaurus Megazord 12" toy in the USA line.

Yaminomalex
03-28-2006, 10:10 AM
I'd say the biggest let down in the history of Power Rangers was the final episode of Time Force.

The anti-climax killed it for me.

Deka~Crimson
03-28-2006, 10:13 AM
Another letdown for me was the Jack in SPD.

I felt he was severely underdeveloped to be a Red Ranger.

One of the few Jack centered eps tho, in the beginning, I believe it was called Confronted, I feared that they were going to make Jack into a stereotype. Eventhough, he changed his ways at the end, there was never really any episodes that were made to go deeper into the psyche of Jack. Alot of untapped potential there.

NightWing726
03-28-2006, 11:06 AM

One of the few Jack centered eps tho, in the beginning, I believe it was called Confronted, I feared that they were going to make Jack into a stereotype. Eventhough, he changed his ways at the end, there was never really any episodes that were made to go deeper into the psyche of Jack. Alot of untapped potential there.WOOT!! Someone agrees with me!

I personally never bought Jack as the Red Ranger. There were a few times when he shined, but for the most part I just sat there and wondered why the heck he was the leader.

I had basically the same feeling about Shane, but then again, he was never really a leader. He was almost on the same level as the other Ninja students.

Back to Jack for a second...
How the heck did he get those martial arts skills and perfect accuracy with dual pistols? I'm SO not buying the argument that his skills "came with the suit".

Red Buster
03-28-2006, 11:19 AM
the fact that there is NO Wolf Knight Centaurus Megazord 12" toy in the USA line.

just wait...they will...

The biggest letdown in PR history has to be some of the Red Rangers.

Wild Force Red Ranger: Ape Boy
SPD Red Ranger: Criminal

Do I really need to explain? =P

MarvelRanger
03-28-2006, 12:45 PM
You know, I've liked every season up until now, except for one.
The biggest let down for me was Wild Force. Sorry, but that season to me was just too kiddy, even for a kid. Plus, I hate it when they try to make your favorite show a public service anouncement, that just... isn't cool.
I will give Wild Force one thing though it did have great...no wait, it didn't...but it did have... no wait that wasn't them either...oh well!

RadoGoji
03-28-2006, 01:25 PM
*Puts up flame shields* The biggest let-down for me was In Space. I was more or less turned off by Turbo and then in Space just kind of got ridiculous. After that, PR took a long slope downhill, and hasn't improved since. Again, this is my opinion. Take it as you like.

NightWing726
03-28-2006, 01:33 PM
*Puts up flame shields* The biggest let-down for me was In Space. I was more or less turned off by Turbo and then in Space just kind of got ridiculous. After that, PR took a long slope downhill, and hasn't improved since. Again, this is my opinion. Take it as you like.Hmm. Interesting. How did it get ridiculous, in your opinion?

RadoGoji
03-28-2006, 01:46 PM
I didn't know about Sentai at the time (even if I did, In Space has nothing to do with Megaranger, which is based off technology, not just Space stuff), so I didn't know about the reason why the themes kept changing every year. I was able to put up with the crap about the "legendary" cars somehow, but "OK, so they're in space now?" was more or less the reaction I got with this. I personally thought they were trying too hard.

Dr. Norris
03-28-2006, 01:57 PM

I think the biggest let-down was Omega. I waited for his introduction liking DekaBreak and then...we got Mr. Sparkle. I just think that if they hired an actor for Sam (they hired one even for about a second), it would have been portrayed much better.

I totally agree with you... not having an actor for Omega was probably the biggest let down for me.

Owaranai Tsubasa
03-28-2006, 02:13 PM
Having my first love, Kimberly, leave the show... Way to crush a 5 year old's heart.

But seriously, probably Turbo or Shayla. I mean, I really liked Wild Force, but I just couldn't stand Shayla. And Turbo was just bad.

Yes, I liked Wild Force. I liked Cole. And Alyssa. And Danny. And Taylor. And Max. Oh yes, and the Animarium was pretty sweet. I was also happy about all the zords being CG (not the best CG, mind you). It just made all the animations a lot smoother and less "they're just in suits..." type deal.

RangerKing
03-28-2006, 02:18 PM
It was actually weird going pretty much four seasons having almost completely CGI zords and then S.P.D. happened and they were models or whatever they are again.

Owaranai Tsubasa
03-28-2006, 02:41 PM
It was actually weird going pretty much four seasons having almost completely CGI zords and then S.P.D. happened and they were models or whatever they are again.

Yah, I agree. It's something I don't really like, but at least in Mystic Force they're CG sometimes. I just wish it was all the time.

Britor
03-28-2006, 11:00 PM
My biggest let down has to be Mystic Force - Its the first season i just can't stand

Deka~Crimson
03-28-2006, 11:39 PM
I didn't know about Sentai at the time (even if I did, In Space has nothing to do with Megaranger, which is based off technology, not just Space stuff), so I didn't know about the reason why the themes kept changing every year. I was able to put up with the crap about the "legendary" cars somehow, but "OK, so they're in space now?" was more or less the reaction I got with this. I personally thought they were trying too hard.

*Prepares Flame Thrower*

In all honesty though, In Space was one of my favorite seasons, but I actually had the same reaction that you had when it first began. It wasn't until the appearance of Darkonda that it got really good, IMO. But to me, before that, it was quite lame, I can respect that.

Chico Maivia
03-29-2006, 03:25 AM
I'd have to say how they toned down Lord Zedd's character in later seasons. He was so great before they ruined his image and paired him with Rita. That, and I never got to see Forever Red or Countdown to Destruction, but that's a different story for a different thread.

dragon fire ranger
04-04-2006, 08:19 AM
the biggest let down is the fact the kat ranger wasn't in the ending it would have been nice

Zedd's the man
04-04-2006, 08:56 AM

My biggest letdown would have to be the Psychos coming back in PRLG. :( If they weren`t going to do it right, they shouldn't have done it at all
Oh come on! The rangers may have sucked, but some of the villains were nice... except Jindrax... and Toxica... and mandilok... But Zen-Aku was awsome! And master Orgs final form was kick-ass.

I guess it suffers from the "Lightspeed Rescue" Syndrome, where the villains are interesting and well developed, but the rangers arn't..

Knightmare
04-04-2006, 09:14 AM

One of the few Jack centered eps tho, in the beginning, I believe it was called Confronted, I feared that they were going to make Jack into a stereotype. Eventhough, he changed his ways at the end, there was never really any episodes that were made to go deeper into the psyche of Jack. Alot of untapped potential there.

Amen. I really loved Jack as a Ranger and wished he was developed more beyond being like the Robin Hood of NewTech City and putting almost 110% into his line of work. Oh well, I guess that is what fanfics are for.

Brandon B
04-04-2006, 11:42 AM
my biggest let down, SPD's ending. Jack leaving and Sky becoming Red? Bleh! That and Jack never properly getting the character development he deserved.

Lightspeed
04-04-2006, 07:34 PM
I guess the entire Ninja-storm season.

Even for Power Rangers the notion of Californian secret Ninja schools was just too ridiculous a concept.

NightWing726
04-04-2006, 11:39 PM
I guess the entire Ninja-storm season.

Even for Power Rangers the notion of Californian secret Ninja schools was just too ridiculous a concept.Huh. NS is by far one of my favorite seasons.

The Ninja School thing was a little odd, but it didn't bother me too much. After all, we're watching a show about people in super-strong, energized spandex.

Lightspeed
04-05-2006, 12:07 AM
I know, but Ninja schools? In California? Secret ones?

Sorry, my suspension of disbelief only stretches so far.

NWADS
04-05-2006, 05:01 AM
My biggest disappointment had to be the build up to the Rangers acquiring the "Zeo" powers.

I can vaguely remember Saban showing a teaser for the upcoming series (using a ton of Sentai footage, I believe), which made it look like the quest to get these Zeo powers would be sweet. I was really let down by the whole thing.

Another thing I don't like (and this may be mentioned elsewhere in this thread and on this board in general) is the lack of linking seasons together. I really enjoyed the continuity of the first seasons.

Joker
04-05-2006, 07:03 AM
Ok I for one liked WildForce for it's different zords...Cole sucks. Always will lol. HATED lightspeed, heck I cant even remember the names of any of the lightspeed rangers lol nor their morphing call.

NeoRanger
04-05-2006, 08:03 AM
LOL! Why people can't remember the LR morphin call? It was "Lightspeed Rescue" for crying out loud =P

Deka~Crimson
04-05-2006, 08:09 AM
My biggest disappointment had to be the build up to the Rangers acquiring the "Zeo" powers.

I can vaguely remember Saban showing a teaser for the upcoming series (using a ton of Sentai footage, I believe), which made it look like the quest to get these Zeo powers would be sweet. I was really let down by the whole thing.

Another thing I don't like (and this may be mentioned elsewhere in this thread and on this board in general) is the lack of linking seasons together. I really enjoyed the continuity of the first seasons.

This is rare, but I agree with your entire post. I definitely felt that Zeo was overhyped and while it was an ok season, it should've been alot more *cough* lack of ending *cough*

Also, i'm a continuity fanatic, so I would've liked to see season connected to each other as well. This is why I like SPD and can watch it over and over because I catch little references to KO-35 and other places.

Joker
04-05-2006, 08:16 AM
Yes...it did lack a true ending. BUT...I love the way they said the zeo powers upgraded the Turbo Powers or some crap...anyway I hope they remake some of the past series to be better.

NeoRanger
04-05-2006, 08:46 AM
This is why I like SPD and can watch it over and over because I catch little references to KO-35 and other places.
Then you must adore Dino Thunder =P

Mystic Force is the biggest disappointment for me. I had hoped for far more from this season.

Deka~Crimson
04-05-2006, 08:53 AM
Then you must adore Dino Thunder =P

Mystic Force is the biggest disappointment for me. I had hoped for far more from this season.

Actually..........I didn't like Dino Thunder too much. I felt Trent was rushed to be "good" far too early and his motives weren't really clear. Like one day he'd be spazzin out and the next day he was all like teaming up with Mesogog and crew and the clone thing, bleh. But the only seasons I can watch eps from repeatedly would have to be, PRiS, SPD, MMPR, Zeo and NS.

As far as Mystic Force..... we still have 24 episodes left, maybe the next 24 will be some kick-@44 stuff? Maybe??

NeoRanger
04-05-2006, 05:47 PM
Actually..........I didn't like Dino Thunder too much. I felt Trent was rushed to be "good" far too early and his motives weren't really clear. Like one day he'd be spazzin out and the next day he was all like teaming up with Mesogog and crew and the clone thing, bleh. But the only seasons I can watch eps from repeatedly would have to be, PRiS, SPD, MMPR, Zeo and NS.
I know you don't like DT; I'm making fun of you for the continuity stuff =P Yes, I'm evil.

DT is the only season from which I've missed many episodes; luckilly the majority of the episodes I've seen where the good ones. I can watch "Day of the Dino" again and again; one of the best-written openings and definitely Disney's best. And "Fighting Spirit" gets LOTS of points for the Tommy fights.

As far as Mystic Force..... we still have 24 episodes left, maybe the next 24 will be some kick-@44 stuff? Maybe??
LoL, that's a pretty big maybe, considering the chances. We've got underdeveloped characters, underdeveloped plot, a tendency to remove the drama and turn it into crappy comedy and it has only 24 episodes left to improve.

I'll be here; if it improves, I'll see it. But so far, it's a let down IMO.

OSoKrispie
04-05-2006, 06:50 PM
Jason, Kimberly, Zack, and Trini leaving in MMPR.

Double Flare
04-05-2006, 07:52 PM
The Forever Red episode wasn't long enough. I wish it could have been an 1 hour episode.

NightWing726
04-06-2006, 01:36 AM
Forever Red was just stupid. It didn't highlight any of the rangers except Cole and Jason.

SPD1Payne
10-31-2006, 03:02 AM
I agree with Dekaranger 100% on that. And the SPD Battilizer only bein used 5 times was bad too.

komoo
10-31-2006, 04:37 AM
Justin + Blue Ranger Turbo Role = Big let down

AMEN, Justin makes me wanna go all, psycho4.gi on him. I hate they way he just says, hey, guys i'm the new power ranger, wtf.

He is a kid, being a ranger is a dangerous job.

But Alpha six was a huge letdown to, he is annoying like hell.

Tigers1996
10-31-2006, 05:02 AM
The biggest letdown was Turbo because they stuck four decent rangers with Justin. As shown by In Space the other Turbo Rangers were decent but they were stuck with a kid.:smile:

Ecliptor_knight
10-31-2006, 05:05 AM
Yeah when Rocky was replaced by justin that was a big drag, or when Jason had to give up his zeo powers.

monkeyjb1988
10-31-2006, 06:18 AM
My only two letdowns both involve SPD; the fact one of their rangers was as underused ball of light, and the fact they're not returning with our favorite magicians (the favorite magicians part is open to your debate).

P.S. To whoever said Forever Red focused only on Jason and Cole, seeing as some of you don't like some of the other Red Rangers, this shouldn't be a big deal (unless you hate Jason and/or Cole). :mmd:

Moonclarinet
10-31-2006, 12:34 PM
For me was the two mystories;
Why Kim wrote the letter? (anyone who reads PR fanfictions knows this a hot topic)
and
Who was the Phantom Ranger?

Hypester
10-31-2006, 12:38 PM
The biggest let down for me? Lost Galaxy's costumes (and lack of continuity)... that's what officially turned me off to Power Rangers...

Joker
10-31-2006, 12:40 PM
Nick's lack of leadership skills in MF...if you ask me Chip is basically the freaking leader. LSR is a major letdown...that series sucked.

Lemme see what else...lack of depth of the SPD rangers...yes I know we didn't really get to know the past rangers parent(MMPR, Zeo etc) but darnnit they hinted at the connections, brought it up several times and just dropped it.

That really annoyed me.

SPD1Payne
10-31-2006, 12:58 PM
i don't know for me it has to be the uniforms for lost galaxy did anybody like those uniforms

Buffyxenaman
10-31-2006, 02:51 PM

Oh yeah Omega was a joke.

komoo
10-31-2006, 07:24 PM
For me was the two mystories;
Why Kim wrote the letter? (anyone who reads PR fanfictions knows this a hot topic)
and
Who was the Phantom Ranger?

Someone get hold of the writer and ask who the phantom ranger was, because it's a huge plot hole, that needs to be closed.

NeoRanger
10-31-2006, 08:16 PM
It has been confirmed by official sources that the Phantom Ranger was supposed to be an embodiment of all dead Rangers from the beginning of time. They just never got around to saying it in the show.

Pinkranger
10-31-2006, 08:21 PM
It has been confirmed by official sources that the Phantom Ranger was supposed to be an embodiment of all dead Rangers from the beginning of time. They just never got around to saying it in the show.

Really, thats a really good idea of what he is. I like it, why didn't they say that in the show, good reason.

komoo
10-31-2006, 09:38 PM

I thought he was meant to be Billy, but that idea would actully rock, maybe they can bring him back sometime.

Ranger87
11-01-2006, 12:36 AM
I'd have to say SPD I missed almost all of the episodes the only ones I liked were the team up episodes and the Finale other then that I didn't really like it.

Kamen Rider Tiger Knight
11-01-2006, 02:55 AM
The Zeo Finale. It was a good seaon, but the finale was utter crap. Couldnt we at least have gottan a two parter, and not Jason leaving? Oh, The Return is the most recent.

Plus no cameos o Kim ro Kat in DT. There should be an answer to the letter, even though it is fun to read the fanfics about it.

Joker
11-01-2006, 07:00 AM
I liked the lost galaxy uniforms, they were different. Not just all pink or black or red you know. They were cool.

SPD1Payne
11-01-2006, 09:52 AM
I don't know i think that the SPD battilizer could have been something better. I mean its the future and thats the best they could come up with.

komoo
11-01-2006, 08:08 PM
The Zeo Finale. It was a good seaon, but the finale was utter crap. Couldnt we at least have gottan a two parter, and not Jason leaving? Oh, The Return is the most recent.

Plus no cameos o Kim ro Kat in DT. There should be an answer to the letter, even though it is fun to read the fanfics about it.

The worst thing was Jason leaved and then he returned in Turbo the movie, why didn't they let him stay on as the blue ranger and when TJ and the crew came on, he could be their leader, still blue.

SPD1Payne
11-01-2006, 11:52 PM
But Tommy is red at heart.

Crusheranger
11-03-2006, 09:54 AM
Time Force, the Q-Rex and the other Zords did not combine, and Frax should have been the final battle.

SPD1Payne
11-03-2006, 10:59 AM
How about Rocky becoming the red ranger i thought he was gonna be cooler than what he was

Crusheranger
11-03-2006, 11:35 AM
I liked Rocky as a red ranger, but he was much better as the Bue Zeo Ranger though.

TheRealColeEvans
11-03-2006, 11:36 AM
IMO

No S.P.D/MF team up :(