PDA

View Full Version : [Ranger] Claire, the shining moon warrior :|

King Kazma
05-05-2006, 03:43 AM
ok if anyone has seen the promo for the next episode of mystic force they will know that Clare becomes the shining moon warrior, right personally from the promo i think she looks kind of dorky in that outfit but i just wanted to hear everyone elses opinion FYI: sentai lovers i do know its an element of magiranger that has been carried over.

Madison Rocca
05-05-2006, 03:55 AM
She's the U.S Counterpart of Lunagel?
so sad...

rmssw
05-05-2006, 03:55 AM
So I guess this puts to rest the rumor that she'll become the White Ranger.

King Kazma
05-05-2006, 04:12 AM
yeah i was pretty upset about that too, wudda been good.

apollo
05-05-2006, 04:27 AM
Personally I can't see how the characters going to fit since she has mainly been the clumsy and dippy one (though not recently I admit) but going on all of what I have seen of her so far I feel it will come off wrong.

NeoRanger
05-05-2006, 04:45 AM
Personally I can't see how the characters going to fit since she has mainly been the clumsy and dippy one (though not recently I admit) but going on all of what I have seen of her so far I feel it will come off wrong.
Two words:

Vida
Chip

Need I say more?

King Kazma
05-05-2006, 04:52 AM
I think he means because of her sudden change in character like clumsy to serious and powerful.

apollo
05-05-2006, 05:37 AM
I think he means because of her sudden change in character like clumsy to serious and powerful.

Yes thats what I mean It's such a huge step to take in so few episodes, but then following Magi there is no more Lunagel footage to go on so will she just go back to being normal?

Sara Sidle
05-05-2006, 06:13 AM
Yes thats what I mean It's such a huge step to take in so few episodes, but then following Magi there is no more Lunagel footage to go on so will she just go back to being normal?

Unless they just use their own footage. They don't always use sentai footage so don't go by what happens in Magiranger

Red Buster
05-05-2006, 09:28 AM
What a curveball Disney threw at us! I personally would have never expected it!

empboy142
05-05-2006, 03:38 PM
Didn't Lunangel have amnesia? maybe claire has it too, or better yet, what if she was just puting on a act to stay hidden?

Kimberly Hart
05-05-2006, 06:04 PM
If anyone wants to see the sneak peak of the episode The Gatekeeper here it is:
http://www.youtube.com/v/GhZYjQEFPkk

Kimberly Hart

NeoRanger
05-05-2006, 10:39 PM
I was never a big fan of Rin, but she was kickass. They better not screw this one up.

Thx for the promo.

Shinycelebi
05-05-2006, 10:42 PM
I think they did screw it up, if you watch the clip closely, I swear the silver thing on her head looks tilted, as if it doesn't fit correctly.

MM Pink Ranger
05-05-2006, 11:38 PM
I LOVE Clare, if she turned out to have these awesome powers, i think that this season will be even more awesome.

Madison Rocca
05-05-2006, 11:40 PM
Eh, they are making fun of Rin.
Disney Screwed. and Big Time.

Shinycelebi
05-06-2006, 12:02 AM
"I LOVE Clare, if she turned out to have these awesome powers, i think that this season will be even more awesome."

You're questioning an official commercial? o0

MM Pink Ranger
05-06-2006, 12:07 AM
"I LOVE Clare, if she turned out to have these awesome powers, i think that this season will be even more awesome."

You're questioning an official commercial? o0

What I meant was I hope that she has powers and keeps them and helps the rangers all season.

Shinycelebi
05-06-2006, 01:07 AM
No, she's not a ranger of sorts. She does make the here and there appearance, but seeing as she's an apprentice to Udonna, maybe she'll(Clare) leave on a journey or something otherwise we're stuck with her.

She should show up in the last episode like in Magiranger, the other episodes are up in the air.

Titanium Ranger
05-06-2006, 01:10 AM
Ah...DekaRed, one of the biggest bashers of PR (and his name shows it as well as his actions). I got a solution for you... you don't want to see screw-ups? Don't watch PR! But please let others watch it in peace instead of spoiling their moods talking about how cool things in Sentai were and how screwed up they are in PR. Before the episode even aired, you say that they did screw-ups without even seeing the half of it. That was just a promo (and a cool one at that).

rmssw
05-06-2006, 03:36 PM
It'll be interesting to see how they explain how Clare goes from being ditzy and inept to being this ass-kicking super-tough warrior capable of fighting Koragg, something even Udonna wasn't able to do.

It's a bit of stretch. I imagine them using the "it was all just a cover-up" excuse. Clare wasn't REALLY stupid, she just acted that way to protect her identity as the Gatekeeper.

Blue Mystic Ranger
05-06-2006, 03:48 PM
I think it sounds interesting to have Clare as the gate keeper. I am personally looking forward to Clare having some powers. I mean sure she is ditsy but I think inside if she could get her spells down she'd become a great socress.

It's a bit of stretch. I imagine them using the "it was all just a cover-up" excuse. Clare wasn't REALLY stupid, she just acted that way to protect her identity as the Gatekeeper.

I have to agree with you rmssw that's probably how it worked. But who knows.

~ BMR

NeoRanger
05-06-2006, 06:21 PM
Who wants to bet that the reason Clare is the Gatekeeper is that they couldn't afford a new actress? Come on, I dare ya =P

Titanium Ranger
05-06-2006, 06:50 PM
lol Neo. Not a bad theory, after hearing all those budget problems that Disney has been having with PR. I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case.

And Clare did sometimes act overly stupid... so much that I literally began to wonder if she had anything inside that head of hers :P. BUt I still always respected the actress for taking on such a dumb role!

Stubborn Boy
05-07-2006, 12:51 AM

I don't know, if she had to do that, why would she be casting messed-up spells on herself when there is no particularly useful point in it? If she just acted as unable to cast complex spells she'd probably have qualified for the fake role.

thegreatlordzedd
05-07-2006, 01:21 AM
If Clare is the Gatekeeper, can I be the Keymaster? (go watch Ghostbusters if that went over your head)

You know, perhaps Clare wasn't the Gatekeeper all along--maybe the Gatekeeper is a spirit that chooses to inhabit her body for reasons not immediately obvious. Kind of like Illyria in Angel, or...well, the Gatekeeper in Ghostbusters.

Shinycelebi
05-07-2006, 01:51 AM
"can I be the Keymaster?"

What is this, Kingdom Hearts suddenly?

DanAbare86
05-07-2006, 02:07 AM
Nope The first ghostmovie had a gate keeper an key master.

Titanium Ranger
05-07-2006, 02:16 AM
Pkzone02, if you want to quote messages, there's an option that says "Quote". Don't put exclamation marks around copied posts. Just a suggestion lol.Lets get back to topic anyway, shall we?

Personally, I think this doesn't make sense. Her being the warrior is cool and all but the background is messed up. Like Stubborn boy said, she wouldn't cast weird spells on herself, spells that once proved to be dangerous (like on Xander when he sprayed himself). Pretty irresponsible for someone faking it all up eh? Maybe it is like she just gets the powers from some original gatekeeper. Or she is just temporarily has powers...

Shinycelebi
05-07-2006, 02:25 AM
Titanium Ranger, long before the Internet, we used something called quotation marks. Unless the quote button was a necessity then, it still is not needed now. My post is readable, just open your eyes and READ, you don't give your (insert a name) problems when you see quotation marks written on paper or even a normal txt document.

"Lets get back to topic anyway, shall we?"

For a Helpstaff member, you brought it off topic yourself.

:shrugs at the incompetence, sorry:

ranger5red
05-07-2006, 02:47 AM
Pkzone02, pls don't talk to our mods or helpstaff memebers like that they are just trying to help you and other members out and when you talk to them like that it shows that you don't listen and remember TR Mike doesn't want mods acting like Forum Cops.

Now about Clare being Lunagel's counterpart, i actually like the idea, i mean yeah she is dimwitted and all but she doesn't want the others to know that she is who she is until now since she has to reveal sonner or later.

Shinycelebi
05-07-2006, 02:57 AM
Himura Kenshin, bringing the topic off-topic just to say "is it ok if you can use the quote button" is nonsense. One or two others have asked, and no, I will not change my typing habit. Quotation marks are easier for me to type, especially when it comes to multiple quotes, it becomes a habit even for just one quote later on.

There is no "helping" anything, 6 yrs on the Internet and counting, I don't need a lesson on quoting.

I may have sounded rude, but it's also rude to ask questions like his.

Mini Man
05-07-2006, 03:24 AM
she sounds serious. no more mistakes from clare then lol.

[sorry for the link]

Shinycelebi
05-07-2006, 03:34 AM
Mini man, the link to the promo is on pg 2. Why is searching so difficult these days?

Mini Man
05-07-2006, 03:50 AM
kk i dnt have time to read everything.

'"Himura Kenshin, bringing the topic off-topic just to say "is it ok if you can use the quote button" is nonsense. One or two others have asked, and no, I will not change my typing habit. Quotation marks are easier for me to type, especially when it comes to multiple quotes, it becomes a habit even for just one quote later on.

There is no "helping" anything, 6 yrs on the Internet and counting, I don't need a lesson on quoting.

I may have sounded rude, but it's also rude to ask questions like his."'

I quite agree.

Raging Phoenix
05-07-2006, 04:25 AM
I think using the Quote-button like everyone else would make your posts way more readable. People are sometimes confused and the Quote-button adds who it's from, which is useful too.

Anyway, I think Clare looks better than Rin and her powers are probably locked because of the same amnesia Rin had. She will be great I think

Shinycelebi
05-07-2006, 04:31 AM
"I think using the Quote-button like everyone else would make your posts way more readable. People are sometimes confused and the Quote-button adds who it's from, which is useful too."

Quite odd, do those people have trouble reading quotation marks on paper aswell? There is also no "like everyone else", not everybody types the way you think you want it or see it. Don't group people, makes it easier to not argue on trivial matters like this.

"I think Clare looks better than Rin"

Don't make me laugh, Rin was the more serious one from day one after her memory came back, but yes, like Rin, Clare most likely has amnesia also.

Silver6Ranger
05-07-2006, 04:35 AM
I think it will be nice to have her as it. I thought she was going to become a ranger, just didn't know which one.

Raging Phoenix
05-07-2006, 04:35 AM
"I think Clare looks better than Rin"

Don't make me laugh, Rin was the more serious one from day one after her memory came back
How is that reacting to my comment. Clare looks better as in has better looks...

Shinycelebi
05-07-2006, 04:48 AM
"I thought she was going to become a ranger, just didn't know which one"

She isn't a ranger, just a helper.

"How is that reacting to my comment. Clare looks better as in has better looks..."

Then say looks, but no, her(Rin) looks and acting have been awesome. As for Clare, from previous viewing, hard to picture her getting serious in just 1 episode, but we'll see once it airs.

Raging Phoenix
05-07-2006, 04:50 AM
no, her(Rin) looks and acting have been awesome.
Rin looked good? LOL! Her head looked like a pear.

Shinycelebi
05-07-2006, 04:51 AM
She's Asian for christs sake, they call them "tight" for a reason(no, lets not go there, but it was just an example).

Raging Phoenix
05-07-2006, 05:33 AM
???
SPAM, please don't do that again.

Titanium Ranger
05-07-2006, 05:52 AM
Titanium Ranger, long before the Internet, we used something called quotation marks. Unless the quote button was a necessity then, it still is not needed now. My post is readable, just open your eyes and READ, you don't give your (insert a name) problems when you see quotation marks written on paper or even a normal txt document.

Thank you for letting me know. Believe me, I've seen you in other places and I thought you were new to internet (you are quite new to the site) and probably didn't know. So I was informing you just in case. If you still want to do it the old-fashioned way, its fine by me.

"Lets get back to topic anyway, shall we?"

For a Helpstaff member, you brought it off topic yourself.

:shrugs at the incompetence, sorry:

Erm...incompetence? You do realize that I know I went off-topic and sorta to apologize for saying so (just felt the need to say that) in a thread which didn't concern it, I said that just so people won't start commenting on my post instead of what the thread is about. And that had nothing to do with me being a HelpStaff member. Thank you for your opinion anyway

remember TR Mike doesn't want mods acting like Forum Cops.

Alright Himura Kenshin, I'll keep that in mind

nathandmcmaster
05-07-2006, 05:56 AM
You know her head did look like a pear.

NeoRanger
05-07-2006, 06:02 AM
Rin was mostly attractive. Her nose always bugged me and it got worse when she got in her official Heavenly Saint uniform.

But that's not the point. Just look Clare in this very same suit in the promo. For some reason she doesn't quite fit. Maybe it's the blond hair in a purple/white costume, I don't know.

nathandmcmaster
05-07-2006, 06:04 AM
I know that i dont realy like her.

TheRealColeEvans
05-07-2006, 06:09 AM
Finally. Claire gets some action. I'm really anticipating the new episode. I hops she kicks some major butt!! (remembers Kat's first fight scene) I hope it is as cool as that was!

*is a Claire fanboy ^.^*

Shinycelebi
05-07-2006, 01:36 PM
"If you still want to do it the old-fashioned way, its fine by me."

Thanks for your approval...

"You do realize that I know I went off-topic and sorta to apologize for saying so"

It sounded like it was already off-topic, but ok.

"Maybe it's the blond hair in a purple/white costume"

The US version of the costume looks to be made of cheaper material, so that could be it.

"Finally. Claire gets some action."

XD

Next on PR: Mystic Force, is Nick the father of Clare's baby?

>_>;

Stubborn Boy
05-07-2006, 01:44 PM

>_>;

It wouldn't come to that, I hope. The censorship board would see to it.

Is the actor of Clare the same as that of Krista? I can't really tell face differences.

Titanium Ranger
05-07-2006, 02:34 PM

>_>;

Lol. But that's highly improbable since viewers are sticking up for Nick and Madison

It wouldn't come to that, I hope. The censorship board would see to it.

It would not be something to do with censorship. Usually with these mysteries, they don't show these scenes. More of "the fact that PR is a kids' show and it would degrade them". Now that may be the reason as to why they will not mention any such thing, let alone censoring a whole scene (which wouldn't happen anyway)

Is the actor of Clare the same as that of Krista? I can't really tell face differences.

Krista as in Krista from Dino Thunder? The girl that Conner had a crush on?

Shinycelebi
05-07-2006, 02:46 PM
"But that's highly improbable since viewers are sticking up for Nick and Madison"

Since MF still follows Magiranger in some way, there will most likely be no relationship between rangers except for Hikaru and Urara's American counterparts.

If I recall, Rin and Kai got alittle close on there first encounters, I wonder if they'll do something similar.

Titanium Ranger
05-07-2006, 03:21 PM
Since MF still follows Magiranger in some way, there will most likely be no relationship between rangers except for Hikaru and Urara's American counterparts.

Well, MF is not following ALL of the plots. So it still is possible. As for Hikaura and Urara's American counterparts being in love...well, nothing wrong with the guy himself but isn't he way too old for Madison? Or they can make him Madison and Vida's father which may explain any close scenes in ranger form lol.

If I recall, Rin and Kai got alittle close on there first encounters, I wonder if they'll do something similar.

Oh. So that's where the "Is Nick the father of Claire's baby?" thingy came from lol. Actually, I don't think that's possible. Come to think of it, Disney has never followed up on any love relationship between any of the rangers (except Blake and Tori but even that not how they should have) so there's a 5% chance we'll see anything related to GF-BF love in Mystic Force....

Shinycelebi
05-07-2006, 03:34 PM
"As for Hikaura and Urara's American counterparts being in love...well, nothing wrong with the guy himself but isn't he way too old for Madison?"

Welcome to 2006. XD

"Oh. So that's where the "Is Nick the father of Claire's baby?" thingy came from lol."

Yes, but just so you know, they didn't actually get that close, but yes. To bad we don't get a Kai/Yamazaki-san relationship either. :/

NeoRanger
05-07-2006, 08:14 PM
If they do make a romance between Maddie and Dag and it's considered passable, Kalish will deserve to be crucified. Same goes for MOA or any other censorship org in the US. If they think that their kids will turn into professional murderers just because they will hear the word kill and then they let a 30-year-old guy date a 16-years-old girl, it'll be the peak of hypocricy.

And Kai should be ashamed of himself. He was fooling around with Rin, while he was in love with Yamazaki =P

chaos
05-08-2006, 01:54 AM
in the japaniess version there are a lot of differences from what they have done so far so i think its premature to assume anything about them and claire could simply not know that she has the powers the origianl charater had to have a memory potion to remember so its possible she don't know either and after this she will be slightly more useful or at the very least not comic relef and leave the to the troblin finius- also are they going to work in the dimention thats like heaven at some point or do you think they will replace all those parts with ones in made by the USA

Shinycelebi
05-08-2006, 02:11 AM
"after this she will be slightly more useful"

Very little useage of Rin was used in Magiranger, so if they decide to use her more(Clare), it has to be American made(yes, it's all mostly American made anyways, except for her Heavenly Saint counterpart).

King Kazma
05-08-2006, 02:19 AM
Off topic: who renamed the thread?

Shinycelebi
05-08-2006, 02:20 AM
It looks the same, but it's her name that was changed, isn't it?

Myzou
05-08-2006, 03:05 AM
Its Possible Claire Had to Act Ditzy In Case One of the "Mystical warriors" was already found by the evil and made to be a spy...

Also, its a 2 part episode, so im betting we wont see much of her fight scene o.o

THE WHITE RANGER_import
05-08-2006, 05:33 AM
Pkzone02, if you want to quote messages, there's an option that says "Quote". Don't put exclamation marks around copied posts. Just a suggestion lol.Lets get back to topic anyway, shall we?

Personally, I think this doesn't make sense. Her being the warrior is cool and all but the background is messed up. Like Stubborn boy said, she wouldn't cast weird spells on herself, spells that once proved to be dangerous (like on Xander when he sprayed himself). Pretty irresponsible for someone faking it all up eh? Maybe it is like she just gets the powers from some original gatekeeper. Or she is just temporarily has powers...

From watching and listening to the commerical it appears Claire isn't as dumb as we were lead to believe. If you watch the commerical it's said we must find the Gatekeepers and they show a picture of Claire then they show her saying You are gonna wish you never found me. So that tells me she either had this power and didn't know it OR she was hiding who is was because if she was found out the bad guys would be looking for her. What better way to hide your powers buy by pretending to be clumsy/dumb and the last person people expect to have these powers just ask Clark Kent it worked for him.

Titanium Ranger
05-08-2006, 06:09 AM
Clark Kent, the man! lol. Well, in his case, he didn't act the dumbest of people. Neither did he use wrong spells on himself which once even led to a near-disaster (Xander in "Petrified Xander"). SHe couldn't have hidden herself for that long. Or it could be that she was doing it to make the rangers learn lessons. For example, in "Legendary Catastros" she asked Nick to call out "Finishio" when her hear was all... creamy! And the spell helped Nick later on. In Petrified Xander, it helped Xander learn his lesson. *shrugs* the possibilities are nearly endless lol.

THE WHITE RANGER_import
05-08-2006, 06:28 AM
Clark Kent, the man! lol. Well, in his case, he didn't act the dumbest of people. Neither did he use wrong spells on himself which once even led to a near-disaster (Xander in "Petrified Xander"). SHe couldn't have hidden herself for that long. Or it could be that she was doing it to make the rangers learn lessons. For example, in "Legendary Catastros" she asked Nick to call out "Finishio" when her hear was all... creamy! And the spell helped Nick later on. In Petrified Xander, it helped Xander learn his lesson. *shrugs* the possibilities are nearly endless lol.

I've seen Clark Kent trip infront of people just to make himself look "normal". As far as her spells most were harmless and only hurt her except for the Xander used without her knowledge and she came up with an antidiote pretty quickly and IT WORKED. How often has one her spells worked? She was also the one who got Udonna to not give up on Nick. I think either Udonna knows what Claire is to become and is one of the reasons she doesn't quit on her knowing all Claire needs is the faith in herself, or Claire is hiding who she really is and either Udonna knows or doesn't. In the end it could just be they can't afford someone new and will explain Claire having this great power or Claire was always going to be powerful.