PDA

View Full Version : Why weren't Syd and Z promoted?

rmssw
05-12-2006, 02:28 AM
If Sky and Bridge were bumped up to Red and Blue, then shouldn't Z and Syd have been bumped up to Green and Yellow? A-Squad proved that a Ranger's sex has nothing to do with their assigned color, so it seems a bit unfair that they remained 4th and 5th in the chain of command and someone new would automatically outrank them as Green ranger.

BTW, this is the first time I've watched SPD and the finale aired on ABC Family today, so sorry this is so late.

empboy142
05-12-2006, 02:31 AM
I think it might have been because they liked thier respective color, i mean, we all know Syd loved the color pink and for Z, well, who knows.

Kira
05-12-2006, 02:33 AM
Well I think Z said it herself, she didn't want to change anything. They were B-Squad and so I guess Syd and Z didn't want to change their colors *shrugs*. Sky had to become red and I guess Bridge had to become Blue.

If that made no sense then I understand. I can't explain things to well.

Blackie Frogz
05-12-2006, 02:40 AM
I don't think they [Syd and Z] wanted to change their colours. They didn't seem to mind.

NeoRanger
05-12-2006, 04:00 AM
IMO they didn't deserve a promotion anyway. At least Syd.

SilverRangerInfinity
05-12-2006, 04:07 AM
But Z totally did!

There wouldn't even be an Omega Ranger if Z hadn't coached Sam to the good side. And then the SPD would have been destroyed by Devastation.

The freaking planet owns Z at least Green Ranger status (though she doesn't fit into what defines a Green Ranger).

ForeverBlue
05-12-2006, 04:10 AM
Syd and Z don't mind the colors they are still in. It makes them hot :D

Sara Sidle
05-12-2006, 05:11 AM
They didn't want to change from the colours they wanted to be but yeah Z did deserve a promotion, so did Doggie although he definatley would't leave.

Brandon B
05-13-2006, 12:54 AM
what i had hoped was that Jack left, Red would have been retired from SPD, thus having the number scheme change on the costumes, Blue become 1, Green 2, Yellow 3 and Pink 4.

ForeverBlue
05-13-2006, 01:22 AM
what i had hoped was that Jack left, Red would have been retired from SPD, thus having the number scheme change on the costumes, Blue become 1, Green 2, Yellow 3 and Pink 4.

Wouldn't work very well there dude. Remember, Sky's dream was to be the Red Ranger and Doggie did the right choice there at the end of Endings part 2 after Jack left.

sherwinator
05-13-2006, 01:28 AM
that would be too much work just for that last episode. their not going to change all the numbers just for that

chaos
05-13-2006, 08:09 AM
plus he may come back for the yearly team up how they are going to do that i have no idea they may not even do a team up-which would be annoying

SilverRangerInfinity
05-13-2006, 03:48 PM
They can't get away without doing a team-up but how they will switch the colors back, I don't know, but I'll be laughing watching them explain it.

Jack: Hey, Sky, we got a problem.
Sky: What's the problem?
Jack: I need my Morpher and color back, give it here before you get your Sky germs on it.
Sky: No way, it's my Morpher, MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE!!!
Jack: Give it here before I pimp smack you.

Cruger: He's needs to be Red Ranger again. Sorry Officer Tate, you can have your Blue one back though.
Bridge: Sir, I'm Blue now.
Cruger: GRRRRRRRRR!!!
Bridge: Sorry, sir. (thinking: Bad dog, bad, no biscuit for YOU, I'll give it to the pretty kitty.)

imported_imported_Jedi Ranger
05-13-2006, 04:06 PM
Syd and Z don't mind the colors they are still in. It makes them hot :D

I co-sign that.

Red Spartan Neo Ranger
05-13-2006, 04:07 PM
I see it now a fanfic done with art of this.

Ellissa
05-13-2006, 06:16 PM
They can't get away without doing a team-up but how they will switch the colors back, I don't know, but I'll be laughing watching them explain it.

Jack: I need my Morpher and color back, give it here before you get your Sky germs on it.

Cruger: He's needs to be Red Ranger again. Sorry Officer Tate, you can have your Blue one back though.
Bridge: Sorry, sir. (thinking: Bad dog, bad, no biscuit for YOU, I'll give it to the pretty kitty.)

Then Sky and Jack start rolling on the floor fighting over the Morpher. And end up breaking it. ??.?? No red ranger ever again! =O

NeoRanger
05-13-2006, 06:27 PM
Doggie won't intefere in the aforementioned example. He'll be too busy managing his multiple personalities disorder syndrome.

"Doggie Cruger"
"No. Solaris Ranger"
"No. Shadow Ranger"

SilverRangerInfinity
05-14-2006, 08:38 AM
Doggie won't intefere in the aforementioned example. He'll be too busy managing his multiple personalities disorder syndrome.

"Doggie Cruger"
"No. Solaris Ranger"
"No. Shadow Ranger"

No this is more like a Piccolo moment. Same person in TWO bodies. It'll be funny if they don't like each other at first and they fight.

Doggie: You've been seeing my woman. Give me one reason I shouldn't rip your throat
Daggeron: No, you're mistaken, Kat and I have been seeing each other quite some time. And aren't you already married?
Doggie: Ever heard of polygamy, it's common on Sirius and I haven't exactly seen my first wife in 9 years? Besides, pimping ain't easy and you touched my property!!! Now you're going to pay in blood.
Daggeron: So you can have two wives, but she can't see other guys? If it's cash you want, I got that. I am a GOLD Ranger, I'll just chip off a piece of this armor.
Doggie: Cash?! Did you just call my wife a ho?!

Jason Lee Scott
05-15-2006, 01:36 AM

lol

Seriously how is the team up going to work?:abar:

Red Buster
05-15-2006, 02:35 AM
If Syd & Z did get promoted, the line-up might look something like this

Sky ~ Red
Bridge ~ Blue
Z ~ Green
Syd ~ Yellow
and just to throw out a suggestion, Sophie or Kat ~ Pink

*If Kat is going to be the Kat Ranger in the team up, then Sophie could be pink. But, if there will be no Kat Ranger, then Kat is well suited for Pink Ranger.

JDFthunderstorm123
05-21-2006, 07:38 AM
If Sky and Bridge were bumped up to Red and Blue, then shouldn't Z and Syd have been bumped up to Green and Yellow? A-Squad proved that a Ranger's sex has nothing to do with their assigned color, so it seems a bit unfair that they remained 4th and 5th in the chain of command and someone new would automatically outrank them as Green ranger.

BTW, this is the first time I've watched SPD and the finale aired on ABC Family today, so sorry this is so late.

bumped to green and yellow? what makes yellow greater than pink? in this case, what makes green greater than yellow and pink? the only reason why blue seemed like an upgrade is because it always felt like they were the second leader to the red rangers, plus they had past red rangers as blue rangers (rocky and TJ), so blue has the presence of a second leader to red. green, pink, and yellow are just the 3 other normal colors of the same status in terms of ranks, except in wild force they made taylor seem like the second leader, and in time force Jen was the leader......but if there were ranks between black/green, yellow, and pink/white, i'd say pink is above yellow, for the sole fact that pink has been a leader the entire series before, taylor was only a leader until cole joined, so if anything, it should have been syd upgraded to green, and Z upgraded to pink

S.P.D~Galactic
05-21-2006, 07:54 AM
They can't get away without doing a team-up

Oh really? they did a fine job of getting away with not doing a ninja storm/Wild team up.

And as for the previous poster, yellow is greater than pink and green better than yellow because that's just how the S.P.D ranking system works. maybe not in other seasons, but this is S.P.D, so there.

Phazon Ranger
05-21-2006, 08:19 PM
Sky=Red
Bridge=Blue
Jack will return but not as leader=Green
Z=Yellow
Paris Hilton Wannabe I mean Syd=Pink

this is just an idea, not necessarily logical, they can also do a time warp from when they were all still their original ranger colors, as someone suggested in another thread

No... If they are going off of the present timeline, then it will probalby be something like either:

The Mystic Rangers and SPD get into trouble, and Jack reluctantly returns as the red ranger. meaning, Sky voluntarily hands th ered morpher to Jack.

or

Jack Returns as the Shadow Ranger... not too plausable.. but possible

Stubborn Boy
05-21-2006, 08:48 PM
I agree with Phazon Ranger, I should think Jack as a green ranger is kind of odd. He and Bridge didn't have something between each other like he had with Sky, so shifting down to green is kind of sudden.

It's hard for me to see something dark and undead like Koragg allying with a modern criminal, though. ><

Phazon Ranger
05-21-2006, 10:16 PM
I agree with Phazon Ranger, I should think Jack as a green ranger is kind of odd. He and Bridge didn't have something between each other like he had with Sky, so shifting down to green is kind of sudden.

It's hard for me to see something dark and undead like Koragg allying with a modern criminal, though. ><

If they do a NS team up like thing, and bring back Grumm somehow... Him and Koragg are similarly dark and grusome.

DaveTVS
05-22-2006, 01:35 AM
Sky will probably give the morpher back to Jack for the teamup.

Jungle_King_Ranger
11-13-2007, 07:48 AM
simple answer they never thought anyone in b-squad would ever desever a promotoin cause if they did, there wouldnt be pink as a color (if a boy took sids place they would have to go through some long @$$ process to change the color to some other color say orange or even voilet and they didnt think it was worthe the trouble so they screwed the two over by not giving them a promotion)

Jiemusu
11-13-2007, 08:22 AM
It's not impossible for a 5 ranger team to be 1 ranger less.

Look at Timeforce, in the end all but Eric and Wes went back to the future. That, my friends, is a 4 ranger team, only 4 rangers and no Wes (Red Ranger).

Remember AbarePig from Abareranger as a joke ranger? Red, Blue, Yellow were the main colours and Pink was the madeup ranger.

A Similar thing happened in Ninja Storm, a Pink Wind Ranger was seen as a joke, and Red, Blue and Yellow are the main 3.

This is effectively the same at the end of SPD, except this 'pink' joke is now a serious (Well... ish) ranger.

Oh no wait scrap that, Bridge is now red :P
With 2 females at his side, not bad at all Mr Carson.

Thesecretfan
11-13-2007, 08:43 AM
But Z totally did!

There wouldn't even be an Omega Ranger if Z hadn't coached Sam to the good side. And then the SPD would have been destroyed by Devastation.

The freaking planet owns Z at least Green Ranger status (though she doesn't fit into what defines a Green Ranger).

what exactly defines a green ranger pray tell?

Jiemusu
11-13-2007, 08:48 AM
what exactly defines a green ranger pray tell?

As far as I know. Someone who is forgetful, occasionally quite dopey or appearing falsely useless, but deep down is very vital to the team.

This includes Tommy, Joel, Trip, Bridge and Xander up to date.

PurpleRanger
11-13-2007, 09:30 AM
Holy thread necromancy, Batman! :p

At any event, we don't know what happened to the colors and ranks of B-Squad after the events in "Once a Ranger". Who knows, maybe Z went to blue, or something like that. we also never saw their uniforms post-"Endings", so maybe their numbers changed to 3 and 4, respectively.

Acatl
11-13-2007, 02:40 PM

The chain of command in SPD is Red = Leader and Blue = 2nd in command. Green, Pink and Yellow are the same rank, so, in endings, since Jack renunced, they needed a new ranger, and Doggie chose Sky, they needed a new sub-leader, and Doggie chose Bridge. Since the rest are the same rank, Z and Syd didn't need to change colors