PDA

View Full Version : [Off Topic] Gatekeeper Part 2

Yellow Stranger
05-16-2006, 09:31 AM
Part 2 Tonight on your favorite Toon Disney channel

Those of you without it will either have to wait or Bittorrent it later

johncena991
05-16-2006, 09:34 AM
for some reason my tv guide says the episode rock solid, and I was wondering you think udonna will be able to get her snowstaff back since shes trapped in the underworld?

Mackenzie Raynor, Jr.
05-16-2006, 11:09 AM
Probably not for a few more episodes, at least: I mean, it's only the twelth episode. Plus, there's the additional problem of a lack of Udonna/MagiMother footage up until near the end of the series, so there's that. No, I'll say that she get it back between episodes twenty-five and thirty, so that she has it in time for the finale, when she can lose it again in the gigantic climactic battle.:D

More likely, she'll learn something terribly tragic about Koragg (Does anyone know where they pulled that name out of?) that ties him to Nick. Of course, there's plenty of time for that elsewhere, but I'm about ready to learn a little more about Koragg. Anyone else get the feeling that the more power the Master gives him, the more under the Master's control he comes?

Arrow
05-16-2006, 02:31 PM
Excellent episode. I liked Gatekeeper I better, but this one had some super important story elements that I've been waiting to see. I'm excited with where the season's going.

hawkstorm
05-17-2006, 05:21 AM
This episode was rather bland for me. The good parts were the fact that they've actually started to press on the message that magiranger was trying to deliver - Courage.
*They did a good job in holding Udonna captive but....why the hell did she get released?! She could've stayed captive. Now, I doubt that they will use the Toad plot from Magiranger.
*The use of the Mystic Rider was pretty mediocre but it was quite interesting. And the fact that this episode became a 2 person focus, which I haven't seen in PR for a long time, seems to give MF a slight shimmer of hope.
*The summoning of Catastros was lame... and could they please give Nick a spell for that combination?
*The battle between Koragg and Nick was great. It was elaborate. But enjoyable. The only thing I didn't understand was why did Nick spin a fwe times in mid-air when he lost the Mystic Fighters? Couldn't he just've spun once and slammed to the ground and lost the Mystic Fighters?
The fact that Clare almost had the same fate as her mother was interesting. *I was hoping she would've suffered the same end to give the story some melancholy, drama and more feel.
*The flashback made the episode worth while. The fact that Udonna and Nick have some connection makes the episode all the more dramatic. The plot thickens but hopefully they manage to pull it off.

Overall, I'd give the episode a 6.5. Disney's giving this season a fair plot so far but the end is fast approaching. They've only scrapped the top of magiranger's/MF's potential. I hope they're able to pull it off like TV asahi/Toei.

TheRealColeEvans
05-17-2006, 07:24 AM
Excellent episode. I liked Gatekeeper I better, but this one had some super important story elements that I've been waiting to see. I'm excited with where the season's going.

I agree with Arrow. Part one was alot better. Though. I'm anticipating the next episode to see what happens with Koragg. His character, I must say is the most interesting since Zen-Aku.

I also really want to see yet another Claire screw up, the one at the end of this ep was funny :)

Mackenzie Raynor, Jr.
05-17-2006, 11:40 AM
Not bad, not bad at all. Did Morticon's equivalent in MagiRanger die off this fast, or (*gasp*) are they doing something original in a Power Rangers show? Wait *checks Wikipedia,* damn. I got my hopes up. Oh well. Good episode, yet another "we're slamming you in the face with the fact that Nick is Koragg's and Udonna's son!" moment.

Well, the third two-parter is done and gone, Morticon's dead, the Ranger's are becoming more and more powerful, and it'll be a while before Clare goes "Lunagel" on us again. Seven out of ten, for the villain's death and the nice fight between Nick and Koragg. It'll definitely be Nick and/or Udonna who brings Koragg back, but that's a while off. Now I'm wondering what Koragg does with that gigantic fang from Inuyasha. (God, it's been years since I saw an episode.)

Crystal Ranger
05-17-2006, 01:47 PM
From now on I'm going to download them first because at this rate it will take forever for ABC Family to catch up.

Wasn't that bad, but it felt like I was watchingCombine Your Power translated in English. Anyways, on to the review.

Liked:
- The first Megazord fight was good, but yet again cut short.
- Morticon may be a Branken wannabe butt he kicks ass just the same. Once again I have to say I love the "Spirits fo the Ancient Titans attack.
- That Udonna just didn't set there, she tried to persuade Koragg knowing it would probably be useless.
- The sky getting covered in dark clouds thing looked pretty cool I'll admit.
- Unlike in Magi it was Nick and not Xander who gave the pep talk. Plus there is nothing like a fight involving a dragon!
- I admit I found the dialogue between Udonna and Clare touching.
- The whole fight between Koragg and Nick was down right amazing. Then again considering it was one of Magi's best fight scenes I'm not surprised.
- That they explained how they got Catastros to come to them and obey Nick. That was one thing they never did in Magi, they just had him show up for no reason to free Kai and Rin from that dimension.
- While the last Megazord fight with Morticon could have been longer, but it was still sweet. I also like how they explained why the White Ranger appeared. I wondered how they planned to pull that off.
- They explained how it was her moms magic not hers. Although you know by the finale she'll be like that. I'm just glad they explained how her magic pretty much did a 180 all of a sudden.
- The last two scenes were pretty good as they did a good little foreshadowing for the next episode(s) to follow.

Disliked:
- They used a **$$ poor reason to explain how Morticon was able to get free. They could have easily used the fact that since Clare was weakened she may not have been able to fully keep it sealed after the spell Necrolai used.
- Why did Nick just leave Clare there with no way out herself? That didn't make sense.
- Koragg just LET Udonna leave. Why not keep her? Use that to their advantage against the Rangers.

All in all I give it a B-.

PinkForever
05-19-2006, 06:25 AM
Call me boring but I adore Mystic Force. All the characters are so likable; even Xander.

I enjoyed this episode. The first part was better but it still was pretty solid. I wonder just who Koragg is to Udonna? Are Clare and Nick related? Will Clare ever get her spells right? Find out next time on the Young and the Restless.

Is there a new episode Monday?

GohanWinner
05-19-2006, 06:56 AM
This season, IMO, is getting better. It's shaping up to have all of the things I like in a season, as I mentioned in another topic.

Koragg is interesting, though his voice is so fake it's painful, and all teh characters have grown on me. Even Chip, he toned down a LOt since the first episode. I knew he would. And Vida has gotten more tolerable, though I still don't like her actress. Oh well...

I noticed in the last few episodes Madison and Vida had a bit less lines than usual. Ahw ell.

Gatekeeper Part 1 was far anda way the BEST episode of the season so far,and part 2 was not as good, but still enjoyable. It was a very fun thing to watch.

I hope Mystic Force can keep up this quality.

Arrow
05-19-2006, 08:37 AM
Is there a new episode Monday?

Unfortunately, we're new-ep-less until June 5th.

TheRealColeEvans
05-19-2006, 08:57 AM
Unfortunately, we're new-ep-less until June 5th.

Are you effin' kidding!? :eek:

Zeo Ranger IV Green
05-19-2006, 10:06 AM
Don't wanna believe it, but these things happen.

Eiji-Silver
05-19-2006, 03:54 PM
For me, I think Magiranger is more consistent than Mystic Force, so I'd say the Magi Ep was better than this counterpart. Still good though.
6/10

uncle johnny rocamartin
05-19-2006, 09:37 PM
cool episode and we get alittle glimpse into nicks past again.

Mackenzie Raynor, Jr.
05-20-2006, 01:30 AM
Are you effin' kidding!? :eek:

Well, it's like, only TWO weeks. It's just twice as long as the normal gap between episodes. I think I can survive. Meanwhile, we can endlessly debate about what they'll do in the next bunch of episodes.

Arrow
05-20-2006, 05:13 AM
It probably only feels so far away because it's in June. People tend to forget that we're near done with May already. :P

Poweranimals
06-04-2006, 09:47 AM
This episode was pretty cool. The Rangers finally face off with Morticon which is something we've all been waiting for. It was cool to see Clare stand up for the Rangers and use all of her mother's power to lower the gates back to depth. We got another cool glimpse into the past and it appears that we see Nick's father which is no doubt Koragg and Udonna's husband. The Master really seems to be preparing for something big as does Koragg. It was also nice to see the Udonna and Clare chemistry in this episode and Udonna use her White Ranger powers to help out the Rangers.

I'll say though that I'm more of a fan of episodes with a lot of character interaction and what not as opposed to a lot of running around from fight to fight. Although I do like action, it seemed to be all it was. This week there seemed to be a bit too much in suit stuff. So I enjoyed the first part of this episode a lot better.

**added**
Okay, there was some other stuff I wanted to address. It felt like they kind of dropped the ball on a lot of the setup for Part 1. We don't see the Oracle again. After last week, Toby's not in this and neither is Leelee.

The fact that the Rangers had so many fight scenes this week kind of hurt since they had like no unmorphed interactions whatsoever. I don't mind Udonna and Clare getting all the focus, which seemed to work last week, but at least they some scenes in the store and they seemed less active last week. It just felt like they completely changed gears in the second part except for Clare, Udonna, and some stuff from the villains which was good, but then made it mostly about fighting.

I wish Morticon would've done more other than attack the city. I was hoping that they would've included a ground battle since they have the suit. Possibly between Clare and Morticon. A lot of the Mystic Titan stuff could've been cut. Using Catastros seemed kind of pointless this time around.