Thanks

Arrow RPG Work In Progress - The Royal Families (WiP name)

Okay this is my first attempt at trying an RPG. When I was younger, I played a role playing game with my next door neighbor and brother. We played this role playing game for seven years. I need a lot of help because I have never done it in a form like this.

The Premises:

Basically, long, long ago in a different parallel world, there was a galaxy called the Nepturist Galaxy. It held many planets which held many different creatures from all walks of life. The planets all lived in harmony and peace for millions of years. In the year 1313, an evil darkness covered the galaxy. No one knew where the darkness came from or why it came but trouble started to brew. The darkness started to corrupt the minds of some of the creatures on the planets and war started to break out and friends ended up being enemies. The elders of each of the planets, who didn't get affected, came together. They ended up calling the evil darkness, Chaos, because of all the wars breaking out on the planets. The elders put all their knowledge together and brought forth a power which they unleashed on Chaos. It drove Chaos away, along with the influences it had on the creatures. Many lives were taken and friendships were ruined. One planet; the oldest planet of the Nepturist Galaxy got utterly destroyed. There was one family who survived. One hundred years it took for the creatures to rebuild everything that got ruined.

Peace and harmony was once again brought to the Nepturist Galaxy. The family which was on the oldest planet that got destroyed, was also the oldest. It was the first family which set foot on the planet. The male was on his death bed and had a dream of a prophecy. He dreamt that Chaos would come back and this time stay. He dreamt that twelve young warriors of royalty would save them from the darkness. This was brought to the elders. The elders decided that they need to appoint rulers for each of the planets.

The Planet Anesha (oldest planet which got destroyed)
    Royal Family of the White Dragons
    Power of Light

The Planet Furious:
    The Royal Family of the Phoenixes
    Power of Fire

The Planet Iceatop:
    The Royal Family of the Ice Bears
    Power of Ice

The Planet Cosmo:
    The Royal Family of the Cyber Sharks
    Power of Electricity

The Dark Planet:
    The Royal Family of the Knight Owls
    Power of Darkness

The Twinetta Planets:
    The Planets Twine and Netta:
    The Royal Families of the Silver Foxes
    Power of Sound and Thunder

The Trinaria Planets:
    The Planets Trina, Inari, and Naria:
    The Royal Families of the Verewolves (creatures which are both vampires and werewolves together)
    Power of Rock, Sand, and Forest

The Planet, Hydrid
    The Royal Family of the Sea Serpants
    Power of Water

The Planet, Antimedium
    The Royal Family of the Unicorn
    Power of Anti-Matter

Seven hundred years of peace have past. The eleven remaining families lived peacefully. The Royal Family of the White Dragon was able to help rule the other eleven planets since their planet was destroyed. It seemed as though the prophecy wasn't going to come to past, until one day Chaos had returned. Chaos returned on a remarkable day for the eleven planets, because the twelve Royal Families all had a new born that day. Chaos started to cause harm and damage to the planets again. This time Chaos was more powerful and the Royal Families started to fall. Before they all fell, they all decided to send their first born away from the galaxy so they would not be influence by darkness or be destroyed. They all said their goodbyes and sent their children off. Chaos didn't notice the spaceships and they were sent far away. The flew through the stars for years until they came toward a wormhole. The wormhole brought the spaceships to our universe and the spaceships went to the nearest planet with life on it which was Earth. The twelve spaceships crashed onto the planet Earth. Some of the spaceships opened and the others didn't until later. When the spaceship opened, they immediately become human-like. The only thing on them was a golden necklace which the word Royalty on one side and on the other stated their power.

It is the year 2013 and all the spaceships have been opened at least for eighteen years. They each start having dreams about The Nepturist Galaxy and the planets they are from; not to mention the creatures who they really are. Two creatures come from a spaceship named Stego and Rhino. They ask for help for the Nepturist Galaxy. Who will help? The Royal Families might.

For Bios:
    Name:
    Royal Family:
    Human Appearance: (pictures are a must)
    Creature Appearance: (pictures are a must)
    Personality: (one paragraph minimum
    A Place, dealing With Your Power as to Where You were found:
    One Special Power Dealing with Your Power:
    Weakness 1: (a normal weakness)
    Weakness 2: (a strange weakness, example would be freeze when seeing a dog)

I know it's all over the place, but I have no clue what I'm doing. If I could get some pointers or suggestions, I would be most obliged.

Thanks
    I like the idea. 12 powers and different planets. You created a cluster of planets all for yourself to play in. I'd say that's really nice. I also like the fact that they're sent to earth, sorta like how Superman was sent from Krypton. I look forward to being a part of this RPG, whenever you decide to run it.
    Last edited by Orangefalcon; 03-20-2013 at 12:09 AM.
    Power Rangers : 4 Elements

Now an Active RPG!

Thanks
    Thanks Orangey, what do I do first to get it running?

Thanks
    These are just my two cents lol...

1. You said that chaos did his first reign of terror in 1313. And then you stated seven hundred years later, heirs were born and were sent away to earth via wormholes. According to your statistics, that would make it the year 2013. But you stated later that the spaceships have been open for 18 years. So would that make the current year 2031? If you want the current year to be 2013, I'd suggest you change the past year from 1313 to 1295 or the seven hundred years to roughly six hundred and eighty-two. (I'm sorry if you meant roughly seven hundred years as an approximate period of time..)

2. As for the RPG Storyline, it's pretty good. You have 12 heirs present all over the earth (or is it in one specific area?) who have emerged from the spaceship and mingled among the people of earth. That makes an excellent concept where you could have them adapt to earth's lifestyles, but still have images/memories of their own planets...as small or as confused as the memories may be. It is true that these stuff depend on the type of bios people write.

3. I suggest you form atleast one or two chapters/storylines to take forward. For example, according to your storyline, the spaceships have been open for 18 years which allows roughly 18 years of life the heirs have lived on earth. Do you want to start with a chapter describing the everyday life of the heirs with perhaps flashbacks/small nudges towards the 18 years they've lived? Or perhaps a chapter starting with the 2 creatures landing on earth and searching for the heirs?

4. How would you describe Chaos? Does he have an army? Generals? Footsoldiers? A base? Is he an alien? or a Spirit?

These are stuff, I would suggest you chalk out so that you can have all these stuff ready. Additionally they will help in planning your storyline further. I apologise if this wasn't the answer you were looking for.

Now an Active RPG!

Thanks
    No, this helps a lot. Thanks. I said I needed help since this is my first RPG Thanks for the help.

Thanks
    You're welcome. Glad to be of some help. Good Luck with your RPG.

Now an Active RPG!

Thanks

The Royal Families of the Nepturist Galaxy

Let me know if this is good to post to start an RPG:

Hello everyone. This is my first time doing an RPG, so I may be a little rusty, but please bare with me and give me any kind of feedback on what you think, or if you are interested in joining. Before I begin I just want to say that I played this game when I was younger with my next door neighbor and now I thought it would be cool to test it out in a RPG.

---

THE ADVENTURES OF THE ROYAL FAMILIES

STORY:

Year 583 A.D.

Long, long ago in a parallel universe there was a cloister of planets. It was known as the Nepturist Galaxy. There were twelve planets:

• The Planet Anesha
    • The Planet Furious
    • The Planet Iceatop
    • The Planet Cosmo
    • The Dark Planet
    • The Twinetta Planets (Twine and Etta)
    • The Trinaria Planets (Trina, Inari, and Naria)
    • The Planet, Hydrid
    • The Planet, Antimedium

Each planet had a moon, except for Twinetta, which had two and Trinaria, which had three. There were four suns governing the planets; the Northern, Southern, Eastern, and the Western. Icetop was smacked in the middle and did not get any heat at all, and was considered the coldest planet.. Furious was the closest to the Northern Sun and was almost a ball of gas. The other planets were scattered around. The Dark Planet was in between the Trinaria Planets and the Twinetta Planets and received absolutely no sun light, but still was warm. Anesha was the biggest and oldest of all twelve planets. These planets lived in peace and harmony for millions of years, without any war or conflict. Each planet produced its own source of power. Since Anesha was the largest and the oldest planet, it's source of power was light. Furious, since it was so hot, had a power source of fire. Icetop, since it was so cold, had a power source of ice. Cosmo had the power of electricity/lighting. The Dark Planet's power source was darkness. The Twinetta Planets had two power sources; thunder and sound. The Trinaria Planets had three power sources; rock, sand, and forest. Hydrid, since it was mainly made up of water, had a power source of water. Antimedium, the newest planet, just recently created had a power source of anti-matter. Each planet had different creatures living on the planet from all walks of life and creatures which only one could dream about.

It was a beautiful day, as always on the twelve planets when an evil darkness covered the twelve planets. No one had ever seen anything like it before. The evil darkness took a hold of some of the creatures from each of the planets, turning them evil. Some of the creatures were taken away by the evil darkness. It was chaos with wars starting from all twelve planets. The planets were in a Galactic War with each other. Some of the creatures, who weren't taken by the evil darkness or possessed, met secretly to discuss what they are going to do about the situation. They told each other that the evil darkness has done nothing but caused chaos and misery to the planets. They decided to call the evil darkness, Chaos. Chaos was a suitable name for it since the darkness was everywhere. After many discussions, they decided they would use the power source of each planet to try and destroy it. They gathered up one member from each planet who was willing to go up against this threat. Each member used the power source and caused Chaos to vanish. They had drove Chaos away but not in time to save a planet, Anesha. It could not stand the wars which were going on on the planet and blew itself up, killing trillions of creatures in the process. There was only one survivor; the creature who used the power source of light to drive Chaos away.

Peace and harmony, slowly fell back onto the eleven remaining planets for a while. Everything was not totally back to normal. Lives were gone and families were broken. To ensure this never happens again, eleven elders came together and decided to form royal families to help govern the planets and to hold with them the source of the planet's power, so in case that Chaos should return, they would be ready to fight it again. And so the twelve creatures chosen and willing to fight were made rulers of their planets, except for one, the creature was a floating ruler, since the planet Anesha got destroyed. These twelve creatures each picked a mate and ended up having a family. They were considered the Royal Families of the Nepturist Galaxy.

1283 A.D.

Seven hundred years have passed and everyone was still talking about Chaos and all the damage it has done to the planets. Chaos did a lot of damage to the towns and the villages of the planets, causing them still to fix things which were destroyed seven hundred years ago. The twelve Royal Families were still governing the planets. They each had a baby born on the same day. The Royal Families of the Silver Foxes each had twins. The Royal Families of the Verewolves each had triplets. Now, the Royal Family of the Dragons roamed around from planet to planet to see what they could aid with, carrying with them the baby. Each of the Royal Families enjoyed having the Royal Family of the Dragons helping them and the family liked feeling wanted. Everything was going good, until one day Chaos had returned. After seven hundred years, it showed it's face again. This time Chaos brought an army of followers. The creatures all figured it was the millions of creatures Chaos took from them, seven hundred years ago. They were all deformed and looked like monsters more than creatures. They started attacking the planets. The Royal Families all came together to try and drive out Chaos. However, the twelve of them weren't powerful enough to drive Chaos away. In fact, most of their subjects started to get influence by Chaos. The Royal Families knew it was not safe for their children to be there, so they fuzed the children with some of the power source from the planets, gave them each a medallion with the Royal Family's name on it and sent them off on a spaceship away from Chaos.

On the planet of Twinetta, before sending the two twins off, Chaos got a hold of one of the families and they killed their set of twins. Before, Chaos got a hold of the other set of Royal Family, they sent their twins off. On the planet Trinaria, Chaos had come and taken one set of triplets. They just vanished before everyone's eyes. With another family, Chaos got a hold of one of the families and they killed their set of triplets. Luckily, the third set of triplets managed to escape. Twelve spaceships flew off into space as more destruction became of their planets. The twelve left the Nepturist Galaxy, with their families hoping that they would have a better life.

1983 A.D.

Seven hundred years have pasted and now Chaos's army has set up bases and build castles. Chaos's army had basically taken over the planets. There were some refugee camps spread out, which Chaos had not bothered with or have not found, which were still fighting Chaos and his army. Allies from different planets have come together to fight off the evil. Unfortunately, these small groups aren't strong enough. They all hoped and prayed that there was someone who could defeat Chaos and Chaos's army. No one has seen Chaos but all the evil creatures have used the name when the few gave it that name fourteen hundred years ago.

One night, spirits showed up to all the refugee camp. The spirits were the original Royal Family of the Dragons. They came and told everyone of a prophecy:

On an uneven year, the Royal Families will return.
    They will come and fight off the evil which lurks around
    Peace and harmony will return to the Nepturist Galaxy.

Most of the creatures who heard this prophecy didn't believe it, because the Royal Families died off seven hundred years ago, but a few were optimist. They prayed for heroes to save them. They never expected that the Royal Families would return. Luckily did they now, that two creatures were on their way to find creatures who could help with the war against Chaos.

The spaceships ended up going through a wormhole which sent them to another parallel universe (our universe). They ended up in the Milky Way Galaxy. The spaceships were programmed to go to the nearest planet with life on it and that was planet Earth. During the course, a meteor shower crossed their path and some of the spaceships got damaged. Others got through without any problems. Some of them stopped in Earth's atmosphere, while others shot to the ground in a ball of fire. Each spaceship landed on their source of power or near. The spaceship carrying the Royal Member of the Dragons landed near a sun dial. One of the spaceships carrying one of the triplets from the Royal Family of the Verewolves landed near the Great Basin Desert in Nevada. The two spaceships of the Royal Members of the Silver Foxes both fell in the middle of a Red Hot Chili Peppers concert. The four spaceships opened up, and as soon as Earth's air hit the four creatures they turned into human babies. The spaceships had preserved the life of all the members and they haven't aged in seven hundred years. The four spaceships, themselves disappeared and the damage which the spaceships had done went back to normal as well. The other spaceships crashed, but the spaceships' doors haven't opened. It was because of that meteor shower. Some planets were still hovering over the planet.

1986 - 1988

Two spaceships which have landed on Earth, finally opened up bringing forth two babies. The member of the Royal Family of the Cyber Sharks was near radio towers. The member of the Royal Family of the Sea Serpents opened up by a beach in Hawaii. The spaceships disappeared leaving just the baby.

1988 - 1990

Two spaceships fell to Earth and opened up. One was a member of the Royal Family of the Ice Bears. The spaceship opened up in Iceland near some glaciers. The other spaceship opened up in Amazon Rain Forest in Brazil; one of the members of the Royal Family of the Verewolves.

1992 - 1994

Two spaceships had crashed. One spaceship holding the member of the Royal Family of the Phoenixes landed near the Hveravellir Volcano in Iceland. How strange that two spaceships opened up and landed on the same country. The other spaceship holding the member of the Royal Family of the Knight Owls was found in the dead of the night by some college students going to a party.

The last two remaining spaceships made it to Earth. One of the spaceships, holding the member of the Royal Family of the Verwolves landed near the Grand Canyon. Tourists found the baby and the baby became national news. The other spaceship with the member of the Royal Family of the Unicorns crashed in the middle of Stone Hedge. Tourists spotted a baby on one of the fallen stones. The baby became known throughout Europe.

It has been eighteen years since the last two remaining spaceships have opened up. Each member of the Royal Families have been living day to day on Earth. Some have become very wealthy, while others are just living one day at a time.

This is were the journey begins, where these twelve; their lives are going to change forever.

Rules:

1. No Godmodding (That rule implies on Chaos and his army. I will tell you how many Royal Family members it takes to defeat them.)
    2. The bios aren't on a first come, first serve basis. I will pick the best ones, so be creative and please no incomplete bios!
    3. ALL Relationships welcome. This means Lesbian, Gay, everything. BUT keep it CLEAN!
    4. With rule 3, I will be pairing you up in groups of two so any sort of relationship is welcomed, whether it be they are friends, enemies, or acquaintances.
    5. Don’t hesitate to use the Discussion Thread for questions or PM me direct. It’s what it’s all there for.
    6. Respect. That means players, characters, the game. One warning, after that, you’re replaced. NO EXCEPTIONS!
    7. If you have any suggestions for a character in the game, please talk to me and I'll see what I can do. After all this is my first RPG and opened for suggestions.
    8. Post in this RPG at least once a week. If you don’t, I reserve the right to replace you.
    9. In-Game Posts are to be a minimum of One Paragraph. No One Liners!
    10. Have fun!!!

The Bio Template:

Name: FIRST AND LAST
    Royal Family:
    Age: (look at the age range for that Royal Family member)
    Power Source:
    Human Appearance: (pictures are a must)
    Creature Appearance: (pictures are encouraged - they must look close to the creatures they are assigned to)
    Personality: (one paragraph minimum)
    History: (three paragraphs minimum)
    Dislikes: (lst at least three)
    One Special Power Dealing with Your Power Source:
    Weakness 1: (a normal weakness, example Achluophobia, fear of darkness)
    Weakness 2: (a strange weakness, example would be: freezes when seeing a chicken)

Anyone interested?
    Last edited by Ultimate Mikey; 03-23-2013 at 05:02 PM.