Thanks
    Blog Entries

Forum Structure Changes

Hello Members!

Just wanted to let you know we're made some minor changes to the layout of the board, per a suggestion from one of our Media Masters, Database Ranger (thanks DB!).

I. The Discussion forums (The Morphin' Grid, Lost in Translation, and Ernie's Juice Bar) are now located in The Command Center at the top of the page.

II. The interview section (Cassidy's Corner) and the archives (Legacy of Power) have been moved down to Terra Venture.

III. The introduction forum (Roll Call!) is now a subforum of Cassidy's Corner.

We hope this helps make the board easier to navigate, and please let us know if you have any suggestions to improve the board format!

-GoldPhoenixRanger
    Head Administrator

2. The Following User Says Thank You to GoldPhoenixRanger For This Useful Post:

Alison20@yahoo.com (08-09-2013)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I also have a suggestion for navigating forums easier.

Less thread redirects. There are these things called forum announcements that serve the same purpose but don't irritate me at nine in the morning.

Like this post? Follow me on Twitter!

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Question For This Useful Post:

Alison20@yahoo.com (08-09-2013), FangZeronos (05-07-2013), Rex Splode (05-07-2013), Thunder (05-08-2013)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Question View Post
    I also have a suggestion for navigating forums easier.

Less thread redirects. There are these things called forum announcements that serve the same purpose but don't irritate me at nine in the morning.
    If you're referring to these Force Reads, they exist for the members' benefit. And no, announcements do not serve the same purpose. Announcements are things we'd like you to read and things we feel are important for you, the members, to know, but aren't necessary for you to read. These Force Read Threads are things we want you to know and feel you need to know and that we feel are necessary that you read. Also, as a long-time member of this community, Question, I would think you of all people would appreciate the fact that we actually bother to tell our members that we're changing stuff or that we've moved stuff as opposed to another board owner that shall remain nameless who would just change stuff on a whim.

If you are, in fact, referring to actual Thread Redirects (and I would assume you are not), we don't use them. Or our policy is that we don't use them. If Thread Redirects show up in forums, we apologize and ask that you bring them to our attention so we can remove them.

Jigaku No Banken!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by you, about force reads
    These Force Read Threads are things we want you to know
    Quote Originally Posted by you, about announcements
    things we feel are important for you, the members, to know
    There is no difference here. They are both ways of imparting information you want the members to know but one is not a disruption to posting and an annoyance to members. And yet you guys consistently choose the option that is.

All that changed is the order of forums. This should not warrant a force read when a less obtrusive method is open to you. And I'm sure you assume this is just me complaining, but this very topic actually came up in a recent chat I had with another member about things about RV that are irritating as fuck to us, and I was not the one that brought it up. So this isn't just me being an asshole as per usual.

This might be less of an issue if the announcement option were ever used for anything, but it's ALWAYS the force read every time the smallest thing changes. Remember the constitution thing that GPR said only affects staff but for some reason everyone was forced to read? This kind of shit is frustrating to the normals.

edit: Yeah, I was talking about force reads, not forum redirects. My bad there.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Question For This Useful Post:

Rex Splode (05-07-2013)

Thanks
    Eh, not really Question. Announcements are used for long-term "stuff you oughta read" whilst force-read are one-shot "we've done changes to the forum, don't bitch at us if you don't read this and you're affected in some way by what you're ignoring. that's your own damn fault".

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Which neatly ignores a: my examples, b: the fact that you only ever choose one of these options for every tiny change, and c: the fact that, despite the fact that I'm the only one bitching in this thread, it's not just me annoyed by the fact that the announcements NEVER GET USED.

Like I said, the constitution shit that GPR said only affected staff was a force read. That should not have been, by your own definition. Rangerboard and RangerCrew never use force redirects, but the tiniest PR forum does. Maybe that says something. Maybe you should ask those forums' management why they never use force redirects because you might actually listen to them.
    Last edited by Question; 05-07-2013 at 11:11 PM.

Well... I have to admit, I was kind of like 'dafuq?' when I came on RV one day and the discussion forums for PR and Toku were nearly at the very bottom.

Thanks
    Well....The discussion sub-forums for PR (The morphing grid), Toku (Lost in Translation) and off-topics (Ernie's Juice Bar) are at the top of the forum now. They're the first things you see beneath Forum Announcements and Updates (Angel Grove Times)
    Last edited by Orangefalcon; 05-09-2013 at 12:48 PM.
    Power Rangers : 4 Elements

Now an Active RPG!

Thanks
    Can't wait

Thanks
    Goldstreak....the forum structure already changed back in May...that's why this thread was made stating what's been changed.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ForeverBlue For This Useful Post:

GokaiYellow (09-13-2013), Goldstreak (07-05-2013)