Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

RangerVision Now Hiring!

Hello Ranger Nation!

Today, we at RV are here to announce that we have several available staff positions to fill! All of the available positions are at the "6th Ranger" level of staff (unless otherwise noted), which includes basic moderation ability over the entire forum and will be assigned to the specific areas as noted below.

If you are interested in any of these positions, please send a "Letter of Interest" via PM to me (GoldPhoenixRanger) with a filled out copy of the Application below, and I will evaluate potential candidates and (with Kurama) make the final decisions. Any questions about these positions may be posted in this thread.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I. Web Designer - The first thing we are looking for is someone with experience in web design (HTML / PHP) who might be able to help us create a basic website and possibly other options here and there. This would be a new aspect to RangerVision and one which we have some plans for, but would be open to new ideas as well. Unfortunately we are unable to offer compensation at this time, but pending future success of the site and/or board we may be able to offer a stipend at some point. A sample of your work will be required for application to this position.

II. Discussion Forum Moderator(s) - We are currently looking for 1-2 Moderators to work under ForeverBlue in our three discussion forums, including "Power Rangers", "Sentai / Tokusatsu", and "Off-Topic". This moderator(s) will be responsible for maintaining the current PR and Toku discussion threads including but not limited to posting of news, updating episode listings, and posting of discussion threads for new episode of Power Rangers and/or Sentai. Moderators will also be responsible for the maintenance of the forums including archival of old threads and deletion of spam.

III. Fanfiction Moderator - This moderator will work under Ultimate Mikey and will be in charge of the revitalization of our fanficton forums. We would like this moderator to have a working knowledge of fanfiction.net and if possible, to be a fanfiction writer themselves. This person would spread word of our fanfic section to various authors on other boards and via places like the aforementioned website, and invite them to be part of our Media Hub and our community. Fanfiction contests may also full under this jurisdiction with help from the Contest staff. Archival of old threads and deletion of spam is also required.

IV. Graphic Arts Moderator - What we're looking for here is a Graphic artist to act as moderator to help revitalize our Graphic Arts section, working under either Ultimate Mikey or Red Buster (TBD). Responsibillities include moderation and maintenence of the graphic arts forum, promotion of the board to graphic artists on DeviantArt and other sites, and working with the Contest staff for graphic arts contests. In addition, this staff member will be in charge of the creation of banners, skins for those banners, and any other images we may require for the board such as promotional material. Plenty of notice is given for these requests in order to have the images the best they can be. A sample of your work will be required for application to this position. Archival of old threads and deletion of spam is also required.

V. Contest Moderator - Working under Red Buster, this moderator will assist with the creation, launch, and running of all contests on the board. This includes but is not limited to potential future seasons of TPIY, future "Ultimate" contests in the vein of the completed "Ultimate Ranger" and "Ultimate Megazord" tournaments, graphic arts and fanfiction contests, and anything else we may come up with. Any ideas for new contests or prizes to award to the winners are also a plus.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

APPLICATION FORM

Position Applying For -

PERSONAL

1) Username -

2) Other Usernames (previously used on RV or on other forums) -

3) Real First & Last Name (optional) -

4) Birthday -

5) Home Location -

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

6) Why do you want to help this forum? -

7) What skills can you bring to this forum (specifically in the position for which you applied)? -

8) Have you ever used the back end of a Vbulletin forum? -

9) Do you know any of the moderator options? -

10) Do you moderate on other forum web sites? -

**NOTE: If you answered "No" to Question 10, please skip to Question 15**

11) What other forums do you moderate? -

12) How long have you been moderating other forums? -

13) Have you ever resigned from a staff position? -

14) If yes, please include details/reasons for the resignation -

15) Enter any additional information that you think Kurama (the site owner) and the rest of the staff should know about you (such as gender (Male or Female)) and/or your skills that haven't been mentioned yet. -

16) How may we contact you in case of an emergency? - (E-mail is preferred, but Twitter/Facebook are also acceptable).

17) Also provide additional means of contacting you. -

18) I hereby verify that all information that I have provided is to my knowledge true and verifiable. - Yes.

Please note that for all these positions, we need applicants who are dedicated to the fandom as a whole, and who are willing to help take this board into the future. One of the primary reasons we are looking for staff is due to the lack of time our senior staff have to get things done, so we need these new moderators to have enough free time to dedicate to the board. This doesn't mean you'll be on constantly, but just be sure you have enough time to be able to get things done when necessary.

I look forward to reading applications, and Good Luck!

- GoldPhoenixRanger
    Head Administrator
    Last edited by Shadow Ranger; 11-17-2013 at 02:46 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to GoldPhoenixRanger For This Useful Post:

Jordan Cullen (11-19-2013)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    One of the primary reasons we are looking for staff is due to the lack of time our senior staff have to get things done
    Then why the fuck are they staff at all?

If someone doesn't have enough time to volunteer to being a moderator on a half-dead board with upwards of maybe ten posts a day, then they shouldn't be mods. How can ForeverBlue have time to mod here and on Ranger Crew but never post discussions here? Ultimate Mikey is, to the best of my knowledge, never on ever, but he's still in charge of fanfiction? Boot him and put someone else in charge for reals. The most active sections of the board lately are TPIY and RPGs, and even those just barely, so kudos for not convincing Red Buster and KRK to quit I guess.

My favorite part is still how you straight out admit that you don't have time for a Power Rangers board though. Hey, admins, serious question - what are the last five things each of you did to positively affect the board that aren't suggesting the hiring of new mods to take the strain off your terribly burdensome workload? Seriously, maybe before deciding to expand your workforce, you should actually do something besides probably talking about wrestling in the invisible subforums.

Seriously, this is mostly stream of consciousness because I'm sick as balls, but look at these two comments:

...the lack of time our senior staff have to get things done
    we need these new moderators to have enough free time to dedicate to the board
    "The bosses don't need time to dedicate to the board but you totally do if you want to apply to be their subordinates"

I'm being slightly less abrasive than usual because if I wanted to read between the lines I'd note that you probably acknowledge that you've got nothing but you don't want to lose your precious Power Force membership and I feel for you.
    Last edited by Question; 11-18-2013 at 11:39 AM.

Like this post? Follow me on Twitter!

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Question For This Useful Post:

Arisato Minato (11-19-2013), FangZeronos (11-19-2013), Red Ranger 123 (11-19-2013), Rex Splode (11-19-2013)

Thanks
    I agree with Question. If the current staff does not have time to do their job, how will they have time to manage other people? When someone doesn't do their job, they should be replaced, not given subordinates. But I guess this is just the Dilbert Principal at work.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Rex Splode For This Useful Post:

Question (11-19-2013)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    You made some valid points Question, so allow me to try to set the record straight.

Then why the fuck are they staff at all?

If someone doesn't have enough time to volunteer to being a moderator on a half-dead board with upwards of maybe ten posts a day, then they shouldn't be mods. How can ForeverBlue have time to mod here and on Ranger Crew but never post discussions here? Ultimate Mikey is, to the best of my knowledge, never on ever, but he's still in charge of fanfiction? Boot him and put someone else in charge for reals. The most active sections of the board lately are TPIY and RPGs, and even those just barely, so kudos for not convincing Red Buster and KRK to quit I guess.
    It's not that the senior staff don't have time to do anything at all, it's that they don't have time to deal with both management and the grunt work at the same time. Some are more active than others, yes, but in many cases this is due to temporary situations that will eventually alleviate themselves. For example, Red Buster's father recently had not one, but two heart attacks and is still recovering, requiring Buster's full attention at this time. So yes, some people have to deal with things for a time, but those things aren't permanent.

As for Ultimate Mikey, I should probably point out that he is and always has been a fanfiction writer (more than one of his stories are on this board) and his current story is also the most recently updated in the section right now. In addition to this, he is also a TPIY Judge and is consistently the first person to have his scores done every time.

Moving on, TPIY and RPG's are the most active sections by a little, yes, but four senior staff commit their time each and every week to judge that TPIY contest as well as come up with surprises, and both KRD and KRK are dedicating their time to come up with ways to make the RPG section better.

My favorite part is still how you straight out admit that you don't have time for a Power Rangers board though. Hey, admins, serious question - what are the last five things each of you did to positively affect the board that aren't suggesting the hiring of new mods to take the strain off your terribly burdensome workload? Seriously, maybe before deciding to expand your workforce, you should actually do something besides probably talking about wrestling in the invisible subforums.
    While I can't speak for everything each staff member has done, I judge the TPIY contest, post the weekly Megaforce episiode discussion threads, keep the Megaforce Information thread up to date, am active in multiple RPG's, and run the 20th Anniversary Celebration including those discussion threads and the changing of the forum names to correspond with the season of the month. The others are welcome to defend their own contributions which I'm sure they would have no problem doing. Also, for the record, while a number of us are wrestling fans, we never partake in that type of discussion in our Staff Forums.

Seriously, this is mostly stream of consciousness because I'm sick as balls, but look at these two comments:
    "The bosses don't need time to dedicate to the board but you totally do if you want to apply to be their subordinates"

I'm being slightly less abrasive than usual because if I wanted to read between the lines I'd note that you probably acknowledge that you've got nothing but you don't want to lose your precious Power Force membership and I feel for you.
    You made some good points here Question, and it was mostly my own phrasing that made this sound worse than it was, so I take full credit for that screw up. Also, for the record, yes I want to remain on Power Force but that has nothing to do with my love for this board, as I loved it long before PF was a thing and I will be dedicated to it long after. Basically the point is that we realized the reason the board has floundered as of late is that we didn't have enough people to bring the ideas we come up with to fruition. If we have enough people, we can actually enact ideas to revitalize the sections and help the board move into the future as a proper part of the #RangerNation.

-GPR

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GoldPhoenixRanger For This Useful Post:

Chriz aka The Mole (11-19-2013), Jordan Cullen (11-19-2013), Kamen Rider Genm (11-20-2013)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Despite telling people I was, I wasn't going to bother replying here. I legitimately could not give less of a shit about the utter clusterfuck that is your staffing strategy. Hell, if anything, it's more people for me to make fun of and then laugh when they think that they can shut me up. But if I wanted to be completely honest, I'm pissed about something unrelated and I kind of want to take it out on someone, so.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldPhoenixRanger View Post
    It's not that the senior staff don't have time to do anything at all, it's that they don't have time to deal with both management and the grunt work at the same time.
    What fucking management? What fucking grunt work? There's like ten posts a day here! You want me to cut that shit in half for you? Forget managing and do grunt work yourselves.

"Management". God.

Some are more active than others, yes, but in many cases this is due to temporary situations that will eventually alleviate themselves. For example, Red Buster's father recently had not one, but two heart attacks and is still recovering, requiring Buster's full attention at this time. So yes, some people have to deal with things for a time, but those things aren't permanent.
    Counterpoint - I have literally seen you and Red Buster arguing in the shoutbox about whose job it was to start a thread. To start a fucking thread. I'm not going to pretend it wasn't mostly you guys just joking around, but... why the hell can the 'head administrator' not start a goddamned thread for someone he knows is having serious issues offline?

As for Ultimate Mikey, I should probably point out that he is and always has been a fanfiction writer (more than one of his stories are on this board) and his current story is also the most recently updated in the section right now. In addition to this, he is also a TPIY Judge and is consistently the first person to have his scores done every time.
    Fair points. But, hey, why does the head fanfiction mod have time to write his own fanfic, read three fanfics in two weeks, but not have time to mod his mostly dead section? How much effort could it possibly take? Why does he need help there?

Moving on, TPIY and RPG's are the most active sections by a little, yes,
    ...a little? Five of the eight threads updated in the last 24 hours are RPG and RPG discussions, and I know for a fact at least one of those threads has multiple posts in that time. One is a thread by AfterThePower, who I'm like ninety percent sure isn't even a real person. Two are threads you've started, who I'm like ninety percent sure yeah you know where I'm going with this.

but four senior staff commit their time each and every week to judge that TPIY contest as well as come up with surprises,
    I distinctly remember one week where every one of you forgot you were supposed to be scoring entries. I distinctly remember you guys coming up with surprises that at least one team (mine, because I haven't read anyone else's) had done, like, the week before. I mean, really, between the four of you you couldn't come up with surprises better than "Use Zordon!" or "Unmorphed episode!" Although your vague wording in the latest cameo surprise let me use the greatest guest star ever so kudos for that.

While I can't speak for everything each staff member has done, I judge the TPIY contest, post the weekly Megaforce episiode discussion threads, keep the Megaforce Information thread up to date, am active in multiple RPG's, and run the 20th Anniversary Celebration including those discussion threads and the changing of the forum names to correspond with the season of the month.
    So you read six stories a month, occasionally post in threads, and change forum names.

I'm bored, so I actually looked at the first two pages of your forum history. Seven posts in RPG-related threads since September 14. "Active in multiple RPG's".

The others are welcome to defend their own contributions which I'm sure they would have no problem doing.
    <crickets chirping joke>

Also, for the record, while a number of us are wrestling fans, we never partake in that type of discussion in our Staff Forums.
    I'm pretty sure I remember there being plenty of off-topic stuff during the approximate month I had access to the invisible forums, but my memory is shit right now so I'll let that one slide.

You made some good points here Question, and it was mostly my own phrasing that made this sound worse than it was, so I take full credit for that screw up. Also, for the record, yes I want to remain on Power Force but that has nothing to do with my love for this board, as I loved it long before PF was a thing and I will be dedicated to it long after.
    I laughed so hard.

Basically the point is that we realized the reason the board has floundered as of late is that we didn't have enough people to bring the ideas we come up with to fruition.
    Even harder.

This one I'll explain though. Unless you quite literally have a hundred thousand ideas, there is no way the answer is hiring new people. Fine, I'll accept you need some new banners or whatever to something something advertise. Why do those banners need to be made by mods? Why not whore out some VIP subscriptions to some graphic designers in return for banners?

Fine, maybe you want a new fanfic mod for some reason that isn't immediately obvious to me or anyone. Why does a fanfic mod need to write fanfiction? Why not skip modding someone and have you spend an afternoon making advertisement threads in every PR forum you can find?

If we have enough people, we can actually enact ideas to revitalize the sections and help the board move into the future as a proper part of the #RangerNation.
    Then why don't you mod everyone? That way, you have more than enough people!

Seriously. I would love to hear some of these ideas that for some reason require more people. I would love to be proven wrong here; this is not me trolling. I'm VIP; I've actively put money into this board, so yeah, I kind of give a shit even though I keep telling everyone including myself that I don't and I will deny ever having said this tomorrow.

Really, a better idea would be to demod everyone and then get a staff based more on ability and less on how you want to be friends with them. My god, not even kidding, this staff is cliquey as fuck.

-GPR
    WE KNOW WHO MADE THE POST YOU DON'T NEED TO SIGN YOUR INITIALS

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Question For This Useful Post:

FangZeronos (11-23-2013)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I am just curious. Are you going to hire any person for the RPG Section on here? I didn't see it in the above list on the hiring jobs on here.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Ms. Katie Wallace "Chosen One" For This Useful Post:

Question (11-24-2013)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I will retract everything I said if you guys mod Katie Wallace.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Question For This Useful Post:

Arisato Minato (11-24-2013), Ms. Katie Wallace "Chosen One" (11-24-2013)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Katie Wallace "Chosen One" View Post
    I am just curious. Are you going to hire any person for the RPG Section on here? I didn't see it in the above list on the hiring jobs on here.
    That's because we recently hired Kamen Rider Kiva, who is working under Kamen Rider Decade in the RPG section, so we have that area covered.

Quote Originally Posted by Question View Post
    I will retract everything I said if you guys mod Katie Wallace.
    Lest you forget, she's been on staff before. I give everyone a fair chance.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Then you know she has experience.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Question For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Can I apply for more than one?
    Bad Influence
    We the People!
    Facebook | Twitter | Deviant Art