Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Influence View Post
    Can I apply for more than one?

Sure, help yourself!

Before you do however, allow me to better explain the positions here.

Question was right in that the way I presented it, it looked like we were hiring new staff to make up for the existing staff not doing their jobs, and this is not the case. Basically, its not moderation we need help with, its specific things that our existing staff either don't have the resources, skills, or in some cases yes, time to complete:

1. We're looking to develop a website to further our goal of being a Media Hub. If anyone knows a web designer who might be interested in helping us, please let us know. None of us really have any web design skills at all, so we're in a rut.

2. Rather than discussion forum moderators, what we really need are Newshounds, people to keep track of PR and Tokustatsu related news and ensure it is posted on the board in a timely manner, as well as keeping Information and Episode discussion threads up to date. We might be able to handle the PR side on our own, but we really don't have that many diehard Sentai / Toku fans on staff, so we don't really have anyone who knows the Toku news sites / fandom that well. Due to crazy work hours, many members of the staff don't have time to go scavenging social media and other sites for the news, especially in the Sentai/Toku department.

3. Fanfiction / Graphic Arts - Really, what we need for this are not people to moderate these areas, but to promote these areas outside the board. This is why we figured people who participate in these activities would be best for the position, since they would already know other authors / artists and could therefore advertise us to them, as well as help make those sections somewhere authors / artists want to post their content.

4. The contest thing is just to help with contest ideas and to run contests if Red Buster is unavailable, specifically things like caption contests and others that need to be updated weekly, if not more frequently. It also gives us an extra person to judge things like TPIY, and to help promote the board via said contests.

So I hope this better explains what it is we're looking for. This probably doesn't answer everything Question brought up, and he's right the existing staff need to be more active to justify the addition of more staff, and I'm going to make sure they are. The goal here is really to get back to a hierarchy structure so we can properly run the sections and properly promote our board. Most of this is on me for trying to treat the place like it's some fancy professional business because I have a thing for doing that because it makes me feel important. I have no issue admitting that's a flaw of mine. I'm going to try a more liberal, department based staff approach and see what happens from there.

With that said, I'm also going to close this thread so that the debate doesn't confuse any potential applicants.

-GPR (it's a force of habit and a trademark of mine, sorry Question )

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Just so everyone is aware, we are still taking applications! New hires will not official be brought onto staff until January 1st, so take your time and get those applications in!

-GPR