View Poll Results: Should The Forum Names Be Changed Each Month?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 18.75%
  • No

13 81.25%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Should We Continue Changing the Forum Names Each Month?

Hello Members,

So, I'm going to ask you guys a simple question today, and I ask that everyone who reads this please vote in the poll above to show your answer.

Over the course of our 20th Anniversary of Power Rangers Extravaganza, I have been changing the names of most of the forums on the homepage to match the Season of the Month (forum names currently themed on PRiS). For example, the name of this information area has been based on the HQ of that month's team, the Toku Section named after the base of the seasons Sentai counterpart, etc.

It has been brought to my attention however, that this might be confusing some members who are trying to find certain sections. As a result, I put it to you the members...should I continue changing the forum names each month to match the Season of the Month, or should I set them to one set of generally PR themed names, and leave it at that?

Feel free to discuss in the thread, and as I said, be sure to vote in the poll!

-GPR

Thanks
    Personally, I think leaving them as a set of general PR themed names might be best. Because I know it gets confusing trying to find something on the mobile version of the site and not being able to. At the start it was a good idea, but over the last two seasons, it's gotten confusing in my eyes.

Thanks
    Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of the PR name theme for forums, but changing them constantly just confuses me @@
    http://www.rangervision.com/signaturepics/sigpic254_1.gif
    Come on an adventure with the Corsair Power Rangers, in Power Rangers: The Corsair Project, all aboard!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I am going to say no myself, especially when I go on those long hiatus the board changing when I come back is just confusing.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    There's a thread tag named after me?

Like this post? Follow me on Twitter!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Question For This Useful Post:

Red Buster (12-04-2013)

Thanks
    "Will the real Question please stand up? I repeat, will the real Question please stand up?......We're gonna have a problem here"
    http://www.rangervision.com/signaturepics/sigpic254_1.gif
    Come on an adventure with the Corsair Power Rangers, in Power Rangers: The Corsair Project, all aboard!

Thanks
    Well, I was going to say if you start something stick with it.. But I guess the board sees it another way.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Honestly, I think changing them maybe once every 4 months would be better. Leaving them the same every month gets boring, but changing them too much causes confusion. So I think 3 times a year keeps things fresh, but that's just me.
    Bad Influence
    We the People!
    Facebook | Twitter | Deviant Art

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Influence View Post
    Honestly, I think changing them maybe once every 4 months would be better. Leaving them the same every month gets boring, but changing them too much causes confusion. So I think 3 times a year keeps things fresh, but that's just me.
    Lol. The forum names were changed as part of the 20th anniversary celebrations to reflect the power ranger season being discussed each month. I don't think there was a plan to change the names every four months or three months for the heck of it. :p. Just saying
    Power Rangers : 4 Elements

Now an Active RPG!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I find it cute, motif changing monthly, but thats just me.
    My Bloody Rose...

*Thanks to Nero Trinity for the amazing Sig.*