Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    You know as well as I do that it is disingenuous of Saban to not tell us that Power Rangers is fictional. Some fans might think its a documentary.

Thanks
    They could have done their own version of the Mighty Morphin/Dino Thunder/Dino Charge teamup as a feature film. But I do see why they've done it this way, MMPR is the bling-bling. The one Saban Brands can market as "Remember this? They're coming back, yo". But it should be fun. Now to see where they go with it.

As far as general tone of the fight scenes go. I'd always imagined a Power Rangers movie to have the tone of the Spider-Man movies for ground fight scenes, with Pacific Rim for the zord scenes.
    http://www.rangervision.com/signaturepics/sigpic254_1.gif
    Come on an adventure with the Corsair Power Rangers, in Power Rangers: The Corsair Project, all aboard!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LordOliver View Post
    You know as well as I do that it is disingenuous of Saban to not tell us that Power Rangers is fictional. Some fans might think its a documentary.
    You can't just lie on tv. Otherwise, what's the point of the news?

Checkmate, gaytheists!
    HILARIOUS SIGNATURE

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I think we all, as true Ranger fans must embarce this new venture to reboot MMPR.

I myself have many mixed feelings, as many of you have as well. MMPR is definitive in all of our childhoods...

But what do people say about all of these other reboot films/tv series and their new reincarnations?

SO MANY movies have been remade. So many TV shows have been rebooted....but we embrace them with the heart of the original in mind and many people love the new views!

Rebooting MMPR is tough on us die hard fans, but..honestly, we are in the age of the 'reboot'...why the hell not!

With the advancements is technology, Im drooling now at the imagination of the ranger suits, morph sequences and the Zords! OH the ZORDS!!! We all can remember the CGI blunders they made during the Ninja Megazord combination in the first film...but, how badass did the Turbo Megazord looked all combined before turning into what we all know and love before battling Maligore!

Bring it on Saban....just, please, don't let us down!

Thanks
    As a "true" Power Ranger fan, I must resent the idea that Morphin is all there is. Are they gonna reboot every season up to Megaforce? Of course not. If they must make another PR movie it needs to move the franchise forward and help the existing and future seasons. We can't stay in the past.

Reboots are never as good as the original. Have you seen the new "Batman" films? As someone who loved the Tim Burton originals, I hated the Nolan reboots.

btw, have you seen how Disney chose to "re-envision" MMPR? I would rather not see that in a feature film and that's exactly what I'm afraid of in this reboot (that and Christopher Nolan being allowed to direct it.)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by blueprodigy View Post
    Tim Burton originals
    Ahem.

HILARIOUS SIGNATURE

Thanks
    btw, have you seen how Disney chose to "re-envision" MMPR? I would rather not see that in a feature film and that's exactly what I'm afraid of in this reboot (that and Christopher Nolan being allowed to direct it.)
    There is no nice way to say what I'm about to say, but I'm going to try (and fail). The only reason I'm not explaining myself in detail is because I'm not sure how long I'm gonna be home and I would otherwise spend four hours typing this.

If you honest to God, in your soul of souls, think the MMPR reversioning and a theatrical MMPR reboot by Lionsgate have literally anything in common, and that the former actively reflects on the potential content of the latter, you seriously have nothing resembling critical thinking skills at all.

Hate this post? Follow me on Twitter!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Oh god, I shouldn't do this but I'm bored and angry about things and can't stop thinking about it.

As a "true" Power Ranger fan,
    I was unaware you were a male ages four to eight.

More seriously, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_true_Scotsman

I must resent the idea that Morphin is all there is.
    Unfortunately, you're a neckbeard in Power Ranger fandom. To the world at large, Power Rangers begins and ends with MMPR, so of course that's who a reboot movie would try to entice, since the point is not to placate retards online but to make money.

Are they gonna reboot every season up to Megaforce? Of course not.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reductio_ad_absurdum

If they must make another PR movie it needs to move the franchise forward and help the existing and future seasons. We can't stay in the past.
    How is reintroducing a series to audiences that either weren't around in '93 or haven't watched the show since then not 'moving the franchise forward'?

Of course, this ignores how a: moving forward is not always the best course of action, and b: people fucking love nostalgia shit lately.

Reboots are never as good as the original. Have you seen the new "Batman" films? As someone who loved the Tim Burton originals, I hated the Nolan reboots.
    As some incredibly smart and sexy and kind and perfect person pointed out above, the Burton films were not the first Batman movies. If you prefer Burton's movies to Adam West's, then not only do you actually prefer the reboot, but you are also objectively wrong because the Burton films were awful. Seriously, look at what the fuck he did to Penguin. And Catwoman; she's more than a pretty girl in leather. Joker was okay.

btw, have you seen how Disney chose to "re-envision" MMPR? I would rather not see that in a feature film and that's exactly what I'm afraid of in this reboot
    ...are you fucking serious? You think a major film studio creating a new MMPR film is anything even remotely related to taking the original MMPR show and giving it some wacky new special effects? Do you not understand what the big boys are even talking about? Do you understand what 'reboot' even means?

(that and Christopher Nolan being allowed to direct it.)
    I'd say the same thing about Burton, but mostly because I don't want Trini to be reimagined as a leather fetish model played by Johnny Depp.
    HILARIOUS SIGNATURE

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    They should milk these MMPR Films like they've been doing with the Saw films... seriously, milk it until the utters pop off and then switch to soy and milk some more. Why? Because it's power rangers and it never gets old. Plus, it gives Saban something to use in competition with the new Star Wars movies.

Also, Power Rangers & Kick-Ass team up special for the win!

Edit

With the recent purchase of the production rights in South Africa, this could possibly be filmed there.
    Bad Influence
    We the People!
    Facebook | Twitter | Deviant Art

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabbatical View Post
    They should milk these MMPR Films like they've been doing with the Saw films...
    Only if, like Saw 2, they make the sequels out of unrelated scripts the studio has lying around.

Hate this post? Follow me on Twitter!