Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Thanks
    Adam Park Rito Revolto

As the duo walked through Section CR15E, Adam took in what he could of the layout and technology. He glanced up at Rito who saw his look and met eyes as Adam whispered, "This looks like a research facility... wonder what they want with me in here?" Rito shrugged and whispered back, "Maybe they're experimenting on Rangers?" Adam's eyes narrowed as he looked back down at the ground and Rito faced forward. They walked in silence until they reached the room containing Isabel. At the sound of her voice, Adam looked up and listened as she demanded Rito hand him over. His eye immediately focused on her right hand, noticing she was holding something... something of substance. He felt a nudge on his arm and looked up to see Rito look down at him with a look of concern. Adam tugged on Rito's hand to get the skeleton monster to allow him to move it. He moved the hand below the small of his back and allowed Rito to feel the cloaked Dino Buckler still attached to his belt. Adam smiled and nodded as Rito nodded back. He motioned to the hidden earpiece imbedded in Rito's ear as he whispered ever so softly, but loud enough for anyone on the comms to hear, "Rito, find out what you can about the slave trade and the prisoners we saw. We're not leaving without them. I should be fine, but if you hear screaming over the comms, come running." Rito nodded and shoved Adam forward, "He's all yours, toots! Now hand over the payment!" Adam stumbled forward and looked up at Isabel, a look of determination on his face, his right hand gripping a device he's been holding since landing, ready to act if necessary.
    Last edited by Shadow Ranger; 10-06-2017 at 12:58 PM.

Jigaku No Banken!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Remy Anderson

Remyfollowed closely behind Jacob and Thomas, her footfall gliding silently acrossthe ground. As the trio came upon the corridor Remy flattened herself againstthe wall as a woman with silverish locks flew pass. Both Tom and Jacobcommented their thoughts of what she was up to, then he assigned them to keepwatch. She peered inside the lab itself, as her eyes landed on the handful ofguards.

Jacob and her split going to their own assigned guards, shecrept up behind the one on the left. She wrapped her arm around his neck,chocking him into unconscious. She turned to her left and found herself staringinto the helmet into another guard’s visor. A gloved fist flew towards herhelmet, she found herself stepping to the left. She grabbed onto his arm andswung him into the wall, slamming it against the concrete. She turned backaround and found another guard with his fist raised in the air. Remy highkicked the incoming fist away from her, swinging her fist into his unexpectedgut. Remy dropped into a crouch and swept his legs out from underneath him. Sheplanted her foot on his airway, pressing down until he fell unconscious.Looking up, she looked in Tom’s directions, wondering how he was faring againsthis own guards.

She moved in his direction, eyes peeled open for otherguards that might be walking about. She looked up and walked forward to whereJacob was occupied with the doctor. She cringed as she watched Jacob slam thedoctor into the table. “He had it coming.” Remy commented, coming up towardsthem. She looked down at the doctor who was down by her feet.
    Looking over Jacob’s shoulder she saw what he was studying.Parts of it made sense, the other parts seemed as if she was reading anotherlanguage.
    “Whelp, this is turning out to be an interesting assignment.”Remy stated, her eyebrow quirked up, underneath her helmet. So, what’s next ohfearless leader?”
    Last edited by RavenDCloud; 10-07-2017 at 06:20 PM.

Thanks
    "Oh you'll get your payment Mr Revolto, so long as you heed my words and don't try anything stupid," Isabel said cooly. Rito looked around at his surroundings as Isabel issued her warning not to try any stupid. She was an arrogant whelp who certainly lived up to that of her infamous reputation and family name. They were vastly outnumbered and there was no clearly no exit in sight for the time being, presumably until the business transaction was completed. Stalling for time seemed like the best option for now, at least until the opportune moment presented itself. "Didn't the Dark King say that before he beat down your ancestors?" snorted Rito. Isabel's eyes flashed with an unbridled fury for the faintest flicker of a moment before returning to the cold hard stare.

The mood of the room shifted immediately from that one throwaway comment of Rito as guns were aimed and ready to shoot him down right there and then. Honestly, why did mobsters always have to be so trigger happy?

"I'll let your insolence slide for now," she replied in terse tone and the mood lifted immediately once again. The Kavard Family had amassed an impressive legacy over the years and through a great deal of cunning, guile and luck, they had remained in seats of power for a long time and as such, their family history was mostly spotless. There was however one particularly infamous old tale that happened some hundred years ago in a different dimension at the hands of one interloper that had killed a previous don of the family and freed the slaves under their thumb, robbing them blind of their prestige, their pride and their profits in a single night. It was a familiar tale known to those who had served the forces of evil and even today there were still whispers rumbling in the dark about that same enigma that nearly wiped them out from the annals of history. Clearly it was still something of a sore spot even today and Rito took great glee in exploiting that fact. Isabel smiled sweetly before snapping her fingers as two suit clad lackeys came up carrying large suit cases to which were then opened and if Rito had actual eyes they would have popped out of his head in delight. "Here at the Kavard Family, we make sure that our clients get very well rewards for their efforts, please be sure to spread the word to any number of your colleagues."

"Will do!" exclaimed Rito as he greedily scooped up the suit cases of cash and waltzed out of the room with a merry little tune, blissfully ignoring Isabel borderline sexually harassing the now captive Adam and ordering him to be gagged as they dragged the Black Ranger off to whatever dark hole in this stagnant cesspit they were planning to.

And just as Rito was about to completely bail out from this mission entirely and walk right out the door with more money than he could count so that he could go off to some nice hot desert planet to six back, relax and sip cocktails for the rest of his days, an electric shock jolted through him. "Ow!" he yelped, looking around for any signs of life or danger to confront and promptly pulverize.

"Get back in there you moron," ordered Artemis.

"Do I have to?" whined Rito. Another electric shock served to be his answer. "Fine! I'm going I'm going!" He turned around and stamped back into this wretched hive of scum and villainy and took the time to download a map of the entire building, if anything so that he didn't have to waste time wandering about the place like a gormless idiot. "Scientists and breeding facilities in Section C12, sounds like Art's paradise of Lovecraftian horrors. Combative and training areas in the North West territory. Crime bosses like the Kavards and other wannabe evils hang out in the Hive Area for R&R and... oh boy. Nukes underground. Art you getting all this?"

"Already forwarding the data to everyone as we speak."

"So... when are you bringing Joe in?" asked a cautiously optimistic and weary Rito Revolto. An ironic laughter could heard on the other end. "He's already here, isn't he?"

"You'll find out soon enough."
    Last edited by Hakumen; 10-13-2017 at 07:43 PM.

Thanks
    Jacob Summers Thomas "Tom" Yamato Isabel Kavard

Successfully downloading all the specs he needed for the two prototype tech onto the drive. Jacob went over to the finished prototype which was a sword and shield combo with a crimson red sphere with a Houou Constellation on it. "This'll definitely come in handy. I'll commandeer this for the time being..." He said placing the device into his pocket while taking hold of the shield. Jacob looked at Remy and Tom and nodded to them. "Alright we're finished here, let's get out of here." Tom nodded and took point as they went down the corridors avoiding any gormin patrols not to mention any Kavard goons that may be lurking around.

Meanwhile in another part of the base, Isabel was leading Adam and her goons to the dungeons where the Kavard family keeps their bounties. She nodded at the guard who opened the prison doors. "Toss him in, I'll leave him in your capable hands Commander, I have a feeling this ranger didn't come alone." She said leaving her contingent of guards with the Commander as she made her way down the corridor.

The trio of Jacob, Tom and Remy quickly moved through the base while avoiding patrols came closer to their exit point when the corridor closed off. "Well that's not good..." Jacob remarked. "I knew that ranger and that bag of bones was certainly just a distraction, I'll play your little game." Isabel said emerging from behind the group with Gormins in tow. "Well, this gives me a chance to try out our new toy!" She said raising her left arm into the sky summoning a gauntlet like weapon shaped like a star. She then took out a small spherical object colored green. "Wait...thats just like the crimson red one you have Jacob." Tom pointed out. Jacob nodded noting that he may learn something from the silver haired badass.

She spun the sphere till the constellation showed before inserting it into the slot making the Changer announce "Chameleon Kyutama!", then pushes it forward, towards the nozzle; then she flips the grip down, shouting "Star Change!" She then pulls the trigger of the blaster to transform. Seconds later a Green Ranger appeared in front of them.

"Shinobi Star, Chameleon Green."

Isabel looked at herself in awe before looking at the Rangers and simply pointed "Attack!"

Thanks
    Adam Park Rito Revolto Gourmin Commander

Adam stumbled into his cell and dropped to one knee as Isabel shoved him in. He spun around to see the door slam shut and hear Isabel laugh as she walked out. He stood up and walked up to the cell bars, "And just where is she going?" The Commander walked up to Adam and sneered, "To deal with your friends." Adam scoffed, "Friends? In case you can't tell, I'm in cuffs." The Commander chuckled, "Well Madame Isabel believes you're a distraction." Adam raised an eyebrow, "And what do you think?" The Commander shrugged, "It matters not. You're her trophy now." Adam took a step back, "Trophy?" The Commander laughed, "Haven't you noticed? You're in Madame Isabel's Bounty Case!" Adam spun around to see he wasn't alone in the dark dungeon. There were many other beings in the cell, beings of various intergalactic species, genders, and ages. He took note that they were all in less than ideal physical shape, probably malnourished. Not a one looked to be a fighter. And the thing that took him over the edge: there were children.

Adam spun back round, his face contorting in anger, "What the Hell?!" The Commander laughed more maniacally, "Like I said, Ranger, these are Madame's various bounties!" Adam growled, "She offered monetary rewards for children?!" The Commander nodded, "Why not? Madame does not discriminate when it comes to her wrath!" Adam walked up to the bars once more only to have the Commander smack them with his baton, causing Adam to fly back and land on one knee, "Back off Ranger! You may as well get to know the plebes. They're going to be your only company for a long, long time!"

The Commander laughed as one of the mothers shuffled up to Adam and helped him to look up, a rivulet of blood running down the left side of his face, "Do not anger them." Adam turned to her as she wiped the blood from his face and pressed on his wound, "Don't worry. I'm getting you out of here." The woman shook her head, "I heard him call you 'Ranger,' but I do not see a morpher on you. And you are cuffed. Even if you were not and could morph, you would not be able to defend all of us." Adam smirked, "Well 'Madame Isabel' was right. I didn't come alone. And I'm not as helpless as you think I am." The Commander switched on the monitor outside the cell as it showed Jacob's Team being confronted by Isabel. The Gourmin and the Commander watched gleefully as Isabel morphed into a green Ranger that Adam couldn't identify, "What?! She--She morphed?!"

The Commander turned and grinned, "It would seem Madame's experiments have borne fruit!" Adam turned back to the woman who was now joined by her young daughter, "Experiments... oh no..." He shifted to a hushed voice, "Rito! Where are you?!" A voice crackled over the comms, "I'm here, I'm here. Just about back at your Escape Pod. I don't want this cash to go to waste!" Adam grunted, "Good thinking. But get your butt back in here! It would appear our hostess can morph and she's about hand Jacob's team a butt-whooping! Also, I've been thrown in some sort of cell with Isabel's 'bounties.' Rito, they've got kids in here. We have to free them." A beat, "Right. I'll come in sword swinging!" Adam smiled, "Belmont. I know you've been listening this whole time. I think it's time to send in Joe. Send him to me. The Zangyack Empire is working with this Isabel and she's left a Gourmin type I've never seen before to guard us. He's called a Commander. With this many innocents, I don't want to take chances."

Adam stood and smiled at the woman and her daughter, "Thank you. I'll take it from here. You better get back with the others." The woman and child slowly backed off, "What... are you going to do?" Adam smiled warmly and reassuringly, "Like I said. I'm getting us out of here." He calmly walked up to the bars once more, "Hey Commander!" The Commander turned from the screen, "What? Ranger...?" Adam activated the device in his hand as the cuffs clicked, unlocking. He pulled the cuffs off and slipped the device into his jacket pocket. He then held up the cuffs as he moved his wrists to get blood back in them, "Oops. Looks like me coming alone wasn't the only lie." The Commander stood up as the guards formed up behind him, "You're still behind bars, Ranger!" Adam smiled and pocketed the cuffs as he reached behind him and placed a hand on his Dino Morpher. Morphing Grid energy flowed through his arm as he pulled it back in front of him and held it out, "Power Axe!" The energy coalesced into the massive Power Axe as the Gourmin froze. Adam gripped the axe and swung, cleaving the cell bars in two. The bars fell apart as Adam stepped through, leaning the head of the axe against his shoulder, "Consider this a prison break."
    Last edited by Shadow Ranger; 10-29-2017 at 02:30 PM.

Jigaku No Banken!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Remy Anderson
    Leaning against one of the workstation, her arms across her chest Remy’s eyes roamed about the room. Shewatches with keen interest as Jacob considers the computer programs andselecting files that he thinks they me need later. Her eyes travel and land onTom, watching his form as he surveys the room. She catches the nod Jacob sendsher way, signaling them that their time to go was now. Stepping in line behind both Jacob and Tom,she walked down the corridor.

“Heh…Iwonder what this would be like if I was with…” She closes her eyes momentarily…fightingthe tears that threaten to fall. Her head snapped up at the voice of anotherfemale. Looking up, she saw the new person stepping out, then summoning asimilar morphing device akin to Jacobs. She heard Tom make a reference toJacob. The word attack rang out as soon as the green light died down. Remy’s Escrimasticks came out, taking a step forward and knocking down an incoming gormin. Sheducked underneath the outstretched arm, swinging wide and hitting the back withthe butt of the Escrima stick. She pressed a button on the bottom of her stickactivating the electricity. She ducked, falling into a crouch and sweeping outthe legs of the gormin that came at her. She stood up and bending backwards,her hands touching the cement. Bringing her legs up and kicking up beforeflipping back onto her legs. She turned her head an inch to catch of glimpse ofher team mates.

“Oh. Hell…what is it with corrupted rangers?” She quipped before she jumped back and kickedanother gormin in the face.

Thanks
    It was safe to say that a lifetime spent indoors under florescent lights and in front of computer monitors and in the comfort of labs, libraries and other sheltered, secluded places far from people and sunlight had bleached his skin milky white and his time spent in prison for the last five years had done little good for his complexion and appearance. As he was now, the lanky lad was skin and bones. For a fraction of a second, he caught a glimpse of his reflection in the monitor. Gone was the near unstoppable killing machine from five years ago. He was tired, gaunt and frankly not up to combat for a long period of time. His energy levels had also taken a nosedive alongside his powers and abilities. “Should have kept up the physical training,” he thought as a look of disdain crossed over his face.

He stood up and stretched his arms up over his head, letting out a loud groan and an even louder and rather sickening cracking noise could be heard. “Muuuuuch better,” he muttered as he poured himself his eighth cup of coffee and heated up four chocolate crepes in the microwave. As he made his way back to the monitor to see what was going on, he was pleasantly surprised by what was happening. Child slavery wasn’t particularly uncommon in these kind of places but that was still one unsavoury act of evil that he hated. And then things got even more fascinating to watch as he spotted the sight of Isabel Kavard morphing into a Green Ranger. “YESSSSSSSS. THAT'S WHAT I’M TALKING ABOUT!” he shrieked in delight, positively jumping up and down with glee.

The sheer cathartic glee and mischievous joy exuding from Artemis could be heard on all communications and promptly deafened pretty much everyone that could hear him. The wild and wide toothy grin only got considerably larger when Adam spoke to him and told him to send Joe to him and promptly informed him of the dire circumstances. The loudness from him only increased more as he rang what sounded like a boxing bell. Artemis cleared his throat and promptly finished off one of his chocolate crepes before speaking into the com-links once again. “LADIES AND GENTLEMEN! LET’S GET READY TO RUUUUUUUUUMBLE! It’s time to get funky, bloody and down and dirty with it as we are gathered here today some few thousand years into the future for the blood sport of the century! In the red corner, we have the terrible trio of goody-two shoe goodness, from left to right the trio are the following: He’s quick and speedy and about as energetic as dog chasing a car and has as much aptitude for stealth as a brick through a window, the lowest of the low on the ninja food chain Naruto!” A whoop and a cheer from Goldar could heard from the cockpit as Artemis introduced Tom. “Next up: The femme fatale whose as cool and cold as ice and can knock you flying with those Kali Sticks of Death hard enough to make Sultan Uddin go ‘Daaaayum girl!’, please gimme a warm and fiery welcome for the pink princess herself, Batgirl!” Wolf whistling and even more obnoxiously loud cheering from Goldar immediately followed. “And last up for the trio, he’s the fearless leader of all fearless leaders with a face so bland and a personality to match, give it up for my old pal who’ll make you quack and shiver in your boots: The Boy Scout!” Booing was heard from Goldar followed by the sound of him getting smacked across the head, presumably with Artemis throwing at him. A reluctant and tiny amount of cheering then occurred from Goldar along with complaints about his head hurting and how it was animal cruelty to throw a monkey wrench at a flying monkey. “And in the blue corner, she’s a lean, green, mean fighting machine of mass psychosis and PMS, give it up for… hang on… what’s her name again?”

“Isabel, you idiot!”

“Isabel Kavaaaaaaaaard!” The loudest cheering from Goldar then ensued and Artemis joined in for this one. Clearly, they were betting on the opposite team, a fact that became even more infuriatingly frustrating when the following exchange could be heard between Artemis and Goldar.

“Pass the popcorn would you?”

“With pleasure!”

“20,000 bucks on Elphaba.”

“Wait. Hang on, hang on, shouldn’t we be rooting for them instead? I mean they are the good guys after all? And should you send Joe over to them as back up?”

“And miss this glorified gladiator brawl? What is wrong with you, you overgrown ape?! I’ve been on death row for the past five years. This is the first time I’ve been even remotely interested in anything at all!”

“Fair enough. Good to have to you have back Art!”

“Yeah, yeah, yeah. Lovely heart warming moment. Trust me, it won’t last. Now shut up and let’s watch them get their asses beat down!” Only then did Artemis actually realize that he could actually be heard on all comms and hastily turned it off on the trio’s side of things so that any further running commentary by them couldn’t be heard.

Thanks
    Jacob Summers Thomas "Tom" Yamato Isabel Kavard

'You know what Art, I see a lot more wormholes in your future...' Jacob noted as Tom stepped up. "We will hold her off, you henshin!" He said darting towards Isabel whom was simply amused at the pitiful resistance being put up by the trio.

Tom took out his Ninja Ichibantou and attempted to use one of his signature moves. But Isabel caught it and stepped back easily, ducking and watching wide eyed in almost amusement as he nearly faceplanted on the ground. But she was too furious to care.

As soon as Tom landed on the ground Isabel stepped forward and pushed him back down, grabbing his shoulder and twisting back his arm. She locked his arm and put her head next to the his helmet. "Don't ever underestimate me." She whispered ferociously and released him, shoving him to the ground. She pulled out her blasters to hold him down, but Tom managed a substitution jutsu from under the green ranger who put her blaster away again. "Kyu Rapier!" She said angrily and thrust the weapon at the red ranger who was barely escaping the thrusts she kept sending at him. Finally one of them caught the red ranger as he tried to duck away from it. Sparks flew as he was sent backwards from the blast.

Jacob watched as Tom and Remy battled on "Well its now or never!" He said taking out his Houou Kyutama.

He spun the sphere till the constellation showed before inserting it into the slot of the Houou Blade making the Changer announce "Houou Kyutama!" He then presses the trigger on the Houou Blade which in turn says "C'mon the Change!", then
    he shouts "Star Change!" and takes the Houou Blade out of the Houou Shield. He then reappears in reality as a Crimson clad Ranger.

"Space Buster, Houou Soldier!"

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Remy Anderson.

Remy ducked underneath a gormin’s outstretched armed, reaching back and throwing the gormin to the ground. She looked over her shoulder, noticing Tom in battle against the green ranger. Remy observed the movements of the green ranger as she danced around the gormin’s increasing attacks.

“What have you’ve become?”
    A voice long forgotten rang out in her head.
    She winced as a gormin’s foot connected to her solar plex, she dropped down to one knee and sucked in air, trying to replenish the air that had been lost.
    “What have I become indeed?” Remy asked herself as she pushed the end button on her Escrima stick and placed a well charged volt into the nearest gormin. She flipped backwards, tucking her Escrima sticks back into her hostler. She flipped again but she heard a slight impact of a body hitting the ground. The sound was heavier, not as dense of the sound a gormin made when she knocked them on their asses. She turned and watched as the green ranger had Tom pressed against the ground, his arm against his back. She kicked another gormin away as it had rushed her, as she observed the green ranger aggressively attacking her comrade in arms. She threw her Escrima stick fully charged at the green ranger, flipping and landing down in a crouch right behind her. She swept her leg out, taking the green rangers legs out from underneath her. She flicked out her wrist calling for her Escrima stick back to her side, it crackles with electricity.

“Why do people always attack when others are down? Then again…” Remy shrugged and flipped back landing a few feet away, drawing the attention away from Tom. She slid forward…. anticipating her next attack. Her eyes narrowed on the walking green ranger.
    Last edited by RavenDCloud; 11-22-2017 at 11:05 AM. Reason: I am dumb, i spelled movement as moment. -_-

Thanks
    “Fuck off,” Artemis chimed in his reply through a mouthful of popcorn and went right back to doing sweet FA. The mere thought of getting pulled into another series of unfortunate events thanks to the fourth dimensional doors was enough to make him shudder. “I’ve had quite enough wormholes for one life time thank you very much.”

During the course of the Taisen Operation in their fight with the Zangyack before the Illusive Man showed himself as a player on the board that they were battling on, a rather unfortunate thing happened during the middle of a monster battle in which a wormhole suddenly ripped through the fabric of time and space. And guess which unlucky bastard got pulled into it? Now you would have thought that any number of his buddies would have heroically dived in to pull him out or to try and save him as they do in the movies, right? Hell no!

And thus began his never-ending hell! From being chased by a T-Rex in the dinosaur age, to getting stuck on the Titanic as it was sinking, to winding up in a place called Tateishi City in a different dimension where he encountered the quirkiest bunch of misfits as Rangers from an Asian guy who was incapacitated by the word ‘failure’, a fight happy brunette who could basically Hulk Smashed her way through things and carried an absurd amount of carrots and wrench chick that actually carried a wrench with her even in the heat of battle. He’d even bumped into an alternate version of himself that was still a pintsized blonde teen genius. Now while that experience too bad, it got worse from there with General Shadow hot in his heels and hunting him down like Nemesis to Jill in Resident Evil and that creepy bastard had gone so far as to follow him right into that very dimension. Now then, you would’ve thought after being out from that that he couldn’t possibly jump into the fire that he’d been thrown headfirst into? Well, you’d be right if you believed otherwise.

Art’s rotten luck and purpose in the universe as the cosmic plaything continued to get worse from there. “And it’s any wonder why I loved Charlie Brown and Snoopy as a kid…” he thought as he not so fondly recalled the worsening experiences from as he then met a sociopathic headmaster of an academy who’d decorated his walls the name way Dante decorated his office walls to being trapped in a virtual simulation, being in the middle of a zombie apocalypse, winding up in Nazi Germany and actually being apart of the Nazis because Hitler thought he made great tea, a pitfall loop and being plummeted into a MMA fight and getting knocked by a muscular, tattooed 210lb fighter by the name of Jason 'Fearless' Frank.

“And it was really any wonder I lost my sanity,” he muttered, his thoughts laced with a hint of bitterness as that wonderful time of mayhem and chaos sprung right back into the forefront of his mind after all these long years. "Yo. Park. Count down."

The Kavard Family Dungeons had been a longstanding landmark within the bloodstained lineage of the ever increasingly twisted family and it had claimed the lives of countless victims that had been collected by the notorious family. The smell of grime, blood and dirt could never be shaken off from the place and it clung feverishly on every inch of the place. The helpless cries and screams of the captive prisoners reverberated loudly behind closed doors and from above and below. Over time, they had gathered quite a collection of playthings. Innocent women from conquered lands and worlds forced into servitude as concubines and slaves, defeated soldiers that had been stripped of their honour, their homes and families and moulded into becoming something far unsavoury from the duty bound soldiers that they once were to children snatched away from their families and groomed into the most obedient of servants, ranging from assassins, spies, informers and prostitutes to be fobbed off to wealthy lords and ladies as a means of raising funds for the Kavard Family.

All of these were a common practice. And it seemed the captured Rangers, Riders and other heroes had simply been another series of trophies and prizes that Isabel could add to her expanding collection of toys and playthings.

There wouldn’t be enough time to rescue everyone here, for far too many of them death would be a release from this travesty. The ones who did this did not deserve the mercy of death. That was Rito’s opinion on the matter anyway.

“How the times have changed,” he chuckled bitterly. What on Earth had happened to him to get so soft? By comparison to himself, Goldar simply saw it as business and Artemis was too detached from it all to care given the abominations that he’d created.

Goldar and Rito were both soldiers and warriors that had fought for honour and glory like so many others. Artemis on the other hand was a scientist first and hitman for hire later.

“Now this an interesting discovery,” Artemis commented as he ate another handful of caramel popcorn as he looked around at everything on the screen that was being seen through Rito’s eyes. “Don’t suppose we can bring a couple of the specimens back as research material, can we?” he inquired.

“Absolutely not Mr Belmont.” Sanada responded on his side through gritted teeth.

“You’re no fun,” huffed the skinny brunette as he moved onto munching on pop tarts leaving the popcorn in the capable fingers of the golden monkey sat next to him.

As Rito ploughed through the dungeons in a desperate race against time to grab Park and get the hell out of there, it seemed that everyone in the whole damn dungeon knew where he was as one horde of bad guys after another kept coming at him from all directions. “How are they all managing to find me?” he thought in frustration as he hid behind one of the corners and peeked his head briefly out for a second to wait for the opportune moment to slip past the hallway of guards.

“Alright… Now here’s what I’m gonna do… Incapacitate the first one with a jumping takedown, roast the second with a fireball, hehe Kentucky Fried Zangyack. Aww man, I crack myself up sometimes. Then sprint like a mad man and stab the last one before he can raise his weapon and shoot at me and… what the-“ He looked down as something small rolled along next to his foot. “SON OF A-“

A grenade blew up right next to him, setting the poor old skeleton alit and toppling out of his hiding place. “HOT! HOT! HOT! HOT!” he screamed as he tried to put the fire out by the stop, drop and roll method. Unfortunately, the guards didn’t given him the time of day and set him on fire again with grenades and flamethrowers before riddling him full of bullet holes. Just when it ceased, Rito lay there in a helpless heap. His fingers twitched as new lease of life entered in him and he was about to move to stand up and fight once again, ready to punch, kick, stab, slash, maim and whack their lights out like the badass from hell that he was… and then they blasted him to pieces with a rocket launcher.

“What is wrong with you?!” he croaked as his head bounced along the ground in a vain attempt to move and hopefully put himself back together again. “What happened to the good old days where they’d let you get back up and fight fair by attacking you one at a time? OW!” To add further salt to the charred wounds of Rito Revolto, one of them had the audacity to kick his head away like a football.

The three of them gathered around the remains of his head, looking down at the head of the legendary warrior of evil with the utmost curiosity. There were an odd trio to say the least: A Zangyack straggler that was a giant rock monster, a cyborg and some bald dickhead in military getup.

“Sorry about that guv,” the cyborg apologized as he picked up Rito’s and dusted him off. “Business is business and all that.”

“PUT ME DOWN!”

“Phoowr! Jesus H Christ you stink! You ever heard of cleanliness or bathing at least?!”

"I DO NOT STINK!” objected Rito.

“Mate. Trust me, you do. You smell like feet, farts, intestines, vomit, old cheese and burnt corpse,” deadpanned the cyborg.

“My sister set our house on fire with a dragon when we were kids! It was a present to cheer her up! It’s not my fault it didn’t want a snack! Or better yet, thought I was chicken!”

“That explains the burning death smell…”

“I SMELL OF ROSES AND DANDILIONS THANK YOU VERY MUCH!”

“Says who?”

“My mom…”

“Yeah… No… “Besides, how do you think everyone’s been able to find you?”

“How dare y- OW! STOP IT! STOP IT! I HATE THE AIR!”

Before he knew it, Rito Revolto, son of Master Vile, brother of Rita Repulsa, brother in law to Lord Zedd and all round legendary enforcer of evil was turned into a soccer ball as they with kicking him about the place before kneeing him, using him to header before before booting him against an impromptu goalpost of one the walls. The bald bastard even launched him up high in the air and catapulted him down to the ground with the Jecht Shot, sending Rito screaming down in a blazing moment of unprecedented glory for footballs everywhere past, present and future in all discovered and undiscovered dimensions.

“And that is game set and match for the one, the only: Heinous Harold Hederson!” the bald twat announced as he picked up Rito’s head like it was an Oscar Award and held him up there. “I liked to thank God, my parents, our boss Isabel for being a hot, crazy psycho bitch and Bob and Dildo here for being the best friends a guy could ask for!”

“My name is Dillon, you inferior life form,” the cyborg remarked.

“Yeah. Your head looks like a dildo so shut it,”

“Boys.” the low bass voice of the rock Zangyack known simply as Bob rumbled and grabbed everyone’s attention as he motioned to the regenerating body of Rito that then came charging at them, sword brandished and ready to get back to business.

“I think you know what to do,” Harold said as he handed Rito over to Bob. The Zangyack rock monster poked his giant chubby fingers into the skeleton’s eye sockets and a thumb in his mouth before throwing him full force at Rito’s body, setting his head on fire with the sheer force and velocity and knocking Rito’s body back down like bowling pins.

“STRIKE!”

As the dust settled and the smoke cleared, Rito was finally given a fair and uncharacteristically sporting chance to revive himself and as he reassembled himself back together again, the three stooges cocked their guns and readied for round two of their debacle.

“Right! THAT. IS. IT!” announced Rito, voice filled with a fury that would be quelled until blood was spilled and gratuitous violence was brought down like a heavy hammer of justice on the three sadistic bastards that had degraded, humiliated and beaten him senseless for the last time. He brandished his bone sword once again. “Any last words?” he hissed threateningly, twirling his weapon as he menacingly made his way towards them.

“My, my, is that a sword in your hand or are you just pleased to see us?” Harold quipped, receiving a series of chuckles from his two amigos and surprisingly a snort of amusement from Rito himself.

“Nice.” Dillon complimented.

“I know right.” Harold replied as they fist bumped.

Suddenly, the ceiling exploded, knocking all parties back and blinding everyone in a thick cloud of smoke and debris. Only a faint shadow could be seen and whatever it was, nobody got the chance to react appropriately as the trio’s screams were silenced just as swiftly as they came in a brief hail of gunfire. As the smoke cleared, Rito finally saw the aftermath and the bodies of three of them were torn asunder into tiny pieces. A wave of fear flooded through Rito’s whole system and sure enough, he followed the trail of blood and entrails to see who or what it was that had killed them so brutally and swiftly.

There standing before him was an extremely muscular and towering creature, standing at a frightening nine feet tall and wrapped in a long green trench coat. The head of the creature that all that was seen, the decomposing and deathly grey skin of the creature was covered in cracks and scars and only one of its empty, hollow white eyes was visible as the other had been crudely stapled shut. It opened its sliced off lips and opened its mouth, revealing a two sets of shark like teeth. It moved its fingers and thumbs in a slow flex of anticipation before clenching its fists. Slowly and silently, it stomped towards him and Rito slowly took a few steps back away from this behemoth.

“Ah. Ght on. E’s ally ere. He ay a. Tag. Un.” Whatever Belmont was trying to him on his side of things was cut off by a combination of buzzing, cross talk and static electricity and if Belmont’s connections were being severed or disengaged that was one hell of a bad sign that made his current predicament ten thousand times worse. And before Rito could rightfully cut and run, the creature blurred forward, disarming and hoisted him up by his neck in one foul swoop. It held him there while he dangled like a puppet on a string and flexed its free hand, a surge of white lightning crackled from its fingertips. Rather than electrocuting him, it simply shifted its momentum and threw Rito over his shoulder through the door to the cell block, sending Rito straight through into the room where Adam Park was held captive.

As Rito crashed head first into the Gourmin Commander and toppled him over, he quickly picked himself up as he ran straight for Adam. “You hero has arrived. NOW WE SHOULD BE FLEEING FOR OUR LIVES IF YOU DON’T MIND!” All semblance of calmness had left Rito completely as he bellowed in Adam’s face in sheer, blind panic.

The Gourmin Commander got back up and growled. “You think you can escape? Nobody makes it out of here al- GUAARGH!”

A hand crudely thrust itself straight through the commander’s spraying a shower of blood all over. As he started to fall to the ground, the rest of his body was quite literally shocked to dust in a violent surge of white lightning. The behemoth had teleported in and dealt the coup de grace. It stood at its full height, gazing down at the Ranger and the skeleton, its fingers crackled with electricity once more as it assessed and sized them both up. One thing was clear. They didn’t stand a ghost of a chance against this hellspawn of a creature.

Only then, did Rito recognize that move that it used to wipe out the Gourmin Commander. And so did Adam. “Oh shit… Park… That move was…”

A deathly silence filled the room as the suspense mounted as the prisoners cowered feebly at the imposing tyrant that stood between them and freedom.

“Yes… It was my trademark.” Artemis said nonchalantly on the comm.-links. Before Adam and Rito knew that that had been Artemis’ favourite way of offing his adversaries whenever he went into full blown assassin mode back in the day and that the fact that this behemoth perfectly replicated it along with the lightning and the teleportation revealed everything they needed to know about the identity of the creature standing before him. “Say hi Joe.”

And Joe waved right at them.