Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    And that is the most important part of all this: to keep things civil and have a normal discussion. I have seen firsthand how sometimes a disagreement be it political or sociological can convene into a flurry of accusations or the typical "if you are not X then you are (insert shenanigans here)ist. While i agree to disagree in some stances displayed here i hope this does not take away the fact that we can be either friends or at least be courteous to one another, even more when we share the same interest in all things multicolored spandex.

Now to bring this back to topic, it seems Saban Brands will be shutting down after the Habsro acquisition is formalized. It seems it would unfortunately mean some layoffs, mostly from the Neo Saban era.
    My Bloody Rose...

*Thanks to Nero Trinity for the amazing Sig.*

Thanks
    Yeah hopefully Hasbro will absorb some of the Saban Brands staff from the TV Production side of things to continue working on Power Rangers. Hasbro needs to bring back the Holy Trinity of Tzachor, Lynn, and Marchand. It's painfully obvious that Tzachor and Lynn cannot operate on their own, but with even the two of them together, they can do wonderous things with Power Rangers. Add Marchand back into the mix and you should get some quality stuff. Of course, the caveat to all this is that Hasbro can convince Toei to back off and let them do what they want to do.

Jigaku No Banken!

Thanks
    Well... let the speculation begin!

Hasbro has announced that a new Power Rangers Movie is on the table. So looks like we're getting another one boys and girls! However, it has not been confirmed whether the next movie is going to be a Sequel to the latest one or a complete reboot. Given the official statement about Bumblebee, I'm thinking the next Power Rangers Movie might be a complete reboot to set up the Hasbro Cinematic Universe. What we know about Bumblebee is that being it's the last movie in Michael Bay's Franchise that being a prequel to the whole franchise and it's the last Transformers Movie he will have anything do with as Michael Bay is producing and not directing this one. Of course that doesn't really mean anything as I point you to TMNT. But yeah, Hasbro and Paramount have said that they will be rebooting the Transformers Movie Franchise after this movie and that this Bumblebee COULD act as the backdoor to the reboot. Personally I'm hoping not as this movie is still using the BayFormers aesthetic and I hate that aesthetic, but regardless, with this official information about Bumblebee coming out with the trailer release this soon after Hasbro purchased Power Rangers and announced their intention to launch their own Cinematic Universe, I'm thinking Transformers is going to the be the franchise that kicks off that new universe and if that's the case, I can totally see Hasbro moving Power Rangers in-house to Paramount and completely rebooting it with a new cast. As much as I love the current cast, I'll take the reboot if the Power Rangers elements feel a lot more like Power Rangers, like the Zords for instance. Now don't get me wrong, I still stand by what I said earlier that I would prefer Lionsgate to retain the rights to Power Rangers, but let's be honest, those Zords looked like ass and if the Bumblebee Trailer shows us anything, it's that Hasbro and Paramount are slowly, but surely, realizing that maybe they should make their character designs closer to the source material. I don't know, it's tough because I don't feel Paramount and the current Hasbro Cinematic Team will do as good a job with the characters or even the casting as Lionsgate has done with Power Rangers, but I think everything else will improve. What do you guys think?
    Last edited by Shadow Ranger; 06-09-2018 at 12:46 PM.

Jigaku No Banken!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    IMO i prefer for them to continue in the traditiom of Sentai movies: work with the season and make either a TV movie or an outright theatrical movie (like turbo sans the abysmal acting) and make it a yearly tradition to have a new PR movie with whichever team is at the helm.

Even more if they are working a "cinematic universe", as it is an already established brand so a reboot would not be so needed, just introduce tidbits of the lore here and there. We already had two iterations of the MMPR, a third one is hardly needed i think.

Well, as always it is just my opinion, guess we would have to wait and see what Hasbro has in store for us.
    My Bloody Rose...

*Thanks to Nero Trinity for the amazing Sig.*