Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Thanks
    We can only hope that Hasbro won't treat Power Rangers worse than Neo-Saban did.

Thanks
    So, one asshole writer and a bad variant cover make the whole publisher bad?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mbozzo View Post
    We can only hope that Hasbro won't treat Power Rangers worse than Neo-Saban did.

I would say that you can't do worse than Neo-Saban Era, but... I don't want to jinx it lol.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeleman View Post
    So, one asshole writer and a bad variant cover make the whole publisher bad?
    No, but it's enough to make people not want IDW to get their hands on Power Rangers. Also, Boom Studios is doing fantastic with the IP and have proven themselves to the fandom thus far.

Jigaku No Banken!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Ranger View Post
    No, but it's enough to make people not want IDW to get their hands on Power Rangers. Also, Boom Studios is doing fantastic with the IP and have proven themselves to the fandom thus far.
    And it wouldn't surprise me if Hasbro leaves Power Rangers with Boom as long as they continue to do as well as they are now. Plus there's no telling how long Saban may have contracted Boom for and I'm guessing any contracts like that would carry over no matter who buys it.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeleman View Post
    And it wouldn't surprise me if Hasbro leaves Power Rangers with Boom as long as they continue to do as well as they are now. Plus there's no telling how long Saban may have contracted Boom for and I'm guessing any contracts like that would carry over no matter who buys it.
    Very true. We'll just have to wait and see.

Honestly, the comics don't worry me as much as the Movies. That's where my biggest fear is. We already know Hasbro does great work with their TV Shows, but let me lay a little Hasbro Movie History on RV for those who aren't aware or don't remember. In order from best to worst (and I use 'best' loosely), here are IPs that Hasbro owns that they've made movies of: Transformers, GI Joe, and Jem and The Holograms. So yeah... their Movie track record is kinda crap. So if Hasbro green lights a sequel to the new movie, will I be excited? Sure. But that excitement will tempered by the memories of the movies they have already made. And those they have made make me question how much they really care about their own IPs. Also, the studio that Hasbro has used for all of their movies is Paramount. Color me jaded, but I don't want Paramount anywhere near Power Rangers. So IF a sequel gets green lit and IF that sequel isn't left in the hands of Lionsgate, I will be disappointed and, quite frankly, really worried. ESPECIALLY if I see Lorenzo di Bonaventura or di Bonaventura Pictures tied to it.

Jigaku No Banken!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Honestly, the comics don't worry me as much as the Movies. That's where my biggest fear is. We already know Hasbro does great work with their TV Shows, but let me lay a little Hasbro Movie History on RV for those who aren't aware or don't remember. In order from best to worst (and I use 'best' loosely), here are IPs that Hasbro owns that they've made movies of: Transformers, GI Joe, and Jem and The Holograms. So yeah... their Movie track record is kinda crap. So if Hasbro green lights a sequel to the new movie, will I be excited? Sure. But that excitement will tempered by the memories of the movies they have already made. And those they have made make me question how much they really care about their own IPs. Also, the studio that Hasbro has used for all of their movies is Paramount. Color me jaded, but I don't want Paramount anywhere near Power Rangers. So IF a sequel gets green lit and IF that sequel isn't left in the hands of Lionsgate, I will be disappointed and, quite frankly, really worried. ESPECIALLY if I see Lorenzo di Bonaventura or di Bonaventura Pictures tied to it.
    They also made Battleship and 2 Ouija movies, plus the My Little Pony movie, which further proves your point.

Rumors I've heard is that Transformers is getting rebooted after "Bumblebee" and that they may try to work Power Rangers into a Hasbro Cinematic Universe to include Transformers, PR, G.I. Joe, and maybe even ROM Spaceknight. It would be an interesting universe to say the least. If this happened, PR would also receive a movie reboot to bring it into line with the other franchises.

Thanks
    There's a whole lot of speculation I feel. Power Rangers has always been a creation where they use Japanese assets (and often footage), combine it with a bunch of non-Union 20-odd year old actors pretending to be teens and then get it milked for toy sales. Hasbro clearly has the toy angle down, as that was the way they started on Power Rangers a few months ago. I'm not so sure they're interested in pumping a lot of money in the show or movies. Probably just enough to milk the toy line. As long as comic studios are willing to pay for the rights to produce comics, I'm sure they won't mind taking the money. Same for the mobile games. While it's fun to speculate and dream, I don't expect much more than the Disney-era. Seasons will be fun, probably better than neo-Saban, but also plenty of toy shoe-ins. That's my gamble anyway. We'll see.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Honestly, the comics don't worry me as much as the Movies. That's where my biggest fear is. We already know Hasbro does great work with their TV Shows, but let me lay a little Hasbro Movie History on RV for those who aren't aware or don't remember. In order from best to worst (and I use 'best' loosely), here are IPs that Hasbro owns that they've made movies of: Transformers, GI Joe, and Jem and The Holograms....

Jem and the Holograms

Jem and the Holograms...

Jem and the Holograms...
    Dear Lord, i still have wartime flashbacks anytime i remember that movie. And always come back to watch this video from Nostalgia Critic while i weep in the corner.

My Bloody Rose...

*Thanks to Nero Trinity for the amazing Sig.*

Thanks
    I don't think watching the Nostalgia Critic is acceptable anymore nowadays.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Raging Phoenix For This Useful Post:

Question (05-11-2018), Shadow Ranger (05-26-2018)