Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Legacy of Power

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Scott-Vasquez, Austyn.

“I guess it doesn’t really matter thought, right?” He askedalmost insensitively. “You’re here. He’s not. Can’t turn back the clock afterall.
    Austyn’s body flinched at the power behind the words. Cruelbut they rang true, he spoke the truth, hard as it was to listen to. Tears glistened,threatening to fall but she held them back, crying now wouldn’t do her anygood. She felt the heavy hand of Tommy Oliver on her shoulder, as though he wasabout to intervene on her behalf. With a slight shake of her head, she listenedas Leon carried on. Little things he did, gave the impression that he hadn’tmeant the words to be as harsh as they came out, or perhaps he did. Though therubbing the back of his neck gave off a different tell…though Austyn held her tongue,waiting as he collected his thoughts, continuing.
    “Listen…” Another long pause, she guessed he was searchingfor words that wouldn’t wound as deep. She found him an to be an enigma, for asmuch as he projected this hard image, his actions now should somethingdifferent. Who was he exactly? He continued about that he didn’t know what sheexpected to here, or if that he could say she was awesome, Jason have beenproud of her. Some bleeding part of her, soared with happiness at thatstatement, knowing her dad had been proud of her. Though, the question wasindeed, why was she there? What did she want to hear, no …scratch that, whatdid she need to hear, the more he spoke the more she found her self in aninternal battle? ‘Doubt’s, fears, confusion.Check, she was that and so much more, anger was the key emotion that she felt. Thatday two years ago, she had a feeling she shouldn’t have left, though, she chalkedit up to barely have found her dad and wanting to spend more time with him. Promises,as empty as they are now; had been made that day. A smile, a tight embrace anda push had her own her way, him making her promise to keep in touch. For the shorttime they’d know one another, after the initial who are you and what do youwant questioning, they became as close as they could in the span of time given.She knew he was preparing for the incoming attack, though she’d feignedignorance and smiled as he told her about the different old masters, he hadlined up for her. Then she’d only thought he wanted her to know how to protectherself in case she found herself in a situation. Now reflecting on the time, hehad something else in mind, on that day he sent her on her journey.
    She snapped back to listening as Leon came to an end …he’dbeen right, she had toed the line between the peaceful world her mother socarefully converted for her. Then she’d come to find her father and danceddangerously along the line that would plunge her head first into her father’sworld. Choices had to be made, decisions… so many decisions to make. She didn’tthink she’d be able to make the right one. She felt another squeeze of her shoulderas Leon referred to Tommy as an old geezer. At another time, anotherconversation that would have had Austyn in stitches at the reference. Avenge,follow in her father’s legacy? There were too many things to consider and shehad a lot to think about, she opened her mouth to respond but found that he hadsaid his final peace and was now kicking them out. She held onto the warmth fromthe power of his statement that her dad had been proud of her. Maybe that alonewould help her sleep tonight. ‘Do I honor my father and fight in his stead, stepup to protect those who cannot protect themselves or do I retreat back into theshadows and make myself scare. Respecting my mother’s last wishes and notbecome involved in a war that could very well kill me. Can I become that personwho runs from a fight while others run towards it? Austyn felt the confusion, indecisivenesscurling around her, like a cold chain dragging her down, and away from what she’dlater come to deem as the right decision. Dr. Oliver had already walked towardsthe exit, and she’d follow momentarily, but she had words for the guy who had emotionallygutted her only to semi rebuild her fragile frame of mind.
    “There are many things that are going through my head, anger,confusion, self-doubt, sorrow and lose. None of that will heal over night and Inever will expect it too. I knew my father a short amount of time, and thoughsome of what you said had been harsh, it also served as an eye opener. Thankyou for not sugaring anything and for making me aware of options. I don’t knowwhich path I will take, that’s undecided but thank you. So, maybe sometime inthe future our paths will meet again, and who knows maybe this midget may justkick you for referencing to her as a midget.” She joked hesitantly. Then sheturned around and made her way out of the bar behind Dr. Oliver.
    “You knew my father best…” She stopped and searched for thenext words that she’d say. “I can’t say that leaving and going back into hidingdoesn’t appeal to me. My mother is probably rolling in her grave that I amhere. I don’t know her reasons as to why she kept me from my dad.” On dad hervoice broke and she fought hard to keep her composure.
    “You knew my father best, and there …” She shook her headand met Dr. Oliver’s look with her own watery gaze. “What do you think I shoulddo?” She asked… he was her father’s friend and that meant something. Who knewif she’d do what he recommended, but she waited to her what he thought, insteadof doing what she felt was the right thing. She was a decent fighter, couldhold her own and there was a part of her that wanted revenge…wrong word, wantedvengeance for all the lives that’d been lost. She studied the man beforelooking up at him through her lashes, looking for any chink in his expressionbut non-were given. Sighing, she waited for his response, as the weather becamecolder or perhaps that’d had only been her.

Thanks
    "I love the kind of woman who can kick my ass," he replied evenly with a smile. So the girl did have some fire in her belly and a spine her after all. She was still wet behind the ears and had a lot of growing room to do but that would come with time and experience. The spirit of her father looked on and watched as she left the bar and then back at him.

"Thank you for that. I'll admit that you didn't have to be so harsh with her but I can understand your reasonings. She's gonna be amazing, I know she will. She's gonna be one hell of a Ranger." Jason said,he couldn't even hide the beaming look of pride in his face as he spoke of his daughter. "However, I have a funny feeling that her mom will kick my butt,"

"You're not wrong," agreed Leon.

The Red Ranger let out a hearty laugh and stroked his beard. "Leon was it?"

"Mmhmm."

"I have a request: Austin's a great girl. She takes after Celeste more than me which isn't much of a surprise. She's kind and pure of heart and has so much inner strength but she needs to learn how to work on taking that and letting it out for the world to see. The burdens and responsibilities that comes with being a Ranger will make or break her and while I took to being a hero like a duck to water, she's not me and I don't expect that from her. In time, she'll grow but I know that our enemies won't allow that so until then, she'll need someone to watch her back and help her out along the way and guide her in the right direction. I want you to take care of her for me."

"You drive a hard bargain. Two questions: 1. What's in it for me? And 2. How do you know that I'm even gonna be decent enough for that job?"

"Trini spoke highly of you and I saw you in that fight, you might not have used CQC once but you made sure to always have Dan's back and keep him in check. And I heard what you said, you made a promise to me not let all of it go in vain. Consider that my proof."

"Bit of a cheap shot there old man," the hooded brunette grumbled that was followed up by something about not expecting him to play dirty which garnered a laugh from the original Red Ranger.

"You may be rough around the edges but you have the heart of a lion. Speaking of which..." He gestured over to his partner in crime with concern and amusement, now visible to him as a spectre. "Is he going to be alright?"

"Meh." Leon finished off his gin. "He's been comatose for the past couple days so I'd say so,"

"Is that classed as animal cruelty?" Jason joked.

"Probably."

Before he departed, Jason took one last glance at the young lion, dark eyes firm and serious. "Take care of her."

As expected, Leon nodded in response and wasted no time with words.

"I'll be watching."

"I'm sure you will." the drunken master responded with a roll of the eyes. Then he was gone and Leon was finally left alone again, a feat that he quietly relished in. Sadly all good things had to come to an end eventually as he could feel Rio slowly stir awake for the first time in three days and Leon greeted his oldest friend and ally accordingly.

"Finally waking up?"

He could have sworn that the animal spirit was vomiting in a corner of his brain and was muttering profanities and cursing his very existence. "Hey you can't keep a good lion down!" The poor thing was slurring it's words messily. Friggin light weights...

"No but you can tranq him with booze."

"Asshole." Rio moaned before going right back to puking somewhere in his mind, their connection slowly coming back to the forefront after several days of pub crawls that would have killed off a small army. "So, should we get moving?"

Leon groaned again as he finished his gin and made that one his last as he stood up and promptly swayed and staggered. "Yup... Shower and food first though then go with what's their faces?"

"Your team mates?" supplied Rio.

"Yes! Those pissants!"

Nate Chan

"Oh, you're done?" Did she really just crack a joke? While the timing wasn't exactly perfect, Nate was more surprised by the fact he heard her make a joke. "You talk a lot, ya know that?" She turned on her heels and just began to walk away. "Now that you're done, Shakespeare. You'll be happy to know that I was actually coming to find you...To tell you exactly what you just told me."

"You wha?" That caught him by surprise. But the moment she turned back to look at him, he shook it off.

"Director Oliver is right... We have to honor the fallen. We have to honor Jason...And I've got an idea of how." As Missy continued to walk, Nate simply stood there with a smile on his face. This is what he wanted. This was the leader that the team needed. "Are you coming or not?"

"Right, yeah yeah." Nate jogged up to her and followed her to their destination.

"I'm sorry to hear about your mother. I'm sure she was an amazing woman."

Nate honestly didn't plan to share that part openly to anyone. He was aware some knew about it, but merely assumed the other Rangers didn't, considering how things were among them. "She was. A retired Power Ranger, researcher for the Pentagon, and a single mom. You wouldn't think she could manage all that responsibility, but she did." As they conversed, Nate found that Missy had led them to the Med Bay, heading towards where Andros was kept. Nate saw who was sitting there next to him and figured out why Missy was here.

"I'm really sorry about your dad... We're really sorry about your dad... But, we're here for you. The entire team. Nate and I just wanted to officially welcome you to Earth. We also wanted to welcome you to our team. We're grateful to have you and we promise... we promise you that Kruz and his gang of Assassin's Creed ripoffs are not going to get away with this."

As soon as Kea turned, Nate could see how broken up she was about her father's condition. Truth be told, despite the history their parents had, Nate barely knew Kea, though recognized her enough. What could he even say to her? Just because their parents were allies and friends, it didn't exactly become hereditary. As if something swooped in to the rescue, a security officer entered the Med Bay.

"Officer Chan, I've been looking for you." The female officer said.

"What for?"

"We need you present in the next briefing for our security protocol." She replied. "Its about your intel on Lupin X."

Crap....right... This was definitely unavoidable. After his little stunt when he first arrived, he knew it was only a matter of time before they'd address the silver clad elephant in the room. "Lead the way." Before following the officer, Nate turned back to Missy. "You know how to reach me, let me know what you have planned for us and I'll report as soon as I can, boss."

Thanks
    “You knew my father best, and there …”

Tommy watched as Austyn tried to rebuild the guard around her emotions and regain her composure. He wasn't so sure that she fully recovered, as the next time he spoke, he could still hear that hint of sadness in her voice. She had a smallness about her, a fragility that sent the paternal side of him into overdrive. He wanted to protect her.

“What do you think I should do?”

Tommy's eyebrows rose in confusion and he shook his head.

"Austyn... I'm afraid that you and Leon might have misunderstood the way we do things here. This isn't the 90s and Zordon's not in charge of recruiting the rangers anymore. We're not looking for teenagers with attitude. We need soldiers. Hardened, battle tested soldiers. And I'm sorry, but I don't think that's you. I can't just send anyone out there to battle Kruz's force no matter who they're related to... And to be honest with you, if I did, I'm pretty sure your father would kill me. If he was still around, I mean. So thanks, but, we're going to have to do this without you."

Tommy turned to walk away, having made his point. But, then he stopped and turned.

"Feel free to stick around a bit. Maybe even take a tour of the facilities."

He offered her a small smile and then turned on his heels and continued walking.

Missy Myers-Earhardt - Quantum Ranger

"Thanks, ma'am. I appreciate it."

Missy smiled proudly as her and Kea shook hands. "Quick thing, though; what's Assassin's Creed?"

Missy grimaced for two very different, but equally important reasons.

"You don't know what Assassin's Creed is?" Kea shook her head. Missy looked to Nate for help, but he simply shrugged. Missy shifted her weight from one foot to the other. "They don't have Assassin's Creed where you're from?"

Once again, Kea shook her head. Missy smiled.

"We've got a lot to teach you, young padawan." Missy awkwardly patted Kea on the back as she attempted to connect further with her team. "Wait, do they have Star Wars where you're from? Doesn't matter. You call me ma'am again and we're sending you back. Kay?"

The trio was approached by a security officer.

"Officer Chan, I've been looking for you."

Missy raised an eyebrow, immediately suspicious.

"What for?"

Missy folded her arms in front of her, wanting to know the same thing. Ready to intervene and pull rank if she had to.

"We need you present in the next briefing for our security protocol. Its about your intel on Lupin X."

"Lead the way." Missy started to object, until Nate turned and faced her. "You know how to reach me, let me know what you have planned for us and I'll report as soon as I can, boss."

Now Missy decided to speak before Nate took off.

"Chan... we have a lot to talk about. Getting to know each other. Team building. We won't defeat Kruz as individuals. We need to do it as a team. This is priorty one." Missy paused before continuing.

"Don't take too long."

What she did next felt very unnatural and she hoped it did not come across as such. She smiled. It was a small smile. Her attempt at a reassuring one. But, her eyes spoke of violent murder warning Nate to hurry along.

She turned and ushered Kea to follow with her. "We've got one more stop to make."

She continued walking. "So, you really don't know what Assassin's Creed is?"

Missy and Kea walked into the seedy bar on high alert. Heads on a swivel. Fists clenched. "Yeah, this definitley looks like the place to find him."

The duo ventured further into the bar and passed a very small girl as they did so. Missy gave her a nod as they passed her. Missy kept her head high as she scanned the room, keeping her wits about her at the same time. He was easy to spot. She just looked for the asshole with the most empty glasses around him. Missy led Kea there and stared down some eager looking patrons as she did so. She was ready to throw down if necessary. Thankfully though, they made it to him without any incidents.

Leon reeked of gin and poor decisions. Missy was hit with a whiff of the aroma once she got within 6 feet of him. She shook her head. He had proved his usefulness in battle, so she knew what kind of an asset he could be to the team, but his demeanor wasn't the must pleasant to be around. Why, why couldn't she have gotten someone more... stable? She sat down next to Leon.

"So... "
    Last edited by White Ranger Power; 12-26-2018 at 12:45 PM.

Nate Chan

Nate followed the security officer to where others were gathered for the briefing. It seemed that some development has already taken place and his presence there was just to provide additional information. While the majority sat behind desks, one stood at the front of the room before them all, presumably the one in charge.

"About time you showed up." Nate could sense the hostility in his voice. Clearly the security staff here were just as upset with the Rangers as everyone else. "We've already gone through the updates on our protocol, we just need your intel."

"Sure thing." Nate took the front of the room to address the security staff, though he could see that not many were giving much care to it. Preparing for his arrival, Nate's presentation on Lupin X's data was already ready for him."I know that Kruz is our number one threat to deal with, but with his presence being made aware, Lupin X can't be ignored. I would advise caution when you spot him." Nate knew the risks of revealing information of his alter-ego. But he had no intention of giving up anything new. Everything the GSPO already has on Lupin X, Nate planned on simply revealing that much, and maybe a few red herrings to keep things interesting. "From the reports made from the first assignment the Rangers took part in, Lupin X appeared. And though he provided assistance to the Rangers, he didn't do so for the same purpose as the rest of us."

Through his presentation, one officer stood up to protest. "Listen buddy, I couldn't give a rat's ass about this silver clad hippy." His comment earned a chuckle from a few officers. "And besides, why should we even consider listening to anything a failure like you has to say?"

Nate paused. He kept his composure and kept his visual thought of shooting that officer in the face to a mere thought, nothing more. Nate took in a deep breath. "You know what? You're absolutely right; as a Ranger, I failed in the one simple mission I was assigned. My team was sent to a war zone to rescue civilians who were suppressed by an alien armada. Of course it's unacceptable that our first attack against them resulted in failure and casualties." He spoke firmly to address just how serious that mission was, though his hint of sarcasm wasn't unnoticed. "Maybe my intel really is pointless. Perhaps I should just leave. But tell me first, who encountered Lupin X when he broke into the facility?" Immediately, heads turned to the one officer sitting near the back. Nate recognized him as the one that attempted to arrest him back when he snuck into the facility. Of course, he didn't intend on seriously injuring him, so he was glad to see that he was still there. "How did that go?"

Silence.

"Maybe perhaps, you can listen to what I have to share should another situation like that happens again?"

Silence again.

Nate then continued on with his intel. "Lupin X was originally meant to be a secondary form to be used by myself. After careful analysis on the three Lupin Rangers, Lupin X was developed as a countermeasure against both them and the Gangler's safes. These safes contain Lupin Collection items; items from a distant planet that grant unnatural abilities to their wielders. The Lupin Rangers seem to have the technology to unlock these safes and steal the items. Lupin X has a similar device. The suit was designed to possess the Lupin Rangers' abilities of safe cracking while at the same time having the defensive properties of the Patrol Rangers. His armor is tough, though field research has shown that its not entirely indestructible. While direct shots to the chest, back, and shoulder barely leave a scratch, precise shots to the neck, the armpits, inner thigh, and head have shown to weaken the armor more efficiently." Nothing new to share. Despite this information, Nate was proud of admit that enemies haven't successfully exploited this weakness. "Regarding the identity of Lupin X, that's remained a mystery ever since his appearance. But from what I can gather, it's very likely that he may be a rejected Patrol Ranger candidate. Unfortunately, due to the attack on the Pentagon, records of such candidates have been lost. If you encounter him, I would advise that you make sure he doesn't get his hands on any Lupin Collection items. If chasing him away is the best you can achieve, that's better than letting him steal from us." With that, Nate's presentation was now over. This was his second time speaking before others about this information, so it was much easier lying about most things than when he shared this info to the GSPO.

Now that Nate's part in the briefing was over, he left to rejoin Missy. She hadn't contacted him, so he assumed he still had time before she got impatient. As he left the room, he flagged the nearest staff. "Excuse me, where can I find Missy Myers-Earhardt?"

"I think I saw her with a younger girl heading towards the bar."

Thanks
    Leon had decided to sit back down and grab one last drink much to the eternal misery of Rio was positively livid. "What the hell are you doing? Get moving you lazy shit!" Rio shouted in his mind, wanting his friend to start hustling and actually get moving.

"In a minute." Leon muttered quietly, rubbing his eyes from the pounding headache he had coming on and he made the inevitable vow that so many people did after a rough night and the grandmother of all hangovers of never drinking again.

"Welcome back to the land of the living," the manager Joey joked. "Didn't think you were coming out of that one. The usual?"

"The usual," he groggily groaned in response. One prairie oyster and four cups of black coffee later, the drunken and grumpy Kung Fu master was still grumpy and misanthropic and steadily returning to the realm of soberity again.

The front doors to the bar swung open again and the sounds of guns being cocked from under the tables and switch knives being flipped open registered in his ears. Another uninvited guest in this fine establishment and if the look on Joey's face, the newcomers sure as shit weren't welcome here as he was bracing himself for a bar brawl to escalate at any second reaching for the shotgun under the bar. If that giant sweating Cuban teddy bear of a man was gearing up then he knew it was bad. "Friends of yours?" Joey asked cautiously as they neared.

Leon didn't follow nor did he bother turning round to look. "Probably." He snorted.

Taking his word on that one, Joey shook his head at Leon's attitude, expecting nothing less from him. He recognised the pair of girls from the news reports and amidst the daggers glared and guns pointing in their direction, he wasn't having any of it. "Show a little fucking respect to them. If it weren't for them, us motherfuckers would either be dead or outta business. Y'all know the fucking rules if you wanna shoot that shit up in here." He gestured to the patrons of his bar to go back to their business and they conceded, none of them daring to even humour arguing with the former Mafia mob boss.

Leon took a heavy sigh as he was finally starting to sober up now and listened to the strangers. Two of them again. The first and more dominant of the duo stamped forwards without care or grace, gearing up for a fight if needed and the second one walked daintily and cautiously like it was their first time in a bar. "You've gotta be kidding me," he thought and immediately his fears were confirmed as the kid sat down next to him. "Oh fuck my life. I need a new bar to go to." The additional thought followed as he said goodbye to being sober and said hello to being off his face again and to his delight Joey already slid him a scotch on the rocks and said it was on the house and lid him a Cuban cigar to smoke to his black heart's content.

"So..." Missy awkwardly attempted to break the comfortable and sweet void of silence. What part of him being on vacation did these brain-dead moronic rejects of life not get?! Oliver hadn't said a damn thing of a mission and Brennan or Chris would have tipped him off in advance so then why in God's name was she here for?

The retired Pai Zhua student didn't even look at Missy or Kea as he addressed them in the blasé tone possible.

"Go fuck yourself."

Thanks
    Missy Myers-Earhardt - Quantum Ranger

"Go fuck yourself."

Missy looked from Leon to Kea. Slowly, she pushed herself away from the bar and toward the front door. Once she got closer to Kea, she finally answered the girl's unasked question.

"Trust me." She shook her head. "It's not worth it."

Finally, they stepped out of the disgusting, smoke-filled environment of the run-down bar and into the fresh air. Missy turned to look at the girl once more. No Nate. No Leon. Just the two of them. Their team had started out with so many numbers, but now... now there seemed to be so few of them.

"Looks like it's just us," Missy growled. "What do you say we have some girl time?"

Missy smirked as she lead Kea toward the forest away from UWR Headquarters. Away from the safety provided by the institution. In the recent weeks since the attack on the New York base, Tommy and the rest of the UWR had stepped up their defensive measures. Now, HQ wasn't just off the beaten path. Now, it was fully cloaked with Aquitarian tech retrofitted by Billy and the rest of the engineering program. Why they hadn't thought of that before, Missy had no idea. But, she was grateful for it now. This would ensure that no other UWR base shared the same fate as the New York HQ.

After hiking through trees and tough terrain for a few minutes, all the way Missy and Kea conversed trying to get to know each other a bit more, Missy stopped in the middle of an open field.

"Okay," Missy smiled that impish smirk once more. "Hit me... or you know, try to hit me."

IMPERIAL FLEET

High Commander Kruz stood amongst the ranks of Imperial Fleet Guardsmen. He was shirtless and covered in sweat. In the center of the ranks, chained to a large wooden post, was General Uri. He was kneeling in front of the post and shirtless. On his back were large, bloody gashes, inflicted by Commander Kruz.

"Let this be a lesson to all of you," Kruz gestured with his arms that still held the whip, the action sent blood spewing all of over his guardsmen.

"Failure will not be tolerated... Weakness will not be tolerated... Am I understood?"

Everyone nodded their heads. "Am I understood?"

"Yes, Commander Kruz!" Shouted General Uri.

Commander Kruz walked over to General Uri and undid his chains. He helped the man to his feet. Once he was sure the man wouldn't fall, he turned his back on him and Kruz dropped the whip. Uri stared at him. No anger or malice in his eyes. Instead loyalty and reverence.

"We did what we set out to do. We wiped out the New York base of operations. We cut off one of their appendages. We handicapped them!"

The guardsmen cheered. "But, we still failed. We fell at the hands of a bunch of ragtag misfits disguised as power rangers... And that is unacceptable."

"You don't like the punishment," Kruz said his back still to Uri, but watching him out of the corner of his eye. "You disagree with me? You know how we do things here... If you think you could do better, then step up and challenge the High Commander."

Kruz turned around in a circle waiting for someone to accept his challenge. Just then, Lieutenant Omni stepped forward. The air in the room suddenly changed and everyone watched with bated breathe. Omni was the prodigy. Many people assumed it was only a matter of time before he claimed the throne for himself. Omni walked up and looked Kruz in the eyes.

Kruz stared him down, his hand balling into a fist. His muscles tensing ready to strike. He knew this moment would come. He had heard the whispers and he had been preparing, readying himself. Suddenly, Omni bowed to Kruz and dropped to a knee.

"My lord," Kruz relaxed and smiled at his subordinates deference. Omni looked up to his commander. "I have something that you'll want to see."
    Last edited by White Ranger Power; 01-02-2019 at 03:06 PM.

Nate Chan

It took a while, but Nate managed to find where the bar was located. He entered through the doors and was met with a rather tense atmosphere. All eyes were on him, and none of them were welcoming. A bar filled with men, finding two women shouldn't be too difficult. Well, it shouldn't be if they were there to be found.

Crap. Missy's gonna kill me for this.

However, while he was disappointed with himself for being late to arrive, he spotted Leon sitting at the bar. Strange, why would Missy leave the bar without taking Leon along? As he took several steps in to approach Leon, he felt all eyes following him. He took glimpses at some of the patrons that passed by, he spotted a few concealed firearms among them.

A few Glocks, Berettas. With this many guns, I'm assuming the bartender has something behind the table; rifle or shotgun probably. Uncomfortable with the unneeded attention he's getting, Nate stopped walking and placed a hand on his X-Blaster holster. Highly concentrated crystal battery with an average firing rate of 3 rounds per second with a rapid fire mode that can triple that rate. And with a self-sustaining coolant, I can keep shooting long after you run out of ammunition. Oh, and let me also mention that it shoots highly pressurized laser discharges instead of bullets. If any of you wish to continue making threatening glares at a GSPO officer or wish to take action, now's your chance." He paused, waiting for any response. But as soon as he finished speaking, they all looked away and went back to their business. Nate approached the bar, taking a seat next to Leon. "I'll take whatever he's had."

"Prairie oyster and four black coffees?" The bartender asked, confirming the order.

Nate's gut almost twisted inside him. "Oh god no, nevermind. Just a Guinness." While waiting for his drink, he turned to Leon. "I get the coffees, but why the oyster? What'd you have last night?" No response. "Did Missy come by earlier?" Still the silent treatment. The bartender returned with his Guinness. Nate took a sip of the pint, downing a quarter of it. "Look Leon, if we're going to continue being a team, the least we can do is be a little more civil around each other."

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Kea - Bonding with the Boss

Quote Originally Posted by White Ranger Power View Post
    Missy grimaced for two very different, but equally important reasons.

"You don't know what Assassin's Creed is?" Kea shook her head. Missy looked to Nate for help, but he simply shrugged. Missy shifted her weight from one foot to the other. "They don't have Assassin's Creed where you're from?"
    Kea shook her head. "No and no, sorry. Spent most of the last few years alone in the void of space, and honestly I haven't reaaaaally kept up on... well, basically anything, really."

"We've got a lot to teach you, young padawan." Missy awkwardly patted Kea on the back as she attempted to connect further with her team. "Wait, do they have Star Wars where you're from? Doesn't matter. You call me ma'am again and we're sending you back. Kay?"
    Kea had no idea what Star Wars was, the poor sweet summer child. "Loud and clear, ma- uh... Boss? Commander? Duchess?"

The discussion of Earth pop culture was interrupted by the arrival of a security officer, looking for the suspiciously silent (and incredibly familiar looking) Nate Chan. They parted ways then, with Nate going god knows where and Missy leading Kea away.

She turned and ushered Kea to follow with her. "We've got one more stop to make."

She continued walking. "So, you really don't know what Assassin's Creed is?"
    "Assassin's Creed, Star Wars, nope. Your Earth pop culture references are totally lost on me," she replied as Missy led Kea... somewhere. "I knew a bunch of the Astro Rangers growing up, but my dad really wasn't on Earth for long, and my mom has never been, so I never really experienced any of it." Kea thought for a second. "Except, oh wait, one thing. Uncle Zhane said to always remember that Greedo shot first? I dunno what a Greedo is though."

Several minutes later, Kea found herself in... a dive bar, of all places. Despite being underage in most of the known universe, Kea had spent more than her fair share of time in Onyx bars, and she hated them. They always smelled like smoke, whether or not smiking was a thing on whatever planet she was on. The people ranged from depressed to drunk and ornery with a hefty shake of horny somewhere in there.

Bars were the worst.

"Yeah, this definitley looks like the place to find him."
    "Of course it does," Kea muttered under her breath. She pointedly avoided eye contact with everyone in the bar as the duo made their way to Leon.

Missy took a seat next to the guy who was probably not actually a wino. Kea chose to hang back a few paces, partially so Missy could have a discussion with Leon in partial privacy and partially because one of the other bar patrons had been eyeing the two young women since they'd entered the bar and Kea was not super looking forward to breaking his arm.

Okay, maybe she was looking forward to it a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Hakumen View Post
    The retired Pai Zhua student didn't even look at Missy or Kea as he addressed them in the blasé tone possible.

"Go fuck yourself."
    Kea hadn't purposely been eavesdropping, but her eyes shot wide open when Leon responded in such a... Leon manner.

Missy looked from Leon to Kea. Slowly, she pushed herself away from the bar and toward the front door. Once she got closer to Kea, she finally answered the girl's unasked question.

"Trust me." She shook her head. "It's not worth it."
    "Can anything that would feel so good really be not worth it?" Kea shot Leon a glance as she and Missy left the bar. He barely seemed to notice their departure as he took asnother shot of something that smelled like death and turpentine, even from this far away.

"Looks like it's just us," Missy growled. "What do you say we have some girl time?"
    "Is that not what we were doing already?" Kea asked, grinning so as to make it obvious that she was making a hilarious joke.

The two chatted idly for several minutes as Missy led Kea off the UWR grounds and into the woods. Kea assumed that Missy wasn't going to serial kill her in the middle of nowhere, but to be fair she also didn't really know any of the Earth Rangers all that well.

They stopped in an open field, where Missy turned to Kea and fell into a martial arts stance.

"Okay," Missy smiled that impish smirk once more. "Hit me... or you know, try to hit me."
    "Heck, if I'd known you wanted to get punched, I'd have just started a fight in the bar!"

Kea danced on her feet (as opposed to whatever else one might dance on), bringing up her fists in a playful aggressive position. SHe wasn't after all, actually looking to hurt her new leader. But how could an Earth Ranger really compare to someone who'd spent the last five years in the seediest, most dangerous sectors of deep space?

Three seconds later Kea was on the ground, rubbing her newly aching jaw and wondering what the hell just happened.

Kea grinned.

"Honestly, I kind of assumed 'girl talk' meant gossiping about all the other Rangers. This is way better."

This time, Kea at least managed to tag the Quantum Ranger on the shoulder before being flung to the ground.

Kea never stopped grinning. This was fun.
    HILARIOUS SIGNATURE

Thanks
    The brat got the hint and left with the alien in tow and left him alone to his own company which was exactly how he liked it. As the left the bar, Leon leaned back into his chair and stamped out the cigar he'd been smoking and thanked Joey for both the drink and the cigar. "No problem kid," As always Joey was a giant sweetheart of a man who was much too earnest. So much so that Leon genuinely forgot at times that he was one of the most influential mob bosses back in his prime before going steady and well after a lifetime of drugs, violence he honestly couldn't blame him. That was one thing that he always appreciated about his friendship with him and that was that they knew where each other and unlike so many others, Joey didn't expect any social graces from him or anything else. Cocking his head up at the sound of the doors opening back up, Joey watched as another newcomer stepped into a bar and up to the plate respectively. As per the norm, the patrons of the bar responded accordingly when faced with someone that either didn't run in their circles or to outsiders from the surface. He eyed the kid up with curiosity, noticing that he was sizing everyone up and gauging reactions and weapons of everyone before giving as good as he got. Joey couldn't help but laugh and smile. "Kid's got some guts," he said warmly and affectionately, whereas Leon only groaned as he recognised the speaker's voice as the thief kid. "Oh great... God shits in my dinner again... Perfect. Just perfect. I definitely need to find a new bar to go to." he thought, fighting the urge to bang his head off the table until it split open and he'd hopefully bleed to death.

As Nate took a seat next to Leon, Joey was pleasantly welcoming, a nice contrast to the patrons that didn't at all reflect on the owner's own sweet and open personality. Meanwhile, Leon's irritation and misanthropy reached staggering new heights. What the hell did a guy have to do to get some peace and quiet? And what part of him being on vacation made the universe suddenly say "Sorry mate. No chance! Here, have some people to interact with!"

Joey took the kid's order and even laughed hysterically at his reaction to Leon's hangover cure. The Kung-Fu master listened only halfheartedly to Nate try and establish conversation with him, ranging from questioning the oyster to what he'd been having and about the brat before finally cutting straight down to the nitty gritty of matters and offered an olive branch. "Look Leon, if we're going to continue being a team, the least we can do is be a little more civil around each other."

The offered olive branch was left dangling for the time being as Leon was as silent and stoic as ever, choosing the tension and discomfort between them sit there for just a while longer. He found solace in the silence as it let him enjoy his scotch on the rocks in peace. As he finished his drink and gave a tip of a few thousand bucks in cash from his shabby and dusty old leather wallet from his trouser pocket, he stood up and sauntered off to the jukebox, sliding a coin into it and picking his song choice. Surprisingly, his choice of music was not heavy metal or hard rock which was to be expected from someone so surly and unpleasant but the soft sounds of jazz music blasted through the speakers of the bar. And as Blue in Green by Miles Davis played, the brunette shut his eyes and smiled, exhaling a small sigh of relief to relax himself. He tucked his hands back in his pockets and moved back over to the bar to his seat with that same slow, slouching gait that had become so apparent to his character. His fingers drummed to the piano melody throughout as Joey handed him one more coffee to keep him somewhat sober. Now that he was adequately relaxed and comfortable, Leon took a few sips of coffee, savouring the taste and letting out a low and almost lustful growl of delight at the coffee.

"Well don't just leave him hanging there any longer! You haven't said a word for the past three minutes! Speak to him damn it!" Rio lectured, infuriated by his master's lack of social graces. How the absolute flying fuck that fur ball of an animal spirit was his he'd never know because he sure as shit didn't get any of that feel good positivity from him. His dad, maybe? Oh what the hell, he could ponder that another time. Flamenco Sketches was the next track to come onto play and at long last, the taciturn Kung-Fu master finally broke the silence that had been festering feverishly between them, finally grabbing a hold of the olive branch offered to him if only by a few fingers.

"Listen, kid. If you're expecting us to sit round a campfire and sing Kumbaya or exchange deep dark life stories and secrets, forget it." Leon stated plainly. "I'm not that kind of person, never have been, never will be," He took a few more sips of his coffee and licked his lips in delight. His mind cobbled together the questions from earlier that he'd promptly ignored. "The Prairie oyster is my hangover cure and the coffees are also a good way to stay awake enough. And I've been holed up in here drinking for the last four days so couldn't really tell you what I had half an hour ago let alone last night. Brat left a little while ago with the alien, you head off now, you'll catch up. As far as being civil goes, I respect those who deserve it. It's true that we're on the same side but it's a business relationship for me, nothing more. We do our job as Rangers and then I go home afterwards and don't lost an ounce of sleep for it. Plus, I make a point not to get close to liars," Something about that off-hand comment in the way that he said it was chilling and it became even more so with his next choice of words. "You may have the walk and talk of an officer but you have the eyes of a liar," That garnered a surprised look and got a reaction out of the kid. More so as Leon actually brought his hood down and looked straight at him dead in the eye with the intensity of a predator waiting for the right moment to pounce on its prey. "I'll say the same thing I said about you to the greenhorn: You're crafty one with street smarts and a good head on you and you've lost loved ones. That much is true..." The Black Lion was now uncomfortably close to the GSPO officer. "You and I are different to the others in which we share experience in dealing with oddities and dancing between the lines of right and wrong. But here's the difference: I'm honest about it. You're not." He backed off and stretched his arms out, elbows, fingers and shoulders all creaking and cracking with disturbing loudness. "I can take a pretty damn good guess on your reasons for not being straight up but frankly, I don't really care enough. You be straight with me and I'll do the same for you. Deal?" He finished his drink and stood up, pulling his head back over his head after cocking Nate with a sly grin. "Finish your pint. And let's get moving."