Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Legacy of Power

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Austyn Vasquez (Scott)

The ending of her sentence had Tommy’s demeanor changing, and that had her taking a step back. “Thanks for thinking that I’m a teenager. I know I small, but I’ve crossed the threshold of teenager with attitude.” Austyn retorted…her eyebrow raised as he finished his thought. She blinked up at him, arms crossing in front of her at his retreating form.

“Feel free to stick around a bit. Maybe even take a tour of the facilities.”

He left her standing there with a parting smile and continued with his night. She had a lot to think about, her gaze turned back to the bar, wondering if she should venture back in and try to communicate with Leon more. She shook her head, clearing her mind before turning and venturing back the way she came. She walked off, passing a duo of woman when one nodded in her direction. Confused, Austyn just waved, with a small smile in return and continued her venture.

She found herself walking back to where she was staying, under her mother’s last name. The place was small, but it was a place to rest her head and shower. Austyn sat down on the comforter and her mind went over the days events. She tried to see reason with Dr. Oliver's dismissal, but some where her asking what he thought she should do, came out wrong. Groaning, she sat up and reached for her sneakers, eyes narrowed, to continue the conversation he brushed off. Once again on her feet, she left the safety of her hotel room and ventured onto the facility.

Her mind was set on one destination, and if she hadn't been focused she may have been in wow of the technology. She stopped to ask people along the way directions to Dr. Oliver's Office. She bit back the want to smack people's hands away as they patted her on the head and asked her if she was lost. Being short came at a disadvantage sometimes, and this was one of those times. Austyn stopped in front of black double doors, with Dr. Oliver etched across. She resisted the urge to run her fingers over the engraving of the name, instead knocked on the door.

She bit back the giggle when the door opened and he looked over her, then around....

"Down here." She stepped into the office before he could close the door on her.

"Let's get one thing straight because it'll bug me, I'm not a teenager, my mother just was a hobbit and I inherited her hobbit like stature. I'm twenty three, so there's that. I'm not a battle hardened soldier but I am someone's daughter who lost both of her parents to this chaos.*I think we have different ideas on what my father may have wanted, but the issue at hand is I'm here and I want to help. Wherever you may need me, whether it's helping people finding shelter or sitting with the sick or injured. I'm not someone that* you can easily dismiss and send away, I am my father's daughter and I do have his stubborn streak. Let me help."

Thanks
    Missy Myers-Earhardt - Quantum Ranger

"Heck, if I'd known you wanted to get punched, I'd have just started a fight in the bar!"

Missy scoffed as she watched Kea bounce on the balls of her feet. Then, Missy watched as Kea brought her fist up in a 'put em up' fisticuffs manner. Eyeroll. Missy tried to hide her smile, getting to know Kea a bit more now... Missy was starting to like having the girl as part of her team.

"That's funny... because that implies that you're going to hit me."

Missy moved quickly and executed a double legged takedown and then flipped Kea onto her stomach and face. Missy shrugged as Kea looked up at her with surprised look on her face.

"Honestly, I kind of assumed 'girl talk' meant gossiping about all the other Rangers. This is way better."

"Do I look like the gossping type?"

This time, Missy, graceful as ever... executed a gorgeous looking spin move, and then quickly dropped to the ground, and hit attempted a sweep of Kea's legs. Unfortunately, Kea saw this move coming and jumped over the sweep and caught Missy's shoulder with a knee. Missy used her weight and momentum to lean in to the move and bowl Kea over, knocking her to the ground.

The duo rose to their feet, ready to square off again. "And so, here's the skinny on the whole Han/Greedo thing..."

IMPERIAL FLEET - SPACE

"What is it? What's so important?" Kruz continued to ask as he was lead to the war room. The war room has state of the art vid screens, monitoring multiple locations on earth, holographic tables that are capable of planning out battle strategies, and an armory filled with the latest and deadliest pointy, stabby murder things.

"I thought you wpuld like to see this..."

Omni raised his hand to one of the vid screens and began to swipe it to the left. The action of doing so changed the location being shown. Finally, Omni found what he was looking for. He saw the twinkle in Kruz's eye. A malicious grin formed on both of their lips.

"Send everything we can spare. Now!"

Omni quickly left to assemble his forces, leaving Kruz to stare at the vid screen, his eyes falling predatorily on Missy and Kea alone...

Director Tommy Oliver

Tommy stared intently at the screen as he continued to replay the footage from his teams first meeting with the Imperial Fleet. In a seperate window, pieces of text scrolled by detailing the amount of damage enacted on the New York base. He was just about to replay the footage again when he got a knock on the door.

He opened the door and to his confusion saw no one there. Then, he heard the giggling.

"Down here."

Tommy tried to hide his surprise. "Oh. Austyn, hi..."

"Let's get one thing straight because it'll bug me, I'm not a teenager, my mother just was a hobbit and I inherited her hobbit like stature. I'm twenty three, so there's that. I'm not a battle hardened soldier but I am someone's daughter who lost both of her parents to this chaos.*I think we have different ideas on what my father may have wanted, but the issue at hand is I'm here and I want to help. Wherever you may need me, whether it's helping people finding shelter or sitting with the sick or injured. I'm not someone that* you can easily dismiss and send away, I am my father's daughter and I do have his stubborn streak. Let me help."

Tommy smiled. God. She was just like Jason. There was no getting through to her. Her stubborness was almost admirable. Was admirable. And of course, she was right. This was her fight too. This was all of their fight, together. And they needed as much help as they could get. Tommy took a deep breath.

"No."

Then he squeezed past her, leaving her behind and leaving his office door wide open for anyone to enter. Not generally a good practice for the director of a international paramilitary organization.

Nate Chan

Nate was taken back by Leon's statement, but also filled with mild panic. What exactly was Leon implying? Did he somehow figure out Nate's double life? How did he know? Was Nate's cover truly blown?

Snap out of it Nate. It's just speculation, you have no evidence to back that up.

Focusing himself back to reality, Nate regained his senses. He knew that if Leon had his suspicions, any reaction of fear or surprise would only make things worse. He knew that when he made the decision to be the Lupin Ranger's ally. He knew he had to always be on his toes and be prepared for any suspicions people may have about him. But the plans that were set should one Lupin Ranger be compromised involved the others carrying out elaborate plans to ensure the suspected member be cleared of all suspicion. This was different, Nate was alone. He had no ally to help him out of this, no life line. This meant Nate had to be extra careful.

Leon was now a potential threat to blowing Nate's cover, he wasn't going to take any chances.

During the whole time Nate was thinking to himself, he didn't even notice that Leon had left the seat beside him. "Finish your pint. And let's get moving."

"Huh? Oh, ok. Hold up." Nate grabbed his pint of Guinness and glugged it down in seconds. Getting up from his seat, he caught up with Leon and followed him as they left the bar. "Ooh, I don't feel too good." Nate put a hand to his stomach as he felt the Guinness settle in. "Why do I get the feeling that wasn't actually Guinness?"