Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    I wish they'd do a rescue theme. It would be a nice change. A nod to Hurricanger? A battleship as the main robot and having the ability to eject mini-mecha? That would be cool. The divided team idea. Not bad idea either. I'm already picturing what type of mechas that could be used in the series.

Thanks

Ressha Sentai Tokkyuger

Quote Originally Posted by Henshin Justice

It’s now confirmed through the trademark databases! The next Super Sentai for 2014 is called, Ressha Sentai Tokkyuger!

The title Ressha is a pun on the Japanese word ressha, which means train using the kanji characters for vehement car instead of the usual ?? line car. While Tokkyu means limited express train. Our new Super Sentai will most likely be train-based!
    Sounds interesting to say the least. What do you think? Discuss below!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I think I found an image of the Mecha we have to look forward to!

-GPR

Thanks
    Some new updates:

Quote Originally Posted by DecaEnd View Post
    Next Sentai seems to be based on trains.
    http://henshinjustice.com/2013/09/25...tai-tokkyuger/
    As you can tell, the thread title has been changed.

Quote Originally Posted by dukemon22
    You are a hero for this pun sir.

It will definitely have trains, but the "Tokkyu" makes it sound like they may be going with some kind of rescue theme as well. Even though the word itself hints at "express" I doubt Toei would just do trains alone. There's going to be a catch there.

Everyone is translating "Ressha" as "Vehement Car" which is technically right, but I think they're going for a pun on more than just "train." "Rekka" means giant blaze, and the "retsu" character can mean heroic.

Kind of awesome that I get both my favorite motifs back to back though. There goes money.
    Latest rumor posted yesterday:

New rumors:

Quote Originally Posted by dukemon22 View Post
    New Rumors:

I like these a lot, they resonate really well with what I was theorizing. As they are from 2ch, and could just be someone else's machinations, please take with a grain of salt!

-The "Tokkyu" in Tokkyuger will have a double meaning. As rumored before, we may have a rescue type series on our hands. "Tokui"(Special Ability) + "Kyu"(Rescue/Relief)

-The mecha may be hybrids of rescue vehicles and trains. The prevailing rumor is that the mecha are known as 特救烈車 "Tokkyu Ressha" (Special Rescue Vehement Cars.)

Rumored as the following:

Bullet Train/Firetruck Hybrid

Bullet Train/Police Car Hybrid

Bullet Train/Ambulance Hybrid

These trains have the capabilities of different rescue vehicles.

They may have an origin in space.

-The Tokkyuger's team weapon is the "特急剣" (Tokkyuken), Limited Express Sword

Thanks
    Some speculation is cool:

Quote Originally Posted by dukemon22
    Again, more salt needed, as this may be unconnected to the above posts, but it's at least a going theory on colorization and vehicles:

-The first 3 vehicles are to be joined by a "Blue Train/Helicopter" and a "Yellow Train/Bulldozer"

-The Train/Firetruck will be Red, the Train/Police Car will be Black, and the Train/Ambulance will be White and Pink

Thanks
    That image GPR found looks a lot like Thomas the Train.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    RISING CONVICTION! TRICERA BLUE!

*Credits to RavenDCloud for the Amazing Sig*

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Lily View Post
    That image GPR found looks a lot like Thomas the Train.
    What a wasted post, Emily. Of course it is Tomas (Thomas). The name is right there in the pic. If you had already known that was Tomas, don't post. Its obvious you posted to make sure it was.
    Last edited by ForeverBlue; 10-13-2013 at 12:33 AM.

Thanks
    I know. I just wanted to say something that's all.

Thanks

It's finally here! Toy retailer GreatToysOnline had posted our very first look at the upcoming 38th Super Sentai series Ressha Sentai Tokkyuger (烈車戦隊トッキュウジャー). This season's main theme are trains. The television series starts airing this February 2014.

At the back, you'll see this year's main mecha, rumored to be called Tokkyu-Oh.

According to previous information, the new series will target not only kids, the usual target audience for a Super Sentai series, but also train enthusiasts. It is also stated that the series will be using a different call sign, トッキュウ1号 for Tokkyu 1 (Tokkyu Ichigou), Tokkyu 2 (Nigou), Tokkyu 3 (Sangou), Tokkyu 4 (Yongou) and Tokkyu 5 (Gogou). And the transformation device will be electronic tickets

Copyright for Ressha Sentai Tokkyuger was registered last September. With the suit revealed, cast members will be announced on late December or early January.

^Made by Paul^