Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbil View Post
    Okay, let me reiterate.

What about the plot sounds fanficcy? Because I'm assuming fanfiction storytelling and plotting trends have to do with actual plots and not titles.
    The whole damn thing does.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Buster View Post
    The whole damn thing does.
    Either fanficcy is just a synonym for "storyline I don't like" or there is something specific about this that feels like a fanfiction. Explain to me how this premise is any more fanficcy than, I dunno, any random Kalish season that was largely Sentai recognizable with one or two differences for their synopsis.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbil View Post
    Either fanficcy is just a synonym for "storyline I don't like" or there is something specific about this that feels like a fanfiction. Explain to me how this premise is any less fanficcy than, I dunno, any random Kalish season that was largely Sentai recognizable with one or two differences for their synopsis.
    Or it's just my opinion that the thing sounds "fanficcy". This isn't some kind of conspiracy, chill out.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Every season past the first sounds at least a little fanficcy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Question
    I'm like three quarters of RV's posts at this point. Do you really want to chase me off?

Thanks
    See, you think I'm being uppity, I'm just trying to understand what this means and you're pulling a GoseiManta by going to the immense extreme of "WOAH SLOW DOWN CONSPIRACY THEORY", as if I can't just ask a fucking question because my job as moderator is to drum up more in-depth discussion. God, you people wonder why people think your board is complete ass.

Dino Charge as a frequent name for fanfic? Sure, valid point. Q and I are discussing one he found over Skype right now because we're having fun hashing out whether or not it's fake since this is one of the few times we disagree on something. But "Dino Charge" for a season based around selling batteries to stupid children is such a logical title choice that I'm not surprised it'd be used in an official capacity without them realizing fans ate it up already. That's MY argument. Do you disagree? Why?

But really. What about the synopsis sounds like a fanfiction? Divorced from the title and using actual critical thinking skills, what about the synopsis sounds like "I would find this on fanfic websites?" There's nothing about it that sounds remarkably different from other seasons. "Kyoryuger but bounty hunter" isn't any different from, say, "Magiranger but chosen one".

I'm not even thinking there's some grand conspiracy, Manta. I just want to know what that means and you don't need to be a priss just because, God forbid, someone disagrees with you or questions your thinking. Especially when my EXPLICIT JOB is to illicit discussion more than "i like tommy".

Thanks
    Gerbil, I love you, I really do. But you're making this a bigger deal than it has to be.

I appreciate the fact that you are trying to drum up more discussion, but did you really have to go there with the "board is complete ass" thing? No.

So now let's move on to the whole fanfic comment I made. For the second time, it is my opinion that the name and synopsis (basically the only information we've gotten) sounds like it was written by a fan and not Saban Brands. That's it.

"the Paragon Prisms were given to a dozen dinosaurs for safe keeping by an alien"
    "an intergalactic bounty hunter starts sniffing around Earth looking for the Prisms in order to harness their power and annihilate the world"
    Straight up sounds like something a fan would write and not someone who has spent years writing for a television show, even if it is a kids show.

Finally, my "being prissy" as you so kindly put it is not meant to be directed at you. More or less it was my way of being pissed that they're skipping Go-busters, and looking back now I'm sure I could have composed myself better, and you could have too. You can disagree with someone without having to insult them.

Thanks
    Yes, I know it's your opinion.

That's really what annoys me. It's as if the concept of asking someone to elaborate on their opinion is tantamount to "NEUUUUGH STOP."

That being said, I guess all I'll say is I don't see what's so inherently fanficcy about dinosaurs guarding artifacts when the first season had sentient dinosaur robots, one of whom was best friends with a floating head in a tube. If anything, it fits the PR universe stupidly well.

Thanks
    Contracts can be altered, so saying that Toei wouldn't allow Saban to skip a season, isn't really a good arguement to point this rumor out as a fake.

Thanks
    It's confirmed now, so hardly a rumor.

I still kinda wish they'd pushed Go-Busters and Kyoryuger together into a fucked up flipper baby, though. I would've loved to see how they'd combine those. I like the Dino Charge premise as is, but I'm sad Super Megaforce is probably gonna be an anomaly of Sentai mixing rather than the new norm.